Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 21, 2020, 5:48pm
Ludwig and Moshni
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 21, 2020, 5:51pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Ludwig and Moshni

What has Öhman done to deserve that? Not great but puts in a shift. And brave.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 21, 2020, 5:52pm; Reply: 2
IH likes ludvig. Must be wages
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, November 21, 2020, 5:53pm; Reply: 3
Obviously our defence is good enough to let Ludo go?
Mohseni never regained fitness so no loss there
Posted by: 1098 (Guest), November 21, 2020, 5:53pm; Reply: 4
Surely he can't of got rid of moshni "his van dyke"
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 21, 2020, 5:53pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It’s not like we’ve got lots of CB options to back up Pollock and Waterfall.
Posted by: Perkins, November 21, 2020, 5:54pm; Reply: 6
Surprised and a bit sad about Ohman, thought he showed more passion in his game than nearly all of todays players put together. Good luck Ludwig wherever you go.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 21, 2020, 5:54pm; Reply: 7

If I was Ohman I'd be over the moon.

Posted by: Madeleymariner, November 21, 2020, 5:56pm; Reply: 8
Yes cant believe he let Ludvig go, not our best defender but gave his all every game unlike half the players Ollie has signed that seem to just stroll around :o
Posted by: Croxton, November 21, 2020, 5:58pm; Reply: 9
Too many daft free kicks. Very brave and never hid. Possible chance to get a club for start of season in Sweden.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 21, 2020, 6:00pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from 1098

Obviously confused with male private etc etc.
Posted by: 1098 (Guest), November 21, 2020, 6:00pm; Reply: 11
Must only be coz ohman was on a good wage, frees him to get set up in Sweden before their season starts up again soon..never felt we saw the best of him due to injuries/suspensions
Posted by: Teesknees, November 21, 2020, 6:02pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 1098

Di ck Van Dyke!
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, November 21, 2020, 6:06pm; Reply: 13
Ohman a bit hit and miss, gives away far too many fouls but was always willing to put his head where it hurts. Bet he's probably got something else liked up.

Moshini well never played, IH says he can't get fit so effectively useless.
Posted by: Teestogreen, November 21, 2020, 6:12pm; Reply: 14
So presumably Town will sign a couple more experienced but fit footballers to challenge the current team incumbents? (In a couple of months)
Posted by: forza ivano, November 21, 2020, 6:18pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Teestogreen
So presumably Town will sign a couple more experienced but fit footballers to challenge the current team incumbents? (In a couple of months)

More likely we will sign 2 experienced out of contract players who then need 2 months to get fit enough to play😂😂
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, November 21, 2020, 6:20pm; Reply: 16
For all we know, Ohman may have requested to leave, which has only helped Ollie to start the cull. Shove Mohsni on the back of that decision and away we go.

2 down and I reckon another 6 to go. Among those I think Ollie has come to his senses and realised that Hanson will never play regularly for us again, as good as he says he is, so I reckon he is lined up for the old heave-ho come January.

Im just wondering how many other teams will have a mid season clear out of all the wheat and chaff signed for this season.
Posted by: Teestogreen, November 21, 2020, 6:21pm; Reply: 17
Thanks for putting some perspective on that Forza 😂
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, November 21, 2020, 6:22pm; Reply: 18
Don’t think we should treat Ollie like an idiot. It’s not working at present but we should have confidence that he will turn it, albeit slowe than any of us want
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, November 21, 2020, 6:29pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from forza ivano
More likely we will sign 2 experienced out of contract players who then need 2 months to get fit enough to play😂😂

Agree. People seem to think that

a) there are suitably experienced players out there just looking for a club (free agents)
b) if they were out there, if they were any good they would have been snapped up already
c) how many players without a club will have kept themselves match fit?
d) not all players want to play for Grimsby.......sadly we have found that out too many times already.

To misquote Ollie "I didnt think it would be this difficult getting players to sign for Grimsby"

Unless the Board and/or Ollie decide on the in/out ratio, it could be 2 out, 1 in, but keep remembering PD's interview where he clearly stated that any transfers would only happen on a 1 in, 1 out basis.

Unless they dip into their ever deepening pockets and BUY players from other teams who are already match fit, they will only end up with an even larger group of underperforming players.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, November 21, 2020, 6:30pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Don’t think we should treat Ollie like an idiot. It’s not working at present but we should have confidence that he will turn it, albeit slowe than any of us want

This in spades, he clearly knows it's not working and is looking to address this. Fair play to him I say he's fronting up, not hiding and most importantly acting decisively. I still have confidence he will get it right.
Posted by: psgmariner, November 21, 2020, 6:38pm; Reply: 21
Did Ohman ever score first?
Posted by: Ipswin, November 21, 2020, 6:39pm; Reply: 22

Im just wondering how many other teams will have a mid season clear out of all the wheat and chaff signed for this season.

Possibly and we'll probably sign them

Posted by: Teestogreen, November 21, 2020, 6:42pm; Reply: 23
Does Ollie think the fans are idiots? They (in the main) certainly are not.
I feel slightly sorry for the goalkeeper / back 4 as it does seem they are being told to play out from the back - because the midfield / front personnel are not very good - and changes are being made in those areas nearly every game. It seems there is no confidence in the ability of the personnel playing in those areas.
People in the back four goalkeeper positions are proving that they are not skilful enough to play out from the back - mistakes costing goals every match.
This has - to me - become a management issue - in terms of enforcing hoofball out of defence. Don’t like it - but I think that’s where we are.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, November 21, 2020, 6:50pm; Reply: 24
Agree, anotrher goal today as Macca fails with a 25yrd chip to our left back leading to a corner then goal. The guy cant pass a ball so why play in that style.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, November 21, 2020, 7:30pm; Reply: 25
After todays debarcle maybe Ollie has threatened every last one of his players that he would get rid of them in the blink of an eye if they continually fail to play any better than a Sunday league team on the Ploggers.

If their professional career is at risk, maybe......just maybe......they may buck their ideas up.
Posted by: mimma, November 21, 2020, 7:36pm; Reply: 26
Do you change the way you want to play to accommodate your keeper, or do you change the keeper for one that can play how you want him to?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 21, 2020, 8:15pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from mimma
Do you change the way you want to play to accommodate your keeper, or do you change the keeper for one that can play how you want him to?

Not much we can do about the second option until January
Posted by: ginnywings, November 21, 2020, 9:00pm; Reply: 28

Not much we can do about the second option until January

Plenty of free agents out there. Covid could work in our favour here.  ::)

Not fussed at losing either of these two if I'm honest.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, November 21, 2020, 10:43pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from ginnywings

Plenty of free agents out there. Covid could work in our favour here.  ::)

Not fussed at losing either of these two if I'm honest.

I agree also believe, like others have said that Ohman probably wants to return to Sweden and get himself sorted for the start of their season. He will need replaced with ideally an experienced centre back.

Unfortunately, for the lads signed from non- league on one year contracts I can see their stay at the club being all too brief and two or three will move on without ever getting a chance to show their worth. I would also return Gomis, Morton and Bennett, if agreements allow and if funds available pay off Green.

Whilst a Hanson replacement is also a must the real requirement is in midfield as we seem to be outplayed in this area every week. Ridiculous to be talking like this after a dozen games but mistakes have been made, appear to have been accepted and now must be corrected so any new players are here at the start of January. Only stumbling block may be the £1.5m salary cap not sure how paying up players and signing new ones works in relation to this.
Posted by: chrissy, November 21, 2020, 10:56pm; Reply: 30
If the stories are true that Hanson and Green are the big earners I would add Ohman  to that list as he did not come from Sweden to play for peanuts.

If we can pay them off at a reduced rate it would still leave a bit of money to find their replacements.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 21, 2020, 11:24pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Ohman a bit hit and miss, gives away far too many fouls but was always willing to put his head where it hurts. Bet he's probably got something else liked up.

Moshini well never played, IH says he can't get fit so effectively useless.

He has hardly played this season yet we continually give away free kicks.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 21, 2020, 11:53pm; Reply: 32
If Pollock or Waterfall broke a leg on Tuesday it could be a long old December.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 21, 2020, 11:59pm; Reply: 33
Wouldn't we be allowed an emergency loan in that instance?
Posted by: Bigdog, November 22, 2020, 12:03am; Reply: 34
We had three very similar centre halves who are all great in the air, strong in the tackle, slow as fook, give fouls away far too often and can't pass the ball to save their lives. We had to get rid of at least one of them (not Pollock)..
Posted by: Norseman, November 22, 2020, 12:25am; Reply: 35
Idehen has looked OK when he's come in and hendrie can play CB also
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 22, 2020, 12:32am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Bigdog
We had three very similar centre halves who are all great in the air, strong in the tackle, slow as fook, give fouls away far too often and can't pass the ball to save their lives. We had to get rid of at least one of them (not Pollock)..

Pollock and Waterfall can pass it decently. Agree about being slow and strong in the tackle. Think Öhman going leaves us light in that department. Good, quick central defenders who can pick out a pass don’t grow on trees.
Posted by: forza ivano, November 22, 2020, 2:20am; Reply: 37
I've felt for several months that holloway has recognised a player in idehen and he is being lined up as pollocks replacement
Posted by: Mayaman, November 22, 2020, 9:02am; Reply: 38
The playing out from the back is evidently not working but to be fair to the defenders, it's difficult to pay out form the back if your midfield is useless. We need a real play maker and we need an inspirational midfielder or Groves  / Dis stature.
Posted by: Croxton, November 22, 2020, 10:13am; Reply: 39
Quoted from Mayaman
The playing out from the back is evidently not working but to be fair to the defenders, it's difficult to pay out form the back if your midfield is useless. We need a real play maker and we need an inspirational midfielder or Groves  / Dis stature.

We also need more physicality to compete for second balls and pressing opposing defences. Too many of our players were  bouncing off Tranmere's and Hull's more experienced and athletic squad. Spokes tries hard but lacks touch and experience. At L2 level, smaller players have to be very skilful, quick or be able to judge when to challenge or simply cover the space by tracking back.
Edwards has some of these qualities and Wright is learning. Tilley, Windsor and Gibson will improve in these ball winning skills but have to learn quickly. I would keep Bennet for his experience but give up on Scannell.

Whoever Olly keeps, the emphasis has to be on the basics rather than grandiose schemes of 'building an identity'
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 22, 2020, 2:44pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Mayaman

Yes because players like Paul Groves come along all the time . We’re a crap L2 team with no money ffs
Posted by: topuphere666, November 22, 2020, 5:00pm; Reply: 41
Interestingly Mohsni has created a Twitter account very recently, follows the club and states he plays for us in his bio...
Posted by: aldi_01, November 22, 2020, 5:15pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from topuphere666
Interestingly Mohsni has created a Twitter account very recently, follows the club and states he plays for us in his bio...

His social media is about as timely as the clubs haha...
Posted by: fishboyUTM, November 22, 2020, 5:19pm; Reply: 43
Personally, I had lost patience with Ohman. He's 29 years old and keeps making the same mistake time and time and time again. He has to win EVERY ball, even when it is not winnable. Sometimes you have to let the opposition have the ball, back off and cover him. Every single time he goes through the back of his player. Can't fault his bravery but he's also very stupid and shows no sign of learning at all. Also gets turned far too easily as he gets too tight, similar to problem number one. Shame as I thought he was going to be brilliant for us early on, right decision by IH.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 22, 2020, 6:16pm; Reply: 44
Mohsni saying on twitter he has not left
Posted by: topuphere666, November 22, 2020, 6:31pm; Reply: 45
So what I posted earlier was linked - he’s now said he hasn’t left the club.
Posted by: Chrisblor, November 22, 2020, 6:35pm; Reply: 46
lmao properly tinpot stuff this. might be best if holloway didn't bother announcing signings and departures in his interviews and left it up to the club to do it going forward
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 22, 2020, 6:37pm; Reply: 47
We’re in danger of making ourselves look a bit silly.
Posted by: Stadium, November 22, 2020, 6:38pm; Reply: 48
Embarrassing yet again all round.

I have not left Grimsby Town FC, I am still contracted and feeling great and fit.
I get on with my team mates very well so there is no issue what so ever.
See you tomorrow at cheapside .
Posted by: Boris Johnson, November 22, 2020, 6:39pm; Reply: 49
what a flipping farce this club has become.....
Posted by: topuphere666, November 22, 2020, 6:39pm; Reply: 50
His scooter looks decent though 😂
Posted by: Hagrid, November 22, 2020, 6:39pm; Reply: 51
He has not put a video to confirm its him, will be at cheapside tomorrow on his scooter
Posted by: Stadium, November 22, 2020, 6:40pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Hagrid
He has not put a video to confirm its him, will be at cheapside tomorrow on his scooter

Haha.

What a farce and what a scooter.
Posted by: Henryscat, November 22, 2020, 6:51pm; Reply: 53
https://twitter.com/bilel_mohsni/status/1330579398542700545?s=21
Posted by: aldi_01, November 22, 2020, 6:54pm; Reply: 54
Is he related to Doig?
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, November 22, 2020, 6:58pm; Reply: 55
WTF is going on
Posted by: Hagrid, November 22, 2020, 7:00pm; Reply: 56
Love his scooter but seriously wtf is going on. Holloway 100% said “ 2 went yesterday, as in left. Bilel and Ludvig
Posted by: MaccasBoots, November 22, 2020, 7:00pm; Reply: 57
Really don't like this, has the feeling of a dressing room coup to me.
Posted by: Henryscat, November 22, 2020, 7:04pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Hagrid
Love his scooter but seriously wtf is going on. Holloway 100% said “ 2 went yesterday, as in left. Bilel and Ludvig

Is there footage of Ollie saying it or just reported by the telewag?
Posted by: Hagrid, November 22, 2020, 7:06pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Henryscat

Yeah RH Interview
Posted by: mirrorballman, November 22, 2020, 7:06pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Henryscat

He said it on air to JT after game. Don't have the link, sorry but it will be on the RH site.
Posted by: Henryscat, November 22, 2020, 7:15pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from mirrorballman

He said it on air to JT after game. Don't have the link, sorry but it will be on the RH site.

Didn’t hear it. Was too annoyed.

Doesn’t bode well if he’s said it.
Posted by: gytone, November 22, 2020, 7:18pm; Reply: 62
Also begs the question that if he is fit and ready why hasn't he been given a chance, he's got good pedigree, certainly got a bit of fight in him and surely can't do any worse.
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 22, 2020, 7:25pm; Reply: 63
Just realised that when he said “ see you at cheapside” how apt the name fits town over the last few years, probably should change the name, anyone got any ideas?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 22, 2020, 7:28pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from Gaffer58
Just realised that when he said “ see you at cheapside” how apt the name fits town over the last few years, probably should change the name, anyone got any ideas?

The Killing (hope) Fields
Posted by: Stadium, November 22, 2020, 7:31pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Henryscat

Quotes in the GT yesterday.

“He didn’t make it because I’ve got some standards I want to keep to, and I shouldn’t have signed him, I got that wrong, so I’ve let him go and I want to help him try and get somewhere else if I can,” Holloway said."
Posted by: ginnywings, November 22, 2020, 7:40pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Stadium

Quotes in the GT yesterday.

“He didn’t make it because I’ve got some standards I want to keep to, and I shouldn’t have signed him, I got that wrong, so I’ve let him go and I want to help him try and get somewhere else if I can,” Holloway said."

So maybe he's just training with us until he can get fixed up elsewhere and there's no story here.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, November 22, 2020, 7:43pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from ginnywings

So maybe he's just training with us until he can get fixed up elsewhere and there's no story here.

Possible... but why go on Twitter then?

All very fishy
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 22, 2020, 7:47pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Gaffer58

I raised this point a while ago when one of our new signings was photographed in front of the sign "Welcome to Cheapside." Its like a comedy show. Is it beyond the wit of man to forsee how it looks? We could have called it anything "The GTFC Waltham Academy" or Waltham Training Complex, but no of course we name it after the bloody name of the road.

Although it is a small matter in the great scheme of things, it just emphasises the complete lack of attention to detail or foresight in any direction you care to look.
Posted by: Teestogreen, November 22, 2020, 8:13pm; Reply: 69
I have already said that Brigsley Top would be a better link - and also to make the players run there every day - photo the trig point to prove it
UTM
Posted by: Teestogreen, November 22, 2020, 9:18pm; Reply: 70
Just read a load of words attributed to Ollie in terms of where we are with this team. His massive management skills - he now needs to call on - (and he needs help imo)
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 1:18pm