Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 26, 2020, 1:18am
So, I’m coming back home and will get to go to the next three games. I’m expecting four points, hoping for six, dreaming of any more than that. Very excited to se how we get on as I’ve not been home since Oldham away so I’ve only watched to transformation from afar.
My prediction is:
Northampton draw
Plymouth Loss
Scunny Win
Posted by: PoutonStepover, February 26, 2020, 10:25am; Reply: 1
3 x Wins for me!
Posted by: aldi_01, February 26, 2020, 10:36am; Reply: 2
Win, lose, draw in that order although I can sense the Ginger Pig comments coming back to bite us on the bottom...
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, February 26, 2020, 11:46am; Reply: 3
Quoted from aldi_01
I can sense the Ginger Pig comments coming back to bite us on the bottom...

I'm confident that the Ginger Pig's taunting of Town fans after his goal will come back to bite him
Posted by: cmackenzie4, February 26, 2020, 12:22pm; Reply: 4
Draw
Win
Win
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 26, 2020, 2:32pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Draw
Win
Win

I’d prefer win draw win as it reels Northampton into our mix
Posted by: supertown, February 26, 2020, 2:34pm; Reply: 6
Win draw draw
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, February 26, 2020, 2:42pm; Reply: 7
Oh dear God, this is the joy and pain of supporting Town. I just don't know how they'll go and we are always surprised. I'd have put money on us getting beaten at Colchester, I fancied us to get something out of the game at Swindon.
My head says we won't make the play offs so I will accept 2 losses v Northampton and Plymouth if that guarantees hammering Scunny.
I suspect.....draw, loss, draw.
Posted by: buckstown, February 26, 2020, 2:56pm; Reply: 8
Looking at the table this morning I think a top ten finish should be our target now. There are three teams on 55, an 11 point gap with 12 games left so too big to close at this stage in my opinion.
To be honest I'm enjoying the ride and grateful for the 22 point gap between us and Stevenage. It's the first time I've looked at the bottom of the table for  couple of weeks and I didn't think that would be possible at the start of February.
I am thinking next season could be our most interesting for a few years though!!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 26, 2020, 2:57pm; Reply: 9
WIN
WIN
WIN

and watch a few teams above us start to panic!

I believe.....No surly not?......We can't, can we?
Posted by: ginnywings, February 26, 2020, 5:21pm; Reply: 10
Not much in this league from top to bottom. We could easily win all three or lose all three. Suspect it will be somewhere inbetween those two extremes. 5 points would be decent.
Posted by: oochiad, February 26, 2020, 5:25pm; Reply: 11
Win win win We are playing great stuff and other than a bad 10 mins held our own against Swindon. I think we will of learnt a lot from that and so I’m going for three wins.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 26, 2020, 5:30pm; Reply: 12
Two wins out of the three would be great.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 26, 2020, 5:54pm; Reply: 13
If there's two wins it would be nice if it's the ones against Northampton and Scunny.
Posted by: Rick12, February 28, 2020, 2:54pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
So, I’m coming back home and will get to go to the next three games. I’m expecting four points, hoping for six, dreaming of any more than that. Very excited to se how we get on as I’ve not been home since Oldham away so I’ve only watched to transformation from afar.
My prediction is:
Northampton draw
Plymouth Loss
Scunny Win
Iam sure Holloway is assessing the players and thinking who he is going to keep.Will have his own ideas and most probably some will be let go.Feel for the players.I like to think though the ones that are decent for this level and work hard can be kept on.Its the type of player I want playing for this club eg those that work hard and are willing to sacrifice.
Posted by: sydney, February 28, 2020, 3:05pm; Reply: 15
Look it’s Simple..
Just beat Cobblers and then Pilgrims
Then Scunny and we will be nearer the play offs!!
Football is such an easy game 😂😂
Come on Town!!
Posted by: Rick12, February 28, 2020, 3:09pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from sydney
Look it’s Simple..
Just beat Cobblers and then Pilgrims
Then Scunny and we will be nearer the play offs!!
Football is such an easy game 😂😂
Come on Town!!
Easier said than done though.Its the players that want it more though which will overall probably prevail  ;)

Posted by: Mayaman, February 28, 2020, 3:34pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Rick12
Easier said than done though.Its the players that want it more though which will overall probably prevail  ;)

Don't forget Lady Luck.
Posted by: Rick12, February 28, 2020, 3:40pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Mayaman

Don't forget Lady Luck.
True but by and large you create your own luck as well.

Posted by: gtfckyle, February 28, 2020, 3:47pm; Reply: 19
Tighten up and concentrate a bit more at the back and there's no reason we can't get 3 wins. I think Plymouth away is the hardest game by a distance especially on a Tuesday night.

3 wins and that would leave us right in the mix surely? Probably only 5/6 points from the edge of play offs.. We can dream!
Posted by: sydney, February 28, 2020, 4:13pm; Reply: 20
I can’t make Sat but if someone could pass this onto IH from a good mate who is a proper Cheltenham Fan who beat Northampton on Tuesday Night

“”Very Tough Mate
Hassled and hurried us for the ball the whole game, won a lot of second balls. Good on the counter attack and a young ginger lad up front who runs all game and has some quality (on loan from baggies)
They are a massive team and very dangerous from set pieces!””

Come on Town!!
Posted by: dicko995, February 28, 2020, 5:44pm; Reply: 21
if, and its a big if, if we do manage to get into the play=offs, I reckon we have a great chance of winning it. Ollie will really boost us into each play off game. its very feasible, but at the end of the season whatever happens, we will be a force next season. Its in the lap of the gods, but I know the lads will play their hearts out for Ollie and for us.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 28, 2020, 5:54pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from dicko995
if, and its a big if, if we do manage to get into the play=offs, I reckon we have a great chance of winning it. Ollie will really boost us into each play off game. its very feasible, but at the end of the season whatever happens, we will be a force next season. Its in the lap of the gods, but I know the lads will play their hearts out for Ollie and for us.

It’s a huge ‘if’. But I agree. If we made it, I’d rate our chances. Mainly because we’d be on championship winning form to get to the play offs.
Posted by: chrissy, February 28, 2020, 6:16pm; Reply: 23
Win  4-3

Draw  2-2

Win   7-1

In that order  8)
Posted by: Ipswin, February 28, 2020, 6:24pm; Reply: 24
draw, loss, draw
Posted by: ginnywings, February 28, 2020, 7:29pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from sydney
I can’t make Sat but if someone could pass this onto IH from a good mate who is a proper Cheltenham Fan who beat Northampton on Tuesday Night

“”Very Tough Mate
Hassled and hurried us for the ball the whole game, won a lot of second balls. Good on the counter attack and a young ginger lad up front who runs all game and has some quality (on loan from baggies)
They are a massive team and very dangerous from set pieces!””

Come on Town!!

Yeah but they have lost 4 of their last 6, so certainly not frightening.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, February 28, 2020, 7:51pm; Reply: 26
Stop mentioning the playoffs every time people consider it a possibility we lose the next game. WE HAVE NO HOPE OF GETTING TO THE PLAYOFFS :P
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 28, 2020, 8:48pm; Reply: 27
Draw

Draw

Win
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 28, 2020, 9:31pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Stop mentioning the playoffs every time people consider it a possibility we lose the next game. WE HAVE NO HOPE OF GETTING TO THE PLAYOFFS :P

Absolutely no chance. None. Zero. Zilch.

🤞😁
Posted by: RonMariner, February 28, 2020, 10:45pm; Reply: 29
Win

Lose

Win

6 points. I’d be happy with that.
Posted by: Bignic69, February 29, 2020, 8:04am; Reply: 30
Can see us beating Northampton and Scunny, losing to Plymouth inbetween
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 1:32am