Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, October 30, 2020, 9:31am
Very strange that there was no 'Press Day' yesterday, nothing from the Grimsby Telegraph about tomorrows match. No team new, no injury news, nothing anywhere?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 30, 2020, 9:34am; Reply: 1
It'll be today think with no training Wednesday, Ollie wouldn't want bothering yesterday and requested the press conference be done today
Posted by: denni266, October 30, 2020, 9:50am; Reply: 2
I was thinking the same . we live in strange times at the moment , But this is unusual , we usually get some sort of news coming out the club.
Posted by: wuffing, October 30, 2020, 9:55am; Reply: 3
If you think that's strange, wait till they roll out the pandemic story of a virus that can survive for months and months and months, shutting down society as we know it, absolutely ruining lives, causing countless suicides, multiplying mental health problems thousand folds, robbing thousands of elderly their last rites and dying in horrible isolation in 'care' homes. You just wait......oh!
Posted by: oochiad, October 30, 2020, 10:23am; Reply: 4
Maybe they’ve read the ‘can’t listen to Ollie’ thread.........It would urine me off....
Posted by: Poojah, October 30, 2020, 10:28am; Reply: 5
Quoted from wuffing
If you think that's strange, wait till they roll out the pandemic story of a virus that can survive for months and months and months, shutting down society as we know it, absolutely ruining lives, causing countless suicides, multiplying mental health problems thousand folds, robbing thousands of elderly their last rites and dying in horrible isolation in 'care' homes. You just wait......oh!

Sounds like a good script for a film that. Thank Christ these things never happen in real life.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, October 30, 2020, 1:50pm; Reply: 6
They had an extra day off yesterday.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, October 30, 2020, 2:46pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ivanosandwich
They had an extra day off yesterday.

Coronavirus, death and disease or the Town players?
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 30, 2020, 3:07pm; Reply: 8
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08wx5j9

Not a bad interview. no mention of Covid or Trump.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, October 30, 2020, 10:08pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from arryarryarry
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08wx5j9

Not a bad interview. no mention of Covid or Trump.

I'm peed off with that. I have Covid, Trump and injuries on my weekly Ollie Bingo card.
Posted by: Zmariner, October 31, 2020, 12:24am; Reply: 10
Clear ,informative interview. Agree with him some decent players , just too many injuries utm
Posted by: LH, October 31, 2020, 12:28am; Reply: 11
It’s strange how some people didn’t give two shites about mental health until they weren’t able to go to the pub for a few weeks isn’t it?
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 31, 2020, 12:44am; Reply: 12
Quoted from LH
It’s strange how some people didn’t give two shites about mental health until they weren’t able to go to the pub for a few weeks isn’t it?

Yep !!
Posted by: HistonMariner, October 31, 2020, 3:59am; Reply: 13
Ollie wears his heart on his sleeve because of this he can be viewed as being up and down, like a pair of tarts draws.
Overall, I’ll take the rough with the smooth because.I think he’s genuine. QPR supporters I know say, “ that’s just him, he often leads with the heart BUT the head does operate and it will kick in”

We criticised Shorty for being dull, we criticised Jolley for being formulaic, in many ways I wish we could go back and not listen to a weekly regurgitation of the same questions.  The reason we talk of Shankly, Clough, Docherty is because they were exceptional.  At the time there were 89 other managers who we never mention.

On balance I’ll take Ollie.  I like his oddities. It makes him appear normal.  It makes him appear like one of us - he has good days, he has bad days.  He gets it right sometimes, he gets it wrong sometimes but I think he gets it more right than wrong and therefore, ‘in Ollie I trust’
Posted by: rancido, October 31, 2020, 12:24pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from HistonMariner
Ollie wears his heart on his sleeve because of this he can be viewed as being up and down, like a pair of tarts draws.
Overall, I’ll take the rough with the smooth because.I think he’s genuine. QPR supporters I know say, “ that’s just him, he often leads with the heart BUT the head does operate and it will kick in”

We criticised Shorty for being dull, we criticised Jolley for being formulaic, in many ways I wish we could go back and not listen to a weekly regurgitation of the same questions.  The reason we talk of Shankly, Clough, Docherty is because they were exceptional. At the time there were 89 other managers who we never mention.

On balance I’ll take Ollie.  I like his oddities. It makes him appear normal.  It makes him appear like one of us - he has good days, he has bad days.  He gets it right sometimes, he gets it wrong sometimes but I think he gets it more right than wrong and therefore, ‘in Ollie I trust’

That's a fair point but they lived in a time when they weren't constantly interviewed and everything they said wasn't constantly scrutinised by a very media driven world.
Posted by: HistonMariner, October 31, 2020, 9:36pm; Reply: 15
Have I missed the post match interview ?   If there hasn’t been one that seems “Very Strange” in this day and age.

UTMM
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 6:08am