Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 2, 2020, 8:15pm
Cheeky feckers......

"For on that day, City travelled to Blundell Park and a Championship clash with Grimsby, a town that truly suits its name."

https://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/2020/12/2/22077973/from-grimsby-to-porto-how-times-have-changed-at-manchester-city

Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, December 2, 2020, 9:10pm; Reply: 1
Badly written patronising boll0cks
Posted by: ginnywings, December 2, 2020, 9:13pm; Reply: 2
Amazing what billions of pounds can do. I've been to Maine Road. Moss Side, enough said.

Remember the game well at BP.
Posted by: CodHead, December 2, 2020, 9:15pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

Cheeky feckers......

"For on that day, City travelled to Blundell Park and a Championship clash with Grimsby, a town that truly suits its name."

https://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/2020/12/2/22077973/from-grimsby-to-porto-how-times-have-changed-at-manchester-city

Did you know,
Man City have won the same amount of Champions' League trophies,
as Grimsby, Dulwich Hamlet, Marine and Brackley Town
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, December 2, 2020, 9:18pm; Reply: 4
Yes, and we’ve failed to win it without about two hundred billion pounds of filthy oil cash!
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 2, 2020, 9:19pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
Amazing what billions of pounds can do. I've been to Maine Road. Moss Side, enough said.

Went through Moss Side just after the riots it made Beirut look like kinder garden.
Posted by: CodHead, December 2, 2020, 9:21pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete

Went through Moss Side just after the riots it made Beirut look like kinder garden.

;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 2, 2020, 9:25pm; Reply: 7
I prefer to remember the game in 1984/85 when a high-flying Man City side (they might even have been top at the time) got soundly thrashed 4-1 at BP with Kev Drinkell scoring his 100th goal for us and a sold out away-end singing "What The intercourse Is Going On" after the 4th hit the net.
Posted by: Withnail, December 2, 2020, 9:56pm; Reply: 8
Pot calling kettle. Manchester looks like a blistered pisspot.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 2, 2020, 10:00pm; Reply: 9
Man City have also failed in trying to win the CL than the other clubs mentioned.
Posted by: Withnail, December 2, 2020, 10:03pm; Reply: 10
https://loudribs.com/product/manchester-spice-up-your-life-a3-rubbish-seaside-print-signed-and-dated/

Posted by: psgmariner, December 2, 2020, 10:07pm; Reply: 11
https://loudribs.com/product/cleethorpes-the-last-resort-a3-rubbish-seaside-print-signed-and-dated/

Hanging proudly in my kitchen.

He’s a talented artist and a nice guy. From southsea so knows a lot about crappy seaside towns.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 2, 2020, 10:26pm; Reply: 12
Those prints are superb
Posted by: Withnail, December 2, 2020, 10:31pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from psgmariner
https://loudribs.com/product/cleethorpes-the-last-resort-a3-rubbish-seaside-print-signed-and-dated/

Hanging proudly in my kitchen.

He’s a talented artist and a nice guy. From southsea so knows a lot about crappy seaside towns.

He grew up in Teignmouth in Devon.
Posted by: mariner tommy, December 2, 2020, 10:52pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings

I parked my car in Moss Side when town got beat at Man City 2-0, it was 1978. I think League Cup. A young lad came up to us and said “ look after your car for £2 mister? “
He then said if we didn’t pay they’d torch it when we walked away.
We paid him.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 2, 2020, 11:01pm; Reply: 15
I like those posters. “Any port in a storm”. Reminds me of tee shirts you  could get years ago : “Cleethorpes. The last resort.”
Posted by: ginnywings, December 2, 2020, 11:23pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from mariner tommy

I parked my car in Moss Side when town got beat at Man City 2-0, it was 1978. I think League Cup. A young lad came up to us and said “ look after your car for £2 mister? “
He then said if we didn’t pay they’d torch it when we walked away.
We paid him.

Went to see Fleetwood Mac at Maine Road. The local 'yoot' had removed the fence from a school playing field and had turned it into a make shift car park. £5 a pop. They said our car would be safe, guaranteed, and it was, along with everyone else's. They must have made a fortune- there were hundreds of cars and vans parked on the field.

Posted by: psgmariner, December 3, 2020, 5:59am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Withnail

He grew up in Teignmouth in Devon.

He told me he was from southsea but i may be misremembering.

Anyway his stuff is great. Sold a bit in my shop but better to buy his stuff online now.
Posted by: diehardmariner, December 3, 2020, 9:36am; Reply: 18
About 5% of the article on the actual game, almost as if it was lifted from a generic match report after a quick Google.

Paragraphs and paragraphs of waffle about what's happened since the money flooded in.

Could be forgiven that the 'author' found out, around late summer 2008,  that their Dad's neighbour had a Man City rosette at some point in the 1970's and was therefore intrinsically linked with the club forever....
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 3, 2020, 9:48am; Reply: 19
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I like those posters. “Any port in a storm”. Reminds me of tee shirts you  could get years ago : “Cleethorpes. The last resort.”

iirc there was a place down seaview st that sold them
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, December 3, 2020, 11:53am; Reply: 20
And people wonder why I don't support Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool etc... when they play in European competitions; its because of irritating prats like him.

Posted by: malkamalka, December 3, 2020, 10:17pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from grimsby pete

In the 1930's, Moss Side was posh!

Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 4, 2020, 3:56am; Reply: 22
Let's be honest, many of us have the same attitude to the places we visited in non league
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:34pm