Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: malkamalka, July 15, 2020, 7:38pm
Ollie has promised to bring "Fire and Brimstone" to BP next season, so here's a quick look at our new club anthem.

[url]https://drooble.com/song/2752062[/url]
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 15, 2020, 8:08pm; Reply: 1

Don't think much to the new club anthem   :)  but yeah

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/grimsby-town-transfers-new-players-4329510
Posted by: aldi_01, July 15, 2020, 8:29pm; Reply: 2
We’re still waiting for those signings that make the hairs on your neck stand up...

Time will tell I guess...the usual pre season hyperbole but it’s imagine there’s some irons in the fire so to speak and a few players knocking about...
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, July 15, 2020, 8:45pm; Reply: 3
As Philip Day said in his recent interview, GTFC are going to need at least 10 new signings. It's a big ask for Ollie.

Does anybody have a list of how many signings we have made preseason over the last 10 or 15 years?
Posted by: blundellpork, July 15, 2020, 8:50pm; Reply: 4
Pre Hurst in those dark relegation years we used to regularly sign 10(+) each pre season. You used to need to buy the first match day programme to have any idea who was who.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 15, 2020, 8:58pm; Reply: 5
We signed 12 (including 4 long term (although that's the only term now!) loans) in the summer of 2018.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, July 16, 2020, 12:42pm; Reply: 6
Quick google can't find fire or brimstone who did they play for previously  :P
Posted by: pizzzza, July 16, 2020, 12:48pm; Reply: 7
Are we really sure we want Ollie to bring this to BP next season?

Quoted Text
Fire and brimstone (Hebrew: גׇּפְרִ֣ית וָאֵ֑שׁ‎ gafrit va’eish, Ancient Greek: πυρὸς καὶ θείου) is an idiomatic expression referring to God's wrath found in both the Hebrew Bible and the Christian New Testament. In the Bible, it often appears in reference to the fate of the unfaithful. Brimstone, an archaic term synonymous with sulfur,[1] evokes the acrid odor of sulphur dioxide given off by lightning strikes.[2] Lightning was understood as divine punishment by many ancient religions; the association of sulfur with divine retribution is common in the Bible
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, July 16, 2020, 1:05pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from pizzzza
Are we really sure we want Ollie to bring this to BP next season?

Depends who God's wrath is aimed at us or the opposition I suppose
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, July 16, 2020, 5:08pm; Reply: 9
Isn't Ollie our God?

Depends who God's Ollie's wrath is aimed at us or the opposition I suppose

Posted by: Mayaman, July 18, 2020, 6:25pm; Reply: 10
Don't worry lads I'll play for free.  In the teachers V students they dumped me on the students team because I am the eldest.  Went in goal for the first half.   Didn't concede , came out and got a brace.  That'll teach em.  I nearly needed an ambulance though.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 12:10pm