Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WokingMariner, October 26, 2020, 7:08pm
Frank Bough used to be an integral part of every Saturday afternoon. Culminating in the teleprinter and the results and tables. I must have spent countless hours watching him.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 26, 2020, 8:13pm; Reply: 1
The epitome of a high profile BBC presenter in the 70's/80's .....ever professional, charming  and hiding a dirty secret.
Given his whole demeanour and image i can still remember how shocked i was when his "scandal" broke....coke, prostitutes, dungeons and sex...Frank Bough !!!!!   of all people.   Respect.  ;)

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 26, 2020, 8:20pm; Reply: 2
He was part of that Coleman, Wolstenholme, Weekes generation of unflappable BBC sports presenters. We should remember him for that.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 26, 2020, 8:42pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from moosey_club
The epitome of a high profile BBC presenter in the 70's/80's .....ever professional, charming  and hiding a dirty secret.
Given his whole demeanour and image i can still remember how shocked i was when his "scandal" broke....coke, prostitutes, dungeons and sex...Frank Bough !!!!!   of all people.   Respect.  ;)

How the other half live   :o

RIP.... Frank

Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 26, 2020, 11:51pm; Reply: 4
With a CV like that he wouldn’t be out of work for long these days
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 26, 2020, 11:54pm; Reply: 5
He was part of that Coleman, Wolstenholme, Weekes generation of unflappable BBC sports presenters. We should remember him for that.

Indeed.

That and the jumpers.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, October 27, 2020, 1:52pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from moosey_club

I remember this very clearly and how shocking it was at the time. Seems quite tame now when you consider what some of his 70s 'peers' were up to.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, October 27, 2020, 4:54pm; Reply: 7
yep male private Davies was World of Sport, Boff was World of Snort
Posted by: GrimRob, October 27, 2020, 5:51pm; Reply: 8
Good old Frank! Hope all his jumpers are preserved.

The BBC teleprinter was the highlight of the sporting day, if you were not at a game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z8liXOTytM&list=PLPQRk_umfOPUFVOhGWJBrDT7TFhSlxOKD&index=20
Print page generated: May 14, 2024, 7:12pm