Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: moosey_club, August 3, 2020, 8:29pm
Just watching an old re run of some Italia 90 coverage fronted by Elton Welsby, completely forgotten about him until now but was everywhere back then and a decent presenter i thought....seemed to drop off the screen pretty quickly, probably a victim of the Sky era no doubt.

Randomness over.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 3, 2020, 8:44pm; Reply: 1
Think Matt Lorenzo had nicked his job by USA 94. Another blast from the (not as distant as Elton Welsby) past.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 3, 2020, 8:46pm; Reply: 2
Had to google him.  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, August 3, 2020, 8:56pm; Reply: 3
Dickie Davies was the main man in my youth

And then Saint and Greavsie ruled the airwaves.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, August 3, 2020, 9:17pm; Reply: 4
Des Lynham at Italia 90 is as good as it gets for anchoring sports shows.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, August 3, 2020, 9:45pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Des Lynham at Italia 90 is as good as it gets for anchoring sports shows.

Of course Lynam. He got a lot of women interested in sport for some reason.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 3, 2020, 9:53pm; Reply: 6
Brian Moore was pretty much unique in both presenting shows and being a commentator i think, no one else springs to mind anyway, and he was good at both.
Posted by: Jackie Lewis, August 3, 2020, 10:01pm; Reply: 7
Gerry Harrison when Town came under Anglia telly. Then Keith Macklin and the young Martin Tyler when we moved to Yorkshire telly
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 3, 2020, 10:15pm; Reply: 8

Some very good commentators.

Dickie Davies is also famous for saying “cup soccer” or rather what he actually said “member-sucker”.

A woman newsreader was talking about biology and organisms.  She said “orgasms” .  What made it worse (or better) was that she was immediately horrified at her mistake, which only drew more attention to it,
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 3, 2020, 10:15pm; Reply: 9

Dickie Davies is also famous for saying “cup soccer” or rather what he actually said “member-sucker”.

A woman newsreader was talking about biology and organisms.  She said “orgasms” .  What made it worse (or better) was that she was immediately horrified at her mistake, which only drew more attention to it,
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 4, 2020, 7:18am; Reply: 10
John helm was brilliant on goals on Sunday (imho) especially for his infamous ‘Yorkers Yorkers what’s the score is the chant coming from the Grimsby supporters’ (or something similar)

Lucky to have grown up with some great tv programnes. Saint and greavsie, standing room only, fantasy football to name a few
Posted by: golfer, August 4, 2020, 8:45am; Reply: 11
I haven't heard much about Elton for a long time - is he still standing
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 4, 2020, 8:59am; Reply: 12

I listen to a lot of the other teams football radio commentaries when Town aren't playing of course, George Kerr can be somewhat strangely entertaining when doing the Scunny games   ;D  

And Burnsey says it how it is at Hull   :)

Posted by: Abdul19, August 4, 2020, 9:20am; Reply: 13
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
John helm was brilliant on goals on Sunday (imho) especially for his infamous ‘Yorkers Yorkers what’s the score is the chant coming from the Grimsby supporters’ (or something similar)

Lucky to have grown up with some great tv programnes. Saint and greavsie, standing room only, fantasy football to name a few

John Helm was ace, but it was Nick Powell (now at Sky News) who delivered the Yorkies Yorkies what's the score line.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, August 4, 2020, 9:26am; Reply: 14
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JmH8msZXdGg
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 4, 2020, 1:52pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Abdul19

John Helm was ace, but it was Nick Powell (now at Sky News) who delivered the Yorkies Yorkies what's the score line.

Ah of course it was

Cheers fella
Posted by: moosey_club, August 4, 2020, 7:05pm; Reply: 16
Martyn Tyler  of course commentating for YTV and from similar times Fred Dineage presenting, he was another who got about abit,  How?, Calendar, Gambit , i was working in Plymouth about 5 yrs ago and he popped up there presenting the local Janner version of Calendar News .  

Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 3:48pm