Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Stew0_0, September 29, 2020, 8:34am
Has the reported Covid case in camp and subsequent 14 day isolation effectively ruined our plans for completing further signings in this transfer window??

We had at least 2 players in on trial which will no longer be at the club, no further players can join for training before the next 2 games and once we are back functioning at the club does it leave us any time at all to complete any more business.

I feel this situation has seriously hindered us in trying to complete the squad when we already had our backs against the wall anyway.

Hope Ollie can still pull some gems out of the bag.
Posted by: marinerdazza, September 29, 2020, 9:14am; Reply: 1
I see the national league fixtures are still scheduled...
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, September 29, 2020, 9:31am; Reply: 2
Think the National Leage are expecting a bailout
Posted by: Davec, September 29, 2020, 10:41am; Reply: 3
This shouldn't mean we can not sign anybody else. Yes I know it isn't ideal but depending on how long the 2 trialists had been training with us for then Holloway should have a good idea if he wants to sign them or not, and deals can be agreed remotely surely even if the contract is sent to them in the post.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 29, 2020, 10:45am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Davec
This shouldn't mean we can not sign anybody else. Yes I know it isn't ideal but depending on how long the 2 trialists had been training with us for then Holloway should have a good idea if he wants to sign them or not, and deals can be agreed remotely surely even if the contract is sent to them in the post.

A combination of Teams/Zoom and docusign would get something sorted but looking at the current climate I’d be amazed if we did too much more.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 29, 2020, 10:48am; Reply: 5
It would be madness to sign anymore players unless they’re loans that the parent club foot the wages
Posted by: pizzzza, September 29, 2020, 11:43am; Reply: 6
Quoted from HertsGTFC

A combination of Teams/Zoom and docusign would get something sorted  

Knowing Town it would more likely be carrier pigeon.
Posted by: pen penfras, September 29, 2020, 12:58pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Stew0_0
Has the reported Covid case in camp and subsequent 14 day isolation effectively ruined our plans for completing further signings in this transfer window??

We had at least 2 players in on trial which will no longer be at the club, no further players can join for training before the next 2 games and once we are back functioning at the club does it leave us any time at all to complete any more business.

I feel this situation has seriously hindered us in trying to complete the squad when we already had our backs against the wall anyway.

Hope Ollie can still pull some gems out of the bag.

Unless the rules have changed this season, it doesn't make much difference. Out of contract players are allowed to sign at any time during the season, so we can still sign players after the window closes. We aren't going to be paying fees anyway, so it's only really the loan market that is closed for us.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, September 29, 2020, 4:10pm; Reply: 8
The domestic transfer window will have another 2 weeks to run after next Monday so only issue currently for town is whether or not we want to sign the French Onion Seller in which case that must be completed by 5 October.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:02pm