Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: CodHead, December 1, 2020, 8:00pm
Is it just me or is it not acceptable

One home win all season

Not good enough IMO
Posted by: denni266, December 1, 2020, 8:36pm; Reply: 1
What home form ?  come to think of it  what form ?
Posted by: always grimsby, December 1, 2020, 9:07pm; Reply: 2
Absolutely terrible at the back including Macca
Cannot believe how lacking we was down the left in the first half
Posted by: ginnywings, December 1, 2020, 9:15pm; Reply: 3
Think it's more down to who we've played rather than where we've played. Not much home advantage at the moment, and we've played more away games to date.

Our home form has been poor for a few seasons to be fair.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, December 1, 2020, 9:39pm; Reply: 4
Does anyone seriously think that home form is relevant without fans
Does anyone fear away games with no home fans
Posted by: grimps, December 1, 2020, 9:55pm; Reply: 5
Out home form has been long as long as I can remember, we used to blame it on ty e fans getting on their back , god knows what we can blame it on now
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 1, 2020, 10:03pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimps
Out home form has been long as long as I can remember, we used to blame it on ty e fans getting on their back , god knows what we can blame it on now

It’s the fan’s fault for not turning up!

😉
Posted by: Poojah, December 1, 2020, 10:13pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings
Think it's more down to who we've played rather than where we've played. Not much home advantage at the moment, and we've played more away games to date.

Our home form has been poor for a few seasons to be fair.

Just on this point, it is worth noting that as of tonight's table, we've played 8 of the top 10 but only 2 of the bottom 8. Of the other 3 sides we've played, Harrogate and Crawley were both in the top half when we played them whilst the game at Walsall was the opening game of the season.

None of that's an excuse for some of the heavy defeats we've had, the mistakes we've made or our poor home form, but it does put a slightly different complexion on where we find ourselves.

Our next two games look tough; away at Colchester (currently 12th) and at home to Newport (top), but then December's remaining games are against:

- Mansfield (23rd)
- Southend (bottom)
- Scunthorpe (19th)
- Bradford (21st)
- Morecambe (11th)
- Oldham (17th)

On current standings, that's a positional average of 19th over that six game run, by which time we'll very nearly be at the half way point of the season. That for me will be the time to really take stock of where we are, and whether there are grounds for optimism or genuine concern for the rest of the season.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 2, 2020, 10:09am; Reply: 8
I agree totally pooja, it's a point I've tried to make several times previously. We then have a free week at the beginning of january by which time we will hopefully have some new experienced faces coming in.
Posted by: oochiad, December 2, 2020, 10:18am; Reply: 9
Well said Poojah, I’ve made similar points over on FB where the Praise and Grumble lot are totally losing it. Nobody seems to take form into account.......
Posted by: ginnywings, December 2, 2020, 11:02am; Reply: 10
In overall form, we are 15th over the last 6 games, meaning there are 9 teams below us, including the mighty Bradford and Port Vale who have lost 5 on the trot.

It's not as bad as people are making out. Southend already look doomed.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 2, 2020, 6:10pm; Reply: 11
Our home from has been poor since we got back in the league.

Jolley was bragging we won ten games out of twenty three.

That's the best we done and I say that is below average.I

If our ambition is to get promoted we need to win at least 15 or 16.

For whatever reason our away form  seems to be better than average.

No idea why unless it's the exiles urging the players on.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 7:07pm