Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 139914 (Guest), September 15, 2020, 11:02pm
Not very good at this internet thing so perhaps one of the learned could input on how to do this...

I struggled to get to games because I live 140ish miles from BP and have conflicting weekend interests.  However, I remain invested in GTFC as a born and bred fan and will happily donate on a regular basis to try and do my bit through the current situation.  I don’t want anything except the feel good that I’m helping the club to survive.  How about a tenner for each home game, don’t want ifollow or anything but fishy updates.  If someone from the trust or club can set this up I’m in as a subscriber.  If my club survives it’s a worthy investment.
Posted by: immariner, September 15, 2020, 11:34pm; Reply: 1
Shares?
Posted by: marinerdazza, September 16, 2020, 11:22am; Reply: 2
This thread really isn’t what I thought it was going to be about.
Posted by: diehardmariner, September 16, 2020, 11:39am; Reply: 3
There was a Youth Development Association leaflet in the season ticket pack that offered various monthly subscriptions to help towards their funding, various packages ranging from £10 a month to £50.

Personally I can't think of any better way than helping the club at the minute than helping to secure the long-term future.  I firmly believe our club will survive the current situation, but at some point the cloth will have to be cut accordingly.  I'm sure no-one at the club wants it, but there may be a point where the youth set-up (something in my opinion which is the absolute future of this club) is on the table.

I've had quick look on their website but can't find any info.  If you're interested I'll try and scan the leaflet and send it.
Posted by: Kris2, September 16, 2020, 12:48pm; Reply: 4
I was really hoping for a thread talking about low quality footballs that were so light that you could kick them a mile in the air that you had as a kid when I read the title.
Posted by: pizzzza, September 16, 2020, 2:24pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from marinerdazza

Yeah, it's a bit excrement really isn't it?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 16, 2020, 3:21pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Kris2
I was really hoping for a thread talking about low quality footballs that were so light that you could kick them a mile in the air that you had as a kid when I read the title.

Frido?
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 16, 2020, 4:23pm; Reply: 7

Frido?

I've no idea what he called his dog.
Posted by: Kris2, September 16, 2020, 4:28pm; Reply: 8

Frido?

Before my time. The main ones I always remember are the Super Tele and Shoot size 5 balls. Somebody always had one to bring to school for a game, probably cost 50p back in the day.
Posted by: cardiffmariner, September 16, 2020, 5:37pm; Reply: 9
10 bob swerver back in early eighties, even though I had no idea what a 'bob' was!
Posted by: Ipswin, September 16, 2020, 7:01pm; Reply: 10

Frido?

That takes me back!

Posted by: Stadium, September 16, 2020, 7:36pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from pizzzza

Yeah, it's a bit excrement really isn't it?

Down the pan already for me.

Posted by: denni266, September 16, 2020, 8:47pm; Reply: 12
Usually find on in the main stand loos on match day  ;D
Posted by: Caveman, September 17, 2020, 8:03pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Stadium

Down the pan already for me.

Not exactly flushed with cash either
Posted by: Mallyner, September 17, 2020, 8:08pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from marinerdazza

Was it in lieu of it?  ;)
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 1:04pm