Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Croxton, September 25, 2020, 11:11pm
Desperate for a footy fix at 3.00 pm tomorrow I've narrowed the options down to Stocksbridge Park Steels at home to Loughborough or Glossop North End v Cleethorpes Town. Only an extra 20 min drive across the Snake Pass to see some ex Town lads might swing the decision.  
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 25, 2020, 11:43pm; Reply: 1
I'm at the Spalding match tomorrow. I was hoping to have a look at our 2 midfielders.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 26, 2020, 7:02am; Reply: 2
Awaiting the just back thread :)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 26, 2020, 9:12am; Reply: 3
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I'm at the Spalding match tomorrow. I was hoping to have a look at our 2 midfielders.

Don't think you will be seeing Jock Curran !  Or Cameron Painter as he should be isolating with the rest of the Town players !   :( :( :(

Posted by: ginnywings, September 26, 2020, 9:15am; Reply: 4
Why are Spalding not having to isolate if they have been in contact with an infected player?

All seems very random.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 26, 2020, 9:24am; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
Why are Spalding not having to isolate if they have been in contact with an infected player?

All seems very random.

My thoughts exactly. They don't have the best online presence but they did tweet that the game was still on at about 9pm.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, September 26, 2020, 9:27am; Reply: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

All seems very random.

Yes it seems strange that that game goes ahead. Also isnt Painter suspended after being sent off?

Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 26, 2020, 9:34am; Reply: 7
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Yes it seems strange that that game goes ahead. Also isnt Painter suspended after being sent off?

I saw something earlier in the week that they were appealing it. Assuming they didn't, as he's now in isolation does the ban have to wait?

The integrity of the whole pyramid is shot. Our lads are expected to train at home for 2 weeks and we know how fit that made the team. We then come back for a day or two and get sent to Bolton.

Now I'm no sports scientist but I know that causes a massive injury risk.
Posted by: Croxton, September 26, 2020, 9:55am; Reply: 8
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I saw something earlier in the week that they were appealing it. Assuming they didn't, as he's now in isolation does the ban have to wait?

The integrity of the whole pyramid is shot. Our lads are expected to train at home for 2 weeks and we know how fit that made the team. We then come back for a day or two and get sent to Bolton.

Now I'm no sports scientist but I know that causes a massive injury risk.

Also ironic considering Bolton's infection rate is many times higher. Have we allowed some players to travel in from these areas with special restrictions? Bradford also seem to have kept their players safe......so far.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 26, 2020, 10:05am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Croxton

Also ironic considering Bolton's infection rate is many times higher. Have we allowed some players to travel in from these areas with special restrictions? Bradford also seem to have kept their players safe......so far.

Twitter states Curran is in Leeds. Hendrie lives around Bradford and I imagine Hanson lives somewhere between Leeds and Bradford too.

How many of our first team squad actually live locally?
Posted by: ginnywings, September 26, 2020, 10:07am; Reply: 10
I think there will be other sides out there that have positive cases of covid but without regular testing, we don't know. I also suspect that some clubs will just send players home who have symptoms and keep quiet about it. It's all so baffling why some teams are playing and we are not.

Is this another case of us being too honest to our own detriment? Two weeks in lockdown for a depleted squad who are lacking in fitness already is disastrous. We are now playing catch up on our own catch up.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 26, 2020, 12:15pm; Reply: 11
Just Back threads will be rare and collectors items in future years.   Start one today whilst you can.
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 6:44am