Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 3, 2020, 5:30pm
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.joe.co.uk/amp/entertainment/premier-league-cinema-251712

You can watch (premier league) football indoors with a bunch of strangers in a cinema but not outside with your family.

The places showing it should be picketed.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 3, 2020, 5:37pm; Reply: 1
And the first cinema on the list.... Bolton

Yeah....a town with one of highest incidences of Covid in the country

Lancashire Hot Spot anyone?

Unbelievable Jeff  :-/
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 3, 2020, 5:56pm; Reply: 2
I’ve basically given up trying  to work out what the particular rules are for different areas of the country, so I’ve built a nuclear shelter in the back garden, stocked with enough food and drink for 2 years, just might struggle with sufficient bog roll, and will be going in to see out the pandemic.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 3, 2020, 6:25pm; Reply: 3
This is contagious
Posted by: Posh Harry, October 3, 2020, 6:57pm; Reply: 4
Absolutely mental
Posted by: golfer, October 3, 2020, 10:47pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Gaffer58
I’ve basically given up trying  to work out what the particular rules are for different areas of the country, so I’ve built a nuclear shelter in the back garden, stocked with enough food and drink for 2 years, just might struggle with sufficient bog roll, and will be going in to see out the pandemic.

I dont understand why there's a shortage of bog roll - I managed to buy 500 packs last week
Posted by: mimma, October 5, 2020, 12:32am; Reply: 6
no excrement Golfer.
Posted by: It Bites, October 5, 2020, 7:24am; Reply: 7
Get yourselves down to Brigg garden centre. Thousands going there every weekend .............
Posted by: wigworld, October 5, 2020, 7:35am; Reply: 8
Quoted from golfer

I dont understand why there's a shortage of bog roll - I managed to buy 500 packs last week

I'm not concerned. I've got loads left from March.

Posted by: Withnail, October 5, 2020, 7:48am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Abdul19
This is contagious

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5vs98h
Posted by: golfer, October 5, 2020, 8:02am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Withnail

Aptly named when discussing bog roll
Posted by: Stadium, October 14, 2020, 3:31pm; Reply: 11
Nice gathering of fans & chanting too.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsene-wenger-palladium-stadium-fans-a4570056.html
Posted by: 139914 (Guest), October 14, 2020, 3:37pm; Reply: 12
Stockpiling really gets my goat.  The 95 year old widower that lives 2 doors down from me had 17 bottles of milk on her doorstep this morning.....selfish cow.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 14, 2020, 3:54pm; Reply: 13
Politicians have been heard to say that "it is the behaviour of football fans outside of stadiums that is the issue". Once again, all football fans getting tarred with the same brush. We are just scumbags to them.
Posted by: pen penfras, October 14, 2020, 4:10pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings
Politicians have been heard to say that "it is the behaviour of football fans outside of stadiums that is the issue". Once again, all football fans getting tarred with the same brush. We are just scumbags to them.

It's not about being tarred with the same brush, it's more they can't separate the idiots from the herd and only let sensible people in. And a small, but not insignificant percentage of football fans do have a habit of regularly making mammaries out of themselves.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 14, 2020, 4:49pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from pen penfras

It's not about being tarred with the same brush, it's more they can't separate the idiots from the herd and only let sensible people in. And a small, but not insignificant percentage of football fans do have a habit of regularly making mammaries out of themselves.

Which happens in all walks of life, so why single out football fans? Go out in any town or city at the weekend and there are people flouting the rules everywhere. Just walk along the sea front and there's not much social distancing going on. It's just a lame excuse.

Posted by: pen penfras, October 14, 2020, 6:08pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from ginnywings

Which happens in all walks of life, so why single out football fans? Go out in any town or city at the weekend and there are people flouting the rules everywhere. Just walk along the sea front and there's not much social distancing going on. It's just a lame excuse.

I don't think it's singling out football fans per se.

- Football is a much smaller part of the economy than the hospitality sector, so it's more important for that to open up first.
- The largest part of footballing income is from tv deals, not the fans. The government only allowed the premier league to restart on the basis that they would help the EFL get through this.
- Every football fan can still watch their games remotely. Hospitality can't operate this way

From their point of view, I can see why adding more risk when viable alternatives exist isn't something they want to do. Not that I agree with it
Posted by: ginnywings, October 14, 2020, 6:17pm; Reply: 17
But it makes no sense given what you can do in indoor settings elsewhere, not to mention the 1.5 billion given to the arts. More people go to football than the theatre. You either exclude everybody from any form of gathering, or you don't. There are too many anomalies that cause confusion and division.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 14, 2020, 10:15pm; Reply: 18
Agreed Ginny. I’m not sure whether Football fans should be allowed back into grounds, but what gets my host is the inconsistency. As ever, we are not all in it together.
Posted by: ROKERITE, October 15, 2020, 9:43am; Reply: 19
Quoted from ginnywings

I agree with you. I find the refusal to allow limited numbers into football grounds indefensible. 300 have been allowed at matches below tier six. There were test events a few weeks ago with 1,000 at various stadiums including Carrow Road. Belgium had 11,000 in a 50,000 capacity stadium last week. Has any data come out to show any of these events causing a spike locally? If not then why is the blanket ban on spectators continuing?
A thousand spectators in Blundell Park is surely worth trialling as soon as possible, then take it from there.
Posted by: Norseman, October 15, 2020, 11:31pm; Reply: 20
Why would town be bothered about letting people in. If they did and it was limited to 1000 it would cost them money.  As it is they have sold 1320 season tickets and costing them nothing. Some ST Holders myself included are not even getting I follow as their tvs are not compatible. Also if they let 1000 in would they have to pay 320 people back under contract law.
Posted by: aldi_01, October 16, 2020, 7:54am; Reply: 21
On top of the ST income, if they opened the stadium for only a 1000 they would likely still generate income, clubs wouldn’t be pushing for it if it wasn’t worth it.

However, as has been discussed time and time again, the government are incompetent, whatever your political persuasion it’s impossible to disagree about their sheer incompetence. We’ve just seen a tier system introduced that makes little sense, there’s a possibility that a circuit breaker lockdown (whatever that actually is), so I’d imagine the government couldn’t even have a sensible discussion about letting football crowds in let alone put together a plan for it.
Posted by: Stadium, October 16, 2020, 5:58pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from aldi_01
On top of the ST income, if they opened the stadium for only a 1000 they would likely still generate income, clubs wouldn’t be pushing for it if it wasn’t worth it.

However, as has been discussed time and time again, the government are incompetent, whatever your political persuasion it’s impossible to disagree about their sheer incompetence. We’ve just seen a tier system introduced that makes little sense, there’s a possibility that a circuit breaker lockdown (whatever that actually is), so I’d imagine the government couldn’t even have a sensible discussion about letting football crowds in let alone put together a plan for it.

Even the Tier system is flawed.
Lancashire allowing gyms & leisure centres to remain open.
Liverpool has these closed.
Football has no chance whatsoever.

Posted by: ginnywings, October 23, 2020, 9:36am; Reply: 23
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8870309/West-Ham-fans-watch-clash-against-Man-City-weekend-cinema-half-mile-away.html
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 23, 2020, 11:02am; Reply: 24
Easy way to get fans into the ground would be at half time release some grouse onto the pitch and then let people shoot them, and don’t think your name has to de Tarquin to participate.
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 23, 2020, 11:02am; Reply: 25
Easy way to get fans into the ground would be at half time release some grouse onto the pitch and then let people shoot them, and don’t think your name has to de Tarquin to participate.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 23, 2020, 11:15am; Reply: 26
Quoted from ginnywings

To be slightly nitpicking with that link (not you Ginny) - 500 metres is not half a mile. It’s half a kilometre, or less than a third of a mile. And if it took me 12 minutes to walk that far I’d be very worried about myself.

Still the point it illustrates is valid. The sheer bloody inconsistency of the rules.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 23, 2020, 12:24pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from ginnywings

That is utter bonkers !!!

I was going to say the government said football crowds sing and shout which will send the virus much further but I thought they took that into consideration when allocating what is a safe number for each ground.

Well do they think the fans will not sing and shout while watching a game at the cinema ?

Like I said, utter bonkers !!!
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 23, 2020, 3:37pm; Reply: 28
The ridiculousness of this situation is that fans are now attending football stadia, watching the game live on tv whilst enjoying a beer but cannot actually go through the passage to watch it from a seat. Given football clubs all have agreed protocols in place where is the difference of being inside their club’s bar and actually being sat in the ground in the fresh air.

That said Local  reports suggest Lincolnshire is heading for Tier2 status within the next fortnight so if things are deteriorating that quickly in this most rural of counties you can be damned sure it’s spreading more quickly in larger conurbations and more and more local areas throughout the country will get mini lockdowns.

The virus ain’t going anywhere in the foreseeable future so we need a fair and consistent way of being allowed to manage our daily lives without placing the vulnerable and the NHS at risk. We will never get 100% consensus for anything never mind The so called best approaches to managing This virus but we do need more tolerance of in allowing individuals more freedom to get on with their lives by allowing attendance at any events or venues where the correct safety measures are in place and certified as suitable by the appropriate body.

There is no logic that Lincoln United can have 200 fans but Grimsby can’t have 1000, or Man Utd 10,000.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 23, 2020, 6:19pm; Reply: 29
A mate told me yesterday that Corinthian Casuals are getting 400 (in a ground with only 161 seats and a maximum capacity of c 2000. I think in normal seasons they get around 200 - clearly followers of other clubs missing their fix.

It must be harder to ensure social distancing with 20% in an unseated ground than it is to do it in a fully seated ground. Especially as the Casuals’ ground has no terracing on two sides.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 23, 2020, 8:15pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from KingstonMariner
A mate told me yesterday that Corinthian Casuals are getting 400 (in a ground with only 161 seats and a maximum capacity of c 2000. I think in normal seasons they get around 200 - clearly followers of other clubs missing their fix.

It must be harder to ensure social distancing with 20% in an unseated ground than it is to do it in a fully seated ground. Especially as the Casuals’ ground has no terracing on two sides.

If you want to distance you can in the seats at most of these grounds but the rest of the capacity is people standing shoulder to shoulder around the perimeter.

Whenever you say it's safer higher up the leagues though, you get shot down.
Posted by: mimma, October 23, 2020, 8:55pm; Reply: 31
This is what happens when the elite from Eton form a government.  They have no idea of what goes on in the real world,  make rash assessments of how we all behave, based on a few clips on the news.
As has been said, Bristol City fans can watch their game inside the bars at Ashton Gate, but can't sit a few feet away outside and watch it live, bonkers!
Let the fans back, make them wear masks, no mask, no entry. There are enough stewards to enforce this, since there are no away fans. It got to be safer than what's happening in Bristol surely?
What sort of education do you get at Eton FFS?
Posted by: Stadium, October 23, 2020, 9:09pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from mimma
This is what happens when the elite from Eton form a government.  They have no idea of what goes on in the real world,  make rash assessments of how we all behave, based on a few clips on the news.
As has been said, Bristol City fans can watch their game inside the bars at Ashton Gate, but can't sit a few feet away outside and watch it live, bonkers!
Let the fans back, make them wear masks, no mask, no entry. There are enough stewards to enforce this, since there are no away fans. It got to be safer than what's happening in Bristol surely?
What sort of education do you get at Eton FFS?

As you can at Blundell Park.

https://twitter.com/MarinersTrust/status/1319325406764453890
Posted by: ginnywings, October 23, 2020, 9:54pm; Reply: 33
As long as the curtains are drawn and you can't see the pitch. Fecking crazy.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 23, 2020, 10:44pm; Reply: 34
If anyone came up with a conspiracy to make people watch football on telly, they couldn't do better than come up with this nonsense. It's like a science-fiction parody. You can watch what's going on a few metres from you but you can't look at it directly. You must wear Dr Faustus' Virtual Reality Spex if you want to see your family.
Posted by: Stadium, October 24, 2020, 9:45am; Reply: 35
While the dopey duo of local MP's hand the PM a shirt & achieve absolutely nothing.
Posted by: golfer, October 24, 2020, 1:53pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from pen penfras

Maybe if we promised Boris that we would form a vigilante group armed with "Tazers" to spifflicate the houligans he would allow us back. We could also take them with us to away matches.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 2, 2020, 3:39pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from golfer

Maybe if we promised Boris that we would form a vigilante group armed with "Tazers" to spifflicate the houligans he would allow us back. We could also take them with us to away matches.

He’d agree to that! And totally ignore whatever the Home Office told him about the use of equipment for crowd control. That’s how we ended up with those water cannon costing us millions from Germany that Teresa May told him he couldn’t have. I think they were sold as scrap in the end. Another little legacy of Boris’ time as Mayor of London.
Posted by: Welwynmariner, November 2, 2020, 7:31pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Sides at that level can have 30% of their capacity in the ground. They got 600 against Leatherhead a week or so back, but it's a local derby. Anyway, now it's all ended.
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 10:05am