Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: fishboyUTM, September 6, 2020, 8:05pm
Hi, I was driving yesterday so didn’t see. Did town players take the knee yesterday did anyone see please?

Cheers
Posted by: Perkins, September 6, 2020, 8:26pm; Reply: 1
No
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, September 6, 2020, 8:37pm; Reply: 2
No
Posted by: Caveman, September 6, 2020, 9:10pm; Reply: 3
They were on their knees for the loast twenty minutes.
Posted by: davmariner, September 6, 2020, 10:19pm; Reply: 4
No
Posted by: monkeyboy, September 6, 2020, 11:18pm; Reply: 5
No and they shouldn’t either.
Posted by: wuffing, September 7, 2020, 7:37am; Reply: 6
We certainly kneeded some more subs on... ??)
Posted by: golfer, September 7, 2020, 7:47am; Reply: 7
Quoted from monkeyboy

Someone brave enough to say what a lot of people feel.  Post of the week
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 7, 2020, 9:27am; Reply: 8
^^Agreed.
Posted by: ska face, September 7, 2020, 10:00am; Reply: 9
Quoted from golfer

Yeah so brave, absolutely nobody other than the Prime Minister, most of the Cabinet, any govt MP who can get in front of a camera and almost all the press has dared speak out against the tyranny of...a few blokes kneeling.

🤡
Posted by: sam gy, September 7, 2020, 10:56am; Reply: 10
Quoted from golfer

So ruddy bloody brave.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: fishboyUTM, September 7, 2020, 11:47am; Reply: 11
Thanks
Posted by: Garth, September 7, 2020, 12:00pm; Reply: 12
I heard everyone took a knee when Ollie appeared from the tunnel
Posted by: Boris Johnson, September 7, 2020, 12:01pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Garth
I heard everyone took a knee when Ollie appeared from the tunnel

not true it was Dave 'Baseball Cap'  Moore
Posted by: cardiffmariner, September 7, 2020, 11:10pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from monkeyboy

Why not?
Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 8, 2020, 12:34am; Reply: 15
It will be interesting to see what happens about all this Billy Bullshit balderdash when people are actually allowed in football and sports grounds.
Will they be applauded? Booed?
Will they still carry on? Quietly stop and hope no one noticed?
Posted by: aldi_01, September 8, 2020, 6:09am; Reply: 16
Imagine booing someone for taking a knee...how small would your pecker have to be for that to happen...jeez.
Posted by: Croxton, September 8, 2020, 8:10am; Reply: 17
It's a matter for individuals. EFL have made a strong statement of support but no one should be peer pressured either way.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/june/not-today-or-any-day---efl-clubs-stand-together-against-racism-as-season-resumes/

This is a separate, but often conflated issue, to BLM. BBC staff and commentators are told not to refer to the global organisation or display badges , T- shirts etc due to the highly politicised debate about this shadowy leadership with some extreme views. Think 'defund the police', Portland riots and the wider culture wars we are importing from America.
We should let folk act on their own conscience, not browbeat them to a false conformity.
Posted by: 139914 (Guest), September 8, 2020, 8:15am; Reply: 18
I got up early this morning and removed the clutch slave cylinder from my car.  Really don’t want anybody to be offended.
Posted by: Mallyner, September 8, 2020, 8:19am; Reply: 19
Quoted from 139914
I got up early this morning and removed the clutch slave cylinder from my car.  Really don’t want anybody to be offended.

What are you driving a Austin Allegro?  ;)

Most of us are on cable nowadays.  :)

Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 8, 2020, 9:29am; Reply: 20
In regard to 'taking the knee', I think it has been done to death.  How long are people going to carry on doing this?  Every year since 2017 there have been more white people killed by police in the USA than any other race!  While we carry on with this politically correct posturing, how about showing some respect to those white people killed by Police. #White Lives Matter!
Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 8, 2020, 9:37am; Reply: 21
Quoted from aldi_01
Imagine booing someone for taking a knee...how small would your pecker have to be for that to happen...jeez.

Yeah, we can't all be big cocks like you.
Posted by: Garth, September 8, 2020, 9:42am; Reply: 22
Quoted from aldi_01

Quite the opposite really, big peckers are in danger of being trapped and suffer knob damage whilst kneeling
Posted by: ska face, September 8, 2020, 9:47am; Reply: 23
What happened to freedom of speech? Are people not allowed to make a stand for what they believe in in case it triggers some washed up, mid-life crisis white bods in backwards provincial towns? Sounds a bit snowflakey...
Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 8, 2020, 10:04am; Reply: 24
Quoted from ska face
What happened to freedom of speech? Are people not allowed to make a stand for what they believe in in case it triggers some washed up, mid-life crisis white bods in backwards provincial towns? Sounds a bit snowflakey...

I love irony, it's ace.
Posted by: pizzzza, September 8, 2020, 10:19am; Reply: 25
Quoted from 123614
In regard to 'taking the knee', I think it has been done to death.

Correct, that's how this whole thing started.
Posted by: 139914 (Guest), September 8, 2020, 10:23am; Reply: 26
Quoted from ska face

We live in the land of free speech despite pathetic little apologists like you trying to change that.  
I appreciate that things are different in your narrow little world but all lives matter, unfortunately any demonstration by white people is denounced as nationalist racism by you and your type.
Posted by: pizzzza, September 8, 2020, 10:27am; Reply: 27
Quoted from 123614
Every year since 2017 there have been more white people killed by police in the USA than any other race!  

I guess you have calculated this using absolutes right? Either that or you have taken your info from one of those dubious Facebook memes. Given that African-Americans make up only 14% of the US population you might consider calculating a relative amount to make your point (which I suspect is not valid).

Posted by: ska face, September 8, 2020, 10:59am; Reply: 28
Quoted from 139914

We live in the land of free speech despite pathetic little apologists like you trying to change that.  
I appreciate that things are different in your narrow little world but all lives matter, unfortunately any demonstration by white people is denounced as nationalist racism by you and your type.

Exhibit A, your honour.

Just absolutely, mind-bendingly triggered because someone dare let others make a silent, 10 second protest once a week. The land of free speech indeed.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, September 8, 2020, 12:18pm; Reply: 29
It's pretty pathetic this. Getting all offended because footballers might take a knee for a few seconds before kick off. What are you all going to do if you're at a match and it happens? Let out a heartfelt boo to show how terribly upset you are?
Posted by: MarinerMal, September 8, 2020, 12:24pm; Reply: 30
I support the base premise of BLM. We should resist racism and any form prejudice, although, we all are prejudice by our very nature. We should not accept people being judged on the colour of their skin, their religion, their gender, secual preference or the any way they wish to live. Provided they are doing no harm or provoking any hate to any peaceful group in society.

I think BLM has started to grow beyond what it's initial intent was and quite a lot of that makes me feel uncomfortable.

I keep reading/hearing things like there should be X number of black premier league managers or X number of black board members on certain companies boards etc.

I do not agree with this as I think this is going against the very thing BLM initially stood for. They are after an equality of outcome which cannot work and may even be dangerous. If you say there should be say at least 10 black premier league managers, that will mean you will be appointing people primarily based on the colour of their skin into those 10 jobs. That is the very definition of racism and obviously, totally against the aims of BLM.

What we should be striving for is equality of opportunity. That is everyone gets an equal opportunity to be what they want to be, not everyone will succeed but the opportunity to do so should be there.

It's difficult. I consider myself to be someone who is against racism, homophobia, sexism or any type of prejudice like this but I know by daring to criticise what the BLM is becoming will make me appear racist in some people eyes.
Posted by: Ipswin, September 8, 2020, 12:32pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from ska face

Exhibit A, your honour.

Just absolutely, mind-bendingly triggered because someone dare let others make a silent, 10 second protest once a week. The land of free speech indeed.

I think its been done to death but if Lewis Hamilton wants to kneel in a patch of oil on the grid every two weeks thats up to him. What I do object to is the clenched fist 'Black Power' salute many employ.

A step too far in my eyes

Posted by: ska face, September 8, 2020, 12:37pm; Reply: 32
Why? Don’t tell us you object to what it “symbolises”, as that is almost entirely subjective.
Posted by: cardiffmariner, September 8, 2020, 1:13pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from cardiffmariner

Why not?

Lots of red crosses but no answer. I suspect it’ll be assumed I’m a lefty liberal bleeding heart blah blah blah, but I’m genuinely interested as to why you think none of our players should take a knee. Their choice, their freedom of expression. Maybe you could have a chat with some of our black players about it and see what they think?
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 8, 2020, 2:42pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from pizzzza

I guess you have calculated this using absolutes right? Either that or you have taken your info from one of those dubious Facebook memes. Given that African-Americans make up only 14% of the US population you might consider calculating a relative amount to make your point (which I suspect is not valid).

Everyone knows how statistics can be bent anyway people want them to be, but it is a fact that more white people have been killed by Police than Black people.

Posted by: forza ivano, September 8, 2020, 3:26pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from 123614

Everyone knows how statistics can be bent anyway people want them to be, but it is a fact that more white people have been killed by Police than Black people.

Are you being deliberately thick, or does it just come naturally to you?
172 white Americans killed by u.s. police in 2020 as opposed to 88 blacks, however the white population  represents 60% of the american population whilst blacks make up less than 15 per cent.
So if there was no issue youd expect to see c.43 blacks killed, but no, its double that number, which suggests they might have something of an issue.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 8, 2020, 4:02pm; Reply: 36

Very rude!  Mess with stats all you like, still more dead white people than black.

Posted by: pontoonlew, September 8, 2020, 4:05pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from forza ivano

172 white Americans killed by u.s. police in 2020 as opposed to 88 blacks, however the white population  represents 60% of the american population whilst blacks make up less than 15 per cent.
So if there was no issue youd expect to see c.43 blacks killed, but no, its double that number, which suggests they might have something of an issue.

However when you then compare that to the numbers that come into contact with the police the stats show you’re more likely to be killed if you’re white. However it’s a long, complicated subject that a ‘stat’ either way will not tell the whole story.

Posted by: ginnywings, September 8, 2020, 4:14pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from pontoonlew

However when you then compare that to the numbers that come into contact with the police the stats show you’re more likely to be killed if you’re white. However it’s a long, complicated subject that a ‘stat’ either way will not tell the whole story.

Therefore confirming that racism is rife, as you are much more likely to be stopped if you are black than if you are white.

Posted by: pontoonlew, September 8, 2020, 4:29pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from ginnywings

Therefore confirming that racism is rife, as you are much more likely to be stopped if you are black than if you are white.

Which is kind of the point I’m making, these things can go back and forth forever with different stats showing different things.

As somebody posted, you can be anti racism whilst still thinking the BLM movement are actually having a negative impact, not a positive one.
Posted by: cardiffmariner, September 8, 2020, 4:54pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from 123614

Very rude!  Mess with stats all you like, still more dead white people than black.

That isn’t messing with stats, it’s considering proportionality. You don’t strengthen your argument by just repeating the same misguided point.
Posted by: pen penfras, September 8, 2020, 4:55pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from ginnywings

And you're much more likely to be searched at an airport for being Asian. The reality is that certain ethnic groups are targeted because they have a history of being the ones committing certain crimes. Personally, I'd much rather have a society where authorities are allowed to investigate a suspicious situation and keep everybody safe than innocent people die because of fear of upsetting a minority group.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, September 8, 2020, 5:30pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from forza ivano

Or it may suggest black people cause more of an issue? Or can we not even contemplate that as possible?
Posted by: cardiffmariner, September 8, 2020, 5:44pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from pen penfras

And you're much more likely to be searched at an airport for being Asian. The reality is that certain ethnic groups are targeted because they have a history of being the ones committing certain crimes. Personally, I'd much rather have a society where authorities are allowed to investigate a suspicious situation and keep everybody safe than innocent people die because of fear of upsetting a minority group.

I’d like to see the evidence you have for that. I assume that comment is based on the fact there have been some suicide bombers of Asian extraction over the last twenty years? Or are you saying that by the nature of their birth and the colour of their skin all black people are predisposed to crime? I suggest you consider the wider socio-historical events of the last 1000 years or so and think of the ever so slightly bigger picture.

To simplify such a complex issue to the level of some of the shite spouted on this thread is evidence enough of the underlying prejudice that is fully alive and kicking.

And before you ask, no, I don’t agree with everything blm stands for, yes, I do think the issue of race is sometimes overplayed and discussion is stifled when it shouldn’t be and yes, there is too much political correctness and we should all be able to express our views. I just think some of the ones shared on here are rooted in racial prejudice.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, September 8, 2020, 6:07pm; Reply: 44
And some people say Grimsby is small-minded and backwards thinking...
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 8, 2020, 6:24pm; Reply: 45

That isn’t messing with stats, it’s considering proportionality. You don’t strengthen your argument by just repeating the same misguided point.

Actually I do, as what I posted is fact!  Everything else is, well IF this and BUT that, and MAYBE blah, blah, blah.

Posted by: cardiffmariner, September 8, 2020, 6:32pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from 123614

Actually I do, as what I posted is fact!  Everything else is, well IF this and BUT that, and MAYBE blah, blah, blah.

Yes it is a fact, but it is a fact without context and just because it is a fact doesn’t mean it proves your point.

The one statistical fact, set in some context by forza,  has been totally ignored!

It’s a scary age we live in.
Posted by: gtfc98, September 8, 2020, 6:52pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from golfer

yeah how brave. that blitz spirit. rule brittaniaz.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 8, 2020, 7:12pm; Reply: 48

Yes it is a fact, but it is a fact without context and just because it is a fact doesn’t mean it proves your point.

The one statistical fact, set in some context by forza,  has been totally ignored!

It’s a scary age we live in.

Lol, what rubbish, and just what is the one statistical fact quoted by Forza?

Posted by: cardiffmariner, September 8, 2020, 8:48pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from forza ivano

I suggest you read this one again and really think about it. As I said before, it’s about proportionality.

Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 8, 2020, 9:05pm; Reply: 50

I suggest you read this one again and really think about it. As I said before, it’s about proportionality.

It's guesses, no fact there at all.

Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, September 8, 2020, 9:07pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from 123614

You really are mince, proportions are mathmatical not guess work!
Posted by: LH, September 8, 2020, 9:11pm; Reply: 52
Can’t we just be proud of him that he knows which number is the bigger one and not call him thick?
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 8, 2020, 9:41pm; Reply: 53
Lol, a fact without context, you guys are really funny.  You can call it anything you like, it's still a solid fact, more than anything any of you have proved.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 8, 2020, 10:33pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from 123614
Lol, a fact without context, you guys are really funny.  You can call it anything you like, it's still a solid fact, more than anything any of you have proved.

I will give it 1 more go.
GB win 100 medals at next years Olympics.
Netherlands, with a quarter of our population, win 50 medals.
Netherlands therefore have won twice as many medals per head of population, so are more successful than the UK.
Do you get it now?
Posted by: aldi_01, September 9, 2020, 6:17am; Reply: 55
I go back to my original point, how small just ones pecker be to get so wound up about whether or not someone wants to believe in something, something that you may disagree with but fail to understand that we all haves right to opinion and belief...

I applaud the folk who’ve tried to explain and provided data, fact and examples but I feel you’re all pissing in the wind...
Posted by: Boris Johnson, September 9, 2020, 6:44am; Reply: 56
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
It's pretty pathetic this. Getting all offended because footballers might take a knee for a few seconds before kick off. What are you all going to do if you're at a match and it happens? Let out a heartfelt boo to show how terribly upset you are?

I will turn my back.
Posted by: scrumble, September 9, 2020, 8:43am; Reply: 57
Quoted from 123614

He literally gave facts.

As much as I dislike Trump i have to admire the way he's formented the whole fake news culture. See or hear something you dont like just ignore it
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 9, 2020, 8:44am; Reply: 58
Quoted from forza ivano

I will give it 1 more go.
GB win 100 medals at next years Olympics.
Netherlands, with a quarter of our population, win 50 medals.
Netherlands therefore have won twice as many medals per head of population, so are more successful than the UK.
Do you get it now?

Do YOU get it now?

Posted by: monkeyboy, September 9, 2020, 8:45am; Reply: 59
I would personally not take the knee as it shows your being subservient to another race when all should be equal.
All the past injustices like slavery had sod all to do with me so in no way do I make any apologies for what I didn’t do, it’s the now not the then.
I understand the reason for them protesting but sorry I have done nothing so will not be doing it. Footballers also should not be forced to do it for box ticking purposes.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 9, 2020, 8:51am; Reply: 60
I CBA to continue this, I quoted a FACT from a website, and that's all I did.  Then you lot come in with your blah mathematics, blah per head of population, blah considered proportionately, and all that BS  Get this through your thick heads, I quoted the ACTUAL number of whites killed by police in the USA and the ACTUAL number of blacks killed by the police in USA between 2017 and 2020.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I will take no further part in this thread.
Posted by: golfer, September 9, 2020, 8:52am; Reply: 61
Due a knee replacement so it looks like somebody is going to take my knee
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, September 9, 2020, 8:58am; Reply: 62
Quoted from 123614
I CBA to continue this, I quoted a FACT from a website, and that's all I did.  Then you lot come in with your blah mathematics, blah per head of population, blah considered proportionately, and all that BS  Get this through your thick heads, I quoted the ACTUAL number of whites killed by police in the USA and the ACTUAL number of blacks killed by the police in USA between 2017 and 2020.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I will take no further part in this thread.

flipping maths!  ;D World would be a much better place without it!
Posted by: forza ivano, September 9, 2020, 9:24am; Reply: 63
Quoted from 123614

Thank feck for that
Posted by: Son of Cod, September 9, 2020, 10:58am; Reply: 64
Quoted from 139914

Hi mate, really glad to see you're getting so many likes on Twitter...

Tweet 1303404155420258310 will appear here...
Posted by: pizzzza, September 9, 2020, 11:12am; Reply: 65
When I finally get back to BP for a game I will be more than happy to step into the aisle and take a knee (socially distanced of course) to show solidarity with my brothers and sisters of all creeds and colours.

Peace.
Posted by: Stadium, September 9, 2020, 7:15pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from 123614

Oh dear.
Hes been triggered.

Posted by: pizzzza, September 9, 2020, 7:43pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from 123614

"I CBA to continue this..." Before launching into a massive paragraph continuing it (with words in upper case as well!)

Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 9, 2020, 8:49pm; Reply: 68
I hope the next criminal to die at the hands (or knees) of the police in America is white so we can balance the moral outrage and virtue signalling.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 9, 2020, 8:51pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from GYinScuntland
I hope the next criminal to die at the hands (or knees) of the police in America is a white girl private so we can balance the moral outrage and virtue signalling.

Good to see you back David Icke in Scuntland.
Been out burning down 5g aerials have we?
Ps how are the flat earth, man didn't land on the moon, Covid is a myth, Israel carried out 9/11 attack investigations gking?
Posted by: ska face, September 9, 2020, 10:02pm; Reply: 70
I hope the next criminal to die at the hands (or knees) of the police in America is white so we can balance the moral outrage and virtue signalling.

Virtue signalling, the latest empty buzzword handed down from right-wing cranks to the permanent victims who spend too much time on Facebook.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 12, 2020, 1:25pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from forza ivano

Good to see you back David Icke in Scuntland.
Been out burning down 5g aerials have we?
Ps how are the flat earth, man didn't land on the moon, Covid is a myth, Israel carried out 9/11 attack investigations gking?

😂 😂 😂
To be fair though I've doubts about landing on the moon in 1969 with basically a tank full of 4 star, the computing equivalent of a calculator that spells BOOBS and a slide rule to do some sums with.
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 12, 2020, 1:44pm; Reply: 72
Really amazes me that people can be so mortally offended by a race that has be oppressed for years finally making a stand,this and the confected outrage displayed by so many by Diversity performance just demonstrates how racist this country really is .
Posted by: TAGG, September 12, 2020, 9:58pm; Reply: 73
I would have to turn my back on Town players if they did the knee/fist in the air balderdash
Posted by: Vance Warner, September 12, 2020, 10:44pm; Reply: 74
ATAW?

The reasons for the BLM movement are really simple to grasp so there’s really no excuse for the amount of drivel on this thread. 8 years ago the eyes of the world were on a successful multicultural Britain hosting the Olympics. Do one even protested about the EU! It’s amazing how quickly the agenda of a minority of a privileged few has been able to brainwash so many people.
Posted by: male private Nale, September 12, 2020, 11:09pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from ska face

Virtue signalling, the latest empty buzzword handed down from right-wing cranks to the permanent victims who spend too much time on Facebook.
Why did we not take a knee for the White victims that were killed in the tragic events in Birmingham last week, these were carried out by a black immigrant ? Or is that not quite as shocking as a white policeman killing a black criminal in America ?

Posted by: male private Nale, September 12, 2020, 11:10pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from friskneymariner
Really amazes me that people can be so mortally offended by a race that has be oppressed for years finally making a stand,this and the confected outrage displayed by so many by Diversity performance just demonstrates how racist this country really is .

Tut tut
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 13, 2020, 4:42am; Reply: 77
I don't remember footballers going down on one knee when upwards of a million black people were hacked to death by other black people in Rawanda and about half of that number were women raped before they were slaughtered.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 13, 2020, 6:42am; Reply: 78
Things like this happen because the bbc, daily mail, facebook etc al want you to see it.

The world has gone into free fall tbh. 5g, blm, brexit, Covid are no doubt a mere smokescreen for other things to slip by the wayside.

I dread to think what the world is going to be like for my kids to grow up into
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 13, 2020, 7:03am; Reply: 79
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Things like this happen because the bbc, daily mail, facebook etc al want you to see it.

The world has gone into free fall tbh. 5g, blm, brexit, Covid are no doubt a mere smokescreen for other things to slip by the wayside.

I dread to think what the world is going to be like for my kids to grow up into

Bit dramatic Woz
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 13, 2020, 7:39am; Reply: 80
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Bit dramatic Woz

Maybe! That’s what 3 hrs sleep does to you 😉

I do think the MSM have a hold on things though and I’d expect a 2nd big wave in late autum of coronavirus
Posted by: Garth, September 13, 2020, 7:51am; Reply: 81
Seem to remember talk such as this being used when aids first broke into the scene, almost all heterosexual and homosexual were doomed, not even a topic any more, covid as a virus is new on the scene and will change and mutate into other forms as does flue and will become as flue held in check by jabs of vaccine annually.
GTFC fever however can never be totally cured.
Posted by: Rick12, September 13, 2020, 8:06am; Reply: 82
Quoted from Garth

GTFC fever however can never be totally cured.
.Think it stems from a need to belong to something  ;) .Hence were social animals and humans have been part of groups since the time of the caveman.Indeed from what Ive seen on nature documentary's its belonging to a group that allowed us to survive as a species when climate change threatened the human race when food was scarce.Back to modern day its belonging to a group eg football that gives many people joy and something to live for.Indeed I often hear of old timers who have been a fan of a club since young and its their next love beside their family's .
Posted by: barralad, September 13, 2020, 8:40am; Reply: 83
Quoted from male private Nale
Why did we not take a knee for the White victims that were killed in the tragic events in Birmingham last week, these were carried out by a black immigrant ? Or is that not quite as shocking as a white policeman killing a black criminal in America ?

Why do people continually try to compare apples with oranges? Any murder is a huge tragedy. What made the Floyd case remarkable was that he was killed by people who are sworn by oath to protect the public. George Floyd may have been the biggest tw1t in U.S. criminal history but he was entitled to be tried and convicted of his crimes-not have his life ended by up holders of the law.
Posted by: Vance Warner, September 13, 2020, 8:48am; Reply: 84
Quoted from arryarryarry
I don't remember footballers going down on one knee when upwards of a million black people were hacked to death by other black people in Rawanda and about half of that number were women raped before they were slaughtered.

Imagine going back 25 years to try and fine something to support you point and coming up with an example of genocide that just highlights why the racist bile on this thread is so dangerous.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 13, 2020, 10:11am; Reply: 85
Quoted from barralad

Why do people continually try to compare apples with oranges? Any murder is a huge tragedy. What made the Floyd case remarkable was that he was killed by people who are sworn by oath to protect the public. George Floyd may have been the biggest tw1t in U.S. criminal history but he was entitled to be tried and convicted of his crimes-not have his life ended by up holders of the law.

Absolutely, the general whataboutery on this thread is amazing.  

I’m shocked by how many people are radicalised by the nonsense news they’re getting from the internet. It’s absolutely astonishing the amount of finger pointing at the free press from those on the right and left, they both claim to have some secret truth. A truth that is being kept from everybody else by the mainstream media 😂

Take your tinfoil hat off and stop being brainwashed by fake news and propaganda.

Posted by: arryarryarry, September 13, 2020, 4:49pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from Vance Warner

Imagine going back 25 years to try and fine something to support you point and coming up with an example of genocide that just highlights why the racist bile on this thread is so dangerous.

Doh, the BLM movement keep going back centuries about people long dead.
Posted by: Vance Warner, September 13, 2020, 9:52pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from arryarryarry

Doh, the BLM movement keep going back centuries about people long dead.

I think you’ll find that BLM was in relation to very recent events but you already know that. Not much point discussing any further but hope you reach a point one day where you’re not scared sh1tless by everyone being treated equally.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 14, 2020, 2:37am; Reply: 88
Quoted from Vance Warner

I think you’ll find that BLM was in relation to very recent events but you already know that. Not much point discussing any further but hope you reach a point one day where you’re not scared sh1tless by everyone being treated equally.

I'm not scared shitless by any movement or even your brain dead comments.

Try reading this https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/revealed-what-black-lives-matter-really-stands-for
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 14, 2020, 2:39am; Reply: 89
Quoted from Vance Warner

Try reading this   https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/revealed-what-black-lives-matter-really-stands-for

Posted by: ska face, September 14, 2020, 9:44am; Reply: 90
Quoted from arryarryarry

Try reading this   https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/revealed-what-black-lives-matter-really-stands-for

“I’m not scared shitless...”

*proceeds to post a list of things that scare him shitless*

Anyway, going back to your Rwanda post, should we stop the virtue signalling minute’s silence and poppy displays every year because we don’t do the same for the Battle of Agincourt?
Posted by: AndyGTFC, September 14, 2020, 10:18am; Reply: 91
The black lives matter movement is not the same as the organisation BLM UK.

The movement itself is purely anti-racism, not in support of defunding the police or dismantling capitalism.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 16, 2020, 6:26am; Reply: 92
Quoted from AndyGTFC
The black lives matter movement is not the same as the organisation BLM UK.

The movement itself is purely anti-racism, not in support of defunding the police or dismantling capitalism.

Look Andy lad, you’re ruining this for those who wish to strike down any potential challenge to their own belief...don’t come on here with your facts and your common sense...this is the fishy. It’s not wanted.

In serious, the fact anyone can actually hand on heart say they’re opposed to anything which in truth simply aims to rid the world of the vile thing know as racism is somewhat concerning...
Posted by: gtfc98, September 17, 2020, 1:20am; Reply: 93
Quoted from 123614

maybe just let the adults do the talking in future.
Posted by: Stadium, September 19, 2020, 10:35am; Reply: 94
Tut tut

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12075555/coventry-and-qpr-opt-to-not-take-a-knee-jobi-mcanuff-expresses-disappointment
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 19, 2020, 9:26pm; Reply: 95
Why do they need guidance from the FL? Just effing do it if you think it’s right.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 20, 2020, 10:29am; Reply: 96
Seen the Town snowflakes on Facebook having a meltdown about a few people kneeling down for 5 seconds. They just want to keep politics out of sport and respect our brave bobbies. Weird thing is I remember one of them taunting Spurs fans about the gas chambers and I've seen others drunk out of their skulls at away games singing about Harry Roberts being their mate.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 20, 2020, 12:12pm; Reply: 97
Thing is, Colin Kaepernick is partly credited with starting this protest. He refused to stand for the National Anthem in NFL  games as a protest against discrimination. The reason he changed it to kneeling was after he spoke to ex servicemen and decided that kneeling was half way between respecting said servicemen and their allegiance to the flag, yet still carrying on his protest. The fact he was released from his contract and is still unemployed, despite being one of the brightest stars in the game, just goes to show the level of discrimination that still exists in a country that calls itself god fearing.

I'm not aware that he ever said he was for dismantling the police force or the military, both of whom have a high rate of black employees.

If people want to kneel and protest, that is their right. Can't see a problem with it myself.
Posted by: Stadium, September 20, 2020, 4:12pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from ginnywings
Thing is, Colin Kaepernick is partly credited with starting this protest. He refused to stand for the National Anthem in NFL  games as a protest against discrimination. The reason he changed it to kneeling was after he spoke to ex servicemen and decided that kneeling was half way between respecting said servicemen and their allegiance to the flag, yet still carrying on his protest. The fact he was released from his contract and is still unemployed, despite being one of the brightest stars in the game, just goes to show the level of discrimination that still exists in a country that calls itself god fearing.

I'm not aware that he ever said he was for dismantling the police force or the military, both of whom have a high rate of black employees.

If people want to kneel and protest, that is their right. Can't see a problem with it myself.

No problem at all, unfortunately they'll be plenty who will disagree.

Posted by: aldi_01, September 21, 2020, 6:28am; Reply: 99
It’s the lengths those oppose to it go to justifying their opposition. Probably gives you an indication and insight in to their confused minds.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I loved that we did it, not because it meant something but because those opposed would get so irate and mardy about it.

I mean imagine if that’s what got you wound up about towns game on Saturday...not the lack of game plan, not the lack of tactical understanding, not the atrocious performance or score line...but a few blokes taking a knee to show solidarity, not necessarily for a specific organisation but for a movement to rid the world of a vile disease...
Posted by: Rick12, September 21, 2020, 8:21am; Reply: 100
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Seen the Town snowflakes on Facebook having a meltdown about a few people kneeling down for 5 seconds. They just want to keep politics out of sport and respect our brave bobbies. Weird thing is I remember one of them taunting Spurs fans about the gas chambers and I've seen others drunk out of their skulls at away games singing about Harry Roberts being their mate.
Yes I remember that chant. They done a documentary on Millwall  fans were some were singing that to the police.

Sick.

If these sickos were in some country were anarchy rules the roost  and their family was getting beaten up, house robbed  and women raped by some lynch mob Iam sure they be the first to wish there would be some sort of force be it police or army which trys to maintain law and order.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 23, 2020, 1:53am; Reply: 101
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I'm not sure you're quite up to spec on the definition of a snowflake.
Posted by: Stadium, December 5, 2020, 5:01pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from Rick12
Yes I remember that chant. They done a documentary on Millwall  fans were some were singing that to the police.

Sick.

If these sickos were in some country were anarchy rules the roost  and their family was getting beaten up, house robbed  and women raped by some lynch mob Iam sure they be the first to wish there would be some sort of force be it police or army which trys to maintain law and order.

Millwall again.

Tweet 1335244473069088774 will appear here...
Posted by: aldi_01, December 6, 2020, 7:57am; Reply: 103
Millwall bless em. Anybody told them it’s not 1982 anymore?

Imagine waiting 9 months to watch your club play and you boo some blokes making a point about something they believe in...

Millwall really have become a cliche over the years...
Posted by: cardiffmariner, December 6, 2020, 9:06am; Reply: 104
Happened at our game too. Obviously, no Town fans involved. Yet.
Posted by: ska face, December 6, 2020, 9:46am; Reply: 105
Tweet 1335271400639238148 will appear here...
Posted by: barralad, December 6, 2020, 10:50am; Reply: 106
I remember an altercation outside the Imp in about 1975 when some Town fans forcobly pointed out to a Millwall fan trying to sell the National Front newspaper that it would never get the same readership as the half time scores edition of the Telegraph...
Posted by: Humbercod, December 6, 2020, 2:11pm; Reply: 107
It’s not often the consensus agree with the actions taken by the Millwall fans, but on this occasion things are very different. Ignore the media, ignore the virtue signalling celebs the vast majority do not want this Marxist propaganda on our sports fields. Well done to the Millwall fans for making a stance 👏
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 6, 2020, 3:17pm; Reply: 108
Well done to the fans of Millwall, West Ham and Colchester and anybody else who stood up to the incessant virtue signalling garbage.

If the authorities continue to let players take the knee then fans who pay good money to see a game of football will continue to voice their displeasure.

It was obvious when fans were allowed back they would show the players they are sick of all this posturing, which is not helping black lives one jot.
Posted by: ska face, December 6, 2020, 3:32pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from Humbercod
It’s not often the consensus agree with the actions taken by the Millwall fans, but on this occasion things are very different. Ignore the media, ignore the virtue signalling celebs the vast majority do not want this Marxist propaganda on our sports fields. Well done to the Millwall fans for making a stance 👏

lmao, anything I don’t like is Marxism, the more I dislike it the more Marxist it is. I am very smart.

Posted by: Humbercod, December 6, 2020, 4:29pm; Reply: 110
Quoted from ska face

lmao, anything I don’t like is Marxism, the more I dislike it the more Marxist it is. I am very smart.

Co founders trained Marxists 🤔
It’s hard to fathom why players and sport in general who know exactly what BLM are all about yet continue with this nonsense. I fully expect our great fans to ridicule this divisive woke movement once we’re all aloud back in.....fans don’t want it!
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, December 6, 2020, 5:28pm; Reply: 111
Fellas who are terribly upset about footballers taking the knee lives matter. 😎
Posted by: ska face, December 6, 2020, 6:45pm; Reply: 112
Quoted from Humbercod

It’s hard to fathom why players and sport in general who know exactly what BLM are all about yet continue with this nonsense. I fully expect our great fans to ridicule this divisive woke movement once we’re all aloud back in.....fans don’t want it!

What’s a “trained Marxist”?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 6, 2020, 10:33pm; Reply: 113
Well done to the fans of Millwall, West Ham and Colchester and anybody else who stood up to the incessant virtue signalling garbage.

If the authorities continue to let players take the knee then fans who pay good money to see a game of football.

Just to help you out a bit here as you seem a bit confused, they take the knee before the football not instead of it. If you still don’t get it you might find help here:

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/globalassets/age-uk/documents/information-guides/ageukig48_living_with_early_stage_dementia_inf.pdf
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 6, 2020, 10:34pm; Reply: 114
Quoted from Humbercod

Do you actually know what a Marxist is?

‘Trained Marxist’ 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 6, 2020, 10:37pm; Reply: 115

I'm not sure you're quite up to spec on the definition of a snowflake.

It’s a whinging girl private who takes offence at all manner of non-offensive stuff. They’re usually middle/old aged, white males. Always complaining on social media and writing complaints to the press and the BBC about how they can’t say what they like and how the world has it in gir them. Typically use words like ‘woke BBC agenda’.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, December 7, 2020, 2:15am; Reply: 116
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It’s a whinging girl private who takes offence at all manner of non-offensive stuff. They’re usually middle/old aged, white males. Always complaining on social media and writing complaints to the press and the BBC about how they can’t say what they like and how the world has it in gir them. Typically use words like ‘woke BBC agenda’.

Wow, it's a good job no one upsets you or you might really go off on one.
Posted by: Humbercod, December 7, 2020, 6:51am; Reply: 117
Quoted from ska face

What’s a “trained Marxist”?

My guess is a hardline commie nut job, but you’d have to ask the BLM founders as it’s how they describe themselves.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 7, 2020, 10:15am; Reply: 118
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Just to help you out a bit here as you seem a bit confused, they take the knee before the football not instead of it. If you still don’t get it you might find help here:

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/globalassets/age-uk/documents/information-guides/ageukig48_living_with_early_stage_dementia_inf.pdf

I am afraid that comment says much more about you than it does about people older than you, who may have a different viewpoint.

In fact, somebody woke might describe you as ageist.  ;D
Posted by: Stadium, December 7, 2020, 6:52pm; Reply: 119

If the authorities continue to let players take the knee then fans who pay good money to see a game of football will continue to voice their displeasure.

It was obvious when fans were allowed back they would show the players they are sick of all this posturing, which is not helping black lives one jot.

Have a read of the below.
It explains it rather well.

Back in September, Les Ferdinand became the first high-profile figure in English football to suggest that there was no longer much point in players taking the knee at the start of matches.

QPR, where Ferdinand is technical director, had been criticised after their players did not take the knee at the beginning of a Championships fixture against Coventry. Ferdinand came out to bat for his club, arguing that in the fight against racism, actions counted for more than empty gestures.

“Taking the knee was very powerful but we feel that impact has now been diluted . . . The taking of the knee has reached a point of ‘good PR’ but little more than that. The message has been lost. It is now not dissimilar to a fancy hashtag or a nice pin badge,” Ferdinand said.

You could see his point.

While the gesture may not always have been empty, the stadiums in which it was happening were. With no audience there to respond to the message, it became hard to remember what the message actually was.

The sense of drift was summed up in the increasingly vague and bland phrases deployed by commentators at the kneeling moment, with Martin Tyler serving up a typical formulation before Leeds played Arsenal on November 22nd: “the players continue to take the knee in pursuit of equality in the world”.

On Saturday afternoon at The Den, the referee’s starting whistle was the signal both for Millwall and Derby County players to take the knee, and for the 2,000 Millwall fans in attendance for the first time since February to unleash a furious tirade of boos.

The reaction would have come as no real surprise to the Millwall players, who had taken the unusual step of issuing a statement the day before the game explaining that they would continue to take the knee at the beginning of matches until the end of the year, and that their decision to do so should not be taken as an endorsement of any particular political ideology. You could see some of the Derby players, including Ireland’s Jason Knight, looking around wonderingly as Millwall’s finest howled their defiance.

Millwall are, of course, never happier than when howling defiance. It’s what they love doing more than anything in the world. Being the bad-boy club is their core brand value – it’s the only reason the rest of the world ever pays attention to them. If they quietly went along with the knee protest like the rest of the frauds and virtue-signallers, then everyone might forget not to like them.

Of course, most Millwall fans angrily reject the accusation that their booing of the knee protest was somehow motivated by racism. Instead, they argue the booing expressed their displeasure at unwanted intrusion of politics into football.

“We came to watch a football match, not to be lectured on morality by out-of-touch woke elites,” etc.

One struggles in vain to remember the screams of outrage with which The Den greeted the intrusion of politics into football in the form of militarised Remembrance Day ceremonies. As you can imagine, it would take a brave Millwall fan to boo a minute’s silence in Poppy Week. So the fans are not objecting to the intrusion of politics as such, but rather the intrusion of politics they don’t like.

Remembrance Day is a national celebration of how Britain’s brave boys saved the world – twice – the message is: Britain is a superhero among nations. The knee protest says “Britain is racist, and needs to change”. It’s no surprise that many at The Den have found one of these messages more agreeable than the other.

The problem is, if you are are making a big show of rejecting a campaign which is widely seen as anti-racist, people might think you are racist. Hence the effort underway to recast the knee protests as the brainchild of Black Lives Matter, and BLM itself as an insidious anti-British Marxist conspiracy.

In this account, footballing anti-racism is the Trojan horse in which a sinister subversive group is trying to smuggle its true aims: disbanding the police, abolishing the nuclear family, ultimately the full dissolution of Western civilisation. The conspirators have been enabled by useful idiots in authority who embrace fashionable hypocrisies while despising ‘real’ fans.

Hot takes
The truth is that the knee protests were conceived and instigated not by BLM, nor by the football authorities, nor would-be cultural engineers among “woke media elites”, but by the football players themselves.

The first European football player to take a knee was Marcus Thuram, after he scored for Borussia Moenchengladbach against Union Berlin on May 31st, six days after the killing of George Floyd.

At the suggestion of Gini Wijnaldum and Virgil van Dijk, Liverpool released a picture of their squad taking the knee at Anfield the next day, and by the time the Premier League resumed in mid-June, the players had decided on the gesture at the beginning of matches that has been going on ever since.

Saturday’s events triggered plentiful hot takes defending the booing as the correct response to the hectoring of the wokescolds. Not many of these reckoned with the words of Millwall defender Mahlon Romeo, who told the South London Press : “What they’ve done is booed and condemned a peaceful gesture which was put in place to highlight, combat and stop any discriminatory behaviour and racism. That’s it – that’s all that gesture is. And the fans have chosen to boo that, which for the life of me I can’t understand. It has offended me and everyone who works for this club – the players and the staff... This is the first time I feel disrespected. Because you have booed and condemned a peaceful gesture which – and it needs repeating – was put in place to highlight, combat and tackle any discriminatory behaviour and racism in general. I’m almost lost for words.”

Speaking on the BBC over the weekend, Micah Richards suggested there should be “real punishments” arising out of Saturday’s booing. In truth any effort to single out fans for punishment would surely do more harm than good.

There’s no rule against “disrespecting the knee”. If a bunch of aging football fans wants to boo and fulminate against a player-led anti-racist initiative, and convince themselves that by doing so they are keeping their country safe from Marxism, then they should be free to do so. And everyone else should be free to make up their own minds about what is really going on.

But the players are the ones who are in control, and these protests can continue as long as they wish them to.

Mahlon Romeo asked: “When fans are booing a peaceful gesture to highlight racism, it naturally makes you ask yourself ‘why am I putting myself through this?’” Because what happened this weekend showed that Les Ferdinand was wrong: taking the knee is not just an empty gesture. It never was.

What the players have been doing has meaning and real power. Thanks are due to the Millwall fans for reminding everybody what the knee protests were all about.

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 7, 2020, 9:21pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from Stadium

Have a read of the below.
It explains it rather well.

Back in September, Les Ferdinand became the first high-profile figure in English football to suggest that there was no longer much point in players taking the knee at the start of matches.

QPR, where Ferdinand is technical director, had been criticised after their players did not take the knee at the beginning of a Championships fixture against Coventry. Ferdinand came out to bat for his club, arguing that in the fight against racism, actions counted for more than empty gestures.

“Taking the knee was very powerful but we feel that impact has now been diluted . . . The taking of the knee has reached a point of ‘good PR’ but little more than that. The message has been lost. It is now not dissimilar to a fancy hashtag or a nice pin badge,” Ferdinand said.

You could see his point.

While the gesture may not always have been empty, the stadiums in which it was happening were. With no audience there to respond to the message, it became hard to remember what the message actually was.

The sense of drift was summed up in the increasingly vague and bland phrases deployed by commentators at the kneeling moment, with Martin Tyler serving up a typical formulation before Leeds played Arsenal on November 22nd: “the players continue to take the knee in pursuit of equality in the world”.

On Saturday afternoon at The Den, the referee’s starting whistle was the signal both for Millwall and Derby County players to take the knee, and for the 2,000 Millwall fans in attendance for the first time since February to unleash a furious tirade of boos.

The reaction would have come as no real surprise to the Millwall players, who had taken the unusual step of issuing a statement the day before the game explaining that they would continue to take the knee at the beginning of matches until the end of the year, and that their decision to do so should not be taken as an endorsement of any particular political ideology. You could see some of the Derby players, including Ireland’s Jason Knight, looking around wonderingly as Millwall’s finest howled their defiance.

Millwall are, of course, never happier than when howling defiance. It’s what they love doing more than anything in the world. Being the bad-boy club is their core brand value – it’s the only reason the rest of the world ever pays attention to them. If they quietly went along with the knee protest like the rest of the frauds and virtue-signallers, then everyone might forget not to like them.

Of course, most Millwall fans angrily reject the accusation that their booing of the knee protest was somehow motivated by racism. Instead, they argue the booing expressed their displeasure at unwanted intrusion of politics into football.

“We came to watch a football match, not to be lectured on morality by out-of-touch woke elites,” etc.

One struggles in vain to remember the screams of outrage with which The Den greeted the intrusion of politics into football in the form of militarised Remembrance Day ceremonies. As you can imagine, it would take a brave Millwall fan to boo a minute’s silence in Poppy Week. So the fans are not objecting to the intrusion of politics as such, but rather the intrusion of politics they don’t like.

Remembrance Day is a national celebration of how Britain’s brave boys saved the world – twice – the message is: Britain is a superhero among nations. The knee protest says “Britain is racist, and needs to change”. It’s no surprise that many at The Den have found one of these messages more agreeable than the other.

The problem is, if you are are making a big show of rejecting a campaign which is widely seen as anti-racist, people might think you are racist. Hence the effort underway to recast the knee protests as the brainchild of Black Lives Matter, and BLM itself as an insidious anti-British Marxist conspiracy.

In this account, footballing anti-racism is the Trojan horse in which a sinister subversive group is trying to smuggle its true aims: disbanding the police, abolishing the nuclear family, ultimately the full dissolution of Western civilisation. The conspirators have been enabled by useful idiots in authority who embrace fashionable hypocrisies while despising ‘real’ fans.

Hot takes
The truth is that the knee protests were conceived and instigated not by BLM, nor by the football authorities, nor would-be cultural engineers among “woke media elites”, but by the football players themselves.

The first European football player to take a knee was Marcus Thuram, after he scored for Borussia Moenchengladbach against Union Berlin on May 31st, six days after the killing of George Floyd.

At the suggestion of Gini Wijnaldum and Virgil van Dijk, Liverpool released a picture of their squad taking the knee at Anfield the next day, and by the time the Premier League resumed in mid-June, the players had decided on the gesture at the beginning of matches that has been going on ever since.

Saturday’s events triggered plentiful hot takes defending the booing as the correct response to the hectoring of the wokescolds. Not many of these reckoned with the words of Millwall defender Mahlon Romeo, who told the South London Press : “What they’ve done is booed and condemned a peaceful gesture which was put in place to highlight, combat and stop any discriminatory behaviour and racism. That’s it – that’s all that gesture is. And the fans have chosen to boo that, which for the life of me I can’t understand. It has offended me and everyone who works for this club – the players and the staff... This is the first time I feel disrespected. Because you have booed and condemned a peaceful gesture which – and it needs repeating – was put in place to highlight, combat and tackle any discriminatory behaviour and racism in general. I’m almost lost for words.”

Speaking on the BBC over the weekend, Micah Richards suggested there should be “real punishments” arising out of Saturday’s booing. In truth any effort to single out fans for punishment would surely do more harm than good.

There’s no rule against “disrespecting the knee”. If a bunch of aging football fans wants to boo and fulminate against a player-led anti-racist initiative, and convince themselves that by doing so they are keeping their country safe from Marxism, then they should be free to do so. And everyone else should be free to make up their own minds about what is really going on.

But the players are the ones who are in control, and these protests can continue as long as they wish them to.

Mahlon Romeo asked: “When fans are booing a peaceful gesture to highlight racism, it naturally makes you ask yourself ‘why am I putting myself through this?’” Because what happened this weekend showed that Les Ferdinand was wrong: taking the knee is not just an empty gesture. It never was.

What the players have been doing has meaning and real power. Thanks are due to the Millwall fans for reminding everybody what the knee protests were all about.

That is very nice of you but I have my own views on the matter.
Posted by: Stadium, December 7, 2020, 9:27pm; Reply: 121

That is very nice of you but I have my own views on the matter.

No problem.
Thought you might like to read an alternative view to your own but can understand you are set in your ways.

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 7, 2020, 10:04pm; Reply: 122
Quoted from Stadium

No problem.
Thought you might like to read an alternative view to your own but can understand you are set in your ways.

That is a misrepresentation but I know you are trying to be as contrary as I am, so no problem there.

I just happen to believe that political statements, and BLM is a political organisation, will only serve to raise divisions inside the stadiums. We have seen evidence of that already with only a few fans in attendance. Politics is a very divisive subject; it will not be possible to continue with taking the knee and expect everybody in the stadium to be compliant and that can only lead to friction, which is crazy when we are supposed to be on the same side. The football authorities have several schemes in place to combat racism, and there are laws and penalties for discrimination of any sort.

I don't give a monkeys who agrees or disagrees with me; that is what I believe on this particular subject.

Posted by: Maringer, December 8, 2020, 11:43pm; Reply: 123
David Squires is on point on this subject today:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/dec/08/david-squires-on-the-booing-of-footballers-taking-a-knee

He's usually pretty much correct, though it's better when his strips can be more humorous.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 9, 2020, 1:13am; Reply: 124

I am afraid that comment says much more about you than it does about people older than you, who may have a different viewpoint.

In fact, somebody woke might describe you as ageist.  ;D

Actually, I'm a middle aged white bloke myself (57).  And it is nearly always middle aged white blokes who whine and whinge when someone opposes discrimination. But I don't care what age a racist is. If the cap fits.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 9, 2020, 1:15am; Reply: 125

Wow, it's a good job no one upsets you or you might really go off on one.

So there you go again. Taking offence at someone expressing their opinion. It's just a point of view. Snowflake.  ;D
Posted by: Stadium, May 18, 2021, 8:23pm; Reply: 126
All the players from both Chelsea & Leicester taking the knee this evening.
Well received from the Chelsea supporters in the ground.

Posted by: Humbercod, May 18, 2021, 8:55pm; Reply: 127
Quoted from Stadium
All the players from both Chelsea & Leicester taking the knee this evening.
Well received from the Chelsea supporters in the ground.

Plenty of booing heard and rightly so.
Posted by: Stadium, May 18, 2021, 9:11pm; Reply: 128
Quoted from Humbercod

Plenty of booing heard and rightly so.

As reported:

1 min Chelsea 0 Leicester 0
The players take a knee, largely applauded by a noisy and relieved crowd. Leicester are attacking the Shed, left to right.

No problem at all booing if that's what you really want to do.
Seems to be zero effect on the gesture though??
Posted by: Abdul19, May 18, 2021, 9:58pm; Reply: 129
Imagine going to a match for the first time in more than a year and being that bothered by a 5 second gesture.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 18, 2021, 10:46pm; Reply: 130
These people virtue signalling by making empty gestures. Don’t they realise booing is divisive.
Posted by: Stadium, May 19, 2021, 7:25pm; Reply: 131
https://www.footballshirtculture.com/20/21-Kits/parma-2021-errea-blm-shirt.html

Looks like the usual suspects have appeared in the comments section. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 19, 2021, 8:02pm; Reply: 132
Well Parma is famous for ham 😆
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:30am