Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 8, 2020, 9:16pm

Maybe we should do the same to generate extra income?

"Mansfield Town’s first behind-closed-doors pre-season friendly at home to Peterborough United on Tuesday will be streamed live on the club’s website for £5."

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/mansfield-town-stream-first-friendly-against-peteborough-united-2936935
Posted by: LH, August 8, 2020, 9:29pm; Reply: 1
Who would pay for a stream of a pre-season friendly against Peterborough?

Oh - me circa 2015. We scored a good team goal from memory in probably our best pre-season ever. I think we played ten, won ten with Amond getting around a goal a game.
Posted by: sapper mariner, August 8, 2020, 9:50pm; Reply: 2
Me personalty offer all the pre season games for free to gain interest and iron out any kinks. then come up with some sort of package that is decent for the fans  
Posted by: Hagrid, August 8, 2020, 10:02pm; Reply: 3
Gotta get a team out first!😂
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 8, 2020, 10:31pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from sapper mariner
Me personalty offer all the pre season games for free to gain interest and iron out any kinks. then come up with some sort of package that is decent for the fans  

I would think that clubs themselves would have to arrange the screening of friendlies whereas full league games would be filmed by the same company that provides the feeds for Sky and Quest as were last season's away games we paid £10 to watch.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, August 8, 2020, 10:39pm; Reply: 5
We haven't even started practising together as a team yet.

I reckon we won't have any pre-season friendlies this year. With only 4 weeks until kickoff I think we should concentrate on learning how the new signings play with our contracted players. Considering we could get as many as 10 new players it could be interesting to see how Ollie deals with it.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 9, 2020, 9:41am; Reply: 6
We haven't even started practising together as a team yet.

I reckon we won't have any pre-season friendlies this year. With only 4 weeks until kickoff I think we should concentrate on learning how the new signings play with our contracted players. Considering we could get as many as 10 new players it could be interesting to see how Ollie deals with it.

Thought Ollie said we couldn't even resume full group training until Thursday ? Was that this coming or last Thurs ? Seems strange two other clubs have have a friendly set up already when all we have seen is 6 of the local living lads on exercise bikes and running around cones.

Like you I am not sure we will have pre season friendlies either, can't see the club wanting the added expense of opening up the ground , medical staff, skeleton ground staff, for no income.
Maybe they will try and get an away fixture or two in.

Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 9, 2020, 10:30am; Reply: 7
Play a couple of local teams away in a couple of weeks time.Brigg/Clee if available fopr match practice,
Posted by: horsforthmariner, August 10, 2020, 2:19pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

Maybe we should do the same to generate extra income?

"Mansfield Town’s first behind-closed-doors pre-season friendly at home to Peterborough United on Tuesday will be streamed live on the club’s website for £5."

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/mansfield-town-stream-first-friendly-against-peteborough-united-2936935

I would definitely pay a fiver to watch us decimate Clee Town - but then I'm sad and very bored.
Posted by: Youngy, August 10, 2020, 4:35pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from horsforthmariner

I would definitely pay a fiver to watch us decimate Clee Town - but then I'm sad and very bored.

I still don't get why pubs and restaurants can open but a team like Clee can't house games in front of a paid crowd in a mainly open air facility?
Posted by: toontown, August 10, 2020, 8:10pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Youngy

I still don't get why pubs and restaurants can open but a team like Clee can't house games in front of a paid crowd in a mainly open air facility?

Totally agree. Or town for that matter.
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 11, 2020, 11:52am; Reply: 11
First pre-season announced against Clee Town, behind closed doors with Clee providing a live stream.

This is fair.  We've got an existing agreement with Clee Town where we take a team there every year and provide a suitable boost to their coffers as a result.  Only fair this continues via the streaming income.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 11, 2020, 12:34pm; Reply: 12

Clee Town friendly is on Saturday, August 22nd.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2020/august/pre-season-friendly-announced/
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 12:53am