Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 28, 2020, 3:55pm
Travelling along the A46 between Morrison’s and Laceby yesterday and noticed a camera van, but about 200 yards further down there’s the static camera, just thinking does this mean the static one is just a box otherwise seems a bit pointless.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, November 28, 2020, 6:05pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Gaffer58
Travelling along the A46 between Morrison’s and Laceby yesterday and noticed a camera van, but about 200 yards further down there’s the static camera, just thinking does this mean the static one is just a box otherwise seems a bit pointless.

Probably to catch locals who usually slam on their brakes just before the fixed camera
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 28, 2020, 9:02pm; Reply: 2
The van could be checking number plates.
Posted by: aldi_01, November 29, 2020, 7:40am; Reply: 3
Think there’s a few reasons, cynically, I’d imagine it generates a fair bit of cash.

Secondly, having lived in Laceby for a number of years, I’m not convinced the static cameras work so that may be the reason.

I’d imagine, much like on the cusp of Bracebridge Heath where they claim it’s an accident hotspot, justifying the position of the van, they’ll do the same here.
Posted by: Stadium, November 29, 2020, 6:33pm; Reply: 4
Probably worth submitting a FOI request for the fixed cameras.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, December 7, 2020, 3:03am; Reply: 5
The average speed cameras are best.
You can bat through one at 145mph, stop for a picnic in a lay-by then bat through the next one at 130mph but your average speed will be October by all accounts.
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 11:55pm