Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 11, 2020, 10:51pm
On another social media platform someone who actually posts some good stuff reckons we’ve had around 1200 season ticket renewals.
Posted by: LH, September 11, 2020, 11:02pm; Reply: 1
Well under the original stated figures for how many would be allowed in but a change of circumstances means nobody will get in. I include myself in this but well done to everyone who gambled. A hefty sum to get not a lot from.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 11, 2020, 11:08pm; Reply: 2
I guess when (if) the restrictions get lifted and they’ve worked out the weekly general sale amount there would be a strong chance of us selling out each week.

As well as the perceived COVID risk many people quite rightly so didn’t want to gamble with what is at the moment hard earned money.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 11, 2020, 11:59pm; Reply: 3
Philip Day just said in his OS interview that our capacity will be around 2200 at most depending on seating bubbles so 1200 season tickets not bad really in the current climate
Posted by: aldi_01, September 12, 2020, 6:53am; Reply: 4
For some the risk of not getting in at all is too big, for others I still think the two week turn around to find the money was a big ask given the last 5 months.

I guess what it means is those who were on the fence or weren’t sure may be able to have that change of heart and purchase one.

Mine were purchased last week so hoping to be given my seat numbers etc this week; I am in a fortunate position where I can afford the ticket and am happy to pay it. For me, regardless of situation and regardless of my opinion on how the club is (badly) run, the thought of not having a ST was/is alien.

However, I do fully understand why some folk may not bother, much like the crowd funder. Did I agree with it? Not at all but if folk felt compelled to throw in some cash that’s their choice.

Anyway, safe trip for those of us travelling to Walsall today, remember, the car park directly outside of the ground doesn’t charge and the pub is a bit of a walk so give yourself plenty of time...
Posted by: moosey_club, September 12, 2020, 10:34am; Reply: 5
Cynically it could turn out quite well for the club, money for nothing in effect if the gates arent actually allowed to open or the season is curtailed again.  
Posted by: Croxton, September 14, 2020, 9:33am; Reply: 6
My credit card account now says GTFC has taken £255.......... on Sept 8th!

No email confirmation as yet from Club. As a sole exile, this process has been somewhat distant and difficult to track since posting off the form.
I take it that means no ballot was needed for any part of the ground.
I also anticipate that an update will come from the club re bubbles etc. later on.
Driving 70 miles to the ticket office might have been simpler !
I'm relaxed about when we actually get to attend matches and understand that trials have been suspended. I just hope that communication twixt club and fans can be more prompt when that day arrives.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, September 14, 2020, 9:43am; Reply: 7
I applied for a £255 concession ticket. Could have been an error on my part, although I don’t think so, but I see I’be been debited £374 and all he phones are not up and running to try and correct the mistake. Not very happy about this so far.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, September 14, 2020, 10:02am; Reply: 8
All sorted, their mistake, money going back on my card. Much happier now.
Posted by: marinerdazza, September 14, 2020, 10:04am; Reply: 9
Was just thinking that ifollow alone will cost me £230 this season at least. May as well have renewed. Oh well.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, September 14, 2020, 10:56am; Reply: 10
Quoted from aldi_01
For some the risk of not getting in at all is too big, for others I still think the two week turn around to find the money was a big ask given the last 5 months.

Does everyone wait until the last 2 weeks before a season starts to buy a ST every year? Or do they save a bit up over the previous months to pay for a ST?

Yes, we didnt know when ST might go on sale, if at all, but theres no use in complaining if time is of short measure to get them. Anyone using a bit of common sense and putting some money aside every week or month, depending when pay day is, would cover any need to suddenly find appropriate funding for a ST.
Posted by: brigg_mariner, September 14, 2020, 2:48pm; Reply: 11
I have renewed, not expecting to attend any games this season, but happy to give the club my hard earned.

I spoke to ticket office and the season ticket cards and season passes for iFollow will be available for collection towards the end of this week.

The girls have been working hard to get people into the selected bubbles and social distancing measures to accommodate all that have paid, well done to them, not an easy time.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 14, 2020, 6:58pm; Reply: 12
Hopefully with the potentially lower than expected demand you all get at least your stand of choice.
Posted by: thefish, September 14, 2020, 7:24pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from brigg_mariner
I have renewed, not expecting to attend any games this season, but happy to give the club my hard earned.

I spoke to ticket office and the season ticket cards and season passes for iFollow will be available for collection towards the end of this week.

The girls have been working hard to get people into the selected bubbles and social distancing measures to accommodate all that have paid, well done to them, not an easy time.

So we need to pick them up? Obviously, I'd like my pass for iFollow before Saturday so will have to find a time to nip to the club if so!

Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 14, 2020, 9:25pm; Reply: 14
Anyone got any ideas how we’ll get confirmation of if we’ve got a ticket or not?
Posted by: ginnywings, September 14, 2020, 9:47pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Anyone got any ideas how we’ll get confirmation of if we’ve got a ticket or not?

I think everyone who has applied will get one, judging by the reported sales.
Posted by: thefish, September 14, 2020, 9:48pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You’ll have got one- we just need to pray that it’s worth having one!
Posted by: Hagrid, September 14, 2020, 9:54pm; Reply: 17
I see fans are back in Germany
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 14, 2020, 10:08pm; Reply: 18
France have gone for the "f@ck it" approach and are allowing fans back in and their PM has said it's time to get back to some level of normality, allow people to live their lives and accept we have to live with this virus for the foreseeable future, meanwhile, back across the English channel.......
Posted by: Abdul19, September 14, 2020, 10:40pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Hagrid
I see fans are back in Germany

Sure are 🤣

https://twitter.com/19SGD53_MatzeTO/status/1305583465551794176?s=19
Posted by: rancido, September 14, 2020, 11:00pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
France have gone for the "f@ck it" approach and are allowing fans back in and their PM has said it's time to get back to some level of normality, allow people to live their lives and accept we have to live with this virus for the foreseeable future, meanwhile, back across the English channel.......

I know what you mean but anybody that has lost a loved, especially if it was prematurely, will see things differently.
Posted by: Poojah, September 14, 2020, 11:03pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Abdul19

Yep, the idea that reduced, socially distanced crowds will reduce any negative vibe towards the players is a bit naive for me - if anything it'll just make the dickheads worse. I guarantee that whenever we're finally allowed back into Blundell Park, as soon as things aren't going well there'll be someone shouting something along the lines of "Don't you realise I'm risking my f**king like to come and watch you, you c**t?". It's always a tiny minority, but it winds me up nonetheless.

Not that I'm condoning players jumping into the stands to offer out fans by the way; I'm just not sure I'd have the temperament to put up with the constant bemoaning and abuse that players get. That said, I've been with the missus for 17 years now and that's pretty much been the condition of the relationship for 16 of them and I'm yet to resort to domestic violence, so you never know...
Posted by: aldi_01, September 15, 2020, 6:12am; Reply: 22
Assuming stadiums open, naturally abuse from the crowd will return. Players going in to the crowd though seems a tad ridiculous. In reality, the only difference is, as it was in non league, players will probably be able to identify the person that over steps the mark...other than that, for some clubs I’d expect the attendances to be similar to their normal gates.

Assuming we have only sold 1500 or so, have any other clubs seen a dramatic drop or poor uptake in STs? I’m not really sure on other clubs average ST sales so curious to see if the mood is similar across the country.
Posted by: vernontown, September 15, 2020, 9:26pm; Reply: 23
When will people hear about their season tickets?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 15, 2020, 9:34pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from vernontown
When will people hear about their season tickets?

Had a message from the Trust saying there won’t be a ballot and the club will announce the details tomorrow.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 16, 2020, 7:10am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Abdul19

Nur der HSV 😂
Posted by: Chrisblor, September 16, 2020, 12:22pm; Reply: 26
Has anyone who applied to renew their season ticket heard anything from the club on that front yet? I'm a bit perplexed cos I've heard nowt but they've just stuck a message on social media telling season ticket holders to visit the club shop or e-mail them to get an iFollow pass for the game on Saturday. I don't understand why they can't just email all successful season ticket holders with confirmation of the renewal along with the Salford iFollow code? If my season ticket has been successfully renewed then why do I need to contact them again myself or go in to the club shop to get the iFollow pass!?
Posted by: Trickytrev, September 16, 2020, 1:23pm; Reply: 27
Hot off the press the latest season ticket update :-
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/an-update-regarding-season-tickets/
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 16, 2020, 1:23pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from rancido

I know what you mean but anybody that has lost a loved, especially if it was prematurely, will see things differently.

Which is fair enough but at some point you need to accept that the world needs to start again.

Given that cases in France are going up and deaths aren’t (like many other places in Europe including the UK) there’s a strong argument we follow suit.
Posted by: Croxton, September 16, 2020, 1:53pm; Reply: 29
I've just emailed iFollowgtfc for the Salford match code as per instructions. They stress redeeming the code well before Saturday.
Posted by: rancido, September 17, 2020, 12:46pm; Reply: 30
I went to BP today and collected my code. I was told that we have sold 1300 ST's thus far. If, after the trial this w/end, grounds can open to the public as per reduced capacity ie 2000 for town, then all ST applicants will have access. However if we are limited to 1000, as the trial, then there will be a ballot to see who, out of the 1300 applicants, gets one of the 1000 allocated seats. Those who miss out on the ballot will get a refund. But if the season commences and then there is another lockdown in a few weeks time then no refunds will be given. This was all explained to me by one of the staff.
Posted by: Croxton, September 17, 2020, 1:19pm; Reply: 31
You can argue that a ballot is 'fair' because everyone has the same chance in theory but it cuts across any 'Fans For The Future' initiative and the notion of applying in bubbles. It's attractive too because no one has to decide who deserves a ticket more than anyone else. I get that, but as a single exile, I would happily give up my ticket to enable any bubble with kids in it to get one automatically.
Posted by: LH, September 17, 2020, 2:34pm; Reply: 32
It’d make sense to give people who lived locally priority in a ballot situation as if Town are allowed games on then it is safe locally but maybe not safe from where exiles are travelling in from.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 18, 2020, 6:34am; Reply: 33
I was more miffed about the fact the code for iFollow was simply a thin piece of paper that has a code on it. No attempt to laminate, put my name on it, some basic instructions or even the club badge...That really isn’t hard or time consuming to do either.

I never thought we’d sell anywhere near the 2200 but 1300 is lower than I thought...I’m assuming there’s multiple reasons for this.

The ticket office were great last week but it certainly implied that whilst those guys are working hard and on the receiving end of some unhappy folk, they weren’t involved or considered when the plans were being drawn up...

Time will tell as to whether my ticket will be of any actual use.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, September 18, 2020, 8:51am; Reply: 34
Quoted from pontoonlew

Which is fair enough but at some point you need to accept that the world needs to start again.

Given that cases in France are going up and deaths aren’t (like many other places in Europe including the UK) there’s a strong argument we follow suit.

Watched a bit of question time last night and current stats are showing the 0.4% of people catching the virus now are dying compared to 18% at its peak and evidently these figures are reflected in Spain and France which may help explain their new approach. The guy presenting these figures offered up 6 reasons as explanation I.e. most of the real vulnerable in the population have already died, many more younger people are now getting tested and virus affects them less etc. Cannot remember them all be advocated scientific research should be urgently focussed on clarifying if the virus is now a much weaker strain in which case the French approach is fully understandable and we should be doing the same and getting back to normality ASAP.
Posted by: Stadium, September 18, 2020, 1:49pm; Reply: 35
Sort your life out.....

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ian-holloway-boris-johnson-grimsby-4527527
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), September 25, 2020, 3:41pm; Reply: 36
Anyone know if we’ll be allocated a seat, been 2 weeks since I paid for my season ticket and not had any confirmation yet; also, do we still have to contact the club to get a match pass for the live stream?  The stream is ok but not happy paying £400 to listen to Radio Humberside and flashes to Burnsie masturbating over the mud rats.

Let’s face it we are unlikely to get into Blundell Park until next Spring and I hope the magic money tree falls on us and we can invest in TV video/camera equipment for better coverage. Technology should help take us forward not restrict us to one camcorder on the rusting gantry in the Upper Findus.

UTM
Posted by: ginnywings, September 25, 2020, 3:47pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from 28195
Anyone know if we’ll be allocated a seat, been 2 weeks since I paid for my season ticket and not had any confirmation yet; also, do we still have to contact the club to get a match pass for the live stream?  The stream is ok but not happy paying £400 to listen to Radio Humberside and flashes to Burnsie masturbating over the mud rats.

Let’s face it we are unlikely to get into Blundell Park until next Spring and I hope the magic money tree falls on us and we can invest in TV video/camera equipment for better coverage. Technology should help take us forward not restrict us to one camcorder on the rusting gantry in the Upper Findus.

UTM

Does your ST cover away games on iFollow? Thought it was only home games.
Posted by: pen penfras, September 25, 2020, 4:11pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from 28195

UTM

£10 is a lot of money for what you get with other products eg Sky or Netflix, but it's such a niche product that investment isn't worth it. Colchester came out and said they made about £8k from playing Bolton. The number of viewers won't really increase from multiple angles and analysis, but the cost will go up massively.

That's all assuming any of that is even possible with the current ifollow system.

We definitely need to embrace digital formats and advertise the ifollow games, but more features is taking money out of a pot that's already empty
Posted by: diehardmariner, September 25, 2020, 4:12pm; Reply: 39
Home games only.
Posted by: diehardmariner, September 25, 2020, 4:14pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from pen penfras

£10 is a lot of money for what you get with other products eg Sky or Netflix, but it's such a niche product that investment isn't worth it. Colchester came out and said they made about £8k from playing Bolton. The number of viewers won't really increase from multiple angles and analysis, but the cost will go up massively.

That's all assuming any of that is even possible with the current ifollow system.

We definitely need to embrace digital formats and advertise the ifollow games, but more features is taking money out of a pot that's already empty

I can't help but think that the club would be a lot better off doing this 'in-house'.  There's quite a decent media set-up at Grimsby Institute, surely it would be better linking in with them to provide this (no doubt could be done relatively cheap as predominantly it's work experience for people).  I confess, I've no idea of the contract terms that we're tied into with IFollow.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 26, 2020, 8:22am; Reply: 41
I don’t think the media set up at the college is the issue, rather the ownership of rights and so forth to actually broadcast.

I’m not sure anyone is savvy enough at the club to figure these sorts of things out. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, we should be throwing everything behind this platform for the foreseeable. Actually promoting it, incentives, reminding folk and so on. So far there’s been very little which is hardly productive.

On a personal level I think iFollow is awful but it was never really designed for every fan, only small numbers, now it’s every man and his dog using it.

Today’s game is off, my understanding is that we’ve decided against testing people and are just going to quarantine (this in its self seems an odd decision...unless we’re just gonna use it to get fitter, although training will be impacted) so I come streams will be down further.

I appreciate we’d have made about £8 for the checkatrade game but a home game next weekend would’ve generated some much needed income and so would today’s...I just hope we begin to throw our weight behind iFollow and realise the level of it’s importance this season.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 7:37pm