Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BarkerDan10, May 18, 2020, 10:54am
Good morning all

I would just like to bring to your attention that I have released an eBook on the Amazon Kindle store all about the players who represented their country while with Grimsby Town.

‘Sailing In International Waters’ is a celebration of those players who played international football while playing their club football for Town. From Bestall and Betmead to Waters and Wilkinson, the book covers players who represented their country at either full, ‘B’ or U21/U23 international level.

The book is available to download now for just £1.99 and from this link

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sailing-International-Waters-Celebration-Represented-ebook/dp/B088QP6XJ9/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=sailing+in+international+waters&qid=1589795010&sr=8-1

Thank you in advance to anyone who chooses to purchase the book.

Up The Mariners.
Posted by: Rick12, May 19, 2020, 7:53am; Reply: 1
As a lover of books and a fan of Grimsby respect to you for making the effort to write this.Always admire those who translate passion into results.
Posted by: BarkerDan10, May 19, 2020, 10:45am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Rick12
As a lover of books and a fan of Grimsby respect to you for making the effort to write this.Always admire those who translate passion into results.

Thank you for your kind words, If only one person tells me they enjoy my work then that’s more than enough for me. I was a little bit nervous about uploading it but more than happy with the end product.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 19, 2020, 11:50am; Reply: 3
Quoted from BarkerDan10

Thank you for your kind words, If only one person tells me they enjoy my work then that’s more than enough for me. I was a little bit nervous about uploading it but more than happy with the end product.

Will there be a paperback edition Dan as I have a collection of various books I would like to add to. I think Rob sold quite a few of To hell and back.

It would sit nicely next to that.
Posted by: BarkerDan10, May 19, 2020, 12:05pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete

Will there be a paperback edition Dan as I have a collection of various books I would like to add to. I think Rob sold quite a few of To hell and back.

It would sit nicely next to that.

I have a proof copy coming in a week or so just as a test to see how well the book transitions from ebook to physical copy.

A print run is something I am seriously considering, it would just depend on demand as I’ll be funding it myself. As a relatively low paid worker it might be a couple of months before anything does happen.

Thank you for your interest though, it has been noted.
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, May 19, 2020, 1:15pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from BarkerDan10

I have a proof copy coming in a week or so just as a test to see how well the book transitions from ebook to physical copy.

A print run is something I am seriously considering, it would just depend on demand as I’ll be funding it myself. As a relatively low paid worker it might be a couple of months before anything does happen.

Best way to go for a physical book of this nature is POD.
Posted by: Rick12, May 19, 2020, 3:42pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from BarkerDan10

Its ok. Pleased for you.

Posted by: grimsby pete, May 19, 2020, 4:47pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from BarkerDan10

I have downloaded the e version but would like a paperback as well so I hope you can manage it as I am sure you will sell to all ages.
Posted by: BarkerDan10, May 19, 2020, 5:49pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete

I have downloaded the e version but would like a paperback as well so I hope you can manage it as I am sure you will sell to all ages.

Firstly, thank you for downloading the digital version, I hope you enjoy it.

I’m considering a small print run of around 20-30 books just to test the water somewhat. Once I have received the proof copy and made any necessary amendments I’ll put the wheels in motion.

(If I could be extra cheeky, could you please leave me a little review on Amazon please, it would help me out greatly.)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 19, 2020, 10:01pm; Reply: 9
I would buy a hard copy of your book, if it helps.  
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 19, 2020, 10:33pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from BarkerDan10

Firstly, thank you for downloading the digital version, I hope you enjoy it.

I’m considering a small print run of around 20-30 books just to test the water somewhat. Once I have received the proof copy and made any necessary amendments I’ll put the wheels in motion.

(If I could be extra cheeky, could you please leave me a little review on Amazon please, it would help me out greatly.)

Will do.
Posted by: BarkerDan10, May 19, 2020, 10:52pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I would buy a hard copy of your book, if it helps.  

Thank you, watch this space!
Posted by: BarkerDan10, May 22, 2020, 6:48pm; Reply: 12
Just a quick update from me, the proof copy of the book arrived today.

There is going to be an initially short print run next month so pre-orders are open to secure your copy.

For Grimsby/Cleethorpes residents the book will cost £2.50 and I will personally deliver your copy (contact free of course)

As I’ll have to post copies out to exiles, the cost is a little bit more at £3.50 but that price is inclusive of postage.

Thank you to everyone for your support of the project so far, PM me if you would like to reserve a copy.
Posted by: BarkerDan10, May 22, 2020, 7:56pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from BarkerDan10
Just a quick update from me, the proof copy of the book arrived today.

There is going to be an initially short print run next month so pre-orders are open to secure your copy.

For Grimsby/Cleethorpes residents the book will cost £2.50 and I will personally deliver your copy (contact free of course)

As I’ll have to post copies out to exiles, the cost is a little bit more at £3.50 but that price is inclusive of postage.

Thank you to everyone for your support of the project so far, PM me if you would like to reserve a copy.

Just another one from me. The site to pre-order a copy of the book is now live. Please visit https://barkergraybooks.bigcartel.com and select the delivery option applicable to you. Once the printed copies arrive (mid-June) I’ll have them out to you ASAP.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 23, 2020, 10:29am; Reply: 14
Just ordered.

From the cover photo you dont half look like Pat Glover.    ;)
Posted by: barralad, May 24, 2020, 12:22pm; Reply: 15
Hiya mate do you have another payment method to paypal. Had trouble with PayPal and don't use them anymore. Happy for you to p. m me your bank details for a transfer?
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 10:31pm