Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 30, 2020, 9:17am
Very sad to see that Tony Gale has passed away at his home in the US aged only 56. Many folks will remember Tony from local football in the 80s when he played for the original Clee Town and Clee Juniors and for Town Juniors and Reserves in the days of Dave Booth and Chris Nichol. Tony’s whole family were involved in football. Condolences to them.

[url] https://funeral-notices.co.uk/notice/gale/4886553[/url]
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, October 30, 2020, 11:28am; Reply: 1
R.I.P. Tony
Played alongside Tony for Toll Bar school. Brilliant player.
Posted by: wuffing, October 30, 2020, 12:07pm; Reply: 2
RIP Tony
Posted by: petethemariner, October 30, 2020, 2:13pm; Reply: 3
Played against Tony countless times when he played for that excellent College Sunday team, he formed part of a top class midfield pairing with Graham Thompson and he was a  fine player and nice lad.
Taken far too soon.
RIP
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, October 30, 2020, 2:38pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from moss_side_mariner
R.I.P. Tony
Played alongside Tony for Toll Bar school. Brilliant player.

We can't be far apart - I was at Toll Bar 1979-86 and played with Paul Wilkinson and George Kerr's son, Gary and Andy Usher who played for Clee as well. Great team.

I know the name Tony Gale but can't place him. Even so, very sad to see the lad has passed.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 30, 2020, 2:39pm; Reply: 5
Did not know him but did know of him.

RIP Tony gone too soon.
Posted by: A.l.f., October 30, 2020, 7:04pm; Reply: 6
Very sad - played against him a few times.  A very silky skilful player and nice lad too.  
Posted by: Hants.Mariner, October 30, 2020, 10:19pm; Reply: 7
Was in the year below me at Toll Bar and he played in a very good school team with Paul Wilkinson. To be honest if you had said at the time one player from that team was going to have a top professional career then Tony Gale would have been top of the list.
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, October 31, 2020, 5:32am; Reply: 8

We can't be far apart - I was at Toll Bar 1979-86 and played with Paul Wilkinson and George Kerr's son, Gary and Andy Usher who played for Clee as well. Great team.

I know the name Tony Gale but can't place him. Even so, very sad to see the lad has passed.

We would have just missed each other. I was only there for the first year 76/77 before moving to Harold Street.
Posted by: codcheeky, October 31, 2020, 5:45am; Reply: 9
Very sad to hear, knew him and played in the same team when we were at Grimsby Boys and always had a chat when we played against each other through later years. Very good player and very nice person, much too young to go and my heart goes out to his family, RIP
Posted by: ivanosandwich, October 31, 2020, 2:02pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

We would have just missed each other. I was only there for the first year 76/77 before moving to Harold Street.

I did the same.
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 6:30pm