Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /    /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 22, 2020, 11:45pm

Sorry if it's already been posted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08s70cc

Will delete if so.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 23, 2020, 12:46am; Reply: 1
First interview I have listened to with Mr Day.

I thought he comes over really well.
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), September 23, 2020, 4:02am; Reply: 2
Got given the board massive praise for having cash reserves.......

Didn’t understand the players agreed  25 percent off wage though.

I thought this was until fans Came back and not until they started training again. Surely that was what furlough was for.

Also, if no one is on reduced salary anymore since they started training - why has limbrick been essentially let go for refusing to take a pay cut ?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 23, 2020, 7:14am; Reply: 3
Quoted from 3610
Got given the board massive praise for having cash reserves.......

Didn’t understand the players agreed  25 percent off wage though.

I thought this was until fans Came back and not until they started training again. Surely that was what furlough was for.

Also, if no one is on reduced salary anymore since they started training - why has limbrick been essentially let go for refusing to take a pay cut ?

Furlough only covered 80% of a £30,000 per annum salary. So £2,500 per calendar month or £577 per week.

Obviously our senior players are on considerably more than that a week. I was told James Hanson was given £1,800 a week when he signed. James McKeown threw his toys out of the pram and was given the same. Even a voluntary 25% pay cut leaves them on £1,350 a week. Town would have to top up the difference and pay the 20% of the £577 portion not covered by the furlough scheme. So the club were still paying them around £900 a week when they were furloughed.
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), September 23, 2020, 7:23am; Reply: 4
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Furlough only covered 80% of a £30,000 per annum salary. So £2,500 per calendar month or £577 per week.

Obviously our senior players are on considerably more than that a week. I was told James Hanson was given £1,800 a week when he signed. James McKeown threw his toys out of the pram and was given the same. Even a voluntary 25% pay cut leaves them on £1,350 a week. Town would have to top up the difference and pay the 20% of the £577 portion not covered by the furlough scheme. So the club were still paying them around £900 a week when they were furloughed.

Nice one. 👍

Posted by: GrimRob, September 23, 2020, 7:42am; Reply: 5
We really need Billy Bunter's postal order

Used to love those books from the Grimsby children's library!
Posted by: Davec, September 23, 2020, 8:25am; Reply: 6
Holloway said a few weeks ago that the players initially agreed to take a 25% pay cut until crowds were allowed in but the players then contacted the PFA when they started training to get back on full pay.

The coaching staff are all still on 25% pay cuts and Limbrick couldn't afford to have the pay cut for much longer.

Source: Ian Holloway in a pre or post match interview.
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, September 23, 2020, 8:25am; Reply: 7
Quoted from GrimRob
We really need Billy Bunter's postal order

Used to love those books from the Grimsby children's library!

You would not be able to read this book today....................Fat Shaming !  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 23, 2020, 12:55pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

You would not be able to read this book today....................Fat Shaming !  ;)

It wouldn’t make sense as a book these days. The fat kid at school was the odd one out. These days it’s the norm. The area near the goal post in games lessons must be crowded nowadays.
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, September 23, 2020, 1:11pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It wouldn’t make sense as a book these days. The fat kid at school was the odd one out. These days it’s the norm. The area near the goal post in games lessons must be crowded nowadays.

I think its the norm as physical exercise is not a requirement in all schools nowadays, god forbid some of the little darlings might break into a sweat !  ;)

Posted by: pen penfras, September 23, 2020, 1:23pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It's more common, but it is no way the norm. I've been doing the school run lately and I've only spotted one fat kid and couple of chubbies. This is primary school, I imagine secondary school is a bit worse.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 23, 2020, 5:47pm; Reply: 11
If only we had a promising young centre half who we could sell for a million in the next couple of weeks.......
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 23, 2020, 6:50pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

I think its the norm as physical exercise is not a requirement in all schools nowadays, god forbid some of the little darlings might break into a sweat !  ;)

It is a requirement in schools. It’s just the rest of society allowing them to stuff lots of sugary food and drink down their throats.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 23, 2020, 6:52pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from pen penfras

It's more common, but it is no way the norm. I've been doing the school run lately and I've only spotted one fat kid and couple of chubbies. This is primary school, I imagine secondary school is a bit worse.

That’s surprising as every time I’ve been to NELincs in recent years the number of overweight people is striking.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 3:34pm