Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, September 20, 2020, 3:19pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/1307374051514605568   Same as on Ifollow. Looks and sounds almost defeated
Posted by: GrimExile, September 20, 2020, 3:26pm; Reply: 1
Sorry but the link doesn’t work. At least not for me anyway.
Posted by: GrimExile, September 20, 2020, 3:28pm; Reply: 2
I’ve found it and I hope this link works for anyone interested. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08rzjm1
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 20, 2020, 3:30pm; Reply: 3

Yeah watched it yesterday on iFollow.

He sounded deflated, think he's finally realised the enormity of the task he has taken on here given our financial constraints and location.
Posted by: Ipswin, September 20, 2020, 3:49pm; Reply: 4
Let's just hope he doesn't wake up one day soon and realise he doesn't really need all this excrement
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 20, 2020, 3:59pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Ipswin
Let's just hope he doesn't wake up one day soon and realise he doesn't really need all this excrement

Never thought I'd hear you want Holloway to stay Swin   :)

Posted by: Stadium, September 20, 2020, 4:05pm; Reply: 6
Link here:

https://voca.ro/cVX9CqhwXbi
Posted by: Ipswin, September 20, 2020, 4:20pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

Never thought I'd hear you want Holloway to stay Swin   :)

Frankly I'm not that bothered either way as I have never really bought into the 'Olliefest', more bullshit and wild dreams than anything, but he probably is the best we are going to get (another Jolley we don't need) he has accumulated a squad of unfit inexperienced kids I wouldn't wish on any successor so I hope he sorts that out before he goes and finally I don't want his dream to be over while we are in the bottom two
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 20, 2020, 4:20pm; Reply: 8
It's the first time I've heard a tone of voice from Holloway that genuinely worries me, I'm convinced if he didn't have £100k wrapped up in the club he wouldn't have returned post Covid-19. He sounds down beat and brow beaten and the reality of getting players to come the club, certainly the ones he would truly want, has hit home.
Just hope he's true to those original words that he wants to leave a legacy and something the fans and town can be proud of. We lose him,  we lose our league status and I think we'll just end up another Stockport.
Posted by: pen penfras, September 20, 2020, 4:27pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
It's the first time I've heard a tone of voice from Holloway that genuinely worries me, I'm convinced if he didn't have £100k wrapped up in the club he wouldn't have returned post Covid-19. He sounds down beat and brow beaten and the reality of getting players to come the club, certainly the ones he would truly want, has hit home.
Just hope he's true to those original words that he wants to leave a legacy and something the fans and town can be proud of. We lose him,  we lose our league status and I think we'll just end up another Stockport.

He's sounded like that a couple of times. He can hardly come out and be enthusiastic after just losing 4-0, and his assessment is pretty fair. We did some good things, but we did some bad things and after going behind we were rubbish. We're missing a lot of players and others need work to be ready. Wants to give Green some help up front, so maybe a different formation next week. A good performance and result, then he'll be back with over the top enthusiasm.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 20, 2020, 4:30pm; Reply: 10
Course he sounds down. We just got dicked 0-4 and nobody likes losing, especially in that manner.

We are 2 games into a 46 game season and we are already relegated and losing the manager according to some.
Posted by: oochiad, September 20, 2020, 6:23pm; Reply: 11
And all the idiots sticking the boot in isn’t going to help Ollies mood is it? It’s like some of our fans love it when we intercourse up, for gods sake it’s 2 games in. We have seen enough I believe to know we will have a good team. I just for once we could all understand that it might take more than a couple of games ffs. We are not going to get a better more experienced manager than IH so can we please get behind him and give him the support he deserves.....
Posted by: moosey_club, September 20, 2020, 7:29pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from pen penfras

He's sounded like that a couple of times. He can hardly come out and be enthusiastic after just losing 4-0, and his assessment is pretty fair. We did some good things, but we did some bad things and after going behind we were rubbish. We're missing a lot of players and others need work to be ready. Wants to give Green some help up front, so maybe a different formation next week. A good performance and result, then he'll be back with over the top enthusiasm.

Could be another in the long line of managers that has to realise lower league players just dont cope with anything other than 4-4-2.
Inverted Christmas trees, false no 10's, 3-1-2-3-1, and the like just confuses the fck out of everybody except the opposition.
Posted by: toontown, September 20, 2020, 8:27pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from moosey_club

Could be another in the long line of managers that has to realise lower league players just dont cope with anything other than 4-4-2.
Inverted Christmas trees, false no 10's, 3-1-2-3-1, and the like just confuses the fck out of everybody except the opposition.

Just cos you play 2 up front doesn't mean you have to play 4 4 2
Posted by: Mikey_345, September 20, 2020, 8:39pm; Reply: 14
If you listen to his pre match he sounds the opposite, enthused and excited.

He obviously feels results and I think the defeat is what influenced his post match one. Think some reading too much into things..
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 20, 2020, 10:47pm; Reply: 15
After a 4-0 defeat you can't be enthusiastic. Just hope the pre-interview conversation wasn't as bad as the last one after a 4-0 defeat.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 21, 2020, 12:15pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from toontown

Just cos you play 2 up front doesn't mean you have to play 4 4 2

Well aware, but we have seen plenty of managers at this level try varying formations and very few succeed with it, I cant in my memory recall anyone at this club getting consistent results or performances with anything other than 4-4-2.
Posted by: thefish, September 21, 2020, 12:45pm; Reply: 17
I'd be concerned if he didn't sound down- we had just lost 4-0 at home.

However, he's a positive character... I'm certain he will have dusted himself down and will be back in today fighting like the Ian Holloway we know and love; fighting to improve the squad we have; fighting to bounce back next weekend.

UTM
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, September 21, 2020, 1:26pm; Reply: 18
4132 is a very good formation but very dependant on having a strong ball winning DM
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 8:13am