Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: RichMariner, September 20, 2020, 12:42am
Just getting a bit confused about who's injured and who's not fit. Seems a lengthy list either way.

Injured (as of Salford game):

Luke Hendrie, Mattie Pollock, Luke Waterfall, Max Wright and James Hanson

Not match fit:

Bilel Mohsni, Sean Scannell and Danny Rose. Is George Williams deemed match fit? Non-league signings still need to get used to training full-time, so that's Luke Spokes, Montel Gibson, Ira Jackson Jr and Alhagi Touray Sisay

Suspended:

Ludwig Ohman

So who is actually match fit?

By virtue of not falling under any previous category that leaves Elliott Hewitt, Danny Preston, Harry Clifton, Terry Taylor, James Tilley, Owura Edwards and Matt Green.

Not sure if it's coincidence but the guys who are injured are all first-teamers — and the guys who aren't are all from non-league, our youth academy or loans.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 20, 2020, 8:55am; Reply: 1
Yesterday was a weird one. For an hour I thought we were actually pretty good against a big, nasty, efficient side.  Then the way we fell away and the farcical ending left it feeling really bleak. I do think two or three senior pros into that team would make a huge difference. Replace Idehen yesterday with Waterfall or Pollock, Hendre in at right back for Hewitt, a fit Rose in for Taylor, Hanson for Green and maybe Green moves across to replace Tilley. That would be a markedly different team for me and would just balance the youth a bit.

Going to be a tough run over the next few weeks with tough games and injuries but I still think we'll be okay for another season of mid table mediocrity.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 20, 2020, 9:32am; Reply: 2
I know some won't like this but I think Green needs to be in the team. We all know he's not a target man but if we are going 4-2-3-1 then I would play him on the left or right of the 3.
Posted by: lee65, September 20, 2020, 9:37am; Reply: 3
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I know some won't like this but I think Green needs to be in the team. We all know he's not a target man but if we are going 4-2-3-1 then I would play him on the left or right of the 3.

Green is one of the better players at the minute, and does keep going. He is certainly not the problem currently
Posted by: HarrogateMariner, September 20, 2020, 9:43am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Yesterday was a weird one. For an hour I thought we were actually pretty good against a big, nasty, efficient side.  Then the way we fell away and the farcical ending left it feeling really bleak. I do think two or three senior pros into that team would make a huge difference. Replace Idehen yesterday with Waterfall or Pollock, Hendre in at right back for Hewitt, a fit Rose in for Taylor, Hanson for Green and maybe Green moves across to replace Tilley. That would be a markedly different team for me and would just balance the youth a bit.

Completely agree with this. A few changes when players are back fit and we will be fine. Not saying we will go up but with the young players in the squad this year I don't think we were ever going to. Give them a season in the league and keep them together for a promotion push next year. Maybe not what we all want but the most realistic outcome in my opinion.
Going to be a tough run over the next few weeks with tough games and injuries but I still think we'll be okay for another season of mid table mediocrity.

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 20, 2020, 9:45am; Reply: 5
Agree that Green played well yesterday and at Walsall. Strangely he seems fitter and sharper than he did last year.
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2020, 10:13am; Reply: 6
I'd much prefer 2 strikers at top, as i always think having 1 up top just makes it easy for the oppositons defense.

but that might limit the formations that the players can play in such as 4-4-2, 5-3-2, 4-3-1-2, and would make use of wingers.

Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 20, 2020, 10:27am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Agree that Green played well yesterday and at Walsall. Strangely he seems fitter and sharper than he did last year.

Absolutely, he created our best chance, forced a fantastic save from the keeper and was inches from scoring an overhead kick.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, September 20, 2020, 8:12pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Looks like he has improved a lot on last year but needs players around him.
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 9:45pm