Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: moosey_club, September 20, 2020, 10:08am
Does anyone know if the EFL etc made any specific rulings or clauses regards Covid causing another curtailed season following last season?

ie, minimum number of games to be played before they would consider tables to representative,  amendments to how they would configure final league placings, has a precedent been set now following last seasons decisions  or would the whole thing have to go to its members again for a vote?

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 20, 2020, 10:27am; Reply: 1
2 games minimum and then average points I think. Any Maths boffins able to work out where we'd be?
Posted by: pizzzza, September 20, 2020, 10:35am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
2 games minimum and then average points I think. Any Maths boffins able to work out where we'd be?

If we extrapolate the data we have from the first two games we will complete the season with a record of P46 W0 D0 L46 F0 A115 Pts0
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 20, 2020, 10:52am; Reply: 3
There’s absolutely no way a final league table could be decided on average points per game if less than half the games were played . Surely you’d have to have played every team at least once to form a reasonable outcome ?
Posted by: Ipswin, September 20, 2020, 11:55am; Reply: 4
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
There’s absolutely no way a final league table could be decided on average points per game if less than half the games were played . Surely you’d have to have played every team at least once to form a reasonable outcome ?

You hope
Posted by: moosey_club, September 20, 2020, 1:52pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Well....i would have thought even as minimum probably more than half a season but it is the EFL.  I would expect last seasons decision would set a precedent otherwise legal action may come from teams who lost out last time maybe ?

Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 12:41am