Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MarinerDevil, July 13, 2020, 12:12pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53387306

Two-year ban quashed with fine reduced to €10 million.

I think this severely dents UEFA's authority to govern over finances at international level.  Will be interested to see what the consequences will be for FFP in the EFL, if any.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 13, 2020, 12:29pm; Reply: 1
Money 1  Football  0
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, July 13, 2020, 1:02pm; Reply: 2
Money 1 incompetent UEFA 0
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, July 13, 2020, 1:16pm; Reply: 3
Real shocker this 🤔
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, July 13, 2020, 1:47pm; Reply: 4
Yeah, who could have seen this coming.....
Posted by: Madeleymariner, July 13, 2020, 6:31pm; Reply: 5
Poor things thats a months wages for Aguero down the pan, :o
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, July 13, 2020, 7:39pm; Reply: 6
Probably a few backhanders here - I really think that football at this level is totally corrupt. Sep Blatter & Co.  got away with it for years. True fans of the beautiful game are just being used - we don't stand a chance. If grass roots is able to kick off again I for one will be off to watch a district league game at the weekend with the dog  - where I started for the love of it. I shall not be watching Sky/BT etc.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, July 13, 2020, 7:47pm; Reply: 7
UEFA didn’t stand a chance against the unlimited spending power of Quatar on legal defence.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 13, 2020, 8:13pm; Reply: 8
UEFA FFP is just designed to protect the big clubs (Man U, Barca, Real, Juve & Bayern) from upstarts like Chelsea, Man City and PSG. It needs abolishing.
Posted by: aldi_01, July 15, 2020, 6:40am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
Probably a few backhanders here - I really think that football at this level is totally corrupt. Sep Blatter & Co.  got away with it for years. True fans of the beautiful game are just being used - we don't stand a chance. If grass roots is able to kick off again I for one will be off to watch a district league game at the weekend with the dog  - where I started for the love of it. I shall not be watching Sky/BT etc.

I as for the sentiment but it makes little difference. There have been people using the phrase ‘football is back’ since it started again, it’s not, not really but for a huge amount now that hows football is. Watched on a TV and about betting and allegedly clever adverts etc. Look at the drinks break balderdash. What nonsense, just a sure fire way they can provide more advertising opportunities.

Football, at the top level is cool, people watch it because it’s become something people do, it’s hip and all that jazz. People don’t have affiliations to teams like those of us down the leagues, and quite frankly, we’re not important. I saw to articles about Wycombe, they were beyond patronising and ended up talking about Sunderland and Pompey...becauee they’d been to that so called promised land. It ignored the financial ruin and sheer lack of ambition once teams get there but shows the narrative perfectly.

City were always gonna get their ban over turned, I’m not even sure they’d have needed to bribe anyone either, their legal representation is just so much better. They’ve essentially the support of a government/country. It, much like EFL fit and proper rules etc highlights how flimsy FFP rules are and how they can be exploited.

People might not like Jose but his comments about this whole debacle are so true.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, July 15, 2020, 7:18am; Reply: 10
If there was no case to answer, and have been found to have done nothing wrong, why has a fine been imposed?
Posted by: Madeleymariner, July 15, 2020, 12:34pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Boris Johnson
If there was no case to answer, and have been found to have done nothing wrong, why has a fine been imposed?

For failing to co-operate with the investigation.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 4:07pm