Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 24, 2020, 8:13pm
Oh dear, looks like he's at it again, came with a reputation for having a bad attitude, appears to have p!ssed Holloway off..Ollie didn't say what he's done though🤫🤔
Posted by: Meza, October 24, 2020, 8:15pm; Reply: 1
Could be anything but seeing young lads on loan play before him might have annoyed him.
Posted by: TheultimateMariner, October 24, 2020, 9:32pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Oh dear, looks like he's at it again, came with a reputation for having a bad attitude, appears to have p!ssed Holloway off..Ollie didn't say what he's done though🤫🤔

What’s happened? I thought I heard it mentioned he was a doubt for today’s game? Which I presumed would have been through injury
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 24, 2020, 9:38pm; Reply: 3
IH said something along the lines of he wasn't producing what he promised IH when he joined.

Clearly out of favour and to get back in is up to Scannell.
Posted by: gtfc82, October 25, 2020, 6:59am; Reply: 4
[quote][/quote]q gggfd :Dddddssssss
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 25, 2020, 8:31am; Reply: 5
Quoted from gtfc82
q gggfd :Dddddssssss

Most sensible post on here for ages.  ;)
Posted by: gtfc82, October 25, 2020, 8:38am; Reply: 6
Lol I've no idea what happened there!! 😂
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, October 25, 2020, 9:20am; Reply: 7
Quoted from gtfc82
q gggfd :Dddddssssss

I thought for a minute Papa Lazarou had joined the forum
Posted by: TheultimateMariner, October 25, 2020, 9:43am; Reply: 8
Quoted from arryarryarry
IH said something along the lines of he wasn't producing what he promised IH when he joined.

Clearly out of favour and to get back in is up to Scannell.

I suppose it will show how much of a pro he is in whether or not he will fight for a place and show he wants to play.

Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 25, 2020, 10:00am; Reply: 9
Obviously unsure what exactly has gone on but I wonder if he's unhappy at having to turn out for the reserves.
Posted by: denni266, October 25, 2020, 11:11am; Reply: 10
Not sure if am correct . But was there a game early on that he was in good positions and able to recieve the ball quite a lot , and he was ignoored  and he was agitated by it .. he seemed to dissapear after that . and if true could there be something in that .
Posted by: Davec, October 25, 2020, 11:20am; Reply: 11
Quoted from denni266
Not sure if am correct . But was there a game early on that he was in good positions and able to recieve the ball quite a lot , and he was ignoored  and he was agitated by it .. he seemed to dissapear after that . and if true could there be something in that .

Walsall away wasn't it? It was very noticeable that players were choosing not to pass to him when in good positions unmarked in favour of passing to other players who weren't in as good positions
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 25, 2020, 2:32pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Davec

Walsall away wasn't it? It was very noticeable that players were choosing not to pass to him when in good positions unmarked in favour of passing to other players who weren't in as good positions

Are our players really that good, they cannot seem to pass to each other correctly when they mean to, so to not pass to someone on purpose seems to indicate they are good passers.
Posted by: drbell, October 27, 2020, 6:15pm; Reply: 13
I haven't seen much mention of Scannel from others. I'm gutted it seems he hasn't worked out. In the preseason friendly (I think it was) he looked like a man playing against boys. Just far far too good for those around him. I thought we'd got someone very special.
Posted by: Davec, October 27, 2020, 6:19pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from drbell
I haven't seen much mention of Scannel from others. I'm gutted it seems he hasn't worked out. In the preseason friendly (I think it was) he looked like a man playing against boys. Just far far too good for those around him. I thought we'd got someone very special.

he is on a 2 year deal and I would guess one of or highest paid players so we better hope it works out.
Posted by: denni266, October 29, 2020, 8:20am; Reply: 15
Dont realy care what has happened , but for the sake of the club and team these two need to get together and sort it out big time .
Posted by: Hagrid, October 29, 2020, 9:17am; Reply: 16
Quoted from denni266
Dont realy care what has happened , but for the sake of the club and team these two need to get together and sort it out big time .

definitely, i thought he looked impressive in the bits we've seen
Posted by: Croxton, October 29, 2020, 10:11am; Reply: 17
Ollie has said he is not happy with Scannell in two interviews so far. Rather off hand in the way he curtly said 'he's hurt his knee'. Seems like an unedifying battle of wills over something. If it's a 'What happens at Cheapside, stays at Cheapside' issue then its a test of man management where AL could have smoothed things over?
It seems very early for it to be any thing contractual like travel or a Covid breach. Hurt knee sounds like code for bruised ego. I'm starting to sound like 'Iknowyoursecret' or one of our other trolls so I'll shut up.
Posted by: pen penfras, October 29, 2020, 10:45am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Croxton
Ollie has said he is not happy with Scannell in two interviews so far. Rather off hand in the way he curtly said 'he's hurt his knee'. Seems like an unedifying battle of wills over something. If it's a 'What happens at Cheapside, stays at Cheapside' issue then its a test of man management where AL could have smoothed things over?
It seems very early for it to be any thing contractual like travel or a Covid breach. Hurt knee sounds like code for bruised ego. I'm starting to sound like 'Iknowyoursecret' or one of our other trolls so I'll shut up.

What on earth has AL got to do with anything? Ollie doesn't want him, if he did then he would be here...

As for what's happened with Scannell, I think Ollie should have kept quiet. Deal with it in house and not give vague comments that he's not happy with who he is as a person, which fuels speculation that is never helpful.
Posted by: mimma, October 29, 2020, 11:04am; Reply: 19
Ollie isn't daft, he has a wealth of managerial experience to call on. I am sure he will be able to sort it (whatever "it" is), in the club's interest.
He is sometimes too honest for his own good in interviews, maybe he should perhaps bit his lip a bit more and say nowt. It only fuels the drama queens on here.
Posted by: Croxton, October 29, 2020, 11:12am; Reply: 20
Quoted from pen penfras

What on earth has AL got to do with anything? Ollie doesn't want him, if he did then he would be here...

As for what's happened with Scannell, I think Ollie should have kept quiet. Deal with it in house and not give vague comments that he's not happy with who he is as a person, which fuels speculation that is never helpful.

You have clearly missed Ollies comments about how Ben and AL are much better at planning training than him and how 'we all miss Anthony'. In some situations a bit of 'good cop' 'bad cop' can reduce conflict. It won't be easy down at Cheapside making our large squad feel valued as individuals especially with so many travelling in and others lodging away from friends and family.
Add to that Ollies ' Mr. Angry'  PR then perhaps we do miss the smiling Aussie?
Posted by: Henryscat, October 29, 2020, 12:07pm; Reply: 21
Not necessarily AL but I think we’re missing another body/brain at cheapside.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 29, 2020, 12:24pm; Reply: 22
What makes me wonder is why is it taking some of the new signings so long to get fit.

Injuries apart did they do any training before we signed them if not why not ?
Posted by: rancido, October 29, 2020, 12:35pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from mimma
Ollie isn't daft, he has a wealth of managerial experience to call on. I am sure he will be able to sort it (whatever "it" is), in the club's interest.
He is sometimes too honest for his own good in interviews, maybe he should perhaps bit his lip a bit more and say nowt. It only fuels the drama queens on here.

I think you meant " conspiracy theorists " ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, October 29, 2020, 7:22pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from grimsby pete
What makes me wonder is why is it taking some of the new signings so long to get fit.

Injuries apart did they do any training before we signed them if not why not ?

Because they were either ,lazy in lockdown,  without club , from non league , getting older , just general English lower league professional footballers and not Christiano Ronaldo.
i think Oliie said that our own players had been looked after well and monitored in lockdown which when you look at the general fitness levels of the squad now (injuries apart) Clifton, Pollock, Waterfall, Hendrie have looked fully capable of doing 90 mins....the loanees and new signings certainly don't.... with the exception of Preston.
How we are training or monitoring them all now i dont know but you would think their levels should be there now as we have completed an equivalent of pre season now.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, October 29, 2020, 9:10pm; Reply: 25
I am sure I will get red crosses, but I did say that Scannell has had a poor record of playing.
Talented player but either his body is not up to the stresses of modern footy or he is faking it.
I don’t know what the answer is but there were plenty of warning signs before he signed

I hope I am proved wrong.
Posted by: livosnose, October 29, 2020, 11:39pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
I am sure I will get red crosses, but I did say that Scannell has had a poor record of playing.
Talented player but either his body is not up to the stresses of modern footy or he is faking it.
I don’t know what the answer is but there were plenty of warning signs before he signed

I hope I am proved wrong.

I think Scannel is on Instagram more than the training ground......... :-/
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 30, 2020, 12:08pm; Reply: 27

Ollie....GrimsbyLive today...

On Sean Scannell, Holloway said: "He's got a sore ankle which has been causing us a few problems."

On why he is seemingly not in his good books, Ollie added: "That's for something else, stop fishing - you're not going to know about that."
Posted by: Mariner John, October 30, 2020, 1:15pm; Reply: 28
They fell out because Scannel kept it quiet that he had an injury
Posted by: Henryscat, October 30, 2020, 1:16pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Mariner John
They fell out because Scannel kept it quiet that he had an injury

Which would have come up in his pre-contract medical surely?
Posted by: Abdul19, October 30, 2020, 2:59pm; Reply: 30
He must've been able to hack the couple of laps of the car park he had to complete.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 11:05am