Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: hheh2, August 11, 2020, 3:41pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1293194297857257474

SOMETHINGS HAPPENING!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 11, 2020, 3:51pm; Reply: 1
Homing in on a target nicely cryptic ::)
Posted by: pizzzza, August 11, 2020, 3:55pm; Reply: 2
Is it referencing Matt Dean's tweet earlier about Mohsni being on the "radar"? Thus confirming it's him.

[tweet]1293136566651629569[/tweet]
Posted by: Sandford1981, August 11, 2020, 3:56pm; Reply: 3
I am a dinosaur but I hate all this nonsense. I’d much rather see the old fashioned, Grinning player sat at desk pen in hand On contract with a smiling manager leaning in behind him or both Just holding the shirt!
Posted by: Poojah, August 11, 2020, 3:59pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from pizzzza
Is it referencing Matt Dean's tweet earlier about Mohsni being on the "radar"? Thus confirming it's him.

[tweet]1293136566651629569[/tweet]

Almost certainly that. Username in the bottom left is 'Holloway'.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 11, 2020, 4:01pm; Reply: 5
Its from call of duty. The graphic. Motion sensor. Yeah am sad
Posted by: Sigone, August 11, 2020, 4:03pm; Reply: 6
Bilel Mohsni 1yr deal
Posted by: Hagrid, August 11, 2020, 4:05pm; Reply: 7
Welcome!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 11, 2020, 4:16pm; Reply: 8
New improved superior quality gavin with french accent, Can't wait to see how he works out, has a history at a good level and sounds keen maybe I might start to get excited, hairs on neck not quite standing up yet though. Thats 4 good central defenders just need a left back, some midfielders and someone to put the ball in the net.  :)
Posted by: Sigone, August 11, 2020, 4:19pm; Reply: 9
Mr H has indicated in his interviews he wants to play with 3 at the back
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 11, 2020, 4:21pm; Reply: 10
2 targets on the heartbeat sensor. Got to be another one today.  

I reckon we will have stories to tell for years about Mohsni
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 11, 2020, 4:26pm; Reply: 11

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2020/august/mohsni-becomes-first-summer-signing/
Posted by: aldi_01, August 11, 2020, 4:27pm; Reply: 12
He’s either gonna be a flipping disaster and a waste of wage like Gunning or he’s gonna be brilliant...
Posted by: quebec38, August 11, 2020, 4:28pm; Reply: 13
I don’t know the first thing about this guy and I’m sure he’ll be a good signing, however it makes you wonder why Ollie comes out with the “only after players on the way up” sort of stuff, when he signs a 33 year old ex Glasgow Rangers player.

Needed a new defender anyway after losing Davis.
Posted by: thefish, August 11, 2020, 4:38pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from quebec38
I don’t know the first thing about this guy and I’m sure he’ll be a good signing, however it makes you wonder why Ollie comes out with the “only after players on the way up” sort of stuff, when he signs a 33 year old ex Glasgow Rangers player.

Needed a new defender anyway after losing Davis.

Because Rangers to Grimsby is a step up...
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 11, 2020, 4:59pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from thefish

Because Rangers to Grimsby is a step up...

Surely not winterton though
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 11, 2020, 5:09pm; Reply: 16
I remember when the team came out with a new player wearing the number 4 shirt, and you did not know who it was. Someone in the main stand would get his name from one of the backroom staff or an injured player in the stand and it would take until half time for the name to go mouth to mouth round to the Pontoon. Sometimes you had to wait for the Sports Telegraph to find out!
Posted by: monkeyboy, August 11, 2020, 5:18pm; Reply: 17
Junior brown I’ve heard next in. Left back apparently
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, August 11, 2020, 5:28pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from monkeyboy

Played against us for Shrewsbury in FACup a few years back and was at Scunny on loan and I think his release was one of the trigger points for Hursty and Swann parting their ways. Decent footballer from what I’ve seen but another well experienced pro so maybe the young guns will like last year come from Premiership clubs on loan?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 11, 2020, 5:57pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from monkeyboy

He’s meant to be half decent
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, August 11, 2020, 6:20pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He’s meant to be half decent

Would that be first half, second half, top half or bottom half?

Posted by: Tommy, August 11, 2020, 6:21pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Sigone
Mr H has indicated in his interviews he wants to play with 3 at the back

I don't think it was quite as clear as that, was it?

I thought he just said that with Hanson up top and a great man for someone to play off, one option would be to go with two up top and play 3 at the back to accomodate having the extra man up front through the middle.

I took it strictly as a consideration or an option he'd like to have, rather than stating he wants to play that way.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 11, 2020, 6:26pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Tommy

I don't think it was quite as clear as that, was it?

I thought he just said that with Hanson up top and a great man for someone to play off, one option would be to go with two up top and play 3 at the back to accomodate having the extra man up front through the middle.

I took it strictly as a consideration or an option he'd like to have, rather than stating he wants to play that way.

Probably too early to tell till we get all or most of the signings in but I think we'll see a mix of the 3 at the back we saw towards the end of last season and the 433 he was using at the start when he arrived
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 9:27am