Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, November 23, 2020, 10:08pm
Can anyone help Ian, who says:  "Everton fan looking for video/DVD of League cup game 1984, you won 1. 0 Wilkinson scored, only seen goal, I'd like to see whole game or highlights,"

Well Ian, you can watch it on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-GRH2VBOSw&t=60s

but has anyone got a better copy?
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, November 23, 2020, 10:30pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from GrimRob
Can anyone help Ian, who says:  "Everton fan looking for video/DVD of League cup game 1984, you won 1. 0 Wilkinson scored, only seen goal, I'd like to see whole game or highlights,"

Just tell him that for 89 minutes the ball was pinging around the Grimsby penalty box with legs, heads and bodies blocking Everton shots from all angles, for the ones that got through Nigel Batch performed a series of amazing saves, and then Grimsby scored. That about sums it up...

Posted by: arryarryarry, November 24, 2020, 1:51am; Reply: 2
Quoted from GrimRob

As someone who has most of the old highlights videos I asked this very question some years ago. My understanding was that the match master copy (and we are talking VHS videos) was given to I think Alec King in the days after the game as if I remember correctly there was a showing one evening at the ground for fans to pay and watch it. That master copy then vanished and those clips you see on youtube are a copy or second copy of the master hence the poor quality.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 24, 2020, 1:55am; Reply: 3
Quoted from arryarryarry

As someone who has most of the old highlights videos I asked this very question some years ago. My understanding was that the match master copy (and we are talking VHS videos) was given to I think Alec King in the days after the game as if I remember correctly there was a showing one evening at the ground for fans to pay and watch it. That master copy then vanished and those clips you see on youtube are a copy or second copy of the master hence the poor quality.

PS I can't remember who it was I asked but if there was a better quality copy out there the only person who might have it would likely be the legendary Roly Godfrey.
Posted by: Brazilnut, November 24, 2020, 9:19am; Reply: 4
I passed a copy of Roly's video transferred onto dvd to Ian barralad last year sometime when i passed a load of memorabilia onto him for  the trust ...it wasnt the best quality  but it was nice to watch every now and again
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 24, 2020, 10:42am; Reply: 5
I can still pick me out jumping off the barrier at the back of the stand when the goal goes in.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 24, 2020, 12:41pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from arryarryarry

The only league match I’ve never seen highlights of, is the 0-0 away draw at Stoke in 91

Dont suppose........
Posted by: Madeleymariner, November 24, 2020, 3:17pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

The only league match I’ve never seen highlights of, is the 0-0 away draw at Stoke in 91

Dont suppose........

From what I remember of that game the only highlight was the Stokies pitch invasion at the end.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, November 24, 2020, 4:20pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Madeleymariner

From what I remember of that game the only highlight was the Stokies pitch invasion at the end.

For a short time that looked like it was going to get very ugly......
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 24, 2020, 4:31pm; Reply: 9
How many L 2 clubs can say we have won at Everton  Liverpool  Chelsea Man City to name just a few.

AND

Beaten Wolves 5-1. Man City 4-1 Chelsea 2-0  Spurs and many more in my lifetime.

We have fallen a long way in the last 20 years but we can get back up there beating the best and we will.

Just watch us go when we get started. ;D
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 24, 2020, 4:39pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from grimsby pete
How many L 2 clubs can say we have won at Everton  Liverpool  Chelsea Man City to name just a few.

AND

Beaten Wolves 5-1. Man City 4-1 Chelsea 2-0  Spurs and many more in my lifetime.

We have fallen a long way in the last 20 years but we can get back up there beating the best and we will.

Can I have some of what you have been smoking Pete😉
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 24, 2020, 6:54pm; Reply: 11

For a short time that looked like it was going to get very ugly......

Til the Town fans started regaling them with “You’ve lost that loving feeling” or was it “Unchained Melody”?
The WPC next to us was pissing herself and we even got her joining in.
Posted by: Humbercod, November 24, 2020, 7:19pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from arryarryarry

PS I can't remember who it was I asked but if there was a better quality copy out there the only person who might have it would likely be the legendary Roly Godfrey.

Is Roly still on the go?
Posted by: Humbercod, November 24, 2020, 7:21pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Til the Town fans started regaling them with “You’ve lost that loving feeling” or was it “Unchained Melody”?

Always look on the bright side of life!
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, November 24, 2020, 9:14pm; Reply: 14
That was hilarious that was
Posted by: NorfolkImp, November 25, 2020, 10:30am; Reply: 15
Quoted from grimsby pete

AND

Just watch us go when we get started.
;D

I just spat my morning Coffee with Oat milk & a Vanilla shot out ...... (lff3)(lff3)(lff3)
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 25, 2020, 1:24pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Humbercod

Is Roly still on the go?

I haven't heard anything to suggest he isn't :)
Posted by: Caveman, November 25, 2020, 3:57pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from grimsby pete

AND

Pete.  

You're beginning to sound like the Chairman !
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 5:25pm