Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 24, 2020, 5:54am
If any of you get an e-mail titled ‘knock knock’ whatever you do don’t open it.

It’s the Jehovah’s witness’s working from home 😉

Stay safe all.  UTM
Posted by: pizzzza, March 24, 2020, 7:29am; Reply: 1
"Darling...fancy putting on a nurses uniform"?
"Ooh, cheeky boy...you feeling horny"?
"Nah...we've run out of bread"!
Posted by: Rick12, March 24, 2020, 8:11am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Civvy at last
If any of you get an e-mail titled ‘knock knock’ whatever you do don’t open it.

It’s the Jehovah’s witness’s working from home 😉

Stay safe all.  UTM
You have to give them some credit.At least there not peddling anything nasty.As a Catholic I dont agree with their aggressive form of gospel preaching eg knocking on peoples doors but in their own way there trying to help others albeit I feel a bit misguided.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 24, 2020, 10:27am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Rick12
You have to give them some credit.At least there not peddling anything nasty.As a Catholic I dont agree with their aggressive form of gospel preaching eg knocking on peoples doors but in their own way there trying to help others albeit I feel a bit misguided.

Did you know they are all rugby fans?

They get 5 points for a try and an extra 2 points for a conversion. ;)

Posted by: Kris2, March 24, 2020, 11:46am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Rick12

They are peddling entry into a cult which behaves like a pyramid scheme. It's not really like being a good Catholic, you go to church, try to have good morals and so on. JW's get given time cards they have to complete in trying to recruit more followers and they prey on lonely,insecure people. You'll be taken into a building with no windows,surrounded by the initiated to brainwash you into their apocalypse cult. You'll be told what you can and can't do or say, who you can be friends with,etc. If you break even the most simple rule you risk being shunned and cut off from the people you have come to rely on. After joining everything is about reaching elder status and working your way up the pyramid by being a good little worker and preaching the doctrine.

I feel sorry for them when I see them walking the streets,going door to door. It's not even an optional thing for them. I guess they can argue they are teaching the real message of Christ though, "we are all copulated, do what I say while worshipping me and you get given a free pass from it.
Posted by: Rick12, March 24, 2020, 12:22pm; Reply: 5

Did you know they are all rugby fans?

They get 5 points for a try and an extra 2 points for a conversion. ;)

One way of putting it Ron  ;)

Quoted from Kris2

They are peddling entry into a cult which behaves like a pyramid scheme. It's not really like being a good Catholic, you go to church, try to have good morals and so on. JW's get given time cards they have to complete in trying to recruit more followers and they prey on lonely,insecure people. You'll be taken into a building with no windows,surrounded by the initiated to brainwash you into their apocalypse cult. You'll be told what you can and can't do or say, who you can be friends with,etc. If you break even the most simple rule you risk being shunned and cut off from the people you have come to rely on. After joining everything is about reaching elder status and working your way up the pyramid by being a good little worker and preaching the doctrine.

I feel sorry for them when I see them walking the streets,going door to door. It's not even an optional thing for them. I guess they can argue they are teaching the real message of Christ though, "we are all copulated, do what I say while worshipping me and you get given a free pass from it.
Thanks for the information Kris. Just read the following below which strengthens your point and which saddens me:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/jehovahs-witnesses-religion-christianity-religious-group-what-is-it-like-a7214966.html

Iam sure Jesus wouldn't approve.

Posted by: Mayaman, March 24, 2020, 2:52pm; Reply: 6
Totally flawed ideas.  There's only about 140,000 people who can enter heaven.  How many people are members?
Posted by: Rick12, March 24, 2020, 2:59pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mayaman
Totally flawed ideas.  There's only about 140,000 people who can enter heaven.  How many people are members?
I dont think its flawed .For me something divine caused the universe to begin=God.Jesus a holy man tapped into that message and tried to create a better society linked to that concept.

Posted by: Mallyner, March 24, 2020, 3:39pm; Reply: 8
I have nothing against Jehovah's Witnesses and in the past have let them come in and they have all been lovely people, who have only stayed for a few minutes. On the other hand if I have seen them coming I have not let them see me or answered the door.

A few years ago I did a parcel round and most of the customers in my area used to hide from them; and I went to this house and having seen them approaching; I told the woman, a regular call, the next knock on your door will be the Jehovah's Witnesses. The woman replied, "We are actually Jehovah's Witnesses."   :-/

I recovered the situation to her satisfaction by relating my first sentence.  :)
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 26, 2020, 12:59am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Rick12

A lady I worked with was drawn into this mob. She became ill and only a blood transfusion would save her. Because of their beliefs she refused and eventually died.
Posted by: Rick12, March 26, 2020, 7:15am; Reply: 10
Quoted from arryarryarry

A lady I worked with was drawn into this mob. She became ill and only a blood transfusion would save her. Because of their beliefs she refused and eventually died.
When I use to live in London I had the Jehovas witnesses coming round my door every so often. To be fair to them all of them seemed nice enough people. But yes Ive heard this before as well.Likewise as your probably aware they dont celebrate Christmas as well.

Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 10:16am