Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 139914 (Guest), June 2, 2020, 9:02pm
Supposed to be a scheme to preserve jobs, not a scheme to keep going until nothing’s left in the pot for severance pay.  Too many businesses using it as a means of meeting their obligations to their employees.
Posted by: 139914 (Guest), June 2, 2020, 9:04pm; Reply: 1
*avoiding*
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 2, 2020, 9:26pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from 139914
Supposed to be a scheme to preserve jobs, not a scheme to keep going until nothing’s left in the pot for severance pay.  Too many businesses using it as a means of meeting their obligations to their employees.

WTF are you talking about?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, June 3, 2020, 8:49am; Reply: 3
Non football but I agree many firms taking the urine
Posted by: pen penfras, June 3, 2020, 9:52am; Reply: 4
Quoted from 139914

Almost every industry has seen a decline and as a result reduction in employees required. This scheme is to stop mass redundancies and let companies hold their breath until the worst part of this is over and they can get back to business. It's still going to end up with huge redundancies, but waiting to see how green things might be on the other side is exactly in the spirit of what the scheme is for. Without it, things would be much worse for everybody even if the main beneficiary of it are businesses. Quite how it all gets paid for is another matter.
Posted by: pizzzza, June 3, 2020, 12:03pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from pen penfras

Quite how it all gets paid for is another matter.

Some tax hikes (for individuals rather than corporations of course) and another decade of austerity perhaps?
Posted by: forza ivano, June 3, 2020, 12:19pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from pizzzza

Some tax hikes (for individuals rather than corporations of course) and another decade of austerity perhaps?

Theyve already said that they wont do that.sunak has already told co.directors and the self employed that they will increasingly be treated the same as paye personnel, so their tax Bill's will be going up ( continuing the trend of the last 5-10years). The 40% pension contribution is an obvious target, as is the pensions triple lock. There has been some suggestions that unearned wealth and inheritance tax could be targeted, plus I am sure the online retailers will be forced to play on a more level playing field with the high street firms.
As I mentioned in the coronavirus thread economists were also discussing some fairly complicated procedures within the investment/ financial world which were anomalies and could raise billions if they were 'brought into the fold'
Posted by: mimma, June 3, 2020, 1:17pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from forza ivano

Theyve already said that they wont do that.sunak has already told co.directors and the self employed that they will increasingly be treated the same as paye personnel, so their tax Bill's will be going up ( continuing the trend of the last 5-10years). The 40% pension contribution is an obvious target, as is the pensions triple lock. There has been some suggestions that unearned wealth and inheritance tax could be targeted, plus I am sure the online retailers will be forced to play on a more level playing field with the high street firms.
As I mentioned in the coronavirus thread economists were also discussing some fairly complicated procedures within the investment/ financial world which were anomalies and could raise billions if they were 'brought into the fold'

Is that the so called "Robin hood " tax?

Posted by: forza ivano, June 3, 2020, 3:02pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from mimma
[/b]

Is that the so called "Robin hood " tax?

No it was far more complicated than that.It was 6.30 am and it rather went over my head. They seemed quite  confident and enthusiastic about it though! I think there was something about entrepreneurs and their tax relief arrangements
Posted by: mimma, June 3, 2020, 3:24pm; Reply: 9
06:30 am?  That's still the middle of the night for me!!
Posted by: realist, June 3, 2020, 5:24pm; Reply: 10
I think it was wrong to call it the job retention scheme. A more honest title could have been short term redundancy avoidance scheme. A lot of those furloughed will soon be learning they have no job to go back to.
Posted by: moosey_club, June 3, 2020, 5:43pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from forza ivano

I would happily bet that won't actually happen. Always talked about but rarely anything like delivered.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 2:18am