Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: DB, January 15, 2021, 6:21pm
Deciding Day. To me, an optimist who always believes we will win, the Southend game could decide our season.

Hursty may play it down but it is a 6 pointer.

Player wise 1 staying, 1 gone and nobody in, and despite Hursty's good intensions nobody wants to come.

I have called them headless chickens because that's how I see a team with no motivation, drive, enthusiasm and we have been advised some team spirit! Posts have also been written about the experience of some older players may give to the team. Although I, and others, have criticised Macca (yes he deserved it) I do wonder how badly the ollo way man management was - senior and longest serving playing, team captain to be told that you may be going out on loan! It is not confidence inspiring.

Ollo way is the only one to blame and Hursty has to tidy up his Mess. We saw an improved performance in the 2nd half against Cambridge, as if Hursty gave them an adrenalin inject. A glimmer of hope to be blow out at vale park.

They are 18 points to play for this month and 6 have gone leaving 12 left. A win is imperative, a draw isn't much good but better than an unacceptable defeat. We are playing teams around so, take it or leave it, they are all 6 pointers.

Tomorrow will not be a decision day as their are games to play and points to play for. Some post 50 as the magic figure - 10 wins. Tomorrow is however a vital day.

Who and whatever formation Hursty puts out we need that win because it will help decide the future and place in the league.

Of course we are going to win ( I hope)

Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, January 15, 2021, 6:36pm; Reply: 1
we're always going to feel like that when you look at the fixture but at the end of the day it's just one of many games left to play. I do think it could have a small effect on how we look to transfer prospects for the rest of the window so that could make a difference, but overall every game is increasingly important until we're safe
Posted by: RonMariner, January 15, 2021, 6:45pm; Reply: 2
10 wins?

When you put it like that it does seem increasingly unlikely.

If we lose tomorrow it will be 10 wins in 22 games. That is pretty near play off form.

On the other hand we may not need 50 points. Usually a few less that is good enough.

But even so.......
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 15, 2021, 7:03pm; Reply: 3
If we lose tomorrow, I reckon the undertaker will be ordering the wood and nails.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 15, 2021, 7:17pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from arryarryarry
If we lose tomorrow, I reckon the undertaker will be ordering the wood and nails.

Sounds like a job for Paul Hearse
Posted by: barrattstandman, January 15, 2021, 7:18pm; Reply: 5
A bigger fear is that if we lose two more games that the investors  pull out.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 15, 2021, 7:36pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from barrattstandman
A bigger fear is that if we lose two more games that the investors  pull out.

Do you really think they decided to buy the club because we had a slightly better run at some point?
Posted by: Abdul19, January 15, 2021, 10:49pm; Reply: 7
Bit disappointed this isn't a thread about a former You Bet presenter.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 15, 2021, 11:49pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Abdul19
Bit disappointed this isn't a thread about a former You Bet presenter.

I came for the military history
Posted by: lancspontooner, January 16, 2021, 12:42am; Reply: 9
Que sera, sera
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 16, 2021, 1:22am; Reply: 10

;D(100)
Posted by: RonMariner, January 16, 2021, 12:49pm; Reply: 11

However bad things get on the pitch, at least we have some great one liners on here to cheer us up!
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, January 16, 2021, 12:56pm; Reply: 12

And his new signing, Paul Barer
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 16, 2021, 1:46pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

And his new signing, Paul Barer

And his sexy assistant Em barm
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 16, 2021, 4:30pm; Reply: 14
Ed Stone should be coming in later.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 16, 2021, 7:20pm; Reply: 15
C  O F Fin anyone?

Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 1:44pm