Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Boris Johnson, August 7, 2020, 7:55am
Knobhead extraordinaire....
Posted by: aldi_01, August 7, 2020, 8:01am; Reply: 1
Has little to actually say...
Posted by: The Yard Dog, August 7, 2020, 8:59am; Reply: 2
I enjoyed listening to the 10am - 1pm slot on Talksport when Murray and friends were on this slot, always a diverse topics, enjoyable and easy listening, not just the Premiershit & White show it is now, boring, turn the radio off time.

It's all about JIM WHITE, when I met, I was in the tunnel,  I telling you this breaking new and it a done deal etc, such a big headed male masturbator.

Well Mr flipping know it all, you got the takeover of Newcastle United WRONG.

Was listening to the end of the Alan Brazil show back in April and Jim White came on just before the start of his show, declaring to Newcastle United fans that he had some breaking news from his "inside sources" about a deal to buy Newscastle United.
He declared it was a 100% done deal that the consortium, which included Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF), PCP Capital Partners and the Reuben Brothers, had agreed a deal to buy the club from Ashley.
It was a fanastic news Ashley on his way out, new owners, it was going to transform Newcastle United and the city, who did Newscatle fans want as their new manager, give me a call Newscatle fans, tell me what you think.

I tell you what I think, you big everything up for your ego, you had no respect for the current manager Steve Bruce, you was giving him his P45 on air, suggesting would should be the next Newcastle manager. when the deal when through.

The consortium aiming to buy the club for £300m said it was pulling out with "regret" after losing patience with delays.
But after the process was hampered by claims regarding Saudi Arabia's human rights record and its handling of TV piracy, the buyers said the delays had brought about a change of course.

In a statement, the consortium also said the hold-up meant "the commercial agreement between the investment group and the club's owners expired and our investment thesis could not be sustained".

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 7, 2020, 9:16am; Reply: 3
What’s he done wrong?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, August 7, 2020, 9:47am; Reply: 4
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
What’s he done wrong?

For starters, who is he?
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 7, 2020, 10:32am; Reply: 5

For starters, who is he?

I saw him make a 147 at the Auditorium a few years ago   ;)

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 7, 2020, 10:48am; Reply: 6

I fully understand.  He gets under your skin.

I have to admit that he annoys me with most things that he says - or the way he says then.  Sometimes I have to turn off talkSPORT when he is on.

Think Cliff Richard singing at Wimbledon in the rain.  Times a 100 and then for much longer.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 7, 2020, 10:48am; Reply: 7

I fully understand.  He gets under your skin.

I have to admit that he annoys me with most things that he says - or the way he says then.  Sometimes I have to turn off talkSPORT when he is on.

Think Cliff Richard singing at Wimbledon in the rain.  Times a 100 and then for much longer.
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 7, 2020, 10:50am; Reply: 8
Can’t stand him or his frequent interviews with Championship chairmen, and the constant sensationalism of any half story that can be twisted. The whole death row countdown of Bury did it for me! Feel sorry for Natalie Sawyer who’s an excellent and knowledgeable presenter who should run that show without White.
Posted by: Ipswin, August 7, 2020, 11:17am; Reply: 9
Can't stand the bloke, as soon as he speaks I turn off unless it's a day when Bob Mills and or Simon Jordan is on with him
Posted by: Davec, August 7, 2020, 12:37pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from promotion plaice

That must have been a whirlwind performance
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), August 7, 2020, 12:38pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Ipswin
Can't stand the bloke, as soon as he speaks I turn off unless it's a day when Bob Mills and or Simon Jordan is on with him

Me too.
Posted by: buckstown, August 7, 2020, 1:27pm; Reply: 12
Bear in mind his job is to spout sensationalist trivia and get idiots to ring in and pay 15p a minute to be kept on hold for ages. Same as Adrian Durham(?) in the afternoon, they're both very good at it but if you're not an idiot it's annoying
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, August 7, 2020, 1:45pm; Reply: 13
In the day time the only ones I can listen to are H&J and Danny Kelly (when he stands in for others).
Posted by: wiggers, August 7, 2020, 2:09pm; Reply: 14
Bob Mortimer does a great impression of him on Athletico Mince podcasts.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 7, 2020, 2:34pm; Reply: 15

That was bill werbaniuk
Posted by: The Yard Dog, August 7, 2020, 3:35pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

That was bill werbaniuk

Theirs a name from the past, days when you could drink, smoke and play snooker.
Posted by: malkamalka, August 7, 2020, 4:36pm; Reply: 17
When all is said and done, none of these self styed pundits know anything about football. The just pick a club every morning, pick a couple of names off a random footballer generator, the proceed to talk utter bullshit.

The only people I trust are David Ornstein at The Athletic and club official web sites.

all the rest is just clickbait and fake news.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 7, 2020, 8:04pm; Reply: 18
If you choose to listen to Talksport then you deserve everything you get. Occasionally try it if on a long drive to break up the monotomy of music but generally within 5 mins i have swapped channels again.
Posted by: Teesknees, August 7, 2020, 8:19pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Knobhead extraordinaire....

Stop listening to him then ffs!

Surely it's par for the course for that station!
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 7, 2020, 8:40pm; Reply: 20
Simon Jordan usually makes well-reasoned points and arguments.  In contrast, I like listening to him.
Posted by: Heisenberg, August 7, 2020, 8:46pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

That was bill werbaniuk

Well I saw Jimmy White do it, then incredibly he followed up with a 146!!!! Quite amazing. Unfortunately Alex Higgins was a shadow of his former self and was clearly on his last legs, he died about 6 months later.
Posted by: Heisenberg, August 7, 2020, 8:47pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from wiggers
Bob Mortimer does a great impression of him on Athletico Mince podcasts.

Yes he does, he’s got his mannerisms, sensationalism and ego mania down to a tee.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 7, 2020, 9:30pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Heisenberg

Well I saw Jimmy White do it, then incredibly he followed up with a 146!!!! Quite amazing. Unfortunately Alex Higgins was a shadow of his former self and was clearly on his last legs, he died about 6 months later.

That's the night I'm on about, a 147 and then a 146 amazing by Jimmy.

The only downer was that Higgins looked frail and ill as you say.

Posted by: fishboyUTM, August 7, 2020, 10:25pm; Reply: 24
The blokes a sharp object. I've moved over to Talkradio. His extinction countdown for poor Bury on Sky disgusted me. Colin Murray was a hundred times better and has morals unlike this silver weasel.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, August 8, 2020, 5:27am; Reply: 25

That's the night I'm on about, a 147 and then a 146 amazing by Jimmy.

The only downer was that Higgins looked frail and ill as you say.

I remember the one Ciiff Thorburn did, began it in 1980, and potted the last black 6 months later
Posted by: moosey_club, August 8, 2020, 1:15pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Boris Johnson

I remember the one Ciiff Thorburn did, began it in 1980, and potted the last black 6 months later

Cliff Thorburn vs Terry Griffith....yawnfest
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 11:12am