Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, November 29, 2020, 1:26pm
I have met up with Ollie at Cheapside this morning and had a really good chat with him.

Because of the problems getting my bank account added, I had to put the closing date back and back again, so it is due to close next Sunday.

In the mean time, Ollie is going to speak to his best mates wife to ask her if there is any specific charity she would like the money to go to. I have no problem with that.

I gave Ollie my contact details and he will hopefully phone me the week commencing 7th December with one or more charities that he would like the money to go to.

He has suggested that rather than me giving the money to him, and then him forwarding it to the Charity, that I send the money direct to the Charity on behalf of him, and then we do some sort of presentation at a later date, possibly if and when we drop to Tier 2 and can have fans in the ground.

Ollie did ask me to thank everyone at the Fishy who has donated and that he is in awe of what we have done for him.

I did tell him that we will still try to raise more money before next Sunday, a final push while we still have the chance.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/wearewithyou?utm_term=xwE6axPdR
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, November 30, 2020, 3:38pm; Reply: 1
I also spoke to Ollie about the idea of having an auction to raise further funds, as was the plan at the "An Evening with", but he suggested, with a wink, to put the idea on the back burner after I suggested maybe having a "Managers Fundraiser" as a yearly event.

So we shall see.....
Posted by: moosey_club, November 30, 2020, 5:43pm; Reply: 2
Oohh you little tease....
So this wink.....

The kind of wink that said put it on the backburner cos I wont be here that long ?

Or....

The kind of wink that said this time next year we wont need a whip round because we will have been taken over by a Saudi consortium he is bringing to the table ?
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, November 30, 2020, 7:13pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from moosey_club
Oohh you little tease....
So this wink.....

The kind of wink that said put it on the backburner cos I wont be here that long ?

Or....

The kind of wink that said this time next year we wont need a whip round because we will have been taken over by a Saudi consortium he is bringing to the table ?

Nothing that 'winky' I think. I had previously mentioned about having an annual "Managers Fundraiser" to a senior member of GTFC staff, who then mentioned it to Ollie. So it could be that he/they have something in the pipeline.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 30, 2020, 7:17pm; Reply: 4

Nothing that 'winky' I think. I had previously mentioned about having an annual "Managers Fundraiser" to a senior member of GTFC staff, who then mentioned it to Ollie. So it could be that he/they have something in the pipeline.

What is Ollie going to do with a managers fundraiser ?

Give it to charity or  go towards a transfer fund ?
Posted by: moosey_club, November 30, 2020, 7:57pm; Reply: 5

They need to mention it to the honorable members of the board first to see if they are going to personally stump up any money.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 5:24pm