Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 17, 2021, 5:58pm

Bit of fun assuming the takeover goes ahead.

Think I'll just get rat arsed and stagger outside to watch all the fireworks go off   :)
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 17, 2021, 6:11pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

Bit of fun assuming the takeover goes ahead.

Think I'll just get rat arsed and stagger outside to watch all the fireworks go off   :)

Open top bus parade
Posted by: wigworld, January 17, 2021, 6:14pm; Reply: 2
Fireworks, parties with everyone wearing a Conoco hat, statues of Fenty pulled down and thrown into Alexandra Dock.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 17, 2021, 6:19pm; Reply: 3
To celebrate I thought  that I would be inspired to build some rapport with him.

You know, climb a floodlight pylon, break a kid’s flag, scratch my car, wear a dodgy polo neck jumper, make some new friends with an ex-con, make outrageous speeches, hijack some shares, threatening to sell my grandmother and generally engage in unmitigating failures and adventures for 16 years.

................,And  I want my money back for all costs money incurred during this time.  
Posted by: Davec, January 17, 2021, 6:48pm; Reply: 4
I've got some champagne in which I am waiting for the moment Fenty goes
Posted by: GrimRob, January 17, 2021, 7:14pm; Reply: 5
Stand outside and applaud?
Posted by: denni266, January 17, 2021, 7:16pm; Reply: 6
I think a town wide firework timed thing would be a great idea
Posted by: buckstown, January 17, 2021, 7:31pm; Reply: 7
Just be grateful and hope he doesn't come back
Posted by: moosey_club, January 17, 2021, 7:41pm; Reply: 8
Will celebrate when we have something worth celebrating, his legacy will remain for quite some time I think.
Once we have built a successful squad, stable position, stable off field and looking upwards in all aspects then the man and his effect will be gone.
Posted by: Croxton, January 17, 2021, 8:14pm; Reply: 9
Putting a more forward looking slant on it and signalling the role of the club in Grimsby's regeneration I thought about a peel of bells from the Minster. Not being a local I thought I'd better check St James' website and encountered this rather lovely and timely poem and video featuring the club at the heart of the community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVv47NyXEMw

Googling 'Ben Keaton' seems to say he is a Lincolnshire Actor. Sorry if this is old news but the date on the Minster FB page gives today's date.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 17, 2021, 8:26pm; Reply: 10
How about we celebrate once relegation is avoided.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 17, 2021, 9:21pm; Reply: 11
Yes.

The neighbours will be confused though. Fireworks 👍 bonfire to symbolically drive off the past - yes if the wife lets me.
Posted by: Spidey, January 17, 2021, 9:28pm; Reply: 12
I won't be setting off fireworks, don't want the local druggies knocking on my door ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 17, 2021, 9:43pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Spidey
I won't be setting off fireworks, don't want the local druggies knocking on my door ;)

I never knew that until today, when a mate mentioned it when we were both moaning about fireworks going off at 2 in the morning (we live too far apart for them to be the same ones).
Posted by: TAGG, January 17, 2021, 11:27pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from denni266
I think a town wide firework timed thing would be a great idea

I'm up for this
Posted by: Eastendmariner, January 18, 2021, 12:20am; Reply: 15
Relief more than anything in the hope he can't do any more damage to Town
Posted by: Iknowyoursecret, January 18, 2021, 12:32am; Reply: 16
I’m sure the mariners trust must have some Harry haddocks left from op why don’t they resell what they have left.Could be a nice bit of funds raised for the mariners trust.Simply put them in your home window
Posted by: Iknowyoursecret, January 18, 2021, 12:34am; Reply: 17
Or put Grimsby town flags in your window even get the kids to colour a flag
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 2:09am