Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 25, 2020, 1:58am
I don't know if something similar has already been posted :-

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/18819282.ifollow-purchase-figures-lower-bradford-city-expected/
Posted by: Heisenberg, October 25, 2020, 6:54am; Reply: 1
Quoted from arryarryarry

Low numbers across the board really, especially for Bradford.

Disappointed in our own numbers too there, it’s hardly gonna keep the wolf from the door.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, October 25, 2020, 10:02am; Reply: 2
On another thread I had posted the potential amount we could earn over the season given the early season average sales and it amounted to about £450,000 which is nothing to be sniffed at
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, October 25, 2020, 12:05pm; Reply: 3
Whilst ifollow continue to offer a poor and inadequate service, (and yes I followed all advice given) and refuse to refund, then I would expect their sales to keep dwindling. This will affect GTFC's income obviously , so I would hope that the club might investigate a better alternative.Given that there are many streaming services availble that DO work surely an alternative could be found.  
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 25, 2020, 12:23pm; Reply: 4
We are still losing money from home games but the away revenue is a lot more than it would have been.

It puts us in a better position than nearly all the other clubs because of our fantastic support.

I still don't think this season will finish so as long as we are not in the bottom two with scunny  we will be better off than most when next season starts.

A full lock down in the new year once the virus goes up in the winter.

Sorry hope I am wrong.(about the virus )
Posted by: moosey_club, October 25, 2020, 2:33pm; Reply: 5
what do people think we would hit ?
i take it that the 1200 season ticket passes arent included in "the sales" figures , so around a 1000 actual purchases takes it upto 2200 streams being accessed, i would imagine that a good number of those may be families with 2/3 people watching or even people sharing a stream with a mate round so it takes us upto what our actual home gate would be.

Decent figures i think given the circumstances.

Posted by: Rick12, October 25, 2020, 2:56pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from arryarryarry
Nice to see us near the top in sales.

Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, October 25, 2020, 3:27pm; Reply: 7
As much as I like John Tonder's commentary, it is a radio commentary not a TV one. There should be a dedicated commentary for the match not sync a radio one over. JT does not even have a screen in front of him!
Posted by: moosey_club, October 25, 2020, 3:33pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
As much as I like John Tonder's commentary, it is a radio commentary not a TV one. There should be a dedicated commentary for the match not sync a radio one over. JT does not even have a screen in front of him!

For the first time yesterday i really noticed how poor some of his commentary actually is, he struggled to identify the players several times incorrectly naming players who had done something good or bad , Crofty did actually pull him up on it a couple of times but there were plenty throughout the game where he was bemoaning/praising a player incorrectly.

Posted by: Davec, October 25, 2020, 4:04pm; Reply: 9
I have noticed on several occasions this season Tonduer does struggle recognising players the other side of the pitch near the findus stand. Yes I understand he only sees it once and he doesn't have a screen in front of him etc but when fans are allowed in BP I sit in the main Stand in which I believe is a poorer view than Tonduer has and I have no trouble recognising players over at the findus side.

No I am not saying I can do a better job as I have absolutely no experience as a commentator.
Posted by: Teesknees, October 25, 2020, 4:09pm; Reply: 10
I was watching the Harrogate game on iFollow, but the second half was about 10 minutes behind real time, so while the second half was underway I was still listening to Hull people interviewing someone about the Scunthorpe game, obviously because radio Humberside provide the commentary! I was having to get updates from the comments placed on here ffs! Not sure anything will be done about it as maybe all commentaries are supplied by the local radio stations! So bollox to the lot of them!
Posted by: lee65, October 25, 2020, 4:13pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Davec
I have noticed on several occasions this season Tonduer does struggle recognising players the other side of the pitch near the findus stand. Yes I understand he only sees it once and he doesn't have a screen in front of him etc but when fans are allowed in BP I sit in the main Stand in which I believe is a poorer view than Tonduer has and I have no trouble recognising players over at the findus side.

No I am not saying I can do a better job as I have absolutely no experience as a commentator.

Yes, I nearly mentioned this on a thread yesterday, he often gets players mixed up, but it’s only now that we spot this with iFollow and humberside together.  To be fair, he is a fair way from the action, but surely he could have an iPad with iFollow on next to him so he can get replays etc.
Yesterday he moaned about Windsor bundling in to a player and giving away another needless free kick with being over eager and the actual culprit was Williams
Posted by: Davec, October 25, 2020, 4:15pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from lee65

Yes, I nearly mentioned this on a thread yesterday, he often gets players mixed up, but it’s only now that we spot this with iFollow and humberside together.  To be fair, he is a fair way from the action, but surely he could have an iPad with iFollow on next to him so he can get replays etc.
Yesterday he moaned about Windsor bundling in to a player and giving away another needless free kick with being over eager and the actual culprit was Williams

Against Harrogate when Tilley cut inside and hit it narrowly wide at first he said great play by Clifton, then he corrected himself and said Tilley and then seconds later he confirmed it was Clifton! When it was actually Tilley!
Posted by: lee65, October 25, 2020, 4:19pm; Reply: 13
To be fair to JT, even watching I struggle to differentiate between Morton and Taylor  :)
Posted by: pen penfras, October 25, 2020, 4:36pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from lee65
To be fair to JT, even watching I struggle to differentiate between Morton and Taylor  :)

Morton's the one that hardly makes a tackle and only passes sideways. Taylor is better at both aspects, although his passing is a bit too negative considering he actually seems to be quite good at it.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 25, 2020, 6:37pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from pen penfras

Morton's the one that hardly makes a tackle and only passes sideways. Taylor is better at both aspects, although his passing is a bit too negative considering he actually seems to be quite good at it.

i had a similar reply in mind....but yours is alot kinder than mine so will leave it with yours.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 26, 2020, 1:21am; Reply: 16
Given that Bradford's iFollow sales are low considering their fan base, I wonder what their Communications and Commercial Director, Ryan 'Not Very Bright' Sparks, has done to boost them.  ;D
Posted by: golfer, October 26, 2020, 10:42am; Reply: 17
Quoted from moosey_club

i had a similar reply in mind....but yours is alot kinder than mine so will leave it with yours.

Go on Moosey - say it  " He's crapp "   A poor mans Dier - who himself is crapp. Haven't seen him do anything positive even with Tondeur giving him credit instead of the correct person.
Posted by: golfer, October 26, 2020, 10:45am; Reply: 18
I don't believe that the figures for ifollow include season ticket holders
Posted by: Teestogreen, October 26, 2020, 10:44pm; Reply: 19
After watching McKeowns horror show against Harrogate - I decided not to subscribe to ifollow for the  Carlisle game.
Just seen his Carlisle horror show - my Carlisle mate reckons he’s never seen anything like it in playing and watching football in over 40 years. He thinks if McKeown is
not involved in some sort of betting regime, he should be dropped anyway in recognition of his poor performance, therefore Battersby included.
Certainly, to have him as captain is detrimental to the team, as he has lost Town some important points, in the face of others in the team giving it all  to improve it
imo
I don’t see any reason to subscribe to any more Grimsby Town games on ifollow, whilst this goalkeeper is undermining any progress with the rest of the team
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, October 26, 2020, 10:54pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Given that Bradford's iFollow sales are low considering their fan base, I wonder what their Communications and Commercial Director, Ryan 'Not Very Bright' Sparks, has done to boost them.  ;D

They've probably old him to keep his mouth shut
Posted by: pen penfras, October 27, 2020, 11:29am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Teestogreen
After watching McKeowns horror show against Harrogate - I decided not to subscribe to ifollow for the  Carlisle game.
Just seen his Carlisle horror show - my Carlisle mate reckons he’s never seen anything like it in playing and watching football in over 40 years. He thinks if McKeown is
not involved in some sort of betting regime, he should be dropped anyway in recognition of his poor performance, therefore Battersby included.
Certainly, to have him as captain is detrimental to the team, as he has lost Town some important points, in the face of others in the team giving it all  to improve it
imo
I don’t see any reason to subscribe to any more Grimsby Town games on ifollow, whilst this goalkeeper is undermining any progress with the rest of the team

Because you support them? I guess you're a plastic supporter...
Posted by: Teestogreen, November 7, 2020, 11:00pm; Reply: 22
Just seen all the avatars receiving positive points for the points I raised above.
More than 15% of the team I first watched and loved have passed away this week.
So unfair - all of it.
But that’s life.

UTM
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:37pm