Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 16, 2021, 8:21am
So, who on Earth do we want to win this one?!
Posted by: Hagrid, January 16, 2021, 8:27am; Reply: 1
Christ... can they both lose? I guess best case scenario a draw and we win?
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 16, 2021, 8:47am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Hagrid
Christ... can they both lose? I guess best case scenario a draw and we win?

I would be surprised if our game goes ahead.

Personally I’d go for a Scunny win, as I just don’t see them going down. I would imagine that Barrow have to be one of the two teams in our sights.

I’ll now go for a cold shower to rid me of my demons.......
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, January 16, 2021, 9:12am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Heisenberg

I would be surprised if our game goes ahead.

Personally I’d go for a Scunny win, as I just don’t see them going down. I would imagine that Barrow have to be one of the two teams in our sights.

I’ll now go for a cold shower to rid me of my demons.......

What makes you say that? Scunthorpe probably the worst side we've played all season, lost there best players and in the worst financial trouble out of anyone in the division.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 16, 2021, 9:40am; Reply: 4
Draw for me, we need as many sides dragged into the mire as possible and that’ll keep them both in touch.

I’ve a feeling a few more teams will be joining us for the party this month given we’re playing a lot of the sides around us. I’m looking at Harrogate in particular who are struggling after a good start and are about to have a huge backlog of fixtures to contend with.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 16, 2021, 9:44am; Reply: 5
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

What makes you say that? Scunthorpe probably the worst side we've played all season, lost there best players and in the worst financial trouble out of anyone in the division.

Well would we win at Walsall if we played them now? You know we wouldn’t, but they managed it. I just think they’ve got enough wins in them, although I hope I’m wrong.

And what’s this about financial problems? I thought Swann had written off his £20m?
Posted by: oochiad, January 16, 2021, 9:59am; Reply: 6
Draw
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, January 16, 2021, 10:41am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Heisenberg

Well would we win at Walsall if we played them now? You know we wouldn’t, but they managed it. I just think they’ve got enough wins in them, although I hope I’m wrong.

And what’s this about financial problems? I thought Swann had written off his £20m?

Not what i've seen from the RH interviews, apparently they're in massive financial trouble and have no money. I'm much more worried about Stevenage and Southend than I am Scunthorpe and Barrow.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, January 16, 2021, 10:49am; Reply: 8
  https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p092r7fn

Posted by: toontown, January 16, 2021, 10:50am; Reply: 9
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Not what i've seen from the RH interviews, apparently they're in massive financial trouble and have no money. I'm much more worried about Stevenage and Southend than I am Scunthorpe and Barrow.

Weren't they talking about needing to take out loans to see them through the season?
Posted by: thefish, January 16, 2021, 11:37am; Reply: 10
Barrow!
Posted by: RonMariner, January 16, 2021, 11:42am; Reply: 11
Maybe its wishful thinking, but Scunts look to be in a bad way and I fancy we might be able to overhaul them, especially if we get a couple of players in before next week match.

So I hope Barrow win this one.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 16, 2021, 11:46am; Reply: 12
Draw
That way two teams each drop 2 points.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 16, 2021, 12:19pm; Reply: 13
Scunny are shite, but they're consistently picking up wins here and there to keep them above the drop zone. I think that will probably continue.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 16, 2021, 12:22pm; Reply: 14
0 - 0 all being well
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, January 16, 2021, 12:29pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Scunny are shite, but they're consistently picking up wins here and there to keep them above the drop zone. I think that will probably continue.

Possibly but judging from the outside they look like one of the favorites with ourselves given the circumstances, but I expect us to recruit well and pull our way out. Barrow and Scunthorpe are the two i've tipped to go down
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 16, 2021, 5:11pm; Reply: 16
It’s 5:10pm and they’re still playing at Barrow.......
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 16, 2021, 5:36pm; Reply: 17
Not the result we wanted but lines next week up nicely I guess
Posted by: RonMariner, January 16, 2021, 5:39pm; Reply: 18
It gives us a chance of going above the Scunts next week if we beat them.  
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 16, 2021, 5:52pm; Reply: 19
Win next Saturday and it will be a massive boost and think will be on the road to safety........
Posted by: RonMariner, January 16, 2021, 5:56pm; Reply: 20
Junior Brown was sent off and so will miss the game.

Is he a big loss for them?
Posted by: RonMariner, January 16, 2021, 5:56pm; Reply: 21

Posted by: davmariner, January 16, 2021, 5:57pm; Reply: 22
They’ve got another young left back who is the first choice I think.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 16, 2021, 6:42pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from davmariner
They’ve got another young left back who is the first choice I think.

Even more Junior than Junior? How is that possible?!
Posted by: ginnywings, January 16, 2021, 6:52pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Won 1, lost 5 of their last 6 games. Hope they keep up that consistency.

Our game today was 23rd against 24th in the league table. The next game against Scunny is 23rd v 24th in the form table.

Heady stuff.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 16, 2021, 6:57pm; Reply: 25
Scunthorpe and ourselves will go down unless we can get some better players and they can stage a miracle.

Scunny is the only team I have seen who were worse than us, and that takes some doing.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 16, 2021, 7:08pm; Reply: 26
Scunthorpe and ourselves will go down unless we can get some better players and they can stage a miracle.

Scunny is the only team I have seen who were worse than us, and that takes some doing.

That’s not true though, is it? As hard as it is to believe, Barrow (marginally), Crawley (just) and Cheltenham (definitely) were worse than us. Oh, AND Scunny.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 16, 2021, 7:10pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from RonMariner

No he is not as good as Brown senior.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 16, 2021, 7:33pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Heisenberg

That’s not true though, is it? As hard as it is to believe, Barrow (marginally), Crawley (just) and Cheltenham (definitely) were worse than us. Oh, AND Scunny.

I obviously meant in the standard of play.  We did actually play quite well in both the Crawley and Cheltenham games and Orient away, but we have gone backwards big style since then.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 16, 2021, 7:35pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Win next Saturday and it will be a massive boost and think will be on the road to safety........

Some were saying that about today. :-/
Posted by: DB, January 16, 2021, 11:34pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Heisenberg

Southend were 5th in the 'form guide' but didn't look like an inform team. They huffed and puffed and put their game together for a few spells but you couldn't say an inform side. We weren't any better but weathered their storm, being 24th in the form guide.

Given the 'form' positions I would say we came out on top.

Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 17, 2021, 12:21am; Reply: 31

I obviously meant in the standard of play.  We did actually play quite well in both the Crawley and Cheltenham games and Orient away, but we have gone backwards big style since then.

First half against Orient we looked a good side, still conceded early, but after that we kept the ball well, two good goals and more than worth our lead. We’ve fallen off a cliff since.
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 2:10am