Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Yard Dog, June 20, 2020, 3:35pm
The only reason I wanted the Championship to restart, was to see Hull City relegated.

Currently in the final relegation spot.

Come on you Charlton.

UTMM
Posted by: The Yard Dog, June 20, 2020, 5:04pm; Reply: 1
Get in, Charlton, Wigan & Barnsley all win, Luton get a draw.

Pressure on Hull, can they handle it, hope not.
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 21, 2020, 12:46am; Reply: 2
I too would like to see Hull relegated but I see Lord Cowley's Huddersfield are also getting dragged back into the relegation battle, shame   8)
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 27, 2020, 3:43pm; Reply: 3

Hull winning 2-0 at Birmingham and as it stands out of the bottom three  :(  :(
Posted by: pizzzza, June 27, 2020, 4:29pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

Hull winning 2-0 at Birmingham and as it stands out of the bottom three  :(  :(

2-2 now ;D
Posted by: Stadium, June 27, 2020, 4:31pm; Reply: 5
2:3 Hull
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 27, 2020, 4:51pm; Reply: 6

3-3   :)
Posted by: thefish, June 27, 2020, 4:56pm; Reply: 7

3-3   :)

They’ve let in 29 goals in 10 games- if that sort of defending continues, they’ll drop!
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 27, 2020, 5:00pm; Reply: 8

Pressure back on Cowley's Huddersfield as they drop into the bottom three    8)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, June 27, 2020, 5:36pm; Reply: 9
Any of the bottom 8 teams in the Championship could be relegated.

What is interesting is that 7 of these teams have been in the Prem.  (the other team is Luton). They are at risk of 2 relegations and joining the other Prem teams that have previously suffered this fate.

The Prem may be a gravy boat but if you fail then a club can easily go into free fall.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, June 27, 2020, 7:40pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Any of the bottom 8 teams in the Championship could be relegated.

What is interesting is that 7 of these teams have been in the Prem.  (the other team is Luton). They are at risk of 2 relegations and joining the other Prem teams that have previously suffered this fate.

The Prem may be a gravy boat but if you fail then a club can easily go into free fall.

49 teams have appeared in the Premier League since it's formation so there will always be at least 5 former PL clubs below the Championship if the Championship is made up exclusively of former-PL clubs (which it isn't). This season there are 5 clubs at that level who haven't played in the Premier League, so 10 former PL clubs play at level 3 or below.

Also, technically Luton Town were founding members of the Premier League but were relegated before the first season. Notts County also fall into that category as they too were relegated from the top flight at the end of the 1991/92 season.

FACT: Notts County beat Grimsby Town's record for the club with the highest League finish to be relegated out of the league. We finished 5th in 1934/35. Notts County finished 3rd in 1890/91.
Posted by: moosey_club, June 28, 2020, 11:27am; Reply: 11
Quoted from GollyGTFC

49 teams have appeared in the Premier League since it's formation so there will always be at least 5 former PL clubs below the Championship if the Championship is made up exclusively of former-PL clubs (which it isn't). This season there are 5 clubs at that level who haven't played in the Premier League, so 10 former PL clubs play at level 3 or below.

Also, technically Luton Town were founding members of the Premier League but were relegated before the first season. Notts County also fall into that category as they too were relegated from the top flight at the end of the 1991/92 season.

FACT: Notts County beat Grimsby Town's record for the club with the highest League finish to be relegated out of the league. We finished 5th in 1934/35. Notts County finished 3rd in 1890/91.

Love the logic.
Posted by: supertown, June 28, 2020, 3:02pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from GollyGTFC

They beat Grimsby Towns record 43yrs earlier? 🤨
Posted by: GollyGTFC, June 28, 2020, 3:12pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from supertown

They beat Grimsby Towns record 43yrs earlier? 🤨

No, they beat the record we set in 2010 when they were relegated in 2019.
Posted by: supertown, June 28, 2020, 4:08pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from GollyGTFC

No, they beat the record we set in 2010 when they were relegated in 2019.

Ah I see
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 28, 2020, 4:19pm; Reply: 15

Third from bottom Huddersfield lose at Forest and miss the chance to go above Hull.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, June 28, 2020, 10:10pm; Reply: 16
Which would you pick Hull or Huddersfield to go down?

For me Hull.

If Carlsberg did relegation this season from the Championship

Stoke City
Huddersfield Town
Hull City

UTMM
Posted by: Madeleymariner, June 28, 2020, 10:37pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Which would you pick Hull or Huddersfield to go down?

For me Hull.

If Carlsberg did relegation this season from the Championship

Stoke City
Huddersfield Town
Hull City

UTMM

Sounds perfect to me
Posted by: jock dock tower, June 29, 2020, 3:32pm; Reply: 18
Fifty points is generally regarded as being the safety net level to avoid the drop, but it's far too close to call this season in the Championship. Anaverage of just one point per game will see both Huddersfield and Hull hit 49 points, whilst Stoke would be on 50. The three clubs above them, Middlesborough (44 points) should survive with Warnock in charge; Charlton (45 points)  have won their last two league games since coming out of lockdown, and Wigan 47 points) are on an extended unbeaten run.

I think you're probably going to need 52 or 53 points be secure this time, and an average of just one point per game gives Charlton and Wigan that. Throw in the unpredictability of the situation though, and anyone with back to back wins right down to Barnsley at the bottom makes it a real dog eat dog scenario.

Think only Brentford, Preston, Millwall, Bristol City and Luton have not played in the Premiership at some stage? It makes it a very interesting set up, and with teams who have genuine European pedigree (having got to a major European Final at some time) such as Leeds, Forest, Fulham, Birmingham City and Middlesborough it does indicate strength in depth.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 1, 2020, 9:08pm; Reply: 19

Huddersfield jump out of the relegation places with a 3-0 win at Birmingham dropping Hull back in them   8)    
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, July 1, 2020, 9:40pm; Reply: 20
Wigan likely to get a 12 point reduction though which will help them.
Posted by: buckstown, July 2, 2020, 8:10am; Reply: 21
Come on you Tigers, make our dreams come true. Grab the final relegation spot and enter administration so you can start next season with a 12 point deduction.
Actually my cousin is a Hull season ticket holder and he was mortified when we got relegated from league 2, so I feel well guilty now!
Posted by: GrimRob, July 2, 2020, 10:25am; Reply: 22
Dull should be safe if Wigan docked 12 points. They do have a tough run in though so will need points from somewhere.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 2, 2020, 10:35am; Reply: 23

Hull City v Middlesbrough.....17:00  Sky Sports Football

Should be interesting, think I'll give it a watch.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, July 2, 2020, 10:52am; Reply: 24
Quoted from GrimRob
Dull should be safe if Wigan docked 12 points. They do have a tough run in though so will need points from somewhere.

Safe? I can see both Luton and Barnsley overtaking them and all the others bar Stoke are in better form aren't they?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 2, 2020, 11:06am; Reply: 25
If the Championship's points per game since the transfer window shut continued for the remainder of the season the league table would finish like this...

1     Leeds United     86
2     West Bromwich Albion     85
-------------------------------------------
3     Brentford     81
4     Nottingham Forest     76
5     Fulham     77
6     Cardiff City     72
7     Derby County     72
8     Swansea City     64
9     Blackburn Rovers     63
10     Millwall     63
11     Preston North End     63
12     Wigan Athletic     63
13     Bristol City     59
14     Sheffield Wednesday     57
15     Queens Park Rangers     57
16     Birmingham City     57
17     Reading     56
18     Charlton Athletic     55
19     Huddersfield Town     52
20     Middlesbrough     50
21     Stoke City     50
22     Barnsley     50
23     Luton Town     49
24     Hull City     44

*Wigan's point deduction would carry over to 2020/21 season as the deduction would not see them relegated.
Posted by: barrattstandman, July 2, 2020, 11:09am; Reply: 26
Wigan will only get deducted 12 points next season if they finish in the relegation places. Remember what happened to Leeds . So they won't get relegated this season . No escape like that for Hull or anyone else .
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, July 2, 2020, 11:23am; Reply: 27
Quoted from barrattstandman
Wigan will only get deducted 12 points next season if they finish in the relegation places. Remember what happened to Leeds . So they won't get relegated this season . No escape like that for Hull or anyone else .

Is that right? I  think on Sky sports last night they assumed the 12 points would be deducted from their total now leaving them bottom of the table.

I know Wigan like most other Championship clubs have paid silly money and have brought it on themselves, but I wonder with the impact of Coronavirus severely restricting their income whether the authorities might take a more lenient approach than a 12 point deduction. I imagine they are the first of many clubs to go into administration in the coming weeks/months. I cannot imagine they would want a spate of 12 point deductions here there and everywhere.
Posted by: thefish, July 2, 2020, 11:23am; Reply: 28
Tonight is a huge game for them as it is followed by two tough away games against WBA and Millwall.

If they lose tonight, I think they could be cut adrift with 3 games left.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 2, 2020, 11:25am; Reply: 29
Quoted from barrattstandman

Not true. They will be deducted 12 points at the end of the season IF that deduction would see them relegated. If the deduction wouldn't relegate them they will start 2020/21 on -12 points.

So if Wigan finish 11 points clear of 22nd they will lose 12 points and be relegated. If they finish 12 points clear of 22nd (with better GD) then the points will be deducted next season.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 2, 2020, 11:32am; Reply: 30

Is that right? I  think on Sky sports last night they assumed the 12 points would be deducted from their total now leaving them bottom of the table.

I know Wigan like most other Championship clubs have paid silly money and have brought it on themselves, but I wonder with the impact of Coronavirus severely restricting their income whether the authorities might take a more lenient approach than a 12 point deduction. I imagine they are the first of many clubs to go into administration in the coming weeks/months. I cannot imagine they would want a spate of 12 point deductions here there and everywhere.

Look into it. There is no case whatsoever for leniency with Wigan Athletic. Their ownership changed on 1st June and a month later they enter administation. In other words, the owner who was funding them got bored and offloaded them to someone without the funds to honour current spending commitments.
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 2, 2020, 11:34am; Reply: 31
Quoted from GollyGTFC
If the Championship's points per game since the transfer window shut continued for the remainder of the season the league table would finish like this...

1     Leeds United     86
2     West Bromwich Albion     85
3     Brentford     81
4     Nottingham Forest     76
5     Fulham     77
6     Cardiff City     72
7     Derby County     72
8     Swansea City     64
9     Blackburn Rovers     63
10     Millwall     63
11     Preston North End     63
12     Wigan Athletic     63
13     Bristol City     59
14     Sheffield Wednesday     57
15     Queens Park Rangers     57
16     Birmingham City     57
17     Reading     56
18     Charlton Athletic     55
19     Huddersfield Town     52
20     Middlesbrough     50
21     Stoke City     50
22     Barnsley     50
23     Luton Town     49
24     Hull City     44

*Wigan's point deduction would carry over to 2020/21 season as the deduction would not see them relegated.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-statement-wigan-athletic/

The points deduction would only be carried over to the 20/21 season if they do finish in a relegation place this season before the deduction of 12 points.

A league finish outside of the bottom 3 then the deduction will be applied this season whether they are relegated or not.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 2, 2020, 11:37am; Reply: 32
Quoted from thefish
Tonight is a huge game for them as it is followed by two tough away games against WBA and Millwall.

If they lose tonight, I think they could be cut adrift with 3 games left.

They have managed 3 points from 10 league games since they sold Bowen & Grosicki. And they had lost 3 on the spin before they sold them. So 3 points from last 13 league matches. And they probably need 11 from 7 to have a chance of staying up.

I know football can be unpredictable, but I think they're finished.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 2, 2020, 11:41am; Reply: 33
Quoted from arryarryarry

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-statement-wigan-athletic/

The points deduction would only be carried over to the 20/21 season if they do finish in a relegation place this season before the deduction of 12 points.

A league finish outside of the bottom 3 then the deduction will be applied this season whether they are relegated or not.

Yeah, that's how I thought it was. I think I commented on the Wigan thread to that effect. But Sky Sports reported it as I posted in this thread yesterday afternoon. Although they did say they were waiting for an EFL statement for confirmation.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, July 2, 2020, 11:44am; Reply: 34
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Look into it. There is no case whatsoever for leniency with Wigan Athletic. Their ownership changed on 1st June and a month later they enter administation. In other words, the owner who was funding them got bored and offloaded them to someone without the funds to honour current spending commitments.

I don't need to look into it. I was making the point that the pandemic is having a big effect on clubs with no income and the league may take a more lenient view as they will know several clubs are likely to follow Wigans decision. All the clubs affected have acted irresponsibly in one way or another obviously including Wigan, but the EFL will be in a difficult place if 12 point deductions are being meted out here there and everywhere.

From reading the link from Arry it seems Wigan will be deducted 12 points so they must be hoping they will be the only club at the moment that enters administration.
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 2, 2020, 11:49am; Reply: 35
Quoted from GollyGTFC

This is a good turn of phrase, 'spending commitments'.  In other words, the previous regime were willing (up to a point) to pump in funds from a magic money box and flirt with breaking FFP rules.  At least the new people might work within a REAL budget and the future could be a lot more sustainable for them.  Or they could be SO in debt, maybe they'll go bust.  I would doubt that, but if truth be told, Wigan has been masquerading as a football town for a few years now, and I think that bubble has probably burst.  It was one hell of a ride for them, though.

Posted by: Heisenberg, July 2, 2020, 11:50am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Heisenberg

This is a good turn of phrase, 'spending commitments'.  In other words, the previous regime were willing (up to a point) to pump in funds from a magic money box and flirt with breaking FFP rules.  At least the new people might work within a REAL budget and the future could be a lot more sustainable for them.  Or they could be SO in debt, maybe they'll go bust.  I would doubt that, but if truth be told, Wigan has been masquerading as a football town for a few years now, and I think that bubble has probably burst.  It was one hell of a ride for them, though.

I've just read back what I wrote there about Wigan, and it's just dawned on me it could so easily have been Hull I was referring to!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 2, 2020, 11:54am; Reply: 37
Quoted from Heisenberg

So you think the old and new owners aren't the same people? I think they probably are and it's a way of offloading Wigan Athletic without damaging their other business interests.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 2, 2020, 12:01pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from GollyGTFC

So you think the old and new owners aren't the same people? I think they probably are and it's a way of offloading Wigan Athletic without damaging their other business interests.

Yes....

From BBC Sport report...

"The club were sold by long-term owner Dave Whelan in November 2018 to Hong Kong-based International Entertainment Corporation, led by new chairman Stanley Choi.

There was a further change of ownership in June when Next Leader Fund - in which Choi has a 51% stake - took control."
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 2, 2020, 12:27pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Yes....

From BBC Sport report...

"The club were sold by long-term owner Dave Whelan in November 2018 to Hong Kong-based International Entertainment Corporation, led by new chairman Stanley Choi.

There was a further change of ownership in June when Next Leader Fund - in which Choi has a 51% stake - took control."

I like the way you answered your own question there......
Posted by: Bignic69, July 2, 2020, 3:11pm; Reply: 40
Signed 2 players in the last couple of hours, Malik Wilks on a permanent deal and Festus Arthur from Stockport
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 2, 2020, 5:06pm; Reply: 41

Hull 0-1  Middlesborough (pen) after 3 minutes    8)
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 2, 2020, 5:10pm; Reply: 42

1-1 great free-kick by the Hull player to be fair.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 2, 2020, 6:56pm; Reply: 43
Massive goal for the Tigers. Malik Wilks 90+2
Posted by: Hagrid, July 2, 2020, 6:56pm; Reply: 44
Dam
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 2, 2020, 6:57pm; Reply: 45

Hull go 2-1 up in injury time.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 2, 2020, 6:59pm; Reply: 46

Warnock out
Posted by: Abdul19, July 2, 2020, 6:59pm; Reply: 47
Mallik Wilks with the goal (on checking it seems he played 6 games for us, had no idea it was that many!)
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 2, 2020, 7:05pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Abdul19
Mallik Wilks with the goal (on checking it seems he played 6 games for us, had no idea it was that many!)

I think he was having a difficult time in his life when he played for us. He made his debut for us a year to the day after his older brother was murdered. He understandably lost his way a bit.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 2, 2020, 7:09pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I think he was having a difficult time in his life when he played for us. He made his debut for us a year to the day after his older brother was murdered. He understandably lost his way a bit.

He got injured early on with us too I think (and he was playing in a dire side)
Posted by: Madeleymariner, July 2, 2020, 9:24pm; Reply: 50
Hull were woeful though  it was like watching Sladeball at its worse launch it on Magennis head and hope Wilkes runs onto it. Awful game to watch
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, July 2, 2020, 10:56pm; Reply: 51
Wigan are bolloxed either way really . If they’ve got a 12 point deduction this year and stay up they’ve got -12 from next year and no money to play with thanks to ffp . They’re on a slippery slope towards L2 and beyond
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 3, 2020, 3:44pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Wigan are bolloxed either way really . If they’ve got a 12 point deduction this year and stay up they’ve got -12 from next year and no money to play with thanks to ffp . They’re on a slippery slope towards L2 and beyond

If they stay up after having the 12 point deduction why will they have one next season?
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 11, 2020, 5:14pm; Reply: 53

Hull lose at home to Millwall and stay in the relegation places with only three games left.

They're not happy on Hullberside at the moment   8)
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, July 11, 2020, 5:35pm; Reply: 54
Could just be saved.
Not just Wigan points deduction but Sheffield Weds waiting to learn their fate.
Barnsley look doomed with a difficult run in.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 11, 2020, 5:35pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from arryarryarry

If they stay up after having the 12 point deduction why will they have one next season?

They wouldn't get an automatic points deduction next season. They would however get a 15 points deduction next season if they don't agree a CVA which guarantees creditors receiving at least 25% of what they are owed.
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 11, 2020, 5:37pm; Reply: 56

Hull lose at home to Millwall and stay in the relegation places with only three games left.

They're not happy on Hullberside at the moment   8)

Murment.
Posted by: mimma, July 11, 2020, 5:45pm; Reply: 57
Luton won last night, puts them within a point of Dull. With a bit of luck they overtake them which means they stay up if Wigan are relegated and Dull go down.

Come on you  'atters !!
Posted by: Poojah, July 11, 2020, 5:46pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Heisenberg

Murment.

Question: is there a worse accent than a Hull accent?
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 11, 2020, 5:49pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Poojah

No and I'm originally from Hull.

Scouse a close second though.

Posted by: Heisenberg, July 11, 2020, 6:00pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Poojah

Nur.
Posted by: Ipswin, July 11, 2020, 6:25pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Poojah

Birmingham worst accent in England

Posted by: LH, July 11, 2020, 6:38pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Ipswin

Wolves/Dudlaaay for me. Splitting hairs a bit quoting yours but having spent about two years of my life living between Wolves and Telford it started to grate.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 11, 2020, 8:25pm; Reply: 63
Hull's final 3 games are Wigan away, Luton at home and Cardiff away.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 11, 2020, 9:11pm; Reply: 64
Get them Mudrats down!
Posted by: paulgtfc, July 11, 2020, 10:30pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Poojah

Hull’s alright.  Unique but ok and I did spend three years there.

Scouse accent is a lot worse.  Sounds even worse when used by Newell, Lyons etc.  And Steve McManaman  :(
Posted by: Abdul19, July 11, 2020, 11:09pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Ipswin

Aggroid
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 12, 2020, 2:05pm; Reply: 67
Stoke leading Birmingham 1-0
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 12, 2020, 2:19pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Stoke leading Birmingham 1-0

Now   2-0    :)

Posted by: LH, July 12, 2020, 2:24pm; Reply: 69
They’re so badly at the minute that they might come down having finished second bottom below Wigan who would have been deducted 12 points!
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, July 12, 2020, 2:26pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from arryarryarry

The point I was making was if they avoid relegation they’re going to be financially ruined and have a Bolton style lack of players and basically down before the season starts
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 12, 2020, 6:40pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from LH
They’re so badly at the minute that they might come down having finished second bottom below Wigan who would have been deducted 12 points!

Big game Tuesday, Wigan at home to Hull, if Wigan win, that will put them on 57 pts, 12 pts clear of Hull and a much better goal difference.
Could do with Luton beating QPR on Tuesday, cannot see Barnsley getting on Thursday at home to Leeds or the last two games, Forest at home and away to Brentford.

Posted by: arryarryarry, July 12, 2020, 7:23pm; Reply: 72

The point I was making was if they avoid relegation they’re going to be financially ruined and have a Bolton style lack of players and basically down before the season starts

You said that if they stay up with the minus 12 points they will start next season with minus 12 points.

As far as I know if the minus 12 points is activated this season there is currently no such deduction next season.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 12, 2020, 7:40pm; Reply: 73
Bonus if Bornemouth get relegated from the Premiership, losing to Leicester. ;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 12, 2020, 8:06pm; Reply: 74
Ryan Bennett on for Leicester in first half for injured Albrighton.
Posted by: RonMariner, July 12, 2020, 11:43pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Bonus if Bornemouth get relegated from the Premiership, losing to Leicester. ;D

Quite a turnaround in the second half.
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 13, 2020, 6:52am; Reply: 76
Quoted from arryarryarry

You said that if they stay up with the minus 12 points they will start next season with minus 12 points.

As far as I know if the minus 12 points is activated this season there is currently no such deduction next season.

I believe the situation is that if Wigan finish >12 points clear of relegation then the deduction will apply next season. But if Wigan finish within 12 points of the relegation places, then the deduction will be applied this season to send them down.
Posted by: Ipswin, July 13, 2020, 7:25am; Reply: 77
Quoted from RonMariner

Quite a turnaround in the second half.

The Ryan Bennett effect obviously

Posted by: Mallyner, July 13, 2020, 7:52am; Reply: 78
I'm sorry if anybody else has mentioned this but Hull City seem to have gone downhill with the lack of investment; and that seems to go back to when Allam was stopped from being able to buy the ground and changing the name to Hull Tigers by the FA. A large percentage of Hull supporters were against it too.

His argument was because the Tiger is regarded as a lucky symbol in parts of Asia, the shirt sales could have been immense.

My question as a lifelong Grimsby Town supporter is, would we be happy if somebody wanted to invest 30, 40 million in our club, to be called Grimsby Mariners?
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, July 13, 2020, 8:03am; Reply: 79
I'm a traditionalist (red socks! We wear red f*cking socks!!!) but in the current climate, if an investor wanted to invest 30-40 mil in Town I'd be open to that. They could almost call us what they like within reason.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, July 13, 2020, 8:04am; Reply: 80
Quoted from grimsby pete
Ryan Bennett on for Leicester in first half for injured Albrighton.

Made himself look a bit of a mug for their third, dived in and the lad shifted it round him and he was left floundering.
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 13, 2020, 11:35am; Reply: 81
Quoted from Heisenberg

I believe the situation is that if Wigan finish >12 points clear of relegation then the deduction will apply next season. But if Wigan finish within 12 points of the relegation places, then the deduction will be applied this season to send them down.

That is how I understand it and was explaining that to Louth.
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 13, 2020, 1:53pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from arryarryarry

That is how I understand it and was explaining that to Louth.

As it currently stands, Wigan would go down and Hull would be spared.  Still some crucial games to come though, and plenty of teams still not safe.
Posted by: mimma, July 13, 2020, 3:00pm; Reply: 83
Tuesday, Wigan home to Dull.

Saturday Dull are home to Luton, who are one point behind them.

Currently Wigan are 9 points ahead of Dull with a better goal difference.  If Wigan win then they go 12 points ahead with two games left.

If Dull lose both games they would surely be relegated.

Come on Wigan!!
Posted by: Ipswin, July 13, 2020, 3:56pm; Reply: 84
FFS why are we so desperate to see Hull City relegated?
Posted by: Sigone, July 13, 2020, 4:22pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from Ipswin

Take it you don't listen to radio hull, + it's a bit of local banter/fun.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 13, 2020, 4:50pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from Ipswin

I thought that as well though. I used to go Boothferry Park quite often but have never been as keen on them under this owner.
Posted by: gtfc82, July 13, 2020, 4:56pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Ipswin

Because we've had to suffer nothing but Hull, Hull and more Hull  on Humberside ever since they got given a new stadium and loads of people jumped on their bandwagon.
Posted by: Ipswin, July 13, 2020, 6:21pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from gtfc82

Because we've had to suffer nothing but Hull, Hull and more Hull  on Humberside ever since they got given a new stadium and loads of people jumped on their bandwagon.

Do you really think that's going to change when they are in Div 1?

They would be a local derby with all that entails if we were in the same division but as they have been as many as 4 levels above us and we haven't played them for years I just don't get it.

Jealousy methinks
Posted by: mimma, July 13, 2020, 9:23pm; Reply: 89
I'm old enough to remember proper Humber derby games back in the day. Scunthorpe and Lincoln games had nothing on them, going over on the old paddle steamers, happy days.

Until they were gifted a brand new stadium they were struggling more than us. They were bankrupt,  with the gates to their training ground pandlocked. They had to train in the local park

When we reached Wembley the first time, Hull firm Dixon Motors became our new shirt sponsors for that game. I well remember the outcry from the north bank about not looking after their local struggling club.

Until the KC was built, they were in the fourth tier of the football league with little hope, while we were in the top half of the second tier, looking to relocate to Great Coates.

Tale of the two stadiums was the turning point. Would love to be able to go to a Humber bank derby game again. I am also sick of Burnsy's drooling over the tigers while he looks down his nose at us forgetting what has gone on.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 13, 2020, 9:51pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from mimma
I'm old enough to remember proper Humber derby games back in the day. Scunthorpe and Lincoln games had nothing on them, going over on the old paddle steamers, happy days.

Until they were gifted a brand new stadium they were struggling more than us. They were bankrupt,  with the gates to their training ground pandlocked. They had to train in the local park

When we reached Wembley the first time, Hull firm Dixon Motors became our new shirt sponsors for that game. I well remember the outcry from the north bank about not looking after their local struggling club.

Until the KC was built, they were in the fourth tier of the football league with little hope, while we were in the top half of the second tier, looking to relocate to Great Coates.

Tale of the two stadiums was the turning point. Would love to be able to go to a Humber bank derby game again. I am also sick of Burnsy's drooling over the tigers while he looks down his nose at us forgetting what has gone on.

Unfortunately we never had access to money from a flotation of a telephone business and we never had an Adam Pearson With the contacts and ability to raise cash.

Posted by: mimma, July 13, 2020, 10:20pm; Reply: 91
They did have David Lloyd for a while😂
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 13, 2020, 10:34pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from mimma
They did have David Lloyd for a while😂

Yes, that went well, didn’t it? ;D
Posted by: mimma, July 13, 2020, 11:12pm; Reply: 93
Yeah, shame they got rid of him too soon. LOL
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 14, 2020, 6:28am; Reply: 94
Quoted from mimma

Not strictly true. Paul Dixon was born in Hull. He set up his first car dealership in Grimsby in 1973. And Dixon Motors actually had its headquarters in Doncaster.
Posted by: supertown, July 14, 2020, 7:43am; Reply: 95
Quoted from Ipswin

I worked in Hull for 4 yrs and yes I am ‘desperate’ to see them relegated. I detest Hull City football club
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 14, 2020, 2:25pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from supertown

I worked in Hull for 4 yrs and yes I am ‘desperate’ to see them relegated. I detest Hull City football club

Why?

They really must have done you over good and proper! ;D

Posted by: Patrick kavanagh, July 14, 2020, 2:38pm; Reply: 97
Would love to see them have back to back relegations from the championship, detest Hull city with a passion since the mid eighties!
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 14, 2020, 3:32pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Not strictly true. Paul Dixon was born in Hull. He set up his first car dealership in Grimsby in 1973. And Dixon Motors actually had its headquarters in Doncaster.

I bought a couple of Datsuns from Dixons.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 14, 2020, 6:04pm; Reply: 99

Hull 1 down at Wigan after less than 2 minutes   8)
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 14, 2020, 6:31pm; Reply: 100

Wigan 2-0 Hull

Even with the 12 point deduction Wigan would be above Hull as it stands.
Posted by: mariner1424, July 14, 2020, 6:31pm; Reply: 101
2-0 down now :-)
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 14, 2020, 6:34pm; Reply: 102

3-0   ;D
Posted by: buckstown, July 14, 2020, 6:38pm; Reply: 103

3-0   ;D

Marvellous news!!!
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 14, 2020, 6:39pm; Reply: 104

4-0

Get the Radio Hullberside commentary on, it's ace   :)
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 14, 2020, 6:41pm; Reply: 105
Great start for The Mudrats.  ;D
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 14, 2020, 6:44pm; Reply: 106

5-0

Rumour has it Wigan are going to declare at half-time   8)
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 14, 2020, 6:44pm; Reply: 107

Sorry 6-0
Posted by: Hagrid, July 14, 2020, 6:44pm; Reply: 108
Wow... embarrasing from the hull players. But ah well😂
Posted by: buckstown, July 14, 2020, 6:46pm; Reply: 109
The scoreboard is ringing up like an old cash register
Posted by: tintowner, July 14, 2020, 6:48pm; Reply: 110
Burnsy and swanny commentary
...1st class entertainment.....7 ....as I write this
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 14, 2020, 6:48pm; Reply: 111

Hehe
Posted by: Hagrid, July 14, 2020, 6:48pm; Reply: 112
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 14, 2020, 6:50pm; Reply: 113

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the Hull dressing room at half-time   ;D
Posted by: MarinerDevil, July 14, 2020, 6:55pm; Reply: 114
Wow... tonight's entertainment sorted.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 14, 2020, 6:55pm; Reply: 115
That's the most bonkers half time score I've ever seen.

Even in cup games, I can't remember a 7-0  ;D
Posted by: Poojah, July 14, 2020, 6:57pm; Reply: 116
Could be a modern record this. Can’t have been many post-war games where a side has recorded double figures.

Incredible and highly amusing.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 14, 2020, 6:57pm; Reply: 117

Hull's heaviest league defeat, 8-0 to Wolves in 1911.

Posted by: Biccys, July 14, 2020, 7:01pm; Reply: 118
If the Mudrat fans aren't singing "Were gonna win 8-7" are they even football fans?
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 14, 2020, 7:05pm; Reply: 119

Can't wait for Burnsy to interview McCann after the game.

Strap yourselves in...the second-half has just started   :)

Posted by: moosey_club, July 14, 2020, 7:06pm; Reply: 120
Grant Mcann statue being erected in Cleethorpes this summer  :)
Posted by: buckstown, July 14, 2020, 7:07pm; Reply: 121
Have a look at the match thread, it's a beauty!!!
https://www.not606.com/threads/wigan-v-hull-city.384889/page-19
Posted by: buckstown, July 14, 2020, 7:14pm; Reply: 122
Don't know if this a joke but it is comedy gold
https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=avUNX7H3B4_atQaz3ozACA&q=hull+city+management+team&oq=hull+city+management+team&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgAMgIIADIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeOggIABCxAxCDAToFCAAQsQM6DQgAELEDEIMBEEYQ_QE6BwgAEEYQ-wFQjgJYiUVgjlloAHAAeACAAYcDiAGrIJIBCDAuMjQuMC4xmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 14, 2020, 7:27pm; Reply: 123

8-0

Hull fan wanting to loan Ian Holloway for last 2 games on Hullberside.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, July 14, 2020, 7:33pm; Reply: 124
Ohhh, it’s great to see them being given a serious tonking. 😂
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 14, 2020, 7:35pm; Reply: 125

Wigan 2nd lowest scorers in the Championship before tonight.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 14, 2020, 7:43pm; Reply: 126
Have Wigan gone home, no more goals in the last 15 minutes
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 14, 2020, 7:44pm; Reply: 127
Can we go straight to 10 and pass go (9)?

There is plenty of time for a spirited fight back.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 14, 2020, 7:44pm; Reply: 128
Boro just gone 2-1 up
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 14, 2020, 7:48pm; Reply: 129
19:43
Post update

Wigan 8-0 Hull

Hull thought they had a penalty as Keane Lewis-Potter was fouled in the box and it was awarded by the ref but the decision has been overturned.

Posted by: supertown, July 14, 2020, 8:02pm; Reply: 130

Why?

They really must have done you over good and proper! ;D

All the excrement I get from my Hull ‘friends’
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 14, 2020, 8:08pm; Reply: 131
Luton 1-0 up against QPR, Hull drop to 23rd in the table.

Hull at home to Luton on Saturday
Posted by: toontown, July 14, 2020, 8:29pm; Reply: 132
This has made my night. Hilarious. Will have a beer or two. Would be made up to see them relegated.
Posted by: forza ivano, July 14, 2020, 8:33pm; Reply: 133
Before we get too exultant, I'd just point out that their match thread reads very much like many a Fishy match thread over the last 10 years.

I almost felt sorry for them by the end🤣😉
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, July 14, 2020, 8:36pm; Reply: 134
Oh my, I’ve just seen the score  😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Posted by: LH, July 14, 2020, 9:00pm; Reply: 135
If you’re going to get relegated you might as well do a bloody good job of it.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 14, 2020, 9:02pm; Reply: 136
Quoted from forza ivano
Before we get too resultant, I'd just point out that their match thread reads very much like many a Fishy match thread over the last 10 years.

I almost felt sorry for them by the end🤣😉

I never feel sorry for the Hully gullies, at least they will be customed to playing in a empty stadium.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, July 14, 2020, 9:04pm; Reply: 137
At least we scored at Hartlepool lol
Posted by: Poojah, July 14, 2020, 9:26pm; Reply: 138
At least we scored at Hartlepool lol

I was thinking only the other day about how we managed to be so dire in that game and season in general. Seven of the starting eleven that night were relatively or in some case very well seasoned in the second tier; Aidan Davison, Jason Crowe, Simon Ford, Darren Barnard, Paul Groves, Stuart Campbell and Michael Boulding.

Also in the squad for much of that season were John McDermott, Alan Pouton, Stacy Coldicott and Phil Jevons. The core of the squad wasn't anywhere near as appalling as the performances it produced. I probably remember that season more for the late influx of disinterested journeymen like Iffy Onoura, Paul Warhurst, Jamie Lawrence and John Thorrington, not to mention the laughing stock that was Mickael Antoine-Curier - the fact is we should never have been in the position where we needed to do that kind of panic buying.

I guess it was just the force of downward momentum on the club at the time; the atmosphere must have been pretty toxic with the fresh stench of the ITV Digital collapse lingering in the background. I do wonder what might have been if we'd been able to stabilise at that level though...

..nah, I take that back. We'd have found a way to fúck it up regardless.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 14, 2020, 9:39pm; Reply: 139
Pouton getting injured in pre-season was huge. By having Disco in his place, we had about 3.834432% of AP's drive.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 14, 2020, 10:05pm; Reply: 140
Quoted from Poojah

I was thinking only the other day about how we managed to be so dire in that game and season in general.
Seven of the starting eleven that night were relatively or in some case very well seasoned in the second tier; Aidan Davison, Jason Crowe, Simon Ford, Darren Barnard, Paul Groves, Stuart Campbell and Michael Boulding.

Also in the squad for much of that season were John McDermott, Alan Pouton, Stacy Coldicott and Phil Jevons. The core of the squad wasn't anywhere near as appalling as the performances it produced. I probably remember that season more for the late influx of disinterested journeymen like Iffy Onoura, Paul Warhurst, Jamie Lawrence and John Thorrington, not to mention the laughing stock that was Mickael Antoine-Curier - the fact is we should never have been in the position where we needed to do that kind of panic buying.

I guess it was just the force of downward momentum on the club at the time; the atmosphere must have been pretty toxic with the fresh stench of the ITV Digital collapse lingering in the background. I do wonder what might have been if we'd been able to stabilise at that level though...

..nah, I take that back. We'd have found a way to fúck it up regardless.

We were actually on top for the first 20 ish  mins (?) or so and just completely collapsed when the first goal went in. Bizarre night and one of those that actually got so bad it was almost funny. The "shall we go now" question was asked but it was decided "no lets see just see how many they will get"  ;D
Posted by: Poojah, July 14, 2020, 10:08pm; Reply: 141
Quoted from Abdul19
Pouton getting injured in pre-season was huge. By having Disco in his place, we had about 3.834432% of AP's drive.

It's easy to forget that we actually signed Disco Des twice. The first time was on deadline day a few months earlier, when we picked him up on loan with antagonistic Preston midfielder Michael Keane, only for us to subsequently realise that we'd signed more players on loan than we were allowed to.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11697/2261422/mariners-make-double-swoop

Sometimes, when fate tries to do you a favour, you should probably just accept that it wasn't meant to be and move on...
Posted by: LH, July 14, 2020, 10:56pm; Reply: 142
Not even Carole Baskin can save these Tigers!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, July 14, 2020, 11:52pm; Reply: 143
Just watched the goals first 7 were down to woeful defending but the 8th is a great goal nothing you can do about a finish like that.  ;D ;D
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 15, 2020, 1:21am; Reply: 144
Quoted from Poojah

It's easy to forget that we actually signed Disco Des twice. The first time was on deadline day a few months earlier, when we picked him up on loan with antagonistic Preston midfielder Michael Keane, only for us to subsequently realise that we'd signed more players on loan than we were allowed to.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11697/2261422/mariners-make-double-swoop

Sometimes, when fate tries to do you a favour, you should probably just accept that it wasn't meant to be and move on...

I understand that was a member up by someone still at the club ;)
Posted by: Garth, July 15, 2020, 9:33am; Reply: 145
Burnsey, Swaney your boys took a hell of a beating
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 15, 2020, 10:15am; Reply: 146
I am sometimes over-cynical but I could not help thinking at half time last night that someone, somewhere, probably in the Far East, was making a fortune out of a bet on this scoreline.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 15, 2020, 8:21pm; Reply: 147

Full time....Birmingham 1-1 Charlton

Survival just got a little bit harder tonight for Hull after Charlton picked up a point at Birmingham.

Could've been worse, Birmingham equalised in injury time.
Posted by: mimma, July 16, 2020, 1:34am; Reply: 148

Full time....Birmingham 1-1 Charlton

Survival just got a little bit harder tonight for Hull after Charlton picked up a point at Birmingham.

Could've been BETTER, Birmingham equalised in injury time.

Amended
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 17, 2020, 5:53am; Reply: 149
Quoted from Garth
Burnsey, Swaney your boys took a hell of a beating

David Burns is a Town fan.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 18, 2020, 3:02pm; Reply: 150
Charlton 2 Wigan 2, FT today.  Charlton got a very late equaliser.

This results on Hull’s future in the Championship, but how is to be determined.

Hull v Luton today is a must win game ( or must lose game for Hull).  😁😁
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, July 18, 2020, 3:08pm; Reply: 151
Don’t Charton play Leeds in last game? Praying for a Luton win today. If so, t’tahgers are down I think.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 18, 2020, 3:48pm; Reply: 152

HT....Hull 0-0 Luton

Come on Luton
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 18, 2020, 4:44pm; Reply: 153

Luton score  (icon_lol)
Posted by: mimma, July 18, 2020, 4:49pm; Reply: 154
Luton just scored in the 85th. minute  to lead dull!!
Posted by: jock dock tower, July 18, 2020, 4:51pm; Reply: 155
Regardless of the Gullies getting relegated, hopefully, I do have some sympathy with them over the abysmal way they've been shafted with the owner. Things like t hat shouldn't happen to any club.
Posted by: mimma, July 18, 2020, 5:01pm; Reply: 156
You probably don't listen to hullberside jock, so don't have to listen to them going on and on and on about dull. We hardly get a mention and when we do it's usually negative.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 18, 2020, 5:07pm; Reply: 157
Hull would be already relegated (barring a miraculous goal difference swing) if it wasn’t for Wigan’s impending points deduction.

For Hull to stay up...

Hull need to win at Cardiff
Luton lose at home to Blackburn
Barnsley manage no more than 4 points from Forest (home) and Brentford (away)
Wigan must be deducted 12 points and fail to beat Fulham (home)

My prediction.... Charlton, Hull and Barnsley will be relegated.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 18, 2020, 5:12pm; Reply: 158
Quoted from jock dock tower
Regardless of the Gullies getting relegated, hopefully, I do have some sympathy with them over the abysmal way they've been shafted with the owner. Things like t hat shouldn't happen to any club.

They were happy to take the money, lording it over us when in the Premiership, that's the problem with a owner who has no affiliation with the club. Pulls the plug on the finances and this is what happens, same with Scunthorpe.
Jeff on Skysports said that Hull's attendances at the start of the season was 16,000 then dropped to 10,000.
Got money from the sale of their best players in the transfer window, whether that goes back into the club, not a clue.
Hull are going to find it financially challenging in League one.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, July 18, 2020, 5:16pm; Reply: 159
No pleasing some fans. Hull improved by 7 goals from last game and fans not happy. Looks like relegation almost certain. Who would have thought we would be only one league behind them
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 18, 2020, 5:18pm; Reply: 160

Fans having a go at Burnsey now on Hullberside, great entertainment   ;D
Posted by: moosey_club, July 18, 2020, 5:28pm; Reply: 161
They get everything they deserve, broke once, pretty much broke a second time until the Allams (spelling ?) stepped in. I dont think there was a single voice of concern when the Allams took over, they give the family absolute pelters now and wonder why they no longer are interested in subsidising the club and are looking to recoup their outlay.
They are a 4th Division club who were gifted facilities and overspent their way to success.....all coming back to bite them on their @rse now.

Back to the good old days of getting locked out the ground would do for me.  Mudrats.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 18, 2020, 5:33pm; Reply: 162
Brentford, Cardiff and Forest all have something to play for.

I think that Wigan are still appealing against their 12 points deduction.

All adds to the mix.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, July 18, 2020, 5:41pm; Reply: 163
Simple, if Hull dont win their last game they are relegated, they play Cardiff who need a point for a play off spot, surely Hull can not escape now.
Posted by: mariner1424, July 18, 2020, 5:50pm; Reply: 164
Hull looked absolutely dire in that 2nd half and Luton should really have had more. Can't see them getting anything other than another thumping at cardiff
Posted by: wuffing, July 18, 2020, 5:56pm; Reply: 165
Walking along Clee prom
The dark clouds have just gone
They are now above K Com
Posted by: supertown, July 18, 2020, 6:00pm; Reply: 166
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Simple, if Hull dont win their last game they are relegated, they play Cardiff who need a point for a play off spot, surely Hull can not escape now.

Except sheff wed are still under the threat of points deduction
Posted by: Madeleymariner, July 18, 2020, 6:05pm; Reply: 167
Weds are the only team above them that they can finish above without 3 points so they still finish 3rd bottom if Weds have the deduction surely
Posted by: Madeleymariner, July 18, 2020, 6:06pm; Reply: 168
Not that I'm bothered about Hull, I was hoping it would be Stoke coming down
Posted by: supertown, July 18, 2020, 6:20pm; Reply: 169
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Weds are the only team above them that they can finish above without 3 points so they still finish 3rd bottom if Weds have the deduction surely

Not if they win and Wigan lose
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 18, 2020, 7:30pm; Reply: 170
I am sure that they would prefer to go to Accrington than to Old Trafford or Anfield, as they did a few seasons ago.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, July 18, 2020, 9:43pm; Reply: 171
Quoted from supertown

Not if they win and Wigan lose

Thats why I said Dull have to win to survive, if every other team lost and Dull dont win (even if they draw) and Weds/Wigan get their deductions Dull still finish in the bottom 3
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, July 19, 2020, 5:02pm; Reply: 172
Now bottom of league after Barnsley win.
Nothing less than a win can save them even if both Wigan and Sheffield Weds are penalised points.
Shame...
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 19, 2020, 5:05pm; Reply: 173
Barnsley beat Forest with 93rd min goal.  Nothing like piling on the agony for Hull and severely dashing their hopes of staying up.  :)
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 19, 2020, 5:31pm; Reply: 174
Interesting final fixtures, concerning those looking for promotion, play-offs and relegation.

Wigan v Fulham - Wigan may need something from this game, Fulham have a outside chance of automatic promotion, if results go their way.

Brentford v Barnsley - Brentford have a chance of automatic promotion if they can better West Brom's result, Barnsley need a win and results to go they way to stay up.

Cardiff v Hull - Cardiff need to equal Swansea's result for the final play-off spot, Hull need to win and a miracle to stay up.

Luton v Blackburn - Luton need to better Charlton's result, Blackburn nothing to play for.

Leeds v Charlton - Charlton need to equal Luton's result, Leeds Champions, may be in party mode still.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 19, 2020, 9:15pm; Reply: 175
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Barnsley beat Forest with 93rd min goal.  Nothing like piling on the agony for Hull and severely dashing their hopes of staying up.  :)

I know there's still one game to go but at the minute they could deduct Wigan AND Sheff Wednesday ALL their points an Hull would still be relegated.
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 19, 2020, 10:37pm; Reply: 176
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Interesting final fixtures, concerning those looking for promotion, play-offs and relegation.

Wigan v Fulham - Wigan may need something from this game, Fulham have a outside chance of automatic promotion, if results go their way.

Brentford v Barnsley - Brentford have a chance of automatic promotion if they can better West Brom's result, Barnsley need a win and results to go they way to stay up.

Cardiff v Hull - Cardiff need to equal Swansea's result for the final play-off spot, Hull need to win and a miracle to stay up.

Luton v Blackburn - Luton need to better Charlton's result, Blackburn nothing to play for.

Leeds v Charlton - Charlton need to equal Luton's result, Leeds Champions, may be in party mode still.

I would say that Wigan need to go for the win as anything less with the 12 point deduction would put them below both Charlton and Luton.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 22, 2020, 6:46pm; Reply: 177
I assume the fat lady has arrived at the KC (or should that be at Cardiff), ready for her performance later tonight.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, July 22, 2020, 6:50pm; Reply: 178
David Burns is reporting that things have changed at the Targers

Plan B is to make Plan A better

Sorted

Bit late to find that out?
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 22, 2020, 6:53pm; Reply: 179

My evening is sorted, Hullberside on the radio and Liverpool v Chelsea on the telly.
Pick TV.....Freeview Channel 11

In other news...HT..Man Utd 0-1 West Ham
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 22, 2020, 7:51pm; Reply: 180

Cardiff score   8)
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 22, 2020, 8:10pm; Reply: 181

Cardiff now 2 up

West Brom losing so as it stands Brentford go up with Leeds.

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 22, 2020, 8:15pm; Reply: 182
The fat lady is finishing her songs in Cardiff.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 22, 2020, 8:15pm; Reply: 183
The fat lady is finishing her songs in Cardiff.
Posted by: buckstown, July 22, 2020, 8:22pm; Reply: 184
Have to say the conclusion to the Championship is seriously exciting. Promotion and relegation places changing all the time!
Posted by: Meza, July 22, 2020, 8:24pm; Reply: 185
Quoted from buckstown
Have to say the conclusion to the Championship is seriously exciting. Promotion and relegation places changing all the time!

Yep, looking forward to Guest tonight.
Posted by: Meza, July 22, 2020, 8:33pm; Reply: 186
Also 45 pts for finishing last, wow that league is unforgiving.  

14-15 - last place 26 pts
15-16 - last place 30 pts
16-17 - last place 23 pts
17-18 - last place 37 pts
18-19 - last place 31 pts
19-20 - last place atm 45 pts
Posted by: psgmariner, July 22, 2020, 9:01pm; Reply: 187
McCan reportedly agreed to stay on next season as well  :)
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 22, 2020, 9:13pm; Reply: 188
Quoted from psgmariner
McCan reportedly agreed to stay on next season as well  :)

Got to change his name to McCan't though. ;)
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 22, 2020, 9:13pm; Reply: 189

Really close between Swansea and Forest for the last play-off spot.
Posted by: buckstown, July 22, 2020, 9:20pm; Reply: 190
5 minutes to go, 2nd promotion spot still open, last play of place still open, relegation still open. Hull stuffed!!!
Thriller
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 22, 2020, 9:48pm; Reply: 191
Biggest shock tonight Swansea pipping Notts Forest to the final play-off spot.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, July 22, 2020, 9:49pm; Reply: 192
Did they, table on here shows it as Forest still
Posted by: Ipswin, July 22, 2020, 9:53pm; Reply: 193
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Sporting Life site has it to Swansea by one goal

Posted by: promotion plaice, July 22, 2020, 9:54pm; Reply: 194

If I was a Brentford fan I'd be gutted.

They only had to beat Barnsley, now they face the lottery of the play-offs.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 22, 2020, 9:58pm; Reply: 195
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Yep, Swansea needed a swing of 5 goals, same goal difference,as they scored more goals would go above Forest, in the end they was a 6 goal swing.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, July 23, 2020, 7:51am; Reply: 196
Amidst the gloom of relegation on the North Bank of the Humber, the Mighty Mariners can celebrate over 10 years without a single relegation.

Hopefully we can keep that up for another 10 years and include a couple of promotions too. 😀⚽️🍺
Posted by: toontown, July 23, 2020, 8:35am; Reply: 197
Can see hull continuing their plummet as any money they do generate with sales etc in the summer may be diverted to paying back the millions they owe the Allams!

Hopefully normality will be restored and they will yo yo between leagues 1 and 2 and be back below us again  ;D
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 23, 2020, 11:16am; Reply: 198
Even Viking Radio were trying to put a positive spin on Dull’s relegation, came up with 10 things good about league one, their first was that the KCom was the best stadium in the league, they seen to have forgotten about Sunderland’s Stadium of Light.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 23, 2020, 11:39am; Reply: 199
Quoted from Gaffer58
Even Viking Radio were trying to put a positive spin on Dull’s relegation, came up with 10 things good about league one, their first was that the KCom was the best stadium in the league, they seen to have forgotten about Sunderland’s Stadium of Light.

Add Portman Road and Fratton Park to that list too. Proper grounds with character.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 23, 2020, 11:45am; Reply: 200
Last time I looked, a big new (ish) ground did not win you any points at home.  In fact, as we found in NL, smaller teams often raised their game when coming to the mighty BP.
Posted by: paramariner, July 23, 2020, 11:55am; Reply: 201
And Dull don't even own the stadium!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 23, 2020, 12:27pm; Reply: 202
First round FA Cup next season anyone?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 23, 2020, 12:44pm; Reply: 203
Just reading Gregor Robertson’s summary of the Championship last night and he makes the point that if the same system had been used as in L1 and L2 then Hull would not have been relegated but Luton and Barnsley would have gone down.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 23, 2020, 1:18pm; Reply: 204
Wasn't it only around Christmas time that Burnsey was waffling on about a Targhers play-off push this season? That worked out well didn't it!  :)
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 23, 2020, 1:31pm; Reply: 205
Quoted from Les Brechin
Wasn't it only around Christmas time that Burnsey was waffling on about a Targhers play-off push this season? That worked out well didn't it!  :)

To be fair to DB he says it how he sees it and doesn't mind giving managers some stick when the going gets tough.
He really laid into McCann after yesterday's game.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 23, 2020, 1:35pm; Reply: 206
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Add Portman Road and Fratton Park to that list too. Proper grounds with character.

Add Milton Keynes, Doncaster Rovers to the list, like someone said having a nice stadium, does not get 3 points.
Hull will not even be a big fish in League one.

Found this piece on Hull live
Hull City's relegation to the third-tier of English football isn't just bad news for the club and its fans.

For it will also almost certainly create an unwanted negative impact on Hull's economy and profile.

With unemployment rising sharply following the Covid-19 lockdown, it couldn't have happened at a worst time.

The economic benefits for a city from having a successful football team are hard to quantify in pure cash terms.

However, a study by global financial giants Ernst & Young on the economic impact of the Premier league in 2013/14, when City secured their highest ever finish in the top-flight, gives some clues.

It said: "The appeal of Premier League football to both domestic and global audiences has helped to increase the inward economic impact of the competition by attracting international tourism, broadcasting revenues and foreign investment.

"Worldwide, the Premier League is available in 185 countries and broadcast to an estimated 730 million homes.

"The approach to estimating the economic impact of the Premier League captures not only the direct economic impact resulting from the Premier League and clubs, but also the additional economic activity that occurs through their supply chains and additional activity that occurs from employee spending."

For tourism and supply chain, read visiting fans and the local businesses providing in-demand services to thriving Premier League clubs.
Related Articles

Boris Johnson refuses more support for struggling Hull after Covid-19 impact

In stands to reason that life in League One will see fewer fans heading the KCOM Stadium for games even taking into account the significant drop in attendances seen there over the last two seasons.

That means much less pre- and post-match spending in the bars and shops in areas like Princes Avenue and Anlaby Road.

It's also likely that fewer fans of visiting teams will contemplate an overnight hotel stay to Hull as part of a mini-break to the city.

Employee spending, as identified in the Ernst & Young report, will also tumble as City adjust to their new lower league status.

The club's accounts for City's last season in the Premier League in 2016/17 showed staff costs at £62m.

That figure had fallen to £24m in the last published set of accounts covering 2018/19 and it's likley to have reduced again this season.

Non-playing staff numbers have been reduced along with the spending power of players

Many of the City players in the Premier League era were earning more than £50,000 a week and while several lived in West Yorkshire at the time, some of those wages will have been spent in East Yorkshire with estate agents, car dealerships and restaurants probably benefitting the most.

Contrast that with the current situation which will see relegation clauses in players' contracts being activated to cut salaries by up to 50 per cent.

As such, it's probable that few if any of the squad will be earning more than £6,000 a week.

While still a big wage in the context of average working salaries in Hull, the days of the big-spending Premier League stars in black and amber are over, at least for the time being.

The city's hard-won and much-improved profile will also inevitably take a hit.

As a worldwide brand, the Premier League puts cities on the global stage.

Hull's stated aim in the early years of the first decade of the century to be a Top 10 City was certainly boosted by the football club's remarkable rise through the leagues to secure a series of promotions to the Premier League, an FA Cup Final appearance and a brief appearance in European competition.

Regular appearances on the BBC's Match of the Day and live games on Sky showcased Hull like never before.

That sporting momentum was seen by many as helping to lay the ambitious foundations for Hull's successful bid to be the UK City of Culture in 2017.

Today, City can't even claim to the Yorkshire's top football club with Leeds now back in the Premier League alongside Sheffield United.

[/b]Instead, the best we've got is a dot on the BBC weather map.[b]
Posted by: Hagrid, July 23, 2020, 1:36pm; Reply: 207
heard a few of burnsys interviews and says it how it is

id like to see town play hull, never have, not in a competitive match and dont think we've played at the KCOM either have we?
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 23, 2020, 1:42pm; Reply: 208
Just reading Gregor Robertson’s summary of the Championship last night and he makes the point that if the same system had been used as in L1 and L2 then Hull would not have been relegated but Luton and Barnsley would have gone down.

Just shows you how good, bad the points per game method was.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 23, 2020, 1:42pm; Reply: 209
Quoted from Hagrid
heard a few of burnsys interviews and says it how it is

id like to see town play hull, never have, not in a competitive match and dont think we've played at the KCOM either have we?

We won 1-0 in a pre-season friendly there not too long after it had opened.

Just has a quick peek at Hull's results and following their 2-1 win at QPR on 29th Dec they sat 3 points off the play-offs and 16 points clear of the bottom. That 2nd half of the season really must have been bad.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 23, 2020, 1:46pm; Reply: 210
I'm guessing we'll be in their group in the FL trophy, except that it might not happen and even if it did no-one would care.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 23, 2020, 2:57pm; Reply: 211
Quoted from Les Brechin

Just has a quick peek at Hull's results and following their 2-1 win at QPR on 29th Dec they sat 3 points off the play-offs and 16 points clear of the bottom. That 2nd half of the season really must have been bad.

Took 6 points from a possible 60pts, 3 draws (Birimingham 3-3, Swansea 4-4 & Reading 1-1) and 1 win (Middlesboro 2-1). Conceeding 54 goals and scoring 17 goals.

The win against Middlesboro was an injury-time winner by M.Wilks.
Posted by: White_shorts, July 23, 2020, 3:21pm; Reply: 212
Quoted from Mallyner
I'm sorry if anybody else has mentioned this but Hull City seem to have gone downhill with the lack of investment; and that seems to go back to when Allam was stopped from being able to buy the ground and changing the name to Hull Tigers by the FA. A large percentage of Hull supporters were against it too.

His argument was because the Tiger is regarded as a lucky symbol in parts of Asia, the shirt sales could have been immense.

My question as a lifelong Grimsby Town supporter is, would we be happy if somebody wanted to invest 30, 40 million in our club, to be called Grimsby Mariners?

I don't understand why so many Hull fans were against a name change.

Their club badge is a TIGER;
The home shirt is black and amber stripes, like a TIGER;
For goodness sake, their nickname is the TIGERS.

"City" is a dull suffix. Lots of teams are called City: Leicester, Norwich, Stoke, Birmingham, Swansea, Cardiff, Coventry, Bradford etc. "United" is dull. "Town" is dull.

Tottenham Hotspur, Sheffield Wednesday, Crewe Alexandra and Accrington Stanley are great names.

Posted by: promotion plaice, July 23, 2020, 3:36pm; Reply: 213
Quoted from White_shorts

"City" is a dull suffix. Lots of teams are called City: Leicester, Norwich, Stoke, Birmingham, Swansea, Cardiff, Coventry, Bradford etc. "United" is dull. "Town" is dull.

Tottenham Hotspur, Sheffield Wednesday, Crewe Alexandra and Accrington Stanley are great names.

Can't disagree with that.

Grimsby Mariners does have a ring to it.

Bring on the red crosses    ;D

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 23, 2020, 4:16pm; Reply: 214
Quoted from White_shorts

You opinion.

To me Hull Tigers sounds like  some new breakfast cereal.

It was the owner's idea to appeal to the far east market. Why? Who knows, but we can guess.

It's the difference between a name and a nickname I think. The former is more formal, the name to be used on the sports pages and league tables, the latter is more of a personal attachment for the fans of the club. It is special to them and for them.

I would hate our club to be officially renamed Grimsby Mariners or something like it. Mariners is what we the fans call our own club, the name is ours, it belongs to us.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 23, 2020, 7:36pm; Reply: 215
Well let's put it this way, the fans backlash regards the name has secured their historical name, has potentially cost them millions in additional sales/sponsor interest based around the Tiger name, has helped deliver 2 relegations, is forcing out a man / family previously seen as saviours, has set the club on a downward spiral which they may never recover and has took the bounce out of Burns and Swanny.....

Great decision from where I am sat 🤣
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 23, 2020, 8:17pm; Reply: 216
Just need Bournemouth to get relegated on Bournemouth, will make my week even better.

Fed up hearing about how little Bournemouth are over achieving, bank rolled by Russian money.

Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 23, 2020, 8:52pm; Reply: 217
It is a insult to the majestic Tiger to be associated with Hull  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: toontown, July 23, 2020, 10:58pm; Reply: 218
Quoted from Les Brechin

Isn't that quite reminiscent of our 2nd half of the season collapse under Lyons? Didn't hull city relegate us that year. What goes around comes around!
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 24, 2020, 7:53am; Reply: 219
Quoted from toontown

Isn't that quite reminiscent of our 2nd half of the season collapse under Lyons? Didn't hull city relegate us that year. What goes around comes around!

Yeah, they did by drawing 2-2 at BP when we needed to win. We went to Stoke last game already relgated and got pummeled 5-1 (We had a young keeper in goal making his only appearance for us that day, can't for the life of me remember his name though).

We beat West Brom at home mid-March and were sitting comfortably mid-table but then went the last 10 games of the season without a win, losing 8.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, July 24, 2020, 8:13am; Reply: 220
Seem to remember the downward spiral that season coincided with the signings of Mick Halsall and Scott McGarvey
Posted by: It Bites, July 24, 2020, 8:27am; Reply: 221
[quote=140519]

Also an important fact that is overlooked... Hull is the River .... Kingston is the name of the City
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 24, 2020, 9:07am; Reply: 222
Just had a thought. I think the kid in goal at Stoke that afternoon was called Lee Pratt.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 24, 2020, 9:38am; Reply: 223
Quoted from Les Brechin
Just had a thought. I think the kid in goal at Stoke that afternoon was called Lee Pratt.

Spot on Les. His only appearance. Lee was a contemporary of Tommy Watson and John McDermott in the junior ranks and was a good keeper if rather on the small side. But then so was Batch! He played for Louth for a few years I think.

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 24, 2020, 11:22am; Reply: 224
When they got within 3 points of the play-offs, I thought that they might get out of the Championship.

I was right! 😏😁
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 24, 2020, 1:14pm; Reply: 225

Spot on Les. His only appearance. Lee was a contemporary of Tommy Watson and John McDermott in the junior ranks and was a good keeper if rather on the small side. But then so was Batch! He played for Louth for a few years I think.

I can remember us Town fans singing "We'll be back as champions" that afternoon, How wrong we were!   ;D
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, July 24, 2020, 6:26pm; Reply: 226
Quoted from Les Brechin

I can remember us Town fans singing "We'll be back as champions" that afternoon, How wrong we were!   ;D

That though eventually heralded AB1 so as the wheel turned downwards a legend was getting ready for us at Kettering.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 26, 2020, 8:16pm; Reply: 227
Made my day Bournemouth relegated.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, July 26, 2020, 9:04pm; Reply: 228
Not sure why YD  - Eddy Howe comes across as as a good manager in charge of a small club punching way beyond it's weight & nice bloke to boot. Admit I know nothing about the ownership - may be dodgy?
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, July 26, 2020, 9:06pm; Reply: 229
Not sure why YD  - Eddy Howe comes across as as a good manager in charge of a small club punching way beyond it's weight & nice bloke to boot. Admit I know nothing about the ownership - may be dodgy?
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 26, 2020, 9:33pm; Reply: 230
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
When they got within 3 points of the play-offs, I thought that they might get out of the Championship.

I was right! 😏😁

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

(lol)
Posted by: Poojah, July 26, 2020, 9:45pm; Reply: 231
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

You can't deny that Eddie Howe has done a brilliant job at Bournemouth, either side of an unnsuccesful Paul Groves stint. To take a club from the foot of League Two to several, stable years in the Premier League is no mean feat, regardless of how it is financed.

However, as success stories go their 'fairytale' is the footballing equivalent of some 23 year old skank marrying a 96 year old billionnaire and inheriting his wealth. The trophies of success are there, but they are not earned. The autobiography would be excrement.

Personally, I think Brentford's promotion to the Premier League, should it happen, will be a far more remarkable success story and a very interesting one when you look into the science behind their progress.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 1, 2020, 10:11pm; Reply: 232
Quoted from Poojah

You can't deny that Eddie Howe has done a brilliant job at Bournemouth

Just left Bournemouth by mutual consent.

I see Sheff Wednesday were handed a 12 point deduction for next season meaning they stay in the Championship, no doubt another legal case ensuing.

Posted by: jaygy, August 2, 2020, 1:06am; Reply: 233

Just left Bournemouth by mutual consent.

I see Sheff Wednesday were handed a 12 point deduction for next season meaning they stay in the Championship, no doubt another legal case ensuing.

Charlton are putting a legal case together
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 4, 2020, 7:29pm; Reply: 234

Wigan lose their appeal against a 12 point deduction and join Hull in League One next season.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 4, 2020, 7:50pm; Reply: 235
This season Bournemouth were the first Prem team to concede 50 goals (or 60 goals can’t remember) for 5 consecutive seasons.  Plenty of warning that the defence needed sorting out.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 4, 2020, 7:50pm; Reply: 236
This season Bournemouth were the first Prem team to concede 50 goals (or 60 goals can’t remember) for 5 consecutive seasons.  Plenty of warning that the defence needed sorting out.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 5, 2020, 7:30am; Reply: 237
I’d like to speak with a Bournemouth fan of longer than 10 years to hear their views of Howe. Let’s not forget he did leave at the first chance to manage a premier league team and was a disaster really.

I think sentiment is another reason why Bournemouth were relegated. He didn’t really improve the side year on year and as someone already pointed out, it was clear that defensively they were poor yet nothing was seemingly done to solve that or try at least.

The legal cases are gonna happen but I think Charlton are wasting their time. We all know the EFL are useless so I can’t see the Sheff Wednesday thing being over turned. Randomly, I haven’t listened to talk sport for months but put it on the other day; Charlton fan on...most entitled, nonsense talking male private. Claiming they’re championship club. It’s where they belong, too good to go down, blah blah. I never really felt another good or bad against Charlton but after hearing him babble on I’m quite glad they went down.

As for Hull, who knows? Could this be a slippery slope back to league 2. Could they become another Bradford? Who knows, the Allams will continue to intercourse it up and I guess time will tell whether or not they’re ambition to go forward exists...
Posted by: Cricklewoodmariner, August 5, 2020, 10:24am; Reply: 238
[tweet]1290938247095431168[/tweet]

[img]https://media1.tenor.com/images/24aa510ef850121848adcf45e1a7be09/tenor.gif?itemid=5540011[/img]
Posted by: The Yard Dog, August 5, 2020, 12:54pm; Reply: 239
Quoted from Cricklewoodmariner
[tweet]1290938247095431168[/tweet]

[img]https://media1.tenor.com/images/24aa510ef850121848adcf45e1a7be09/tenor.gif?itemid=5540011[/img]

Last 20 games

1 win
3 draws
16 lost

That's a total of 6 points from a possible 60
Posted by: Poojah, August 5, 2020, 1:25pm; Reply: 240
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Last 20 games

1 win
3 draws
16 lost

That's a total of 6 points from a possible 60

You can prove anything with stats. In their final two games combined they conceded just half the amount of goals that they conceded in the single game prior - that's a 400% improvement. Some impressive defensive witchcraft right there.

By my maths, if that rate of improvement continues the Tahgers are on track to concede their last goal ever by early December. More I think about it, there might be something in that...

Posted by: ex-merseymariner, August 5, 2020, 2:25pm; Reply: 241
Quoted from Poojah

You can prove anything with stats. In their final two games combined they conceded just half the amount of goals that they conceded in the single game prior - that's a 400% improvement. Some impressive defensive witchcraft right there.

By my maths, if that rate of improvement continues the Tahgers are on track to concede their last goal ever by early December. More I think about it, there might be something in that...

Ah, but they are due to play Wigan again, possibly before December, so you need to factor that in.   Hull were appalling in the second half of the season, the Allams don't blame McCann, and any one looking at buying a League One club would most likely think of Sunderland or Wigan first?

Posted by: The Yard Dog, August 6, 2020, 10:17am; Reply: 242
Quoted from Poojah

What I was pointing out that in their last 20 games only taken 6 points from a possible 60, when we were on a run like that we was calling on our chairman to sack the manager.
Yes stats can be manipulated to make things look better or worse, like your example of "their final two games combined they conceded just half the amount of goals that they conceded in the single game prior - that's a 400% improvement, which resulted in ZERO points, so the STAT that matters POINTS they was 0% improvement.

Its like all these match stats, passes completed, possession rate, attacking, defensive, running distance etc, all these pundits purring about Man City possession rate, they lost 9 games last season.
The most important stat is your goal scored column is better than your opponents.
Posted by: Poojah, August 6, 2020, 10:43am; Reply: 243
Quoted from The Yard Dog

What I was pointing out that in their last 20 games only taken 6 points from a possible 60, when we were on a run like that we was calling on our chairman to sack the manager.
Yes stats can be manipulated to make things look better or worse, like your example of "their final two games combined they conceded just half the amount of goals that they conceded in the single game prior - that's a 400% improvement, which resulted in ZERO points, so the STAT that matters POINTS they was 0% improvement.

Its like all these match stats, passes completed, possession rate, attacking, defensive, running distance etc, all these pundits purring about Man City possession rate, they lost 9 games last season.
The most important stat is your goal scored column is better than your opponents.

Sorry mate my post was taking the píss (out of Hull, not your post). I was implying that only losing 1-0 and 3-0 after being beaten 8-0 marked great progress (which of course, it does not).

Their record towards the end of the season was indeed absolutely dismal, and the fact the manager has kept his job after such a run is as laughable as the rest of that club at the minute. They are in a right old mess.

Posted by: The Yard Dog, August 6, 2020, 10:59am; Reply: 244
Quoted from Poojah

Sorry mate my post was taking the píss (out of Hull, not your post). I was implying that only losing 1-0 and 3-0 after being beaten 8-0 marked great progress (which of course, it does not).

Their record towards the end of the season was indeed absolutely dismal, and the fact the manager has kept his job after such a run is as laughable as the rest of that club at the minute. They are in a right old mess.

No problem, it just goes to show, that the pundits go on about all these stats, its boring, the only stat that matters to me, is Town' goal column is better than the oppenents
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 2:17am