Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, October 27, 2020, 1:17pm
The Scunts have cancelled their next 3 games due to the rise in numbers of Covid cases

https://twitter.com/mattdeanbbc/status/1321069992612384769
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, October 27, 2020, 1:23pm; Reply: 1
https://twitter.com/EFL_Comms/status/1321074249331855361/photo/1
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 27, 2020, 1:35pm; Reply: 2

Can't see the season finishing myself at this rate.

Stop it now and use the current league table for promotion and relegation   8)
Posted by: Ipswin, October 27, 2020, 1:39pm; Reply: 3
At least they'll go unbeaten for a month
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, October 27, 2020, 1:44pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Ipswin
At least they'll go unbeaten for a month

Lets all support Southend for the next 3 games and hope beyond all hope that Scunny hit 92nd place and stay there.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, October 27, 2020, 1:47pm; Reply: 5
#UTI

UTI is a medical abbreviation for Urinary Tract Infection.

Just saying....
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, October 27, 2020, 1:56pm; Reply: 6
#UTI

Just saying....

Oh come on........you're taking the p!ss now.......................................or not depending in the infection

Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, October 27, 2020, 1:56pm; Reply: 7

Oh come on........you're taking the p!ss now.......................................or not depending in the infection

That stung.
Posted by: Henryscat, October 27, 2020, 2:03pm; Reply: 8
#UTI

Just saying....

That irritating girl private has been quiet recently. Mind the gap
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 27, 2020, 2:15pm; Reply: 9
I'm getting seriously worried about our friend Lincs Iron Man. Last heard of the afternoon before our win at Cheltenham,

He must be seriously worried about his teams current "plight".

We should send out a search party for him to make sure he's safe and sound and minding that gap!  ;)
Posted by: Heisenberg, October 27, 2020, 2:20pm; Reply: 10

Lets all support Southend for the next 3 games and hope beyond all hope that Scunny hit 92nd place and stay there.

I’d actually be very happy if Southend were still bottom by the time of scunny’s next game, as we normally need one or two
Whipping boys below us. We are far from out of the woods yet ourselves.

Scunny to be relegated would make me delirious, but Southend and Stevenage instead would still make me happy. Anyone but us. We’ve been there before, please never again.....
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, October 27, 2020, 2:21pm; Reply: 11
We should remember that our Covid break did us a favour. Let's hope that isn't the case for our six fingered chums looming out of the steelworks smog.
Posted by: NorfolkImp, October 27, 2020, 3:03pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from promotion plaice

Can't see the season finishing myself at this rate.

Stop it now and use the current league table for promotion and relegation   8)

Fantastic idea

(100)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 27, 2020, 3:07pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Les Brechin
I'm getting seriously worried about our friend Lincs Iron Man. Last heard of the afternoon before our win at Cheltenham,

He must be seriously worried about his teams current "plight".

We should send out a search party for him to make sure he's safe and sound and minding that gap!  ;)

Sadly he seemed to disappear once it became apparent that he was likely to be the one parting with £50.
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 27, 2020, 4:03pm; Reply: 14
Scunts are in big trouble according a Scunt work colleague who has a family member with contacts within the club, he recons they won't survive the drop due to the mountain of debt.

I told him I can't see it getting that bad but he will need to mind the gap.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 27, 2020, 4:52pm; Reply: 15

I understand Southend have a problem with HMRC so they may not end the season anyway.
Posted by: Posh Harry, October 27, 2020, 4:56pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from arryarryarry

I understand Southend have a problem with HMRC so they may not end the season anyway.

I think Southend have had an issue with hmrc for years. The owner has money but apparently leaves it until the last minute and the last threat before they wind them up before he pays, over and over again. Blokes an idiot and it will probably come back to bite them as a club at some point.
Posted by: Poojah, October 27, 2020, 5:04pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Marinerz93
Scunts are in big trouble according a Scunt work colleague who has a family member with contacts within the club, he recons they won't survive the drop due to the mountain of debt.

I told him I can't see it getting that bad but he will need to mind the gap.

I don't think you even need to be 'in the know' to establish that Scunny are in deep, deep trouble. This article, as damning as it is, was written in September last year - throw in a global pandemic and a potential relegation into the non-league abyss and it's hard to see the situation looking anything other than terminal.

https://priceoffootball.com/scunthorpe-united-2018-the-light-pours-out-of-me/
Posted by: pen penfras, October 27, 2020, 6:08pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Poojah

I don't think you even need to be 'in the know' to establish that Scunny are in deep, deep trouble. This article, as damning as it is, was written in September last year - throw in a global pandemic and a potential relegation into the non-league abyss and it's hard to see the situation looking anything other than terminal.

What article?

If Scunny go down, and I hope they don't, then I guess it will depend on Swann what happens. If he lets them go pop, then he gets nothing back that he's put in. But it might be more expensive to keep them going than what he'd get back. The other part is image, will he care how it looks that he has driven them to the abyss?
Posted by: Poojah, October 27, 2020, 6:09pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from pen penfras

What article?

The one in my post, obviously... (blush)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 27, 2020, 6:16pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from arryarryarry

No hiding place for Southend United seeing as though HMRC have such a presence in the town

Working in freight forwarding, hearing the words, "Southend are on the line and want a word" used to make me verrry nervous indeed.......

Would they want to be responsible for driving their home town team in to oblivion?

Probably.... most customs staff I have had to deal with over the years have had hearts of stone!   ;)
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 6:50pm