Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BlackAndWhiteAndRedAllOver, January 15, 2021, 9:24pm
Bit of a non statement for me but...

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/january/an-update-for-our-supporters
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 15, 2021, 9:27pm; Reply: 1

Bit awkward. It’s like going on a stag do with your ex-girlfriend’s fitness instructor
Posted by: It Bites, January 15, 2021, 9:29pm; Reply: 2
Suck it up ...... It's all to pally pally for me
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 15, 2021, 9:30pm; Reply: 3
Like the turtle neck over the face look....though it might be a scarf.😂😂
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 15, 2021, 9:32pm; Reply: 4
From the photos it looks like Philip Day’s mask is slipping...slipping real good
Posted by: davmariner, January 15, 2021, 9:33pm; Reply: 5
Glad it’s going well, thought it was nice to see everything is cordial and all is going to plan.
Posted by: Grimsbynewhope, January 15, 2021, 9:42pm; Reply: 6
Yeah looks very cheesy but sometimes the means justify the ends. Will be relived when it’s finally over and done
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 15, 2021, 9:45pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Grimsbynewhope
Yeah looks very cheesy but sometimes the means justify the ends. Will be relived when it’s finally over and done

Won't we all..
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 15, 2021, 9:46pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from davmariner
Glad it’s going well, thought it was nice to see everything is cordial and all is going to plan.

I’m not suggesting it isn’t cordial. But I don’t know how you are getting ‘cordial’ from those photos. I mean, Saddam’s 1990 hostage video series ‘looked’ cordial.

The signs are that S.S.P are savvy enough to realise that scrapping in a pub car park with your manager, deconstructing flags held by a child and rummaging around a woman’s maxi briefs for tampons isn’t a good look PR wise. Who knew?
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, January 15, 2021, 9:46pm; Reply: 9
Wonder if they told the consortium why they always release statements at weird times
Posted by: aldi_01, January 15, 2021, 9:48pm; Reply: 10
Surely Fenty should be wearing a balaclava?
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 15, 2021, 9:49pm; Reply: 11
Wonder if they told the consortium why they always release statements at weird times

Fenty’s big down under so the timings make sense
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 15, 2021, 9:53pm; Reply: 12
I think it’s good for the town faithful to be kept ‘in the loop’
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, January 15, 2021, 9:55pm; Reply: 13
I really wanna know who said "OK now lets get the same photo but with no masks, just stand 3 inches further apart"
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 15, 2021, 10:00pm; Reply: 14

I think these f*****rs are worlds apart.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 15, 2021, 10:07pm; Reply: 15
Good to have a positive update, hopefully will be done and dusted in next 3-4 weeks

Wonder if fenty showed them the season ticket ledger? Bet they would've been impressed
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 15, 2021, 10:08pm; Reply: 16
I really wanna know who said "OK now lets get the same photo but with no masks, just stand 3 inches further apart"

If Day and Fenty are involved...karma?

They’ll both be anti-maskers (allegedly)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 15, 2021, 10:16pm; Reply: 17
One for the Kremlinologists: what is the significance of who stands where on the whole group photo?
Posted by: forza ivano, January 15, 2021, 10:26pm; Reply: 18

Maybe our media person only does the gtfc work in the evening? Another triumph of fentys money saving schemes?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 15, 2021, 10:29pm; Reply: 19
It appears that, as of earlier today, we haven't managed to totally intercourse this up. Which is nice.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 15, 2021, 10:29pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from forza ivano

Maybe our media person only does the gtfc work in the evening? Another triumph of fentys money saving schemes?

Well he has got a business empire to run, role as a councillor, plus ground maintenance duties, so it’s well into the evening before he can start tapping away at the keyboard.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 15, 2021, 11:08pm; Reply: 21
Training facilities at Oasis Wintringham?
Posted by: RonMariner, January 15, 2021, 11:18pm; Reply: 22
Good to see.

Hopefully the formalities will be completed soon and we can look forward to a new era.

I am optimistic. Even if we don't manage to stay up this season, I still think we have a very bright future to look forward too.
Posted by: livvo, January 15, 2021, 11:47pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Heisenberg
Training facilities at Oasis Wintringham?

Pretty sure the academy train there, seen them when my daughter was doing gymnastics
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 16, 2021, 2:37am; Reply: 24
Mark Palmer who was representing Tom Shutes on Friday is a football management consultant. He over views and assess club structures and roadmaps how to take a club forward. Looks at everything from the football side through to academy, first team, commercial, hospitality, and match day experience for the fans. Increasing existing revenue streams. Opening up new innovative streams of revenue. Helps negotiate the deal between club and buyer. Road maps the transition of ownership. Palmer has worked with clubs in the top 5 tiers of the English game from the Premier League, through to the National League.

Some info here >> https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-palmer-634b97b3/ / https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/football-consultant-brought-help-yeovil-636572
Posted by: Meza, January 16, 2021, 8:03am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Mark Palmer who was representing Tom Shutes on Friday is a football management consultant. He over views and assess club structures and roadmaps how to take a club forward. Looks at everything from the football side through to academy, first team, commercial, hospitality, and match day experience for the fans. Increasing existing revenue streams. Opening up new innovative streams of revenue. Helps negotiate the deal between club and buyer. Road maps the transition of ownership. Palmer has worked with clubs in the top 5 tiers of the English game from the Premier League, through to the National League.

Some info here >> https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-palmer-634b97b3/ / https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/football-consultant-brought-help-yeovil-636572

found these as well Nelly,   looks like he helps out improving things on-off pitch.  Has been involved at Wycombe and Yeovil and a few other non league clubs.

[url]https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2019/july/rob-couhig-and-mark-palmer-to-meet-trust-members/[/url]

[url]https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/football-consultant-brought-help-yeovil-636572[/url]
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 16, 2021, 8:30am; Reply: 26
Quoted from davmariner

Yeah, it's amazing how cordial Fenty can suddenly be when £2,475,000 is coming his way.
Posted by: wekeepdreaming, January 16, 2021, 10:14am; Reply: 27
Oasis School is where the Academy trains and plays the home games. My lad plays for the academy

Let’s hope we stay in the league for a number of reasons but one of those is if we drop out the league we lose the funding which goes towards the academy

UTM
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 16, 2021, 10:59am; Reply: 28
At last, a football expert at the club.

What is a matchday experience for the fans, though?
Posted by: mimma, January 16, 2021, 11:33am; Reply: 29
Bet he was impressed with the overall structure of the club and the "matchday experience".  😆
Posted by: forza ivano, January 16, 2021, 1:56pm; Reply: 30

some views from Yeovil fans on Facebook Ciderspace group

Morning chaps. Mark Palmer of Insight63 is involved as a consultant with the new investors who are hopefully taking over at Grimsby. i see that he had some input into your club 3 or 4 years ago. Have you got any info or views?
8 Comments
Comments

George Lector
Difficult to say as the investors he dealt with withdrew after due diligence. Don’t think he did anything wrong but I’m not aware much was achieved. Talks a good game, certainly.

· 3h

Louis Purchase
Pray that he doesn’t find a way of getting his mate Neale Marmon into the managers job.
From the outside he added little value to YTFC and you could argue his name could be on the list of people who contributed to us getting relegated out of the football league (albeit nowhere near the top of that list).

· 3h

Scott Quayle
Did he not bring couhig to our club? Who has since gone on to take over Wycombe.

· 3h

Jamie Jacobs
Neale Marmon . . .what was that all about? Wasn't he a PE teacher?

· 2h

Colin Redman
He negotiated an option for himself as part of the proposed deal, whereby if the deal had gone through, he would have become the Chief Executive of #ytfc. Don't know him or his skill base but it was quite a surprise to the fans that he could have been in day-to-day charge of the whole club.

· 2h

Spalders Somerset
Put the phone down quickly and put emails onto out of office.

· 2h · Edited

Phil Park
Neale Marmon as next Grimsby Manager! I’m off to Skybet. Good luck if that clown is anywhere near your team.

· 2h

Kevin Redman
Lets be honest he was around the club on 2 occasions and spent significant time and could see any positives didn't land any deal and oversaw a period where very strange business decisions were be taken which saw YTFC drop out of League football, so not sure this is a glowing endorsement of Insight63.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 16, 2021, 1:57pm; Reply: 31
Can you summarise Forza as you need to join the group to view?
Posted by: forza ivano, January 16, 2021, 2:03pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Can you summarise Forza as you need to join the group to view?

hope that's better Rodders
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 16, 2021, 2:06pm; Reply: 33
Cheers Forza.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 3, 2021, 8:45pm; Reply: 34
https://twitter.com/DN35GTFC/status/1357064327556120576?s=19
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, February 3, 2021, 9:04pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Asda?

We do our champagne procurement on the pitch
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 3, 2021, 9:14pm; Reply: 36
https://twitter.com/TVFTL/status/1357071992290164745?s=19

Generally I pretty reliable as source this one!!..
Posted by: forza ivano, February 3, 2021, 10:48pm; Reply: 37
fingers crossed - better get myself a rather nice bottle of red this weekend!
Posted by: ginnywings, February 3, 2021, 10:48pm; Reply: 38
Good news. Just a pity after waiting all these years for it to happen, we are sweating on our league status. Never a smooth ride at GTFC.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, February 3, 2021, 11:09pm; Reply: 39
Just hope so
Posted by: forza ivano, February 3, 2021, 11:29pm; Reply: 40
2 chums who are far more in the know than I, saying theyve been told the same thing.looking hopeful.....
Posted by: GYinScuntland, February 4, 2021, 2:02am; Reply: 41
Give it a fortnight and they'll be backing out because of a couple of lairy fcukers on The Fishy and in other news we enter year 4 of lockdown because three sods were spotted maskless down Meggies.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 4, 2021, 3:05am; Reply: 42
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Give it a fortnight and they'll be backing out because of a couple of lairy fcukers on The Fishy and in other news we enter year 4 of lockdown because three sods were spotted maskless down Meggies.

It must be a laugh a minute joy in your world. How do you keep your  feet on the ground?!
Posted by: Davec, February 4, 2021, 7:13am; Reply: 43
So when they say within the week do they mean this week bearing in mind it is now Thursday, or do they mean within the next 7 day period
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 4, 2021, 7:15am; Reply: 44
Quoted from Davec
So when they say within the week do they mean this week bearing in mind it is now Thursday, or do they mean within the next 7 day period

Within the next 7 days I'm lead to believe...🤞🤞🤞
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 4, 2021, 8:56am; Reply: 45
Let’s all look forward to good news on and off the pitch then

And maybe getting our first win at Newport on Saturday

UTM
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 4, 2021, 8:57am; Reply: 46
This is great news and well overdue, about 15 years really.

I just hope expectations are kept realistic.  Especially for the remainder of the season.  We are were we are now and there's nothing else anyone can do in terms of what's in the building.  Hurst has got his squad, regardless if he wanted it different or not.  With the exception of bringing in a couple of free agents, this is it.  If we're to stay up then it will be this group of players that achieve it.

Equally so off the field I don't expect to see instant changes overnight.  There's going to be a bedding in period where the new owners find their feet and want to understand the workings of the club.  Palmer has experience of running a football club fresh from a takeover and I fully expect he'll be put to task immediately to understand what needs doing, what should be done and what could be done, prioritised in that order.  Stockwood is about giving trust in the people who work in a business, it's only right that the current staff are giving a chance to adapt to changes and impress accordingly.   I don't think we will see mass changes straight away.

We can all identify things that we want to see changed at this club and some things are definitely more pressing than others, both in terms of the playing set-up and the business aspect of the club. But let's give these guys the time to do it properly.  There's a reason they're highly successful, it's because they know what they're doing.  

Positive times and I feel like I've got a bit of my GTFC mojo back this week.
Posted by: youaremygrimsby, February 4, 2021, 9:37am; Reply: 47
The rumours are positive, no doubt! It will be nice to have some fresh blood running from the top.

Expectation should be kept to a level where people realise we are in still in danger of relegation. And I say this because there is nothing this new board can do from this point into the season. There are no more transfer windows and we have the right man at the helm. Just be there and support him.

Where we end up is where we end up come end of the season. The table never lies. The question is was the damage done in the summer too much? We will find out!

What i do expect from the new board is the following:
1) Do we have a plan if we get relegated?
2) Do we have a plan if we survive?

If the answer to the above is yes, then that's so much more than what we have had to endure the last 15+years!

Can you imagine, Grimsby Town Football Club with a purpose?!
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, February 4, 2021, 9:45am; Reply: 48
The most important question I want answering is:

What's their fishy username gonna be so I can look out for them pointing out where we need to get our facts right.  ;)
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 4, 2021, 9:51am; Reply: 49
I will be a lot more optimistic with these in charge if we was to get relegated.

With Fenty, would we of ever returned? i honestly don't think so.

But these 3 have future plans, and i'm sure if we go down, we will be backed with a good manager and a good board to come back
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, February 4, 2021, 10:22am; Reply: 50
So will we be in the new trawler shaped stadium by the start of next season and have a new state of the art training facility at Barnoldby before pre season?

Come on you three, sort it!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 4, 2021, 10:51am; Reply: 51
It’s just such a shame we can’t have fans in at the minute. The atmosphere would be cracking.
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 4, 2021, 10:59am; Reply: 52
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
I will be a lot more optimistic with these in charge if we was to get relegated.

But these 3 have future plans, and i'm sure if we go down, we will be backed with a good manager and a good board to come back

I think we would have gone under next season if relegated and Fenty still here. I think season ticket sales would be pathetic and I certainly wouldn’t be setting foot in BP.

However, if the new guys can give us some sort of optimism we could see bumper crowds back home and away. Including me.

But we also need to accept that that league is a very tough one to get out of.

Wrexham seem to have had footballing fortune and my Welsh mate has high hopes for next year as well.

So I’m not expecting miracles. Just progress !!
Posted by: DB, February 4, 2021, 1:41pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Please tell me Jarmo. I've been asking for weeks and now you know. Spill the info
Posted by: Honestjhonsbankbalance, February 4, 2021, 2:43pm; Reply: 54
7 to 8000 gates next year for the promotion push out of division 4, up the town  8) 8) 8)
Posted by: forza ivano, February 4, 2021, 2:50pm; Reply: 55
Update; could be happening a lot sooner than 7 days if everything goes to plan, is what i'm hearing
Posted by: Heisenberg, February 4, 2021, 2:51pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from headingly_mariner
It’s just such a shame we can’t have fans in at the minute. The atmosphere would be cracking.

I take it you are joking?!! It’s great we’ll be steered in another direction by these guys, but we are currently in the most dire relegation trouble that I can ever remember.
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 4, 2021, 3:01pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from DB

Please tell me Jarmo. I've been asking for weeks and now you know. Spill the info

This is from 'About the team' at SimplyBusiness where Stockwood is currently Vice Chair.

Quoted Text
Responsible for developing Simply Business, Jason sets the challenge for defying the insurance company stereotype. From technology and data science to customer experience and people engagement, Jason has spearheaded our mission to create something better.

Jason joined Simply Business from global dating website match.com, where he was International Managing Director. He’s also spent time as Managing Director at Travelocity Business, and held roles at Trailfinders, lastminute.com, Skyscanner and The Drinkaware Trust.

In 2016, Jason won overall Best Leader at the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For awards, completing our Best Companies hat-trick. We’d already picked up the Best Company to Work For award, two years running.

I'll repeat one bit there for you
Quoted Text
Jason has spearheaded our mission to create something better.

Again,
Quoted Text
create something better.

That's enough for me, for now.

The ink isn't dried on the documents yet.  Yes, we all want to see the club moving forward but give them chance to actually get in the door before sharing their business plan for the next five years.

Stockwood and his friends are legitimate and successful business people.  They've got their excrement together and know what they're doing.  They're not foolish enough to come in with silly promises to whip up an instant frenzy.

We've 15 odd years of absolute shite from Fenty and his cronies, during which the only remote hint at a plan was Day stupidly saying we would be in the Championship in however many years, it must be mathematically impossible to achieve that now.   If we can wait 15 years for nothing from the outgoing regime, let's at least give the new one more than 15 minutes.
Posted by: RichMariner, February 4, 2021, 3:04pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
The most important question I want answering is:

What's their fishy username gonna be so I can look out for them pointing out where we need to get our facts right.  ;)

I loved his username; so passive aggressive and typically Fenty.

And there's no such thing as a wrong fact. If it's wrong, it can't be a fact.

At least we'll be run by people who use their real names and real faces on social media.
Posted by: DB, February 4, 2021, 4:29pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from diehardmariner

This is from 'About the team' at SimplyBusiness where Stockwood is currently Vice Chair.

I'll repeat one bit there for you

Again, [b][/b]

That's enough for me, for now.

The ink isn't dried on the documents yet.  Yes, we all want to see the club moving forward but give them chance to actually get in the door before sharing their business plan for the next five years.

Stockwood and his friends are legitimate and successful business people.  They've got their excrement together and know what they're doing.  They're not foolish enough to come in with silly promises to whip up an instant frenzy.

We've 15 odd years of absolute shite from Fenty and his cronies, during which the only remote hint at a plan was Day stupidly saying we would be in the Championship in however many years, it must be mathematically impossible to achieve that now.   If we can wait 15 years for nothing from the outgoing regime, let's at least give the new one more than 15 minutes.

Stop losing you patience with me Diehard. I asked a question on a post from Jarmo as I was under the impression from his post that he knew something nobody else did. His posting was similar to that of yesterdays post about the take over happening in the next few days.

I have NEVER questioned the resources or business acumen of the consortium members, so why are you making out I did. Find one post where I have praised Fenty, so why imply I am a Fenty sympathiser.

You quote :- Responsible for developing Simply Business, Jason sets the challenge for defying the insurance company stereotype. From technology and data science to customer experience and people engagement, Jason has spearheaded our mission to create something better..

Is 'something better' for Simply Business, for another joint enterprise they have, for their GT project or something else.

Jarmo said But these 3 have future plans
, so my simple question is What are the plans?
It's a very fair question to ask given the statement from Jarmo. So you ask Jarmo the same question, he's the one making the statements.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, February 4, 2021, 6:15pm; Reply: 60
I recon forza knows stuff
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 4, 2021, 8:21pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Heisenberg

I take it you are joking?!! It’s great we’ll be steered in another direction by these guys, but we are currently in the most dire relegation trouble that I can ever remember.

I am a veteran of quite a few relegation battles now and the atmosphere is usually good with a new manager, some new signings, the importance of it and add new owners it would be packed and noisy.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, February 4, 2021, 11:20pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It must be a laugh a minute joy in your world. How do you keep your  feet on the ground?!

A ball and chain of reality helps.
Posted by: realist, February 5, 2021, 6:12am; Reply: 63
Usually potential new owners let interested parties know what their plans are, what they hope to change to achieve this etc. This bunch have shared nothing. I am not sure what their motives are.
Posted by: thefish, February 5, 2021, 6:56am; Reply: 64
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I am a veteran of quite a few relegation battles now and the atmosphere is usually good with a new manager, some new signings, the importance of it and add new owners it would be packed and noisy.

And sadly as a town fan, you don’t have to be very old to be a veteran of a few relegation battles!
Posted by: mariner91, February 5, 2021, 6:59am; Reply: 65
Quoted from realist
Usually potential new owners let interested parties know what their plans are, what they hope to change to achieve this etc. This bunch have shared nothing. I am not sure what their motives are.

Shared nothing except their vision for a new stadium on the docks and their vision for regenerating that part of town.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 5, 2021, 7:23am; Reply: 66
Quoted from realist

Perhaps it’s there intention to let the team do the talking for them I can’t recall any other chairman/ non chairman spouting off so much as mr let you down badly mr fenty
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 5, 2021, 8:33am; Reply: 67
Quoted from DB

Stop losing you patience with me Diehard. I asked a question on a post from Jarmo as I was under the impression from his post that he knew something nobody else did. His posting was similar to that of yesterdays post about the take over happening in the next few days.

I have NEVER questioned the resources or business acumen of the consortium members, so why are you making out I did. Find one post where I have praised Fenty, so why imply I am a Fenty sympathiser.

You quote :- Responsible for developing Simply Business, Jason sets the challenge for defying the insurance company stereotype. From technology and data science to customer experience and people engagement, Jason has spearheaded our mission to create something better..

Is 'something better' for Simply Business, for another joint enterprise they have, for their GT project or something else.

It's a very fair question to ask given the statement from Jarmo. So you ask Jarmo the same question, he's the one making the statements.

I mean, why else would 3 wealthy businessmen, with local connections, want to take over?

It's public knowledge that they have plans for the club, and the town as well.

I come out with one rumour about the defender signing, which eventually come off (Meyenese), slightly delayed albeit.

I don't claim to have any inside knowledge at all, other than knowing someone who is known by majority at the club, but isn't directly involved in the club, other than being a fan.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), February 5, 2021, 8:36am; Reply: 68
Quoted from realist

Let's wait until there's something at least resembling a corpse before we start a post-mortem.

Wait and see, like the rest of us!
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 5, 2021, 8:43am; Reply: 69
They need to take the helm before making more detailed plans.  
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, February 5, 2021, 8:59am; Reply: 70
We don’t need to know their plans as they’ve already been written by members of The Fishy and Fans on Twitter. They are certain to do absolutely everything you’ve all said they should do.

It’s going to be Brexit-like sunlit uplands
Posted by: ginnywings, February 5, 2021, 12:04pm; Reply: 71
They aren't the current board, which is more than enough for me for now.

It's not going to be difficult for them to make a better fist of it than JF and his not so merry men.
Posted by: malkamalka, February 5, 2021, 12:17pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
They need to take the helm before making more detailed plans.  

Agreed.

They did say that they would not be commenting further until the Takeover was complete.

Speculation and innuendo does no good in the circumstances. Let's just wait till they make that announcement. Then we can harrass them for their detailed plans!

Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, February 5, 2021, 12:20pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
We don’t need to know their plans as they’ve already been written by members of The Fishy and Fans on Twitter. They are certain to do absolutely everything you’ve all said they should do.

It’s going to be Brexit-like sunlit uplands

It's not going to be like Brexit at all. We have had no promises made to us by the consortium, they aren't peddling some sort of small minded vision of our past that we should return to and they aren't suggesting that our problems are all because of an external factor. And their leaders don't appear to be untrustworthy lying tw*ts.

What they've offered us is change from the incompetent, penny pinching, backward looking 'leadership' that we currently have. And we're buying it!
Posted by: chrissy, February 5, 2021, 12:24pm; Reply: 74

It's not going to be like Brexit at all. We have had no promises made to us by the consortium, they aren't peddling some sort of small minded vision of our past that we should return to and they aren't suggesting that our problems are all because of an external factor. And their leaders don't appear to be untrustworthy lying tw*ts.

What they've offered us is change from the incompetent, penny pinching, backward looking 'leadership' that we currently have. And we're buying it!

That have not even said we will be in the championship in five years.
Posted by: realist, February 5, 2021, 1:09pm; Reply: 75
We could have change, to a worse ownership. What if their only interest is to aid their regeneration money making? All we know about them is that they contain tyre kickers, family butchers, and a guy who peddles positivity. Do they know anything about owning a football team, I fear not?
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, February 5, 2021, 1:11pm; Reply: 76

And just for good measure - I dearly hope that after only a month of their regime we won't all be seeing their lies come falling round their ears as the extent of the disaster becomes apparent, even more quickly than the most rabid detractors had feared.

I suspect that all three of them have read all the documents as well.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, February 5, 2021, 1:13pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from realist
We could have change, to a worse ownership. What if their only interest is to aid their regeneration money making? All we know about them is that they contain tyre kickers, family butchers, and a guy who peddles positivity. Do they know anything about owning a football team, I fear not?

That is possible. Still preferable to man who knows a great deal about running a football club into the ground and consorts with convicted fraudsters.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 5, 2021, 1:15pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from realist

They are all very successful business men, GTFC is a business...end of!..
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 1:18pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I mean, why else would 3 wealthy businessmen, with local connections, want to take over?

It's public knowledge that they have plans for the club, and the town as well.

I come out with one rumour about the defender signing, which eventually come off (Meyenese), slightly delayed albeit.

I don't claim to have any inside knowledge at all, other than knowing someone who is known by majority at the club, but isn't directly involved in the club, other than being a fan.

Jarmo you made the statement not me. If it's rumour say it's a rumour.

The only reason I can think of as to why 3 wealthy business want to invest in anything is a return on money.

You then make another statement :-

It's public knowledge that they have plans for the club, and the town as well

The ONLY thing they have made public is :-

They wish to buy Fent'y shares and pay off his loans.
Their preference for a new stadium is the docks

So what are the other plans YOU say are in the public domain? Have they applied for planning permission for any development?

At the end of the day you are the one making statements of what WILL happen as if the information is based on facts. If your info is not fact based then say so, If it's an opinion say so, if it's a rumour say so. Stop misleading fans and building up hopes.

And here's a scoop for you. A majority of people on the site are, like you, aware of me so If I win £100millions on the lottery I will buy Town. That is a statement and is as ambiguous as your falso info.

Posted by: Cricklewoodmariner, February 5, 2021, 1:22pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from realist

[img]https://media1.tenor.com/images/3d1a9bf37c30ac6cc9f34f80c4f00802/tenor.gif?itemid=4474547[/img]
Posted by: marinerjase, February 5, 2021, 1:31pm; Reply: 81
The mindset of a few on here is bewildering...

The failure to acknowledge, understand, comprehend that the actions of the current owner and board have run the club into the ground, driven it backwards, in and off the pitch whilst on the way soured reputation of club together with relationship with fans, media and other clubs like n general.

I for one can’t wait until they go - not just JF but those around him.

The consortium might have ambitions, motives in and around the town - in a positive way - who knows? They might have ambitions of getting this once heralded small club on the East coast back on its feet , and recognised again - in a positive way, they might end up disappointing- who knows??

But one thing they are is very much needed.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, February 5, 2021, 1:33pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from realist

Do John Fenty, Philip Day and Stephen Marley know anything about running a football club? I KNOW not!
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 1:34pm; Reply: 83

They are all very successful business men, GTFC is a business...end of!..

I haven't read where somebody has said anything different about them so what's your point. GTFC is a business and in most takeovers somebody says something about what they want/intend to do. At present the term 3 brass monkeys come to mind!

Posted by: RichMariner, February 5, 2021, 1:36pm; Reply: 84
Even if you don't see what they're promising to do with the club, all you have to do is look at their history and track records.

You'll find they are mostly, if not entirely, successful businessmen who believe in the power of people and communities.

You don't have to dig far to find that these are decent people with decent values.

That's enough for me. Big plans or no plans, this consortium is far more open and ethical than our current board.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, February 5, 2021, 1:37pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from DB

I haven't read where somebody has said anything different about them so what's your point. GTFC is a business and in most takeovers somebody says something about what they want/intend to do. At present the term 3 brass monkeys come to mind!

I'd check posts above by Realist who questions whether Shutes, Stockwood and Pettit know anything out running a football club.
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 1:42pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from RichMariner
Even if you don't see what they're promising to do with the club, all you have to do is look at their history and track records.

You'll find they are mostly, if not entirely, successful businessmen who believe in the power of people and communities.

You don't have to dig far to find that these are decent people with decent values.

That's enough for me. Big plans or no plans, this consortium is far more open and ethical than our current board.

I appreciate your rose coloured glasses but apart from wanting to buy Fenty out and a preference for a docks stadium (made months ago) what else have they been open bout?

Posted by: Sandford1981, February 5, 2021, 1:45pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from DB

...Stop misleading fans and building up hopes.

Jarmo isn’t building up our hopes up DB it’s the fact the consortium is willing to do the 2 things you’ve listed.
Being without the so called fan Fenty is enough to get most of us excited. Even if we stood still we’d be better off than with him. I’ve heard it said these guys cud be worse. How? We’re heading to the abyss AGAIN through the consistent and abject failure achieved under fenty’s watch.
I’ve said it before but I’ll repeat it, they give us hope and optimism rather than the shite we’ve been accustomed to. That’s enough for me right now.

Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 1:45pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

I'd check posts above by Realist who questions whether Shutes, Stockwood and Pettit know anything out running a football club.

I believe my post was timed earlier.

Posted by: MarshMariner, February 5, 2021, 1:47pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from DB

I would have thought it would be unprofessional and bad business etiquette to say what you are going to do with someone's else is business before you actually own it... ::)
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 1:49pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from Sandford1981

Jarmo isn’t building up our hopes up DB it’s the fact the consortium is willing to do the 2 things you’ve listed.
Being without the so called fan Fenty is enough to get most of us excited. Even if we stood still we’d be better off than with him. I’ve heard it said these guys cud be worse. How? We’re heading to the abyss AGAIN through the consistent and abject failure achieved under fenty’s watch.
I’ve said it before but I’ll repeat it, they give us hope and optimism rather than the shite we’ve been accustomed to. That’s enough for me right now.

I agree with you I'm all for hope and optimism. I just hope that when the takeover announcement is confirmed we are told what we can look forward to. I'm not keen on being a mushroom.
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, February 5, 2021, 2:04pm; Reply: 91
Cannot believe some of the negativity on here about the takeover

At least when I was getting pelters, I was only asking some genuine questions about the takeover, like a devils advocate so to speak. Questions I look forward to getting the answers to once the takeover is completed, assuming it will of course.

Come on negatives, ack it in. Fingers crossed that the deal goes through, that there’s a smooth transition, and that fortunes on the pitch start looking brighter soon
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 5, 2021, 2:09pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from DB

Jarmo you made the statement not me. If it's rumour say it's a rumour.

The only reason I can think of as to why 3 wealthy business want to invest in anything is a return on money.

You then make another statement :-

It's public knowledge that they have plans for the club, and the town as well

So what are the other plans YOU say are in the public domain? Have they applied for planning permission for any development?

At the end of the day you are the one making statements of what WILL happen as if the information is based on facts. If your info is not fact based then say so, If it's an opinion say so, if it's a rumour say so. Stop misleading fans and building up hopes.

And here's a scoop for you. A majority of people on the site are, like you, aware of me so If I win £100millions on the lottery I will buy Town. That is a statement and is as ambiguous as your falso info.

It's hardly a statement that i've made....

Just simply said i would be more optimistic with the new guys in charge than Fenty & co.

Hardly here to pretend to have knowledge, and give out false hopes.
If i wanted to give out false hopes, and pretend to have any knowledge, i would of said; the future plans they have are great for the club etc etc...

Our current owner single handedly tore one our of best teams apart within weeks of our best day for many many years.

I think it's obvious why so many are optimistic...
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 2:20pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from MarshMariner

I would have thought it would be unprofessional and bad business etiquette to say what you are going to do with someone's else is business before you actually own it... ::)

I didn't know the word etiquette was used in business anymore. Anyhow I like most on this site are under the firm Impression that GTFC LTD has been run into the ground. Any assets from 16 years ago have been severely stripped along with the failure to invest in the business model.

Whilst the name has remained the business has underperformed on a grand scale from its heyday. Thankfully fans and those who privately invested and became shareholders have helped the business to survive the depths of NL.  I could go on. ( Yes shareholders I have praised you and deservedly so)

I cannot see anything unprofessional in saying that we've come to the rescue and wish to  do ABC - XYZ or whatever.
Posted by: MarinerMal, February 5, 2021, 2:20pm; Reply: 94
I  knew, Jason Stockwood from school years ago. I was in the year above him and used to hang around with this brother and stayed at their house on occasion as we were growing up in the early to mid 80's. He and his brothers were brought by his mother as a single parent who obviously did a great job of bringing them up.

From what I remember of him, he was always a bundle of energy, always on the move and always seem to have a smile on his face. He was good at sports and a pretty decent footballer too.

I guess, what I am trying to say is I think he will only have the clubs best interest at heart and won't shy away from the hard work that will be needed to get the club were it needs to be to be competitive again. He is a local lad who has got to were he has through hard work and positivity. Two things the club desperately need.

You can never be sure what the future holds but I believe, if my memory of Jason is correct (and he became the man the 13/14 year boy promised to be), we will be in much better hands than we have been for the last 15 years or so.
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 2:23pm; Reply: 95
It good to here about his Grimsby background and the 'boys' done well, very well. I sincerely hope he carries on in the same vein for the mariners.
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 5, 2021, 2:25pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from DB

No loss of patience from me. I was merely asking for patience towards the expectation of the new owners, especially considering how long the current regime have plodded along with limited scrutiny.

No insinuation that you're questioning their acumen, resources nor am I suggesting you're either pro/anti-Fenty.  

My comments were highlighting the work that Stockwood has done previously and his business ethics.  There's no reason to believe this won't be carried on with GTFC.  

At this stage I don't personally feel anyone would benefit from a meaningless statement of their intent for the club.  There may well be a time and a place for that, but it's not now.  The focus of the club should be on survival this season and then a full review of the current state of play before deciding on any short and long term plans.
Posted by: Sandford1981, February 5, 2021, 2:25pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from DB

I agree with you I'm all for hope and optimism. I just hope that when the takeover announcement is confirmed we are told what we can look forward to. I'm not keen on being a mushroom.

Yeah a fair point. I think we’ve all had enough of being kept in the dark and fed on Shiite . My hope is that the prospective news owners under promise and over deliver.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 5, 2021, 2:38pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from DB

Oh p!ss off DB, you are trying to be controversial for controversial sake!..realist had a dig about 3 men, who are willing to buy this sh!tshow of a club.
Right at the outset of saying Head of Terns had been agreed all parties agreed no further statements would be issued until the transaction of burning Fentys shares and paying back his debts were concluded. That's pretty much where we are, so take a back seat and wait, we will all find out what SS&P have planned for the club in due course.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), February 5, 2021, 3:16pm; Reply: 99
I hope these 3 guys don't join the Fishy, but if they do, I also hope they are thick skinned enough to read between the lines..
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, February 5, 2021, 3:22pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from DB

I didn't know the word etiquette was used in business anymore. Anyhow I like most on this site are under the firm Impression that GTFC LTD has been run into the ground. Any assets from 16 years ago have been severely stripped along with the failure to invest in the business model.

Whilst the name has remained the business has underperformed on a grand scale from its heyday. Thankfully fans and those who privately invested and became shareholders have helped the business to survive the depths of NL.  I could go on. ( Yes shareholders I have praised you and deservedly so)

I cannot see anything unprofessional in saying that we've come to the rescue and wish to  do ABC - XYZ or whatever.

You really are a first grade tosspot aren't you, there's thing such as NDA's etc. They've not laid out plans because they have respect for us as fans and the current board and don't go round shouting nonsense for nonsense sakes like you. We aren't entitled to know what they want to do with it as they haven't even got control of the club yet. First bit of positivity around the club in years and people like you want to start questioning every single aspect. They're successful for a reason, they don't sit around trying to be edgy like you, they get the job done and to a high level due to previous experiences. I for one have met and know Jason and he is a footballing man, he loves the club and has attended Blundell Park long before he was even involved in being an owner, he doesn't just spout around about being a custodian. He will do right by this football club because it's in his blood just like you and me. May not have a clue about running a football club but if you look at his previous work, not one of the companies are in the same industry, because it doesn't matter what industry you are in the job title stays the same. Long to a better future under Schutes, Stockwood and Petit.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, February 5, 2021, 3:29pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from DB

Anyhow I like most on this site are under the firm Impression that GTFC LTD has been run into the ground

Plc

It was just our Boards’ skills that were limited
Posted by: realist, February 5, 2021, 3:45pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

You really are a first grade tosspot aren't you, there's thing such as NDA's etc. They've not laid out plans because they have respect for us as fans and the current board and don't go round shouting nonsense for nonsense sakes like you. We aren't entitled to know what they want to do with it as they haven't even got control of the club yet. First bit of positivity around the club in years and people like you want to start questioning every single aspect. They're successful for a reason, they don't sit around trying to be edgy like you, they get the job done and to a high level due to previous experiences. I for one have met and know Jason and he is a footballing man, he loves the club and has attended Blundell Park long before he was even involved in being an owner, he doesn't just spout around about being a custodian. He will do right by this football club because it's in his blood just like you and me. May not have a clue about running a football club but if you look at his previous work, not one of the companies are in the same industry, because it doesn't matter what industry you are in the job title stays the same. Long to a better future under Schutes, Stockwood and Petit.

I think you are a bigger tosspot. verything you have argued in their favour is pure conjecture or wrong. Respect for fans? rubbish. He is a fan of the club - so am I but I know nothing about running a football club. Getting the job done? So they sat around doing nothing after Fenty snubbed them and it was only the reaction of the fans/trust that got them bag negotiation. Hardly a pro active business team
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 3:52pm; Reply: 103

Oh p!ss off DB, you are trying to be controversial for controversial sake!..realist had a dig about 3 men, who are willing to buy this sh!tshow of a club.
Right at the outset of saying Head of Terns had been agreed all parties agreed no further statements would be issued until the transaction of burning Fentys shares and paying back his debts were concluded. That's pretty much where we are, so take a back seat and wait, we will all find out what SS&P have planned for the club in due course.

Why don't you f off under the turd you crept from under. Realise in business nothing is certain until :-

Money changes hands, law of contract. Promise what you like but until paid in FULL it's not yours.
i's dotted and ts crossed
and eventually 'the fat lady sings'

Posted by: forza ivano, February 5, 2021, 4:03pm; Reply: 104
Quoted from realist

I think you are a bigger tosspot. verything you have argued in their favour is pure conjecture or wrong. Respect for fans? rubbish. He is a fan of the club - so am I but I know nothing about running a football club. Getting the job done? So they sat around doing nothing after Fenty snubbed them and it was only the reaction of the fans/trust that got them bag negotiation. Hardly a pro active business team

wrong I'm afraid. Think you will find, in the fullness of time, that the Trust had very little to do with it. At best they have been used by various parties as an 'honest broker' or perhaps ,if one were being a little more cynical, as a smokescreen to cover various parties moves
You should also remember that the initial revelations about May's involvement, which came out via Lloyd Griffiths' twitter account, was heavily engineered. i am still intrigued as to who tipped off the media, who in turn channeled it through Lloyd.
It is also worth pointing out that it would be very difficult, and probably counter productive, for them to have done anything publicly after Fenty had given them the middle finger so publicly.
The timeline also makes you wrong. The furore was triggered on Saturday 12 December and just 10 days later Holloway was resigning, saying that the club was be sold (5-6 working days). i suggest that the speed of events supports the idea that the consortium didn't just decide on Sunday 13th to go for it again. Far more likely is that they knew the opportunity would present itself again and had all the finance etc. ready and waiting. Don't forget that these 3 are heavily involved in the Gy regeneration already, so will be fully aware of all the politics involved.
My guess would be that they had an inkling that Fenty was going to screw up at some stage, so had all their ducks in a row, just biding their time and waiting for the moment. Lloyd then presented them with that opportunity

Not facts ,but my best guess, given some of the things i've been told.

PS for all the doubters, try to have a listen to Tony Butcher's forensic dismantling of Fenty and his thoughts on the triumverate
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 5, 2021, 4:09pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from DB

Why don't you f off under the turd you crept from under. Realise in business nothing is certain until :-

Money changes hands, law of contract. Promise what you like but until paid in FULL it's not yours.
i's dotted and ts crossed
and eventually 'the fat lady sings'

Pooh, touchy little petal aren't you!..what's up DB,, red cross brigade getting to you?..face the fact you keeping beating the wrong drum!...
Posted by: Bigdog, February 5, 2021, 4:17pm; Reply: 106
Quoted from realist

Posters waiting for Grimrob to introduce a new pile of shite voting button for worst post of the day..
Posted by: MarshMariner, February 5, 2021, 5:06pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from Bigdog

Posters waiting for Grimrob to introduce a new pile of shite voting button for worst post of the day..

I think there is already something in place twit of the week  ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, February 5, 2021, 5:18pm; Reply: 108
There ya go:

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2020/december/chairmans-statement---terms-agreed/

Can we move on now?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 5, 2021, 5:34pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from ginnywings

👍👋👋👋👋👋
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 5:35pm; Reply: 110

Pooh, touchy little petal aren't you!..what's up DB,, red cross brigade getting to you?..face the fact you keeping beating the wrong drum!...

Well Northbank a lesson in the reality of  Law of Contract.

A contract is drawn up with terms and conditions to be met. The most basic of which is that goods are handed over in return for cash. If the final cash payments, for whatever reason are not paid then the deal is off. Any deposits may be forfeited depending upon the terms and conditions.

This is contract law so lets look at the Town take over and problems which may or may not happen, and information we know. You cannot second guess anything only the facts you know.

We know JF wants to sell and that the consortium will be his buyer. What would happen if JF on his way to give his signature for the sale has a car accident and is hospitalised. He would not be in a condition to sign and could be infirmed for weeks if not months if any injury was serious. Unless he has made a proxy then the deal would have to be suspended.

The consortium have cash in place to make the deal and then realise that it won't go through for months. They are business men and want a return and cash in the bank does not earn interest. Thank you very much they say keep our deposit were moving on to another project, or as you are unable to sign we want our money back and the contract is null and void.

JF dies before he signs the contract. Would the above outcome apply or would the executers of his estate have a different point of view and not want to sell! If the sale is not stipulated in a will then they don't.

So what about the consortium and if 1/2 of them were to meet with a premature death. Where would that leave the sale. Executers without express instructions could have different views on a will. What happens on the day of purchase if for any reason their funds don't come through, hitch from a lender, other business deal not completed on time.

What happens if their city friends hear a whisper a better deal is in the offering elsewhere to make more money and easily cover their Town losses. What happens if the development grants for the area are delayed, will they still want to continue. I can think of the excuses now for backing out.

So when I question their plan for town it is with the above in mind. The only and only fact we have is that they want to and have agreed to but JF's shares. End of.
Whatever else I, you or any other fans say is merely wishful thinking.

Yes they are good business men and their success has proved it. That said and because the deal has not yet been done some form of information from them would be very much appreciated. JF cannot  back down from the deal so any information from the consortium would not affect the deal with him.

As I said before it's a contract and until signed and paid for it doesn't exist.

The only thing that does exist is our wish list what all of us want, new owners, successful team, new stadium and prosperity for the club. My opinion, your opinion, whispers and rumours only raise our hopes and we've had plenty. Backbiting, name calling is not going to improve the current situation or the club. I like rumours as much as the next but ultimately hopes have to be based on facts.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, February 5, 2021, 5:36pm; Reply: 111
Quoted from DB

You're grasp of business is a little shaky..

Fenty has done many things wrong but he hasn't stripped assets. Stripping assets is selling off 'items' that are saleable and profiting from those sales. He has run the assets into the ground or under invested in them (BP, the training ground etc) and he has drawn an income from the club at times when it could ill afford it but he hasn't stripped assets.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 5, 2021, 5:37pm; Reply: 112
Quoted from DB

Well Northbank a lesson in the reality of  Law of Contract.

A contract is drawn up with terms and conditions to be met. The most basic of which is that goods are handed over in return for cash. If the final cash payments, for whatever reason are not paid then the deal is off. Any deposits may be forfeited depending upon the terms and conditions.

This is contract law so lets look at the Town take over and problems which may or may not happen, and information we know. You cannot second guess anything only the facts you know.

We know JF wants to sell and that the consortium will be his buyer. What would happen if JF on his way to give his signature for the sale has a car accident and is hospitalised. He would not be in a condition to sign and could be infirmed for weeks if not months if any injury was serious. Unless he has made a proxy then the deal would have to be suspended.

The consortium have cash in place to make the deal and then realise that it won't go through for months. They are business men and want a return and cash in the bank does not earn interest. Thank you very much they say keep our deposit were moving on to another project, or as you are unable to sign we want our money back and the contract is null and void.

JF dies before he signs the contract. Would the above outcome apply or would the executers of his estate have a different point of view and not want to sell! If the sale is not stipulated in a will then they don't.

So what about the consortium and if 1/2 of them were to meet with a premature death. Where would that leave the sale. Executers without express instructions could have different views on a will. What happens on the day of purchase if for any reason their funds don't come through, hitch from a lender, other business deal not completed on time.

What happens if their city friends hear a whisper a better deal is in the offering elsewhere to make more money and easily cover their Town losses. What happens if the development grants for the area are delayed, will they still want to continue. I can think of the excuses now for backing out.

So when I question their plan for town it is with the above in mind. The only and only fact we have is that they want to and have agreed to but JF's shares. End of.
Whatever else I, you or any other fans say is merely wishful thinking.

Yes they are good business men and their success has proved it. That said and because the deal has not yet been done some form of information from them would be very much appreciated. JF cannot  back down from the deal so any information from the consortium would not affect the deal with him.

As I said before it's a contract and until signed and paid for it doesn't exist.

The only thing that does exist is our wish list what all of us want, new owners, successful team, new stadium and prosperity for the club. My opinion, your opinion, whispers and rumours only raise our hopes and we've had plenty. Backbiting, name calling is not going to improve the current situation or the club. I like rumours as much as the next but ultimately hopes have to be based on facts.

You're like a dog with a bone and eventually they drop them!..look at ginnys post...that ends the conversation I'm afraid.
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 5:42pm; Reply: 113

You're grasp of business is a little shaky..

Fenty has done many things wrong but he hasn't stripped assets. Stripping assets is selling off 'items' that are saleable and profiting from those sales. He has run the assets into the ground or under invested in them (BP, the training ground etc) and he has drawn an income from the club at times when it could ill afford it but he hasn't stripped assets.

I believe we had a team in the championship of championship standard, the ASSETS. We ultimately ended up with a team in the NL, NL standard. The assets were the quality players which were replaced with NL standard player, which were further reduced in standard by oloway.

Which bit of asset don't you understand. Players are called an asset to the club.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, February 5, 2021, 5:45pm; Reply: 114
Quoted from DB

I believe we had a team in the championship of championship standard, the ASSETS. We ultimately ended up with a team in the NL, NL standard. The assets were the quality players which were replaced with NL standard player, which were further reduced in standard by oloway.

Which bit of asset don't you understand. Players are called an asset to the club.

Players are not company assets.

The contracts are capitalised as intangible assets and amortised (written-off) over the length of the contract
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 5:45pm; Reply: 115

You're like a dog with a bone and eventually they drop them!..look at ginnys post...that ends the conversation I'm afraid.

If you cannot or will not accept facts that's your problem, not mine.

Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 5:49pm; Reply: 116

Players are not company assets.

The contracts are capitalised as intangible assets and amortised (written-off) over the length of the contract

Technically you may be right. Players are also bought or sold just like anything else a company owns, and can be sold for profit. Call them what you like it's still money made.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 5, 2021, 5:55pm; Reply: 117
Quoted from DB

If you cannot or will not accept facts that's your problem, not mine.

No, the problem is you....you are barking up a tree a dog wouldn't p!ss up...
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, February 5, 2021, 5:57pm; Reply: 118
This discussion thread is priceless

The acquisition of John’s shares hasn’t even completed yet and you lot are truly unbelievable.

The term “barrack room lawyers” comes to mind

😂😂😂😂
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, February 5, 2021, 5:58pm; Reply: 119
Quoted from realist

Do you own multiple million pound companies and run the day to day duties of those companies? Thought not, probably sit in your mums spare box room touching yourself over being edgy and getting red crosses on the fishy. Everything they've done points to them being pro active, maybe you've seen too many TV programs and think you know how business negotiations work but in the real world, they take a long time and the fact it's been a couple years since they first approached for a take over and have been publicly slandered in the media by the current owner of the football club, watched the current owner of the football club enter negotiations with a convicted fraudster and watched the on field events be even more embarrassing than the off field antics they are still paying 2 million pounds of there money to take us over. Now please be a ' realist ' and take your fenty tinted glasses off which i'd assume are brown in color because your nose is so far up his behind and look at the real picture.
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 5:59pm; Reply: 120

No, the problem is you....you are barking up a tree a dog wouldn't p!ss up...

Definitely a dog wouldn't p!ss up a tree in your garden!
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 5, 2021, 6:01pm; Reply: 121
Quoted from DB

Definitely a dog wouldn't p!ss up a tree in your garden!

Hard luck...I have 2 that take great pleasure in doing that!!..
Posted by: BenBB, February 5, 2021, 6:03pm; Reply: 122
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/february/an-update-on-change-of-control

Official update
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 6:07pm; Reply: 123
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Do you own multiple million pound companies and run the day to day duties of those companies? Thought not, probably sit in your mums spare box room touching yourself over being edgy and getting red crosses on the fishy. Everything they've done points to them being pro active, maybe you've seen too many TV programs and think you know how business negotiations work but in the real world, they take a long time and the fact it's been a couple years since they first approached for a take over and have been publicly slandered in the media by the current owner of the football club, watched the current owner of the football club enter negotiations with a convicted fraudster and watched the on field events be even more embarrassing than the off field antics they are still paying 2 million pounds of there money to take us over. Now please be a ' realist ' and take your fenty tinted glasses off which i'd assume are brown in color because your nose is so far up his behind and look at the real picture.

Interesting comment from you. I was involved in running a multi million pound company once, spent around £100K to £250K for them. Not yearly, or monthly or weekly. Every day in fact for several years. Not sure what these figures are in todays values, but that was in the late 60's early 70'. Perhaps that's where I have my interest for contract law and facts. Reps promised the earth but couldn't deliver so over time you become cynical and prefer actual facts that you can base decisions on.
Posted by: It Bites, February 5, 2021, 6:10pm; Reply: 124
Due diligence due diligence due diligence blah blah blah .
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 6:10pm; Reply: 125

Hard luck...I have 2 that take great pleasure in doing that!!..

I can't resist. Does that make you a dog?
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 6:16pm; Reply: 126
Quoted from BenBB

Nothing new really. Does anybody have any idea how much longer it's just dragging on and on

Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 5, 2021, 6:17pm; Reply: 127
Quoted from DB

I can't resist. Does that make you a dog?

Nope but you are increasingly looking like a pr!CK...
Posted by: ginnywings, February 5, 2021, 6:22pm; Reply: 128
If you are on a wind up DB, you've nailed it.

If not...
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 6:39pm; Reply: 129

Nope but you are increasingly looking like a pr!CK...

Obviously you must be one to know, to make such a description. Been taking the Viagra!
Posted by: Kris2, February 5, 2021, 6:39pm; Reply: 130
Quoted from DB

Nothing new really. Does anybody have any idea how much longer it's just dragging on and on

Not sure what people were expecting. The only reason they had to release this non update is because people kept demanding to know what's going on and speculating. They don't have to update us about every boring phase of this takeover, it'll take however long it takes. There is no time frame on these sorts of things and putting one on it will only lead to more speculation if there are delays in completing everything.
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 6:42pm; Reply: 131
Quoted from Kris2

Not sure what people were expecting. The only reason they had to release this non update is because people kept demanding to know what's going on and speculating. They don't have to update us about every boring phase of this takeover, it'll take however long it takes. There is no time frame on these sorts of things and putting one on it will only lead to more speculation if there are delays in completing everything.

Thank you Kris. I only wondered if someone knew of timescales from any other previous taker overs.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 5, 2021, 6:50pm; Reply: 132
Quoted from DB

Obviously you must be one to know, to make such a description. Been taking the Viagra!

Unlike yourself, I have no trouble standing to attention!...nor do I seek attention, starting to think you may have separation issues, I'd seek advice if I were you..
Anyways, away from slating each other...now you've had you're statement, time for you so slink back off and wait for the next installment of "GTFC gets taken over by forward thinking businessmen"...
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 6:58pm; Reply: 133

Unlike yourself, I have no trouble standing to attention!...nor do I seek attention, starting to think you may have separation issues, I'd seek advice if I were you..
Anyways, away from slating each other...now you've had you're statement, time for you so slink back off and wait for the next installment of "GTFC gets taken over by forward thinking businessmen"...

So let us stop slating. Please don't infer that I have referred to members of the consortium as been other than good business men.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 5, 2021, 7:19pm; Reply: 134
Quoted from DB

So let us stop slating. Please don't infer that I have referred to members of the consortium as been other than good business men.

I never did, that was "realist" that insuated that.
And please don't call them " 3 brass monkeys". These are 3 very astute business men and everyone of us are praying for a brighter future fit GTFC...
Sit tight now, let's hope the next statement is "SS&P are now the new owners of GTFC".....ATAW...
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 7:34pm; Reply: 135

Inever did, that was "realist" that insuated that.
And please don't call them " 3 brass monkeys". These are 3 very astute business men and everyone of us are praying for a brighter future fit GTFC...
Sit tight now, let's hope the next statement is "SS&P are now the new owners of GTFC"....
.ATAW...

I apologise

So at least we can agree

Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 7:58pm; Reply: 136
Hursty seems happy.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-town-takeover-shutes-fenty-4972547
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 5, 2021, 8:47pm; Reply: 137
Hurst has got a point DB
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 5, 2021, 8:50pm; Reply: 138
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Hurst has got a point DB

See what you did there KM   ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 5, 2021, 8:51pm; Reply: 139
Quoted from promotion plaice

See what you did there KM   ;)

That’s good pp because I didn’t see it 😂
Posted by: Iknowyoursecret, February 5, 2021, 10:01pm; Reply: 140
Why is the club making comments on a sale of Fenty’s shares they should be impartial not predudiced.The club should have nothing to do with the sale of his shares,who’s going to pay the legal fees for the sale THE CLUB or mr Fenty.
Posted by: AussieMariner, February 5, 2021, 11:19pm; Reply: 141
Quoted from DB

Nothing new?
FFS
Due diligence was the one stage where the whole thing could have gone t1ts up
Due diligence completed means that the consortium have discovered no reason not to proceed
I know you’re the authority on fat ladies DB but I can assure that this news means we’re a lot closer to this particular one singing
Posted by: DB, February 5, 2021, 11:31pm; Reply: 142
Quoted from AussieMariner

Nothing new?
FFS
Due diligence was the one stage where the whole thing could have gone t1ts up
Due diligence completed means that the consortium have discovered no reason not to proceed
I know you’re the authority on fat ladies DB but I can assure that this news means we’re a lot closer to this particular one singing

Hope this explains it for you, taken from a later post

Quoted from Kris2

Thank you Kris. I only wondered if someone knew of timescales from any other previous taker overs.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 6, 2021, 11:21am; Reply: 143
https://twitter.com/JamieFin_/status/1357746331767431168?s=19

Latest from Jason Stockwood, it's on the way but won't be next week..
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 6, 2021, 11:27am; Reply: 144
Quoted from DB

Hope this explains it for you, taken from a later post

Quoted from Kris2

It’s been said several times on this board that takeovers of this kind take several weeks. There can be no precise timetable - as you pointed out in another post DB, many different things can occur during contract negotiations, due diligence (by the buyer about the company they’re buying), due diligence by the League, transfer of funds etc.
Posted by: Bigdog, February 6, 2021, 11:49am; Reply: 145
After patiently waiting ten years for concrete positive news on new stadium plans at Great Coates, five years for positive news re Peaks Parkway, three years for Philip Day's plans to make us a Championship club and six months and counting for the club to announce the signing of Luke Spokes, I'm sure we can wait a day or two longer for the incoming owners' plans..

Can't wait for the wannabe football club owners to become actual football club owners and the tyrekickers no longer having to kick tyres. Then GTFC will no longer be kicked around like an old tyre as it has been for the past sixteen years and the spineless gobshite wannabe football manager/director will finally be able to see what a well run football club actually looks like..

Not expecting too much too soon, EFL survival takes precedence and plenty of work to do to repair our beaten up old club, but I've got a feeling we're going to see the beginnings of a new golden era for GTFC..
Posted by: realist, February 6, 2021, 12:12pm; Reply: 146
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Oh dear, this really shows how the school closures are affecting pupils, although I expect you were near to the bottom of the class anyway.

If you had taken the trouble to read any of my posts thoroughly, you would know I am Fentys number one enemy, although the few big word would have confused you. I would love to be in my mothers box room but unfortunately she passed some time ago.  Although not owning a company I am a director of one and am at work running it today. Since midnight we have made 1.7 million pounds gross. Not bad for a masturbating mummies boy.  I am nothing but fair though, if you can give me five examples of how the three amigos have been proactive, then I will happy to admit that I am wrong.
Posted by: DB, February 6, 2021, 12:28pm; Reply: 147
https://twitter.com/JamieFin_/status/1357746331767431168?s=19

Latest from Jason Stockwood, it's on the way but won't be next week..

Thank you Northbank  for a bit of info, so hopefully the week after.

Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 6, 2021, 12:33pm; Reply: 148
Quoted from DB

Thank you Northbank  for a bit of info, so hopefully the week after.

It's not like Stockwood to comment on these sort of things on Twitter so I'm expecting things to happen before the end of the month at the very latest, fingers crossed it's before then...
Posted by: moosey_club, February 6, 2021, 12:39pm; Reply: 149
Quoted from Kris2

So we can add "the takeover negotiations" to the long list of things the Fishy is in control of ? 🤣
Posted by: moosey_club, February 6, 2021, 12:48pm; Reply: 150
It should all be done by tea time....if all that is outstanding is to show the EFL the future funding then two of the three can say we will continue to match the current income support levels that  Day, Marley have contributed for the last 10yrs and the third can say he will take any profit out.
If its good enough now to satisfy the EFL then should be no problem continuing the arrangement. 😆
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 6, 2021, 12:55pm; Reply: 151
So what happen to all us minor shareholders, do the consortium just have to buy Mr Fenty’s, as he is the majority shareholder, or eventually do we get an offer for ours. Do we know what price per share Mr Fenty has been offered? Please note I only ask for clarification, I do not want to sell my share as it makes me feel even more part of the GTFC family.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 6:22am