Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: tintowner, June 30, 2020, 2:20pm
leaves Southend.
Posted by: buckstown, June 30, 2020, 2:34pm; Reply: 1
Think he'll get a decent job at some point in the near future. Both clubs he's managed so far have been relative basket cases so I'll be interested to see how he gets on somewhere "proper"
Posted by: Boris Johnson, June 30, 2020, 2:37pm; Reply: 2
In fairness Southend is a shithole....time i went i wanted to leave asap
Posted by: aldi_01, July 1, 2020, 6:32am; Reply: 3
It’s interesting though isn’t it, he’s taken on two basket case clubs and left both, albeit one probably (seems nailed on) didn’t pay him so that’s understandable and the other he had a disaster to some extent.

People think he will get another job and a bigger job eventually based on very little evidence. Are we just assuming that becauee he’s a name he will get his big job much like Gerrard, Lampard etc?

I wonder if his own attitude could be the stumbling block to him getting a championship and higher role? He did wonders at Macclesfield given the circumstances so that is to be commended but I guess he needs some stability and success in his next venture.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 1, 2020, 9:07am; Reply: 4
We don’t know the details though he says he left because he did not want to be a financial burden to the club.

But 4 wins in 20 odd games is hardly a testament to good management whatever the playing situation and he could have avoided being a burden by simply differing his salary. So it seems much more likely some agreement was found for him to leave on PR mutually friendly terms rather than the usual sacking or resignation.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, July 1, 2020, 10:11am; Reply: 5
..... waiting to see what oliver holt has to say on the matter.....
Posted by: aldi_01, July 1, 2020, 2:10pm; Reply: 6
We don’t know the details though he says he left because he did not want to be a financial burden to the club.

But 4 wins in 20 odd games is hardly a testament to good management whatever the playing situation and he could have avoided being a burden by simply differing his salary. So it seems much more likely some agreement was found for him to leave on PR mutually friendly terms rather than the usual sacking or resignation.

That’s an odd way of saying he’s being paid far more than he’s probably worth...it was clear at Macclesfield he was on wages they couldn’t afford, is this a similar situation. Therefore the clubs need to give their heads a wobble too...
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 5:12am