Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Croxton, November 24, 2020, 9:56pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08zjj2p
Posted by: Henryscat, November 24, 2020, 10:08pm; Reply: 1
He isn’t happy with Tondeur listening to that!
Posted by: moosey_club, November 24, 2020, 10:52pm; Reply: 2
Rant fest.

Whilst he is right in some ways regards the media projecting events in a certain way he has to accept he will get tricky questions or even straightforward obvious questions after a shocking performance....just as he got quite friendly prompts and questions following a decent performance tonight......but still goes off on one about Covid and the media/fans not understanding.

Its clear to me he is personally struggling with the current Covid situation, being an outgoing character as he is,  not having the full interaction with his squad and having to be hands off must be hard after his time in the game.

Posted by: ska face, November 24, 2020, 11:03pm; Reply: 3
Yes, and in response to his “Rome wasn’t built in a day, and certainly not during Covid times”, he might do well to remember the effects of the Justinianic Plague.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 24, 2020, 11:06pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from moosey_club
Rant fest.

Whilst he is right in some ways regards the media projecting events in a certain way he has to accept he will get tricky questions or even straightforward obvious questions after a shocking performance....just as he got quite friendly prompts and questions following a decent performance tonight......but still goes off on one about Covid and the media/fans not understanding.

Its clear to me he is personally struggling with the current Covid situation, being an outgoing character as he is,  not having the full interaction with his squad and having to be hands off must be hard after his time in the game.

Yeah agreed.

Think he's definitely missing having fans to bounce off and it can't be easy coming to a new town, only to be locked down away from your family, friends and familiar places.

He really needs to lay off the journo's though. They are only asking basic questions the fans want answers to. It's not like he's had a real grilling from anyone, and he doesn't need to keep reminding us how hard it is during this pandemic. Give the fans some credit, most understand the difficulties. The ones who shout sh1t on social media are in the minority, so stop responding to their bile and trust that most fans know the score, especially so at our impecunious club.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 24, 2020, 11:08pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from moosey_club
Rant fest.

Pretty good assessment Moosey.
Posted by: Poojah, November 24, 2020, 11:11pm; Reply: 6
Shades of David Brent in his Flash Gordon impression early on there.
Posted by: Withnail, November 24, 2020, 11:15pm; Reply: 7
The wife thought it was listening to a spoof interview.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, November 25, 2020, 12:38am; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings
......and he doesn't need to keep reminding us how hard it is during this pandemic.

Is there a pandemic on? You never would have guessed. I wish Ollie would remind us after every game, win or lose 😋
Posted by: grimps, November 25, 2020, 3:56am; Reply: 9
Quoted from ska face
Yes, and in response to his “Rome wasn’t built in a day, and certainly not during Covid times”, he might do well to remember the effects of the Justinianic Plague.

It wasn’t built in a day but it soon burnt down in one
Posted by: aldi_01, November 25, 2020, 6:16am; Reply: 10
Spoilt child syndrome again.

He might not like journos or their approach but the same could be said for him and his football. They’re doing a job as much as him.

I’ve never really listened to post match interviews because they’re always a bit cliche but these have morphed in to something between Brent and Partridge.

Everyone is finding it difficult, that’s just how it is. We got three points, we played well in patches and some players stood up and took the bull by the horns. Praise that, shout about that and get on the bus and enjoy it.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 25, 2020, 7:09am; Reply: 11
I think he needs to stop the “do you know how hard it is”? narrative and start adding some context to these challenging times. He may start to disengage people if it hasn’t already.

At the moment he’s a football manager “hard” or “difficult” or “unfair” etc.. etc.. in my mind applies to,

- People who have lost loved ones to this.
- Front line workers
- Those who are completely isolated or suffering mentally or lonely.
- People who have relatives in care homes.
- The unemployed
- People on furlough

Yeah his job may be challenging but many people have challenging jobs (and lives) at the moment.
Posted by: TAGG, November 25, 2020, 7:28am; Reply: 12
FFS
What the intercourse is he going on about??

Why not just say what a fantastic performance it was, the fight was back and onward and upwards but no it has to be about him again.

He goes on about C19(everyone in the same boat)more than Fenty goes on about ITV Digital ffs

Wish I didn't listen to that it put a bit of a downer on what was a fantastic performance  :(
Posted by: pontoonlew, November 25, 2020, 7:53am; Reply: 13
Tonduer simply asked him if it was the same for every other club, which it is. I like Ollie and I think he’ll drag this club further than we were when he arrived by the time he leaves but I don’t agree with him on this one. Covid has affected everyone and has nothing to do with why your players got hammered last week.
Posted by: aldi_01, November 25, 2020, 8:00am; Reply: 14
It’s a football manager thing to find excuses but this is wearing thin.

I guess his ramblings are funny when he’s not your manager but when you’ve just been twatted 5-0, Saturday’s ramblings aren’t funny, last nights was bizarre too.

I understand if he wants to play it down, I mean it was a win at Crawley, we’ll take it, they all count and the goals were decent. Some good performances and at least we’re all a little happier this morning but that interview does put a dampener on it somewhat.

Covid is balderdash, it’s been a right royal pain in the bottom but the woe is me rhetoric is tiresome. There’s literally thousands who have been working throughout or been impacted in hardly a positive way by it (unless you’re a chum of a cabinet member), perhaps he could use his platform for positive, much like when he first arrived etc.
Posted by: toontown, November 25, 2020, 9:07am; Reply: 15
Bizarre interview that like a few said took the shine off a great win. Slagging off humberside for saying that we've been changing formations - we have Been! Then saying we HAD to do it to match the different formations that are played in this league - well ok then why don't the other teams have to change THEIR formation then?

Saying that journalists don't understand this and that about covid - what we all understand is that it's the same for every team. Pointing that out isn't journalists talking bull****. The difference is in how different teams have managed it.

As for saying scannell couldn't have played like that before cos of not playing for months due to covid - He played like that in the first game of the season! Scarcely heard from again since.

Anyway 3 points and a win and a good and and battling performance - should have talked about that.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 25, 2020, 9:13am; Reply: 16
Bizarre indeed! And makes him sound a little bit of a loon the way he carry's on

And what was all that only one and a half hours to train all about?!

Don't quite understand that
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 25, 2020, 9:14am; Reply: 17
Which journalist/commentator is he referring to? People saying JT, but it was Lloyd Griffith and someone else on iFollow/RH last night.

Quoted from pontoonlew
Tonduer simply asked him if it was the same for every other club, which it is. I like Ollie and I think he’ll drag this club further than we were when he arrived by the time he leaves but I don’t agree with him on this one. Covid has affected everyone and has nothing to do with why your players got hammered last week.

Yep, we got hammered last weekend because the entire team spent the entire first half walking around huffing and puffing and feeling sorry for themselves.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 25, 2020, 9:25am; Reply: 18
JT's questions are meek and mild. He's not exactly the tabloid press. I think all he asked before the explosion is "isn't it like this for everyone?", which is a reasonable question that IH could have anticipated and had a stock answer prepared for.
Posted by: davmariner, November 25, 2020, 9:32am; Reply: 19
Can we have Ben Davies for future pre and post match interviews please?
Posted by: diehardmariner, November 25, 2020, 9:37am; Reply: 20
If you're a journalist, getting an interview with Holloway is easy money isn't it?  You just point the microphone at him, ask any question and he'll spill everything.

Definitely best to take a pinch of salt with his interviews as he has always just gone on big rants.  They've become less coherent of late though and like a few others have said, he's clearly struggling with the current situation.  Seems that he's really feeling the pressure and is lashing out a little bit.  

Don't get me wrong, I find the constant Covid excuses tiring as we've all suffered from them.  Everyone else is in the same boat and everyone else is having to play Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday....in fact, enforced breaks have probably put us in a better position than a lot of clubs.  Everyone else has a squad of players who didn't play for however long, but they're all up to speed now.

For all sakes, I think it's probably best if Holloway gives the media duties to someone else for the time.
Posted by: golfer, November 25, 2020, 9:37am; Reply: 21
He likes to hear his own voice and talks a load of bull half of the time. Why not come out and say " We ( I ) got the selection right for once and hopefully we ( I ) will now be able to field a settled team and stop swapping and changing at every match. I would also like to thank the team for absolutely running their guts out and thank the fans for sticking by us  ( me ) through all the shite that we ( I ) have previously served up. Let tonights success be carried forward "
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 25, 2020, 9:41am; Reply: 22
If Ollie talks to players in the same way he talks to the press it’s a wonder they can work out what he’s talking about. Keep it simple Ollie, you’re a football manager not the messiah, you don’t have to solve every problem overnight ........ just the football ones.
Posted by: oochiad, November 25, 2020, 10:08am; Reply: 23
JTs constant negativity is what he’s on about. A little over the top but it’s got to him like it does with most managers. It’s true that if you hadn’t watched any of the games and only listened to JT you would never have thought a performance like last night was possible but in reality even after Saturday we all know that the team is capable of such performances. All about opinions of course and you have all decided he’s mad, fair enough but I don’t as JT has also got to me which is why I can’t be arsed to listen to him anymore. What a win! UTM!!!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 25, 2020, 10:24am; Reply: 24
It's fantastic that we won but. And I don't mean this to be negative but only a very few of the summer signings started last night. Great that the youth prospects are being given a chance but it looks like we got summer massively wrong.
Posted by: diehardmariner, November 25, 2020, 10:47am; Reply: 25
Preston, Rose, Scannell and Edwards were all Holloway signings this summer.  Replacing those that left (Glennon, Hessenthaler, Vernam and Clarke if you like).

Idehen was given a professional contract by Holloway and Wright was handed a new contract this summer.

So that's 6 of the 11 who are Holloway signings be it retained, brought in or promoted.

We weren't in the market for a new goalkeeper or right-back either.

Of the 7 subs, 5 are players that Holloway has brought in or promoted from the youth set-up.

I know what you're saying, you look at the likes of Bennett, Morton, Gibson, Williams, Windsor, Jackson Jnr, Sisay....and think well why did we bring them in.  But I guess that was always the plan to have a big squad but ultimately someone's got to miss out when you can only name 18 in the match day squad.
Posted by: TAGG, November 25, 2020, 11:06am; Reply: 26
Quoted from diehardmariner
If you're a journalist, getting an interview with Holloway is easy money isn't it?  You just point the microphone at him, ask any question and he'll spill everything.

Definitely best to take a pinch of salt with his interviews as he has always just gone on big rants.  They've become less coherent of late though and like a few others have said, he's clearly struggling with the current situation.  Seems that he's really feeling the pressure and is lashing out a little bit.  

Don't get me wrong, I find the constant Covid excuses tiring as we've all suffered from them.  Everyone else is in the same boat and everyone else is having to play Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday....in fact, enforced breaks have probably put us in a better position than a lot of clubs.  Everyone else has a squad of players who didn't play for however long, but they're all up to speed now.

For all sakes, I think it's probably best if Holloway gives the media duties to someone else for the time.

Totaly agree
At first he was funny but its well and truly worn off now.
He sounds like a rambling fool.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 25, 2020, 11:40am; Reply: 27
Preston, Rose, Scannell and Edwards were all Holloway signings this summer.  Replacing those that left (Glennon, Hessenthaler, Vernam and Clarke if you like).

Idehen was given a professional contract by Holloway and Wright was handed a new contract this summer.

So that's 6 of the 11 who are Holloway signings be it retained, brought in or promoted.

Of the 7 subs, 5 are players that Holloway has brought in or promoted from the youth set-up.

I know what you're saying, you look at the likes of Bennett, Morton, Gibson, Williams, Windsor, Jackson Jnr, Sisay....and think well why did we bring them in.  But I guess that was always the plan to have a big squad but ultimately someone's got to miss out when you can only name 18 in the match day squad.

Interesting that you left Mohsni out of those that appear peripheral! My point is mainly that Idehen is ahead of Mohsni, Wright is ahead of Williams and Luis Adlard is seen as a better bench option than Gibson, Jackson Jnr and Sisay. There's loads of positives in that but there's too many wasted signings in the building.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 25, 2020, 11:46am; Reply: 28
I think most if not all managers get fed up with John Tondeur's negativity.

If you listen to other "home" commentators when we play them, they are much more supportive of their team.

It is not like national media where you have to be strictly impartial is it? The local radio station should be rooting for the local teams, shouldn't they?

Being a Grimsby Town manager is not the easiest of jobs at the best of times, so a bit of support when things aren't going well would not go amiss from JT and co.

Its human nature to want to throw it back at JT and others after a win.

I think win lose or draw Ollie never really talks about the match itself, does he? He tends to drift off on a tangent and the interviewer has to try to get him back on the subject, but that is one of the things that make him unique is it not? Obviously he is a very emotional character and that is just the way it is, just like Hurst was always dour, win lose or draw.

He also has a fierce will to win and a ruthless streak, as shown by leaving people out altogether last night so leave him be I say.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, November 25, 2020, 11:47am; Reply: 29
A good job we won - lets Ollie off the hook a bit for that interview - not a "car crash" of Rudy Guiliani proportions (with hair dye running down his face) but would have needed a claim on the insurance...
Posted by: Garth, November 25, 2020, 11:59am; Reply: 30
Flash Gordon? Didn't he get arrested in Bradley Woods?
Posted by: LH, November 25, 2020, 12:25pm; Reply: 31
Man who has spent a lot of time in recent years in the media talking rubbish rages at media for talking rubbish.
Posted by: pontoonlew, November 25, 2020, 12:28pm; Reply: 32

Very harsh to include Windsor and Williams with the others
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, November 25, 2020, 12:45pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from pontoonlew

Very harsh to include Windsor and Williams with the others

Think to be fair Williams has shown ability but only in flashes and like many a town signing we need him to be more consistent and contribute positively in a higher percentage of games. Windsor appears to have faded a little after his bright start but that’s understandable and at his age he can’t be expected to be the main man up front on a regular basis.

The choice of substitutes last night, promoting a number of the academy players, is both interesting and telling. One has to believe that neither Sisay or Jackson Jnr are going to make it here as neither is getting a look in, other than reserve matches once every three weeks, and both should be fit enough now for the odd cameo appearance should they be deemed good enough.

In between the ramblings last night it is clear that Ollie is more then impressed with the quality of the players coming through the academy and one does wonder if we are in a similar position to when, in the mid to late seventies, we had the pleasure of watching so many local lads make good in one of town’s best teams in any era. Interesting times.
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), November 25, 2020, 12:51pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Think to be fair Williams has shown ability but only in flashes and like many a town signing we need him to be more consistent and contribute positively in a higher percentage of games. Windsor appears to have faded a little after his bright start but that’s understandable and at his age he can’t be expected to be the main man up front on a regular basis.

The choice of substitutes last night, promoting a number of the academy players, is both interesting and telling. One has to believe that neither Sisay or Jackson Jnr are going to make it here as neither is getting a look in, other than reserve matches once every three weeks, and both should be fit enough now for the odd cameo appearance should they be deemed good enough.

In between the ramblings last night it is clear that Ollie is more then impressed with the quality of the players coming through the academy and one does wonder if we are in a similar position to when, in the mid to late seventies, we had the pleasure of watching so many local lads make good in one of town’s best teams in any era. Interesting times.

And even if they may not turn out good enough. The balls to play them, even when under a lot of pressure is massively impressive Holloway.

The younger lads will see they have a route up into the first team. This will encourage the lads as well as all the staff who are doing an excellent job with them.

Hopefully means some will be tempted to stay and sign with us rather than go and rot in the reserves at a bigger club.

Cos of the lack of funding .... this is a brilliant strategy.  
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, November 25, 2020, 12:58pm; Reply: 35
There's a bit of naivety around Tondeur here. He's a journalist, he doesn't work for Town and he doesn't have to follow any specific type or line of questioning. It would be nice if he was a bit more positive and supportive of the club and manager but he just doesn't have to be.

Ollie is media savvy and should know better than to rise to it. Tondeur may have realised that poking the bear gets a response and he's going to keep poking it.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 25, 2020, 1:32pm; Reply: 36
JT can't win here. Every week he's criticised for not asking the questions and after a 5-1 defeat loads of fans are demanding that he gets stuck into Ollie.

He does this and he's criticised all round.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 25, 2020, 1:36pm; Reply: 37
There's a bit of naivety around Tondeur here. He's a journalist, he doesn't work for Town and he doesn't have to follow any specific type or line of questioning. It would be nice if he was a bit more positive and supportive of the club and manager but he just doesn't have to be.

Ollie is media savvy and should know better than to rise to it. Tondeur may have realised that poking the bear gets a response and he's going to keep poking it.

I agree with much you say there.

John is a decent chap, local, ex teacher and passionate about his home town club. He has been reporting and commentating on Town for longer than some posters have been on the planet so he knows a fair bit about the game and specifically about the club, probably a lot more than most Fishy folk and more than it would be prudent for him to say publicly.

But his job involves asking awkward questions if the situation requires. He is not and should never be a PR outlet for GTFC.  Personally I find he generally asks the sort of questions I would like to ask if I was there. I don't think he is poking anything or anyone, bear or not. He is simply doing his job with the best of intentions. If there is a problem it is on Ollie's side of the equation. Oversensitivity is not something a manager can afford. Ask Jolley.

Posted by: geir, November 25, 2020, 2:01pm; Reply: 38

JT is a journalist and as a journalist he is in his right to ask whatever "difficult" question he wants to. In fact, the more "difficult" his questions are - the better he is doing his job. I don`t feel he is too critical or asks too difficult questions. If you believe so, you should have seen some of the things that my local football team journalists asks... and you would say that every manager in Grimsby and the club has been treated very well.
On the other hand: it is up to the interview subject if he wants to answer the questions he is getting - you always have the choice to say "no comment" and so on.
I love to listen to Holloway`s press conferences, and when he starts rambling on outside the subject I am reminded that the lines between madness and genius are very thin indeed. But that`s why the media and most supporters find him a great manager, I guess?

Holloway IN! Up the Mariners!
Posted by: TonySmith, November 25, 2020, 2:30pm; Reply: 39
    It's getting a bit old now for Ollie to go on and on about coronavirus in every interview, win, lose, or draw. I think we all understand the difficulties and frustrations he is dealing with at this point, and some of that has more to do with GTFC's location and budget than Covid. That's the same issue that all Town managers have to deal with and will have to continue to deal with unless and until a sugar daddy comes along. He has taken on a very challenging job and Covid has only made it harder. We understand this. There should be no fitness excuses at this point though. Any players who are not injured but not fit enough yet are probably never going to be fit enough.

He's not the first manager to give a combative interview after a heavy defeat ( Michael Jolley knows all about that!) but he might be the first to give a combative interview after a good away win. Last night would have been the perfect opportunity for him just to focus on the team and their efforts. Scannell looked like the player we hoped we were getting and the winning goal was beautifully set up and well taken by Max Wright. So come on Ollie, let's have an interview that focuses on the football!
Posted by: ginnywings, November 25, 2020, 11:41pm; Reply: 40
For a bit of balance, and to be fair to IH, it does seem that we are definitely more affected by covid than the majority of other teams are. We have a board that take financial prudence to the extreme and he had the double whammy of losing a good chunk of last years squad that he would have retained, and not getting the experienced players he wanted for this season, due to our insistence on trimming everything to the bone and adding the covid clause to contract negotiations in case the season never got underway. There was also the introduction of the salary cap on top of all that, although we did state that the cap was wanted and would be the amount we went with regardless. There now being no chance of extending the budget even if we wanted, to get us out of a hole. The alarm bells started ringing when we allowed Vernam to move on despite having an extension clause.

What we did could have worked in our favour had the season been scrapped, while others would have struggled more with bigger wage bills and no income. As it turned out, all this transpired to leave us with a hastily put together squad of inexperienced and unfit players, added to which we have had injuries to key players. A bit of a perfect storm of circumstances.

A lot of the other sides already had well developed squads in place and didn't have the covid clause, which made it easier for them to add to what they already had.

I think IH is trying to say that we/they got it wrong without actually saying we got it wrong. Hopefully, we will now start to perform a bit better and climb the table, with some more experienced players on the horizon, strengthening us even more.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 26, 2020, 12:12am; Reply: 41
Holloway needs to realise it’s a journalists job to ask questions. Simple. Struck me as unnecessarily angry last night. If JT has his tongue up Holloway’sarse when we performed badly people would soon be moaning.

I know JT can come over all Eeyorish on the commentary, but IH needs to suck up the questions and get on with making sure he doesn’t get asked difficult questions in the first place.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, November 26, 2020, 12:32am; Reply: 42
Slade, Jolley and now Holloway. Doesn't seem to matter which manager it is.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, November 26, 2020, 8:47am; Reply: 43
Quoted from ginnywings
For a bit of balance, and to be fair to IH, it does seem that we are definitely more affected by covid than the majority of other teams are. We have a board that take financial prudence to the extreme and he had the double whammy of losing a good chunk of last years squad that he would have retained, and not getting the experienced players he wanted for this season, due to our insistence on trimming everything to the bone and adding the covid clause to contract negotiations in case the season never got underway. There was also the introduction of the salary cap on top of all that, although we did state that the cap was wanted and would be the amount we went with regardless. There now being no chance of extending the budget even if we wanted, to get us out of a hole. The alarm bells started ringing when we allowed Vernam to move on despite having an extension clause.

What we did could have worked in our favour had the season been scrapped, while others would have struggled more with bigger wage bills and no income. As it turned out, all this transpired to leave us with a hastily put together squad of inexperienced and unfit players, added to which we have had injuries to key players. A bit of a perfect storm of circumstances.

A lot of the other sides already had well developed squads in place and didn't have the covid clause, which made it easier for them to add to what they already had.

I think IH is trying to say that we/they got it wrong without actually saying we got it wrong. Hopefully, we will now start to perform a bit better and climb the table, with some more experienced players on the horizon, strengthening us even more.

I agree. We are one of the worst-hit in this league - relatively good crowds and ticket revenues for this level and without a sugar daddy on the Board like Mansfield, the Veggies and Scunny, that means we've lost more income than those clubs because a higher proportion comes through the turnstiles...

Posted by: Garth, November 26, 2020, 9:43am; Reply: 44
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

That's because they see themselves as blameless when results go wrong, its always someone/thing else's fault when the results and performances are crap.
JT is correct in asking the questions we would ask if we could
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 26, 2020, 10:26am; Reply: 45
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

I wonder if it’s the culture at Grimsby Town. You know this feeling that the media, especially BBC Radio Humberside, is the enemy and it’s OK to have a go at them.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 26, 2020, 12:13pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from oochiad
JTs constant negativity is what he’s on about. A little over the top but it’s got to him like it does with most managers. It’s true that if you hadn’t watched any of the games and only listened to JT you would never have thought a performance like last night was possible but in reality even after Saturday we all know that the team is capable of such performances. All about opinions of course and you have all decided he’s mad, fair enough but I don’t as JT has also got to me which is why I can’t be arsed to listen to him anymore. What a win! UTM!!!

Finally, someone with the balderdash to say it as it is. I like JT as a person don’t get me wrong, as a commentator it’s hard to fathom when we’ve scored, he’s more vocal when the other team is on the attack.
Posted by: Posh Harry, November 27, 2020, 7:31am; Reply: 47
Quoted from ginnywings

Damn you Ginny. Damn you and your well balanced, well thought out posts 😡😉
Posted by: denni266, November 27, 2020, 7:38am; Reply: 48
TBF. JT askes questions that most fans want answers to , and if Ollie dont like it he should not do the interviews . I stoped listening to him ages ago , cannot be doing with his silly ramblings , its like standing out side Rampton .. Dont know if Ollie is going to be a good manager for us or not as he is used to having money to spend on players , its a whole new ball game trying to  turn young and inexperianced players in to league players that are good.. I like the thought of home grown players stepping up and younger players but it will not be an excuse for failure and get him off the hook when we are struggling . The managers job is to get a team that wins  end of.  We are not an experiment
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 27, 2020, 11:07am; Reply: 49
Quoted from Garth

That's because they see themselves as blameless when results go wrong, its always someone/thing else's fault when the results and performances are crap.
JT is correct in asking the questions we would ask if we could

Pretty much every time we lose, Holloway takes responsibility.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 9:46am