Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, October 23, 2020, 12:56pm
Had an email from Dave Roberts saying as a Season Ticket Holder I have been selected as a ball retriever for the Carlisle game tomorrow if I want to.

Is this legit. There is a link to click for a health screen. I am always suspicious on clicking on these sort of links.

Anyone else had one?
Posted by: supertown, October 23, 2020, 12:59pm; Reply: 1
It is , mate of mine did it last week
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, October 23, 2020, 1:00pm; Reply: 2
Cheers mate.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, October 23, 2020, 1:23pm; Reply: 3
I’ll go if you don’t want to
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, October 23, 2020, 1:27pm; Reply: 4
If there was another spot going, could this perhaps be auctioned for the just giving thing?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 23, 2020, 2:39pm; Reply: 5
Don’t know why we can’t have 1200 ball retrievers
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, October 23, 2020, 2:49pm; Reply: 6
https://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/ball-retrievers/
Posted by: mimma, October 23, 2020, 3:26pm; Reply: 7
Aren't you all a bit old to be ball BOYS😁
Posted by: aldi_01, October 23, 2020, 3:32pm; Reply: 8
Can you go for a pint first and rock up at 2:55 as usual, stand in the corner at half time moaning about the first half and the weather whilst checking scores of games that mean intercourse all to us?

In all seriousness, I’m assuming as it doesn’t say anything, this is for ALL season ticket holders not just trust members?
Posted by: lee65, October 23, 2020, 4:15pm; Reply: 9
Well, I've not actually seen a ball being "retrieved" very often with much conviction over the last few seasons, so I hope you will take the role very seriously!  ;)
Posted by: Meza, October 23, 2020, 6:09pm; Reply: 10
Old boy ball retriever  ;D
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 23, 2020, 6:16pm; Reply: 11
We could have 1000 ball retrievers, 500 mighty mariners, even 100 match day mascots, in fact the list could be endless.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 23, 2020, 6:21pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from lee65
Well, I've not actually seen a ball being "retrieved" very often with much conviction over the last few seasons, so I hope you will take the role very seriously!  ;)

My thoughts exactly, i expect anyone in the role to sit chatting to the nearest retreiver ignoring the ball completely.

On a serious note though, i am sure that one of the F.A guidance notes asks for the balls to be sanitised at intervals during play so wonder if you will be expected to wipe the ball down once/whilst retreiving.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 23, 2020, 6:22pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Gaffer58
We could have 1000 ball retrievers, 500 mighty mariners, even 100 match day mascots, in fact the list could be endless.

Must need a couple of hundred Assistant Press Officers.
Posted by: Tinymariner, October 23, 2020, 6:41pm; Reply: 14
I did it on Tuesday night, everyone receives sanitising wipes, gloves and bin bags. They are told which stand to sit in and then just return the balls after sanitising them. Tickets are drawn at random now. UTMM
Posted by: mimma, October 23, 2020, 7:01pm; Reply: 15
Do you get a towel as well for the long throw merchants?
Posted by: gobby, October 23, 2020, 7:20pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from mimma
Do you get a towel as well for the long throw merchants?

Sod Off! Tiny was sat in the Upper Findus! 😂😂😎
UTMM
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 23, 2020, 7:28pm; Reply: 17
That’s a point, in the upper Findus even with my knackered knees I could do the job, possibly only required once a game.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 23, 2020, 7:43pm; Reply: 18
When it comes to draws etc.. If I fell in a barrel of mammaries I’d come out sucking my thumb so I’ll doubt my number will come up but I’m really pleased for anyone who’s lucky enough to get to see a game.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, November 29, 2020, 6:53am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Tinymariner
I did it on Tuesday night, everyone receives sanitising wipes, gloves and bin bags. They are told which stand to sit in and then just return the balls after sanitising them. Tickets are drawn at random now. UTMM

It's actually come to this?
Posted by: aldi_01, November 29, 2020, 7:45am; Reply: 20
I believe this has been knocked on the head with the implementation of yet more inconsistent ‘rules’...
Posted by: grimps, November 29, 2020, 3:15pm; Reply: 21
I remember when we was kids we used to go watch the reserve games and had the free run of the entire ground , when the ball went over one of the open corners we used to go collect it and run off home with it .
Had some great Mitre Deltas thanks to the poor shooting of our reserves  ;D
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 3:04am