Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, January 15, 2021, 6:25pm
Just wondering what it’s like back home......weather wise?
Forecast tomorrow is heavy rain/ sleet / snow and feeling like -5 with the wind chill.....
Southend wouldn’t want to get all the way up here and find it off......so they normally check early doors..
If it was off it would help us I reckon......and give us a stress free afternoon!!
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, January 15, 2021, 6:31pm; Reply: 1
I'd imagine the pitch is covered and there'd be heaters on it, very rare we have a game called off
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, January 15, 2021, 6:33pm; Reply: 2
Pull the plug out.......
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 15, 2021, 6:37pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
Pull the plug out.......

Leave the plug in and turn the hose pipe on.
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 15, 2021, 6:38pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
I'd imagine the pitch is covered and there'd be heaters on it, very rare we have a game called off

Heaters? Fenty? Come on we all know electricity never got you three points on a Saturday!
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 15, 2021, 6:44pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Leave the plug in and turn the hose pipe on.

With Fenty holding the hose pipe?...
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 15, 2021, 6:48pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

With Fenty holding the hose pipe?...

If he’s a real fan...😉
Posted by: golfer, January 15, 2021, 7:17pm; Reply: 7
Now now you lot don't be naughty
Posted by: Supersixty, January 15, 2021, 7:50pm; Reply: 8
We would only get a heated pitch if it was viable for Fenty to fit it and trowser another FA grant
Posted by: LH, January 15, 2021, 8:05pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

True, but most seasons we actually bother to look after the pitch in the summer to make sure it can deal with the frost and snow in the winter.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 15, 2021, 8:47pm; Reply: 10
Hoping to get called off at home to bottom of the league is pretty low. Thinking the club would do anything to increase the chances of it being off makes me feel dirty. Not as dirty as the thought of going back to the conference though......
Posted by: RichMariner, January 15, 2021, 10:21pm; Reply: 11
Southend are one of the form teams in the division right now. I take your point - it’s pretty low to wish for any postponement due to our own form - but it’s going to be a hard game tomorrow (if it goes ahead).
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 15, 2021, 10:27pm; Reply: 12
Oh I would be delighted if it's off. It's pretty depressing to think that but we haven't brought anybody in this week and training might have been tough with the weather. Plus it would give Scannell and Hanson a bit longer. And it would mean the weekend isn't totally copulated up by a sizeable defeat like it usually is.
Posted by: bawarmy, January 15, 2021, 10:29pm; Reply: 13
It’s cold out there tonight. Just been out to the bin and it was frosted over. I’ll throw out my signed pic of Holloway when it thaws
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 15, 2021, 10:38pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from bawarmy
It’s cold out there tonight. Just been out to the bin and it was frosted over. I’ll throw out my signed pic of Holloway when it thaws

You could always burn it to warm things up
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 15, 2021, 10:52pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You could always burn it to warm things up

Neighbours won’t appreciate that. The amount of excrement that man spoke would leave a smell
Posted by: Hagrid, January 16, 2021, 8:03am; Reply: 16
Heavy rain through the night continuing this morning. How depressing that i’m quite hoping its off
Posted by: denni266, January 16, 2021, 8:10am; Reply: 17
Looking at my garden its soddon with pools of water on it , and it is still raining... i live very close to the ground and would say there is a very good chance it could be off
Posted by: aldi_01, January 16, 2021, 8:51am; Reply: 18
Surely, even without crowds and Covid clubs still have to use covers and do all they can to get games on.

That said, in the past we’d never er be worried because of the pitch but after furloughing out groundsman who the intercourse knows...
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 16, 2021, 9:03am; Reply: 19
Weather forecast looks fine. Can't see any reason why the match should be in any sort of doubt.
Posted by: golfer, January 16, 2021, 9:04am; Reply: 20
Rain forecast to stop May 31
Posted by: gobby, January 16, 2021, 10:07am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
Just wondering what it’s like back home......weather wise?
Forecast tomorrow is heavy rain/ sleet / snow and feeling like -5 with the wind chill.....
Southend wouldn’t want to get all the way up here and find it off......so they normally check early doors..
If it was off it would help us I reckon......and give us a stress free afternoon!!

Southend stayed in the Oaklands over night! 😎
UTMM
Posted by: RonMariner, January 16, 2021, 11:41am; Reply: 22
Anybody know a good rain dance?
Posted by: Ruston AT, January 16, 2021, 1:35pm; Reply: 23

The pitch looks like, in fact not as good as, the ploggers.  An absolute disgrace caused by our tight board!
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 16, 2021, 1:43pm; Reply: 24
Any chance of severe sunburn making play dangerous?  Health and Safety and that.  
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 16, 2021, 1:44pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Ruston AT

The pitch looks like, in fact not as good as, the ploggers.  An absolute disgrace caused by our tight board!

Yep been going since 90/91 and this is the worst pitch we've had in that time, unless I'm forgetting a particularly bad spell. What makes it worse is that the board knew that Holloway wanted to play it on the deck but still went ahead and furloughed the groundstaff.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 16, 2021, 1:53pm; Reply: 26
I'm hearing a sink hole has just opened in the Osmond penalty box
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 11:02am