Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sigone, September 25, 2020, 6:40pm
On a season long loan from Bristol City
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 25, 2020, 7:01pm; Reply: 1
Where's that come from, nothing on the OS??.
Posted by: mimma, September 25, 2020, 7:03pm; Reply: 2
More to the point, what position?
Posted by: jock dock tower, September 25, 2020, 7:04pm; Reply: 3
More importantly, why? We're not going to probably play again this season by the look of things.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 25, 2020, 7:08pm; Reply: 4
He'll be unveiled holding a black and white striped Hazchem suit and face mask.
Posted by: Ipswin, September 25, 2020, 7:13pm; Reply: 5
Mid fielder was on loan at FGR last season
Posted by: denni266, September 25, 2020, 8:18pm; Reply: 6
Arrr Norwich  near Bristol .. makes sence  now   :-/ :-/
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 25, 2020, 8:25pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from denni266
Arrr Norwich  near Bristol .. makes sence  now   :-/ :-/

It's all relative isn't it. If you live in New Zealand, Norwich is near Bristol.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 25, 2020, 8:30pm; Reply: 8
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Morton_%28footballer,_born_1999%29

Central midfielder apparently
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, September 25, 2020, 8:37pm; Reply: 9
Will he ever get the chance to play for us?

Given the comments on the Bradford site, the situation at Stevenage and the fact that EFL are instigating an investigation into the postponement did Town call the game off in accordance with EFL guidelines or  acted arbitrarily on this?

Beggars belief that the EFL does not have in place strict protocols for this type of situation in which case no investigation should be necessary.

It’s just impossible to get any interest in this season and I would suggest it be brought to a halt and given the need to play 46 games it seems an impossible task for this season to be completed without scrapping all cup competitions and agreeing to play 2 games per week from say January to June, subject to this virus being under some sort of control which appears highly unlikely.

God what a mess
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 25, 2020, 8:39pm; Reply: 10
For crying out loud, surely we've got enough in there with Clifton, Edwards, Rose, Williams, Hewitt, sure I've missed someone, we need a proven striker, an old head up front, I don't care if he doesn't track back, run round like a greyhound, we need a fox in the box, surely with all the players out of contract there's somebody willing to come here and finish their career with a last hurrah..
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, September 25, 2020, 8:41pm; Reply: 11
So he hasn't even played a single game for his parent club in 4 years. They must regard him so highly! I bet they are laughing their tiits off that they have managed to offload him again.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, September 25, 2020, 8:46pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
For crying out loud, surely we've got enough in there with Clifton, Edwards, Rose, Williams, Hewitt, sure I've missed someone, we need a proven striker, an old head up front, I don't care if he doesn't track back, run round like a greyhound, we need a fox in the box, surely with all the players out of contract there's somebody willing to come here and finish their career with a last hurrah..

It could just be a case of getting more players through the door as cheap as possible to have more options for a fit starting XI
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 25, 2020, 8:51pm; Reply: 13

It could just be a case of getting more players through the door as cheap as possible to have more options for a fit starting XI

It's fluffing out the squad with players we don't need, he's come here on loan to play games but can't see him being more than bench warmer, it's not a position we needed to strengthen in, that's where I'm coming from..not that it matters because I can't see this season being see out to be honest
Posted by: Croxton, September 25, 2020, 8:53pm; Reply: 14
Some FGR loan footage in this. Can certainly ping a diagonal!

https://twitter.com/tinnion_brian/status/1252926235124080640?lang=en

Is IH sending a message to some senior players here? Is Tilley homesick? Bristol will expect him to play a good percentage of games so who misses out?
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 25, 2020, 9:04pm; Reply: 15
Henderson has only played one game for his parent club (Man United).  He is a half- decent player.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 25, 2020, 9:09pm; Reply: 16

Anyway welcome to GTFC James, nothing to do with you but we are all feeling miserable at the moment with how things are going   :)
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, September 25, 2020, 9:10pm; Reply: 17
Think we should not be too quick to criticise Ollies choice of signings.
Ollie has certainly had more experience of footy management than me, despite what I might think about our current perilous position
Posted by: GrimRob, September 25, 2020, 9:48pm; Reply: 18
So he has to wait 2 weeks to see his teammates?
Posted by: moosey_club, September 25, 2020, 10:16pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

It's fluffing out the squad with players we don't need, he's come here on loan to play games but can't see him being more than bench warmer, it's not a position we needed to strengthen in, that's where I'm coming from..not that it matters because I can't see this season being see out to be honest

or maybe Holloway isn't too impressed with his additions so far and thinks we do need to strengthen.
Posted by: Mariner56, September 26, 2020, 7:51am; Reply: 20
I’m yet to see any official confirmation of this signing!?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 26, 2020, 8:26am; Reply: 21
Quoted from moosey_club

or maybe Holloway isn't too impressed with his additions so far and thinks we do need to strengthen.

This is spot on not in every case but in many , they’ve just not impressed him one bit
Posted by: golfer, September 26, 2020, 9:14am; Reply: 22
Fink we ort to sine amature players insted of proffesional lone wons - wood be a lot cheeper and not much difrense in kwolity.
Posted by: Poojah, September 26, 2020, 9:16am; Reply: 23
Quoted from golfer
Fink we ort to sine amature players insted of proffesional lone wons - wood be a lot cheeper and not much difrense in kwolity.

Christ, my sister-in-law is in her mid-thirties and genuinely writes like that.
Posted by: golfer, September 26, 2020, 9:47am; Reply: 24
Soree - whent to nite skule but it wos dark
Posted by: rancido, September 26, 2020, 12:31pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from golfer

Has Wayne got a new nom-de-plume?
Posted by: Ipswin, September 26, 2020, 1:00pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from promotion plaice

Anyway welcome to GTFC James, nothing to do with you but we are all feeling miserable at the moment with how things are going   :)

He's probably a bit drunk off himself. His home club have sent him out on loan to Grimsby Town FFS

Posted by: promotion plaice, September 27, 2020, 10:22pm; Reply: 27

Apparently James is teetotal and refrains from swearing...welcome to GTFC James.
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), September 28, 2020, 2:19pm; Reply: 28
Genuinely excited by this one.

Looks like he spreads play like a young Charlie Adam did for Blackpool.

Desperately needed this type of player.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, September 28, 2020, 2:29pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

This is spot on not in every case but in many , they’ve just not impressed him one bit

so whose fault is that? Bingo Bob balls up again no doubt
Posted by: Boris Johnson, September 28, 2020, 2:31pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from 3610

delighted....

on what basis, lacks experience at league level, hasnt got a goal in him ( not unusual for a Town midfielder) and this was not a priority area...

Its balderdash
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), September 28, 2020, 3:31pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Boris Johnson

delighted....

on what basis, lacks experience at league level, hasnt got a goal in him ( not unusual for a Town midfielder) and this was not a priority area...

Its balderdash

Ok what basis. He looks an absolute baller.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, September 28, 2020, 4:05pm; Reply: 32
Has he actually signed yet?
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, September 28, 2020, 4:06pm; Reply: 33
PS, what is a 'Baller'?
Posted by: pen penfras, September 28, 2020, 4:09pm; Reply: 34
PS, what is a 'Baller'?

I thought it was somebody who lives a lavish lifestyle and basically has more money than sense.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, September 28, 2020, 4:40pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from 3610

Its OK getting a player who can spray the ball all round the park, but if we havent got players who can run for 90 minutes and chase these 'wonder' passes, then we may as well have Ray Wilkins in midfield passing it backwards all the time........and yes I know he has passed on.....but even then he only went sideways!
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 12:24pm