Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 15, 2021, 7:19pm
I think there is something wrong with the Fishy today. Any one else having the same problem?

There doesnt seem to be any threads about the multitudes of players who have joined Town today.

Not a single one by the looks of it. Have they all been deleted?

So of the two mentioned yesterday, the 'certainty' hasnt signed, the 'other one' who wasnt at the top of the list.....hasnt materialised either.

So......boys and girls........we are up Schitt Creek without so much as an instrument for propelling us through the water.

I think Hursty is heeding Ollies words when he said "I didnt realise it was so difficult to get someone to play for Grimsby"
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 15, 2021, 7:27pm; Reply: 1
Do we really, honestly need countless different threads about the lack of signings?!? Do some posters just feel the need to justify their existence?

Yes it's frustrating, perhaps worrying even but Hursty will be doing EVERYTHING he can to sign players and will be equally as frustrated as all of us and I for one am confident some will join shortly, maybe towards the end of the window as is often the case in January!

But PLEASE, can we just stick to the already-established threads on the subject?

#UTM
Posted by: realist, January 15, 2021, 8:11pm; Reply: 2
Can’t you face the truth?
Posted by: aldi_01, January 15, 2021, 8:25pm; Reply: 3
Remember when folk bemoaned the lack of signings in the summer than whacked off when Wurzel brought in a million five blokes from glorified Sunday league clubs down south...
Posted by: geir, January 15, 2021, 9:36pm; Reply: 4

Knowing our luck, I think we will win our next three games in a convincing manner, making Paul Hurst and the rest of his team think that the players have finally figured out how to play this game. No need for more players, then.
Then, after the window is closed, we go on a losing streak never before seen since Slade 2. Conference here we come.
Posted by: Grimsbynewhope, January 15, 2021, 9:48pm; Reply: 5
There’s no point in signing players unless they’re going to be an improvement on what we’ve already got, the January window was always going to be difficult, there’s no point in panicking and bringing in anyone just to make up the numbers.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 15, 2021, 10:24pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from geir

Knowing our luck, I think we will win our next three games in a convincing manner, making Paul Hurst and the rest of his team think that the players have finally figured out how to play this game. No need for more players, then.
Then, after the window is closed, we go on a losing streak never before seen since Slade 2. Conference here we come.

Spoken like a native Grimbarian. You know when you’ve been following Grimsby Town too long when.....
Posted by: geir, January 15, 2021, 10:50pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Spoken like a native Grimbarian. You know when you’ve been following Grimsby Town too long when.....

Yeah, I am starting to really feel it now, from afar... Should I be worried? ;-)
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 15, 2021, 11:07pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from geir

Det er aldri så galt at det ikke er godt for noe!
Posted by: GrimRob, January 15, 2021, 11:14pm; Reply: 9

Det er aldri så galt at det ikke er godt for noe!

After rain comes sunshine
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 15, 2021, 11:44pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GrimRob

After rain comes sunshine

More like the English expression ‘it’s an ill wind that doesn’t blow someone some good’.

Google says it’s ‘It's never so bad that it's not good for anything’
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 15, 2021, 11:46pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from geir

Yeah, I am starting to really feel it now, from afar... Should I be worried? ;-)

It’s no good worrying about it now. It’s too late to change. You’re one of us. 😁

‘terningen er kastet’ To carry on with Knut Anders’ theme.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 6:00pm