Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, December 1, 2020, 10:00pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09066nw
Posted by: Hagrid, December 1, 2020, 10:06pm; Reply: 1
As honest as ive heard him. Cant say fairer than that
Posted by: Lincs Iron man, December 1, 2020, 10:06pm; Reply: 2
Bloke talks in riddles

Great manager tho, need to stick with him 😉👌
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 1, 2020, 10:11pm; Reply: 3
Honest appraisal, not sure how we’re going to bring in the experience we need and ensure they’re match fit and ready to make a difference but I guess he did that with Clarke last season so let’s see.
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 1, 2020, 10:12pm; Reply: 4
Slightly concerned that he thought Idehen did well on Tuesday, it was obvious then he’d been chucked into the deep end. All well and good him saying he’ll ‘just chuck a youngster in’ but it’s cost us tonight. That’s nothing against Idehen, it’s not his fault.
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 1, 2020, 10:13pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Honest appraisal, not sure how we’re going to bring in the experience we need and ensure they’re match fit and ready to make a difference but I guess he did that with Clarke last season so let’s see.

In fairness it’s starting to work with Scannell
Posted by: GrimRob, December 1, 2020, 10:49pm; Reply: 6
At least he stuck to a winning side, or as close as possible, and there was rationale behind the team selection. OK it didn't work out but the opposition were at the top of their game tonight. The fixture list isn't easy at the moment.
Posted by: Zmariner, December 1, 2020, 10:54pm; Reply: 7
A decent guy, everybody is making a few mistakes. We stay loyal and move on. Disappointing but only one game, I am less sick of it and I was a couple of hours ago and completely behind the management. Utm
Posted by: forza ivano, December 1, 2020, 10:59pm; Reply: 8
Glad he told it straight with no b s.
Get the next 2 hard games put of the way and then its teams more at our level
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, December 2, 2020, 6:16am; Reply: 9
He’s not going to slate Idehan though is he.
Think the kid has a great future, just had a mate last night agains a very good attack.
Posted by: pen penfras, December 2, 2020, 8:36am; Reply: 10
Quoted from pontoonlew
Slightly concerned that he thought Idehen did well on Tuesday, it was obvious then he’d been chucked into the deep end. All well and good him saying he’ll ‘just chuck a youngster in’ but it’s cost us tonight. That’s nothing against Idehen, it’s not his fault.

Idehen didn't have a good game last night, but I'm not sure it'd have been much better if Pollock was playing. They sliced us open with passing a few times and Pollock and Waterfall together is crying out for that to happen. I also don't think any of the goals were Idehen's fault. Clifton, Waterfall, Preston and Rose all had parts to play in the first 3. Then why was Pollock playing left wing for their 4th?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 2, 2020, 9:25am; Reply: 11
Ollie seemed subdued last night. Even after a bad defeat he’s not normally that quiet.
Posted by: TAGG, December 2, 2020, 9:54am; Reply: 12
That was his best post match interview.
Honest and to the point no fluff and nonsense.

Sometimes in football you have to except that you will come up against a far better side.

The defending was rubbish but I hope they will learn from that otherwise the players made as good an account of themselves as they could.
They never stopped running.
They never gave up and that's all you can ask I think.

Heads up, move on to the next game.
Up the Mariners
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 2, 2020, 11:45am; Reply: 13
Quoted from pen penfras

Idehen didn't have a good game last night, but I'm not sure it'd have been much better if Pollock was playing. They sliced us open with passing a few times and Pollock and Waterfall together is crying out for that to happen. I also don't think any of the goals were Idehen's fault. Clifton, Waterfall, Preston and Rose all had parts to play in the first 3. Then why was Pollock playing left wing for their 4th?

Pollock is a fair way ahead of him at the minute though so I'd like to think he'd have done better.

All 3 goals whilst he was on the pitch were a catalyst of errors no doubt, Preston in particular has slipped under the radar on them. Exeter were very good but the first and third goals were an absolute shambles.
Posted by: Ipswin, December 2, 2020, 12:08pm; Reply: 14
Bit less BS than usual from Holloway but otherwise nowt different
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 7:26pm