Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: PoutonStepover, September 19, 2020, 2:05pm
Not the most attacking starting 11 I’ve seen but it’s about all we’ve got!

[url] https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1307303491057184772?s=21[/url]
Posted by: aldi_01, September 19, 2020, 2:08pm; Reply: 1
It’s fine...we’re just giving everyone else a 6-8 week head start
Posted by: Hagrid, September 19, 2020, 2:09pm; Reply: 2
jackson and Cisay must surely be fit enough for 15 mins off the bench. Or at least an option off the bench ahead of A 15 year old
Posted by: pen penfras, September 19, 2020, 2:11pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from PoutonStepover
Not the most attacking starting 11 I’ve seen but it’s about all we’ve got!

[url] https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1307303491057184772?s=21[/url]

Where are Waterfall and Pollock?

Edwards and Tilley wide of Green is a tricky forward line up, let's hope they can find some end product today.
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 19, 2020, 2:12pm; Reply: 4
No Waterfall or Pollock.  They must both be furious.

No Hendrie, so must have failed his fitness test.

Still no Hanson.

No sign of Sisay yet.

Not confident of a result, I have to say.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 19, 2020, 2:13pm; Reply: 5
Pollocks Injured
Posted by: 139881 (Guest), September 19, 2020, 2:13pm; Reply: 6
Pollock tweaked his ankle in training

I'm guessing that the others who've been left out (and aren't injured) are down to fitness
Posted by: moosey_club, September 19, 2020, 2:14pm; Reply: 7
Clifton in I thought might happen but not for Rose. Tilly doesnt inspire me that's for sure.
Posted by: TheultimateMariner, September 19, 2020, 2:17pm; Reply: 8
Anyone know where Scannell is?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, September 19, 2020, 2:18pm; Reply: 9
No Scannell. Injury prone?
Posted by: aldi_01, September 19, 2020, 2:18pm; Reply: 10
At least we’ve got our excuse ready...

Must say, regardless of whatever side was put out, I don’t think I’ve met many folk confident, some with the excuse of the fitness bollcoks, others jus being realistic...
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 19, 2020, 2:22pm; Reply: 11
I doubt we’ll see a regular XI for 3-4 weeks, a little bit like a pre-season would’ve been...
Posted by: golfer, September 19, 2020, 2:27pm; Reply: 12
Very weak forward line - if you can call it that. Hope the full backs are allowed to be more attacking seeing it's a home match.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 19, 2020, 2:32pm; Reply: 13
If there are goals in the club they are on the treatment table not on the pitch.
Posted by: PoutonStepover, September 19, 2020, 2:34pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Hagrid
jackson and Cisay must surely be fit enough for 15 mins off the bench. Or at least an option off the bench ahead of A 15 year old

I’m in no way playing Louis Boyd down here, as he hasn’t put a foot wrong since coming into the team, but I think Ollie will now be obliged to push him though to become a regular starter, you don’t hear of many players that are the youngest player to ever play/score for their team at this level that don’t go on to become a regular first team player, or get snapped up by a bigger team pretty quick!
Posted by: ginnywings, September 19, 2020, 2:34pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
No Scannell. Injury prone?

He's not  "not fit", just not yet match fit according to IH.

Think it's gonna take a while before we are up to speed and full strength.

Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 19, 2020, 2:34pm; Reply: 16
Line up? who knows what will happen, but I will sit there with my haddock and shout, cheer and moan at the telly.
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 19, 2020, 2:40pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from ginnywings

He's not  "not fit", just not yet match fit according to IH.

Think it's gonna take a while before we are up to speed and full strength.

It's very weird they expect us to believe a professional athlete, who has played a grand total of 180 minutes of football over the past fortnight, is somehow now so out of match practice they're incapable of even making the bench today. There's no match in midweek, we're not playing again until next weekend. How much longer does Holloway think he can keep citing a lack of 'match fitness' over the bizarre omission of senior players from matchday squads?
Posted by: aldi_01, September 19, 2020, 2:50pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Chrisblor

It's very weird they expect us to believe a professional athlete, who has played a grand total of 180 minutes of football over the past fortnight, is somehow now so out of match practice they're incapable of even making the bench today. There's no match in midweek, we're not playing again until next weekend. How much longer does Holloway think he can keep citing a lack of 'match fitness' over the bizarre omission of senior players from matchday squads?

But but but...it’s been hard...in holloway we trust and all that balderdash.

Personally, the lack of fitness excuse is already flipping boring, and actually causes me concern, they’re professional athletes and can’t seemingly get themselves going...thousands of folk have been returning to work in the last few weeks, they can’t give it 6 weeks to get going...
Posted by: Boris Johnson, September 19, 2020, 2:53pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Chrisblor

Agree, how can he be less fit today?
Posted by: ginnywings, September 19, 2020, 2:59pm; Reply: 20
If you listen to the IH Radio Humberside interview with Matt Dean, which is on Twitter, he explains why Scannell won't be playing today. Whether you agree with his assessment is a different matter.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 6:09pm