Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TAGG, September 16, 2020, 9:18am
Don't know if I be missed it by why have Town not gone with the 1000 fans for the first game???
Posted by: mimma, September 16, 2020, 1:19pm; Reply: 1
Could someone please explain how they arrive at this figure.

Has it just been plucked out of the air?
Posted by: Croxton, September 16, 2020, 1:31pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from mimma

UP to a thousand. Enables clubs who have been on the front foot and have favourable ground facilities to make a small step forward. Local authorities, Police and local health authorities can then have some data so good practice can be shared?

We never had a prayer of being able to respond in time. FGR and others were able to apply immediately and tell their fans to lobby  politicians on their behalf.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 16, 2020, 7:33pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from TAGG
Don't know if I be missed it by why have Town not gone with the 1000 fans for the first game???

John and Ian the handymen are still painting the new one way signs and sweeping out beneath the Main Stand so we arent able to apply to the local authority for a ground certificate yet.

Plus, seeing as we have sold the season tickets already then there is no further income to be had by letting fans in yet, only expenditure, so as a short term business plan it makes sense to not be part of the trial, let the other clubs run the experiment at their expense....weakens their position in theory.
Posted by: Stadium, September 16, 2020, 7:35pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from mimma

A number of EFL Clubs will be permitted to admit spectators into Sky Bet League matches this weekend as part of the ongoing ‘return of fans’ pilot programme.

As per the current guidance, crowds will be capped at a capacity of 1,000 as discussions continue with the Government about return for supporters’ in greater numbers post October 1, 2020.

The move to extend the programme follows a successful pilot staged at Cambridge United last week when fans were in attendance at a professional football match for the first time since March.
Posted by: NorthLondonMariner, September 17, 2020, 9:37pm; Reply: 5
Hull's game was due to be one of the pilot games this weekend, but Hull city council have just told them they cant do it.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1306685443568738310

Posted by: TAGG, September 17, 2020, 10:17pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from moosey_club

John and Ian the handymen are still painting the new one way signs and sweeping out beneath the Main Stand so we arent able to apply to the local authority for a ground certificate yet.

Plus, seeing as we have sold the season tickets already then there is no further income to be had by letting fans in yet, only expenditure, so as a short term business plan it makes sense to not be part of the trial, let the other clubs run the experiment at their expense....weakens their position in theory.

Brilliant  ;D  ;D
Posted by: aldi_01, September 18, 2020, 6:13am; Reply: 7
Quoted from moosey_club

You forgot to mention how this could really devalue the product...
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 18, 2020, 6:16am; Reply: 8
I can’t see any advantage to letting any fans in grounds at the moment. If anything it’s a disadvantage due to cost , the hassle of track and trace , the repercussions if any of the 1000 fans come down with Covid after the game etc etc etc . If we can’t meet more than 6 people socially outside a ground I can’t see the logic in letting 1000 fans into a game .
Posted by: aldi_01, September 18, 2020, 6:29am; Reply: 9
Track and trace? That’s not a hassle, it’s just simply a phrase that’s used but in truth doesn’t really exist...or so it would seem.

It’s quickly turning in to farce...some may argue that given we remain almost rooted to the bottom in terms of cases we’d have been a good trial area, see if bringing a 1000 people has any bearing on spread at all.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 18, 2020, 6:37am; Reply: 10
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I can’t see any advantage to letting any fans in grounds at the moment. If anything it’s a disadvantage due to cost , the hassle of track and trace , the repercussions if any of the 1000 fans come down with Covid after the game etc etc etc . If we can’t meet more than 6 people socially outside a ground I can’t see the logic in letting 1000 fans into a game .

It’s not the same at all. There will be groups (probably now restricted to 6) socially distancing from other groups in an outdoor football stadium. It’s not 1,000 (or 2,200) fans crammed together in one stand.

The truth is it’s ridiculous that indoor venues such as pubs and restaurants where you can’t practically wear a mask have been reopened for ages and sports venues where people can wear a mask if they choose have had to remain closed.
Posted by: Stadium, September 18, 2020, 11:01am; Reply: 11
Quoted from GollyGTFC

It’s not the same at all. There will be groups (probably now restricted to 6) socially distancing from other groups in an outdoor football stadium. It’s not 1,000 (or 2,200) fans crammed together in one stand.

The truth is it’s ridiculous that indoor venues such as pubs and restaurants where you can’t practically wear a mask have been reopened for ages and sports venues where people can wear a mask if they choose have had to remain closed.

It's quite simple why they were opened.
Clue is the "economy"
Posted by: Sigone, September 19, 2020, 1:03pm; Reply: 12
Just seen the team run out at Carlisle with a crowd, I guess mask wearing was not mandatory...foolish I.m.o
Posted by: Henryscat, September 19, 2020, 1:08pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Sigone
Just seen the team run out at Carlisle with a crowd, I guess mask wearing was not mandatory...foolish I.m.o

It’s Cumbria, same family bubble
Posted by: Hagrid, September 19, 2020, 1:09pm; Reply: 14
Hope its us in that position in 2 weeks but cant see it
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 2:35am