Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mimma, May 25, 2020, 2:52pm
Mr. Shutes iand his team are in the Telegraph today, revealing their plans for the Haven development.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/stunning-images-grimsbys-new-youth-4158845

It seems from reading this that their plans are going to go ahead, with planning permission being sourt soon.
Posted by: mimma, May 25, 2020, 2:54pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from mimma
Mr. Shutes iand his team are in the Telegraph today, revealing their plans for the Haven development.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/stunning-images-grimsbys-new-youth-4158845

It seems from reading this that their plans are going to go ahead, with planning permission being sought soon.

Posted by: aldi_01, May 25, 2020, 3:05pm; Reply: 2
Did he have to prove funds first?
Posted by: Iknowyoursecret, May 25, 2020, 3:55pm; Reply: 3
Haven’t they already started works on Garth lane.IF it happens then it’s a positive for Grimsby
Posted by: Ipswin, May 25, 2020, 3:55pm; Reply: 4
Well I suppose it will give the toe rags somewhere to go other than on the roofs in East Marsh
Posted by: moosey_club, May 25, 2020, 4:02pm; Reply: 5
Isnt this old news,  the youth club and nail bar development that Martin Vickers & Melanie Onn (?) or maybe the new GY member of parliament said they would be looking forward to having a go on the zip line in ?
Been ongoing for ages with what seems like little progress.

Shutes needs to stop "talking himself up" to the telegraph and get moving with the football club takeover if he has real ambitions in that direction.
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, May 25, 2020, 4:57pm; Reply: 6
Nobody should welcome any investment from a guy who in essence borrows other peoples money......
I reckon Ollie would pack his bags if he took over........
Not in my view a good move ..
Posted by: mimma, May 25, 2020, 5:22pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
Nobody should welcome any investment from a guy who in essence borrows other peoples money......
I reckon Ollie would pack his bags if he took over........
Not in my view a good move ..

Everyone borrows money to fund projects. Spurs didn't spend a billion pounds out of their own funds, they borrowed it. The council will borrow money to fund the difference, after Grants snd government money, that's how the world works.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 25, 2020, 5:26pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from moosey_club
Isnt this old news,  the youth club and nail bar development that Martin Vickers & Melanie Onn (?) or maybe the new GY member of parliament said they would be looking forward to having a go on the zip line in ?
Been ongoing for ages with what seems like little progress.

Shutes needs to stop "talking himself up" to the telegraph and get moving with the football club takeover if he has real ambitions in that direction.

I agree we've had enough of that for the past 25 years.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, May 25, 2020, 5:34pm; Reply: 9
Better the devil you know in the current climate . Shutes buying GTFC sets alarm bells ringing in my ears as I’ve got no belief he gives a sh.it about the club .
Posted by: psgmariner, May 25, 2020, 5:56pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Better the devil you know in the current climate . Shutes buying GTFC sets alarm bells ringing in my ears as I’ve got no belief he gives a sh.it about the club .

No idea if Shutes does but the others involved in this certainly do.

Posted by: mimma, May 25, 2020, 6:28pm; Reply: 11
Just wish that he would make a video or something outlining his vision, and how he would make it happen. Once we have seen him speak we could then have a better idea of what he is like and if he sounds genuine. As it stands he is very elusive which makes us suspicious and unsure about his motives.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 25, 2020, 7:00pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from mimma
Just wish that he would make a video or something outlining his vision, and how he would make it happen. Once we have seen him speak we could then have a better idea of what he is like and if he sounds genuine. As it stands he is very elusive which makes us suspicious and unsure about his motives.

Really? I hope he keeps his mouth shut and stops trying to impress gullible people with CGI and pretty pictures and sets out in detail where the money comes from and what the outcome is going to be for the local economy. The charity has a kind of wish list that doing it will regenerate an area but to me the only actual investment I can see is in the buildings and pretty fixtures that will generate a few construction and some low paid reception/instructor jobs, some of which may be local. There is no evidence that the Onside Youth  idea has any long term regeneration potential. It is just a glorified leisure centre.

I don’t want a video of this or his “vision” for the ground. I want to see hard facts and cash on the table.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 25, 2020, 11:59pm; Reply: 13
I agree with you on seeing the facts set out in black and white RRFC.

With respect to this new place on Garth Lane, I really hope it works. I can’t help but feel it’s a drop in the ocean. The prospect of decent jobs has got to be the best thing for young people. If you’ve got something to aim for/something to lose.....
Posted by: Boris Johnson, May 26, 2020, 1:13am; Reply: 14
Used to play snooker at Garth Lane,..well playing isnt strictly true, highest break of 22, i think.

Does the snooker place still exist?
Posted by: moosey_club, May 26, 2020, 11:00pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Used to play snooker at Garth Lane,..well playing isnt strictly true, highest break of 22, i think.

Does the snooker place still exist?

The building is stll there in part,,,,,now part of what is being redeveloped now for this scheme.  
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 9:09pm