Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 25, 2020, 1:59pm
With Curtis Woodhouses' opinion on Ryan Giggs.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/another-unbelievably-overrated-manchester-united-player-ryan-giggs-slammed-and-called-a-myth-for-his-lack-of-goals-and-assists-by-former-premier-league-player-curtis-woodhouse/ar-BB14wHih
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, May 25, 2020, 2:06pm; Reply: 1
I like Curtis Woodhouse and all but disagree.
Posted by: Stadium, May 25, 2020, 2:43pm; Reply: 2
The lockdown has obviously affected him.
Comes across as needy & quite bitter.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 25, 2020, 2:45pm; Reply: 3

Always looked an outstanding player to me and Giggs was never sent off in his 24-season playing career for Manchester United, shame his off the field antics tarnished his reputation.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 25, 2020, 4:16pm; Reply: 4
Not like Curtis to seek the headlines is it ?  ;D

Posted by: Boris Johnson, May 26, 2020, 1:21am; Reply: 5
Well Im sure Curtis would like to have the same amount of medals to show his grandkids.

Not immune to periods of mediocrity, poor form, but on the whole outstanding footballer, and it should be noted that he wasnt out of place when he moved into the middle of the park in later years.
Posted by: Poojah, May 26, 2020, 10:03am; Reply: 6
Giggs has to be one of the most decorated players in English club football history...

13x Premier League
4x FA Cup
3x League Cup
9x Charity / Community Shield
2x Champions League
1x European Super Cup
1x Intercontinental Cup
1x World Club Cup

34 titles, plus a raft of individual honours to boot. It's hard to respect Ryan Giggs the person for what he did to his brother, and of course his own wife (not that I claim to know all of the details of his private life behind the scenes), however as a footballer it's difficult to argue that you can achieve all that over such a lengthy career without being a little bit special.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 26, 2020, 10:11am; Reply: 7
Couldn't cross a ball while running for toffee.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 26, 2020, 10:23am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Couldn't cross a ball while running for toffee.

All but forgotten now. In his early years I think that was a criticism that was made of him. Great runner with the ball but final pass dodgy.

You just wonder, if he had been a right footed player, would he have had the same career successes?

Posted by: ex-merseymariner, May 26, 2020, 11:47am; Reply: 9

Disagree.  Has he confused Giggs with Wes Brown or John O'Shea?!?!

This is like that when Keane, in that Vieira;Keane ITV programme slagged off Gary Neville, just came across as bitter.

Strange how the article doesn't mention that Woodhouse played for us. Meh.
Posted by: LH, May 26, 2020, 11:59am; Reply: 10
We play a huge part in Woodhouse’s career. It was only when he moved to Town that he would decide that he’d rather get punched in the head for a living...
Posted by: Ipswin, May 26, 2020, 12:22pm; Reply: 11
Curtis who?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 26, 2020, 3:19pm; Reply: 12
I wonder what views Giggs has on Curtis?

Or is is just one of those "put your medals on the table" conversations......... from a distance of course Curtis being quite handy and all that.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 26, 2020, 3:53pm; Reply: 13
FACT: the last 5 minutes of Woodhouse's Premier League career were on the same pitch as Giggs.

Another one of those same time tomorrow.
Posted by: Ipswin, May 26, 2020, 6:12pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I wonder what views Giggs has on Curtis?

'Curtis who?' I would imagine

Posted by: Rick12, May 27, 2020, 8:27am; Reply: 15
I think Alex Ferguson sums it up:

"I don't mean to demean or criticise any of the great or very good footballers who played for me during my 26-year career at United, but there were only four who were world class: Cantona, Giggs, Ronaldo and Scholes.

And of the four Cristiano was like an ornament on the top of a Christmas tree."
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 10:03am