Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: Boris Johnson, June 14, 2020, 11:24am
Closing

not happy, best pub in cleethorpes, that and the Queens
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 14, 2020, 2:07pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Closing

Like/liked them both but I preferred "The Lifeboat"   ;)

Posted by: cmackenzie4, June 14, 2020, 2:48pm; Reply: 2
Can you remember Strides? I had some blinding nights in there (well what I can remember anyway) 😉
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 14, 2020, 3:00pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Can you remember Strides? I had some blinding nights in there (well what I can remember anyway) 😉

We were all bikers in those days [Chart room  ;)] so when it changed to Strides some of us moved to the Sub.

Those were the days when you could ride a 250cc on L plates without passing a test, bikers were getting killed on a regular basis.

My pride and joy was my Yamaha RD 250 LC

I did have a bad crash on my Honda CD 175 though.

Posted by: fishyfanny, June 14, 2020, 4:23pm; Reply: 4
I started going to Strides around 1985 and had some cracking nights. It was always packed.

Surely someone's going to buy the Notts as a going concern? Great little pub, good food and real ale. It's such a shame if that's the end of it.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, June 14, 2020, 4:58pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from promotion plaice

We were all bikers in those days [Chart room  ;)] so when it changed to Strides some of us moved to the Sub.

Those were the days when you could ride a 250cc on L plates without passing a test, bikers were getting killed on a regular basis.

My pride and joy was my Yamaha RD 250 LC

I did have a bad crash on my Honda CD 175 though.

Up to a few years ago I still had a 350 Elsie and a RD400, the latter could still wheelie at 80mph.
Posted by: barralad, June 14, 2020, 5:09pm; Reply: 6
A little part of me died the day The Lifeboat became Strides. The Chart Room was unique.
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 19, 2020, 11:43am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Closing

Telegraph today:

A spokeswoman for the brewery says speculation the Notts is going to be transformed into flats is unfounded and she says there are plans to re-open once the Government restrictions are eased and a new licensee is appointed.

Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 3:16am