Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, July 7, 2020, 6:47pm

Apparently Burnley have been given special dispensation to involve benson and glennon, and benson was a sub the other night, as it is against the rules but burnley have been struggling to fill their subs bench.
Posted by: Stadium, July 7, 2020, 6:57pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Apparently Burnley have been given special dispensation to involve benson and glennon, and benson was a sub the other night, as it is against the rules but burnley have been struggling to fill their subs bench.

Seems all above board ??
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 7, 2020, 10:19pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Good news for 2 lads who deserve some opportunity
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, July 8, 2020, 2:12pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Stadium

Seems all above board ??

I meant , they initially were told they couldn't play them post gtfc loan spell, only to be able to then apply for permission to do so, thanks to a genuine shortage of players to sit on the bench.

Assume it's to do with all being thrown into chaos re season loans, extended season etc

Posted by: ex-merseymariner, July 8, 2020, 6:10pm; Reply: 4
Both on bench tonight
Posted by: Belfast Town, July 9, 2020, 6:15am; Reply: 5
Both unused substitutes as in-form Burnley close in on a Europa Cup place.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 10, 2020, 10:10am; Reply: 6
I suppose for Town it's better if Burnley don't reach the Europa League if we've any ambitions of getting either back on loan next season.
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 10, 2020, 2:56pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from diehardmariner
I suppose for Town it's better if Burnley don't reach the Europa League if we've any ambitions of getting either back on loan next season.

I think the loan market may become more important than ever for lower league clubs, us as much as any.  A couple like Benson and Glennon again would fit the bill nicely, but I suspect Burnley may want them to play higher than League 2, that's usually the case.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:51pm